GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Aug 2018, 16:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2016, 02:40
What are the prospects of getting an interview call in R4 with gmat 710 and 3 WE ?
Has anyone here applied in R4?
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2016, 22:38
Atinder91.. I think you should apply. I have received an interview call in R3 with GMAT 620 AND 6YEARS Work ex.
Current Student
Concentration: International Business
GMAT 1: 550 Q38 V27
GPA: 3.5
WE: Other (Education)

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2016, 07:25
So I had the second interview and they were concerned that I was over educated with three degrees under my belt already, as well, they were concerned that graduating at the age of 38, I might not be appealing to an employer, who might prefer a younger graduate.

However, they have granted me a conditional acceptance, conditional that I re-take the GMAT and get a higher score. My score was 550 (45% on verbal, 40% on quantitative), and they would like to see applicants score in at least 50% percentile in each quantitative and verbal and 50% overall. So I'm back to studying for the GMAT. So it turns out scoring the minimum to apply is not enough.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE: Sales (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2016, 06:47
marlowmoo wrote:
So I had the second interview and they were concerned that I was over educated with three degrees under my belt already, as well, they were concerned that graduating at the age of 38, I might not be appealing to an employer, who might prefer a younger graduate.

However, they have granted me a conditional acceptance, conditional that I re-take the GMAT and get a higher score. My score was 550 (45% on verbal, 40% on quantitative), and they would like to see applicants score in at least 50% percentile in each quantitative and verbal and 50% overall. So I'm back to studying for the GMAT. So it turns out scoring the minimum to apply is not enough.

Why don't you consider EMBA? It might be a good option for you considering your age, education and GMAT.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2016, 07:26
PaulArcher wrote:
marlowmoo wrote:

Why don't you consider EMBA? It might be a good option for you considering your age, education and GMAT.

I don't qualify because I'm not nor have I been in any positions any schools consider management and I don't have a background in business. I did query this at a few schools who looked at my resume and they all said the same thing. That and the EMBA programs cost significantly more, I can barely afford the regular program tuition.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2016, 23:37
marlowmoo wrote:
PaulArcher wrote:
marlowmoo wrote:

I don't qualify because I'm not nor have I been in any positions any schools consider management and I don't have a background in business. I did query this at a few schools who looked at my resume and they all said the same thing. That and the EMBA programs cost significantly more, I can barely afford the regular program tuition.

Hm.. but having said that why do you consider an MBA degree at all?Unfortunately, MBA itself won't take you to the starts, especially if you don't have a relevant background. If not a secret, could you please share your post-MBA plans? Or in other words - "Why MBA"? :)
Intern
Intern
Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2016, 02:14
Hi guys, it's been a while that I accessed gmat forum.

It seems like there are still many applicants on admission process.

At this moment, there are 65 accepted candidates on Sauder school Facebook group including me.
We are from different countries in the world, have so many different backgrounds, and have varied range of work experience from two to 10 years approx. I am the one who has the shortest work experience also.

Anyway I just wanted to give u guys something to be helpful but not sure this would be help.

You now noticed current quota of prospective candidates of Sauder school. But this group doesn't represent official number. But do not worry about it all. I just wanted to say statistics believed like a myth doesn't fit into current candidates. If you represent yourself well, I believe you will eventually receive acceptance letter.

I already said to my friends that comparing with others is mean less even though ur backgrounds in general is overwhelming since we see cases of people who are rejected and still have shiny numbers.
So I think concentrating on your current process is the most important.

Further, please understand that I'm not gonna share any detail info since these are personal.

Wish your best luck on process and hope to meet you in person in Sauder.

Good luck!
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2016, 13:49
Hm.. but having said that why do you consider an MBA degree at all?Unfortunately, MBA itself won't take you to the starts, especially if you don't have a relevant background. If not a secret, could you please share your post-MBA plans? Or in other words - "Why MBA"? :)[/quote]

I thought these forums were a place for potential MBA students to go for information, ask questions, and maybe get a little support from other potential MBA candidates?

Although my MBA plans are not a secret, since you're not a member of an admissions committee and certainly don't have the qualifications to judge whether or not someone should or should not be doing an MBA, I don't feel particularly inclined to answer your question. Also, a business background is not required to do an MBA, that is one of the first questions I asked at an MBA tour event. UBC in particular said they like to admit students with arts backgrounds to ensure their classes have diversity, as those with an arts background tend to bring a very different perspective than those with business or science backgrounds.
Current Student
Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2016, 00:42
marlowmoo wrote:
Hm.. but having said that why do you consider an MBA degree at all?Unfortunately, MBA itself won't take you to the starts, especially if you don't have a relevant background. If not a secret, could you please share your post-MBA plans? Or in other words - "Why MBA"? :)

I thought these forums were a place for potential MBA students to go for information, ask questions, and maybe get a little support from other potential MBA candidates?

Although my MBA plans are not a secret, since you're not a member of an admissions committee and certainly don't have the qualifications to judge whether or not someone should or should not be doing an MBA, I don't feel particularly inclined to answer your question. Also, a business background is not required to do an MBA, that is one of the first questions I asked at an MBA tour event. UBC in particular said they like to admit students with arts backgrounds to ensure their classes have diversity, as those with an arts background tend to bring a very different perspective than those with business or science backgrounds.[/quote]

Great answer! Hope you will be admitted and after all you won't be frustrated by the lack of interest from employers and a bunch of loans on your shoulders :)
And by the way, it is better to consider this forum as a source of useful information and advices rather than source of useless flattery, which might be supportive sometimes and bringing you to a harmful conclusions. My question was at no point any kind of judgment, but a wish to know you better.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2016, 11:17
Any R4 admits ?
Current Student
Schools: Sauder '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GPA: 3.1
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2016, 23:18
Atinder91 wrote:
Any R4 admits ?

I received my admission yesterday. Had 2 interviews, the regular one and then another one with the career manager to discuss my post-MBA plans.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Sauder '18 (I)

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2016, 07:53
larahanouni
Am also a prospective R4 applicant. Please let me know when was the interviewe scheduled.

Any specific tips for the interview
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2016, 21:52
larahanouni wrote:
Atinder91 wrote:
Any R4 admits ?

I received my admission yesterday. Had 2 interviews, the regular one and then another one with the career manager to discuss my post-MBA plans.

Hi

Who's your career manager? How did you get in touch?

Thanks
Current Student
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2016, 10:33
JananiRamakrishnan wrote:
larahanouni
Am also a prospective R4 applicant. Please let me know when was the interviewe scheduled.

I submitted my application on the 2nd of May and my application was marked as complete and sent for review on the 28th of May. I Received my first interview invite on the 2nd of June and had my interview on the 7th. I later received a second interview invite with the career manager on the 16th of June and scheduled the interview for the 17th. I got admitted on the 21st of June.
Current Student
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2016, 10:35
dexter1709 wrote:
larahanouni wrote:
Atinder91 wrote:
Any R4 admits ?

Hi

Who's your career manager? How did you get in touch?

Thanks

I received an email from Natasha Miroshnichenko (Career manager) asking for a second interview to discuss my career plans post MBA.
Current Student
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2016, 10:38
JananiRamakrishnan wrote:
larahanouni

As for tips for the interview, I would advise you to have a Plan C ready since they will ask you about that if they believe that your plan A is as competitive as your Plan B. Everything else was pretty much discussed on this forum already :) (similar questions)
Intern
Intern
Schools: Sauder '18 (I)

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2016, 22:30
As for tips for the interview, I would advise you to have a Plan C ready since they will ask you about that if they believe that your plan A is as competitive as your Plan B. Everything else was pretty much discussed on this forum already :) (similar questions)[/quote]

Thank you. I gave my interview yesterday. Now waiting for my results.
BSchool Forum Moderator
P
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Boston U '20 (A)
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2017, 13:46
ronak1990 wrote:
Hello Prospective Juniors,

Greetings from Vancouver! I am a full-time student here at UBC Sauder School of Business. I just had some spare time today so I logged in to GmatClub to see how the incoming class is shaping up. Having gone through the lengthy waits and nervous nights, I understand the feeling you guys have right now but trust me it is worth everything. So just hang in there if Sauder is your dream school.

In the meanwhile, if you guys have any queries regarding the program, life in Vancouver etc. feel free to send me a note. Please do not ask me about the waiting time of admissions and anything in general related to admissions as I am not the best person for that. Anything other than that I am happy to chat. Please expect a delay in response as we have our exams right now and the I will be leaving for London-Global immersion next week.

All the very best for the applications and hopefully I will get to see some of you in Vancouver.

P.S- Vancouver is beautiful!!

Best,
Pawan.

Hi,

Can you please address few queries regarding the UBC MBA program.

Is UBC Sauder a good fit for me with such career goals and Non profit background? Is it possible to get into Non profit consulting?
Can you please connect me to someone at Sauder who is interested in Non profit or Social Impact?

Canadian Bschools: Detailed comparison
Resume Guides

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :) ..TIA

Retired Moderator
G
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE: Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2017, 13:50
vivek6199 wrote:
ronak1990 wrote:
Hello Prospective Juniors,

Greetings from Vancouver! I am a full-time student here at UBC Sauder School of Business. I just had some spare time today so I logged in to GmatClub to see how the incoming class is shaping up. Having gone through the lengthy waits and nervous nights, I understand the feeling you guys have right now but trust me it is worth everything. So just hang in there if Sauder is your dream school.

In the meanwhile, if you guys have any queries regarding the program, life in Vancouver etc. feel free to send me a note. Please do not ask me about the waiting time of admissions and anything in general related to admissions as I am not the best person for that. Anything other than that I am happy to chat. Please expect a delay in response as we have our exams right now and the I will be leaving for London-Global immersion next week.

All the very best for the applications and hopefully I will get to see some of you in Vancouver.

P.S- Vancouver is beautiful!!

Best,
Pawan.

Hi,

Can you please address few queries regarding the UBC MBA program.

Is UBC Sauder a good fit for me with such career goals and Non profit background? Is it possible to get into Non profit consulting?
Can you please connect me to someone at Sauder who is interested in Non profit or Social Impact?

Hey bud, i dont go to UBC but i live in vancouver. Let me know if you need any info. I can reach out to locals and see if someone can help you with your goals and profile.

My MBA Journey - https://smalldoubledouble.com

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2018, 18:31
marlowmoo wrote:
wilget720 wrote:
marlowmoo wrote:
I feel like I might be in trouble if you guys are considering a GMAT of 610 quite low. My GMAT was 550, exactly the minimum required. But I'm hoping my 4.0 GPA and 10 years WE will offset that.

Hi Marlowmoo.

I had similar thoughts when I was applying to Sauder. To be honest 550 is not a very great score, its definitely a very low score and as u told its a the minimum score required as wel. SO, IT SAYS IT ALL. BUT BUT BUT If you get an interview call from Sauder, you should be assured that they don't care about your gmat soo much now. Once you're selected they want you to showcase yourself and give reason why they should select you. So, if you get an interview call just forget about your low gmat score. You surely must have other strong points in your application that will ensure that you gte through. 10 years of WE is huge along with 4.0 GPA. I know a person who made it to harvard with 580and he had quite a similar profile.
Just be positive about yourself and showcase yourself in such a way that your gmat score of 550 should not be a concern to anyone. Prepare well for the interview and give your best. I have mentioned interview questions in one of my posts above, go through them and you'll be fine to secure a birth in the Sauder 2016 class. (Note - you should be a fit to the school as well)
all the best!!
Regards
Jivesh

I got an invite to interview! I'll be heading to interview in person on April 18. So excited!

Hi Eva,
I had no idea we had spoken before I met you during the program at UBC.
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 &nbs [#permalink] 12 Feb 2018, 18:31

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   [ 440 posts ] 

Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap