Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:49 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
Yes I have a thought. Take a step back and relax. Decisions are next week. There's no reason to analyze whether you got this email or that email, whether it makes a difference if you got it on Thursday versus Friday or anything else. Be patient. Do something else to take your mind off admissions. Accept that it's entirely out of your hands now. Otherwise it'll just drive you nuts.

Sannuzzo wrote:
kenadams01 wrote:
Jts320 wrote:
Im gonna assume everyone got the email from booth about the winter student hosted emails. Although, would be harsh to sign up and then get a rejection next week. Anyone else jump a little when they get these marketing emails titled "You're Invited"...a few more days

Totally

Guys actually i have not received the email talking abt winter student hosted events, the last one I've got was abt the admission chat last December 4th...
Maybe as I am from Europe they still have to send out the emails inviting to the events? When did you guys receive it?
It might be silly, but considering my status has not changed since my interview invitation notification (GMAT and TOEFL are still on awaiting) plus this is setting me in a bad state of mind.
Any thought on this?
Thanks!

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
kenadams01 wrote:
Jts320 wrote:
Im gonna assume everyone got the email from booth about the winter student hosted emails. Although, would be harsh to sign up and then get a rejection next week. Anyone else jump a little when they get these marketing emails titled "You're Invited"...a few more days

Totally

Agree. But at the same time, I know that if I am being admitted, I would receive a call before an email. (On the contrary, no call, in most cases would imply a reject or a wait-list). Can't wait to get through these last few days. 50% acceptance rate/ rejection rate post-interview does not make me feel better.
VP
VP
Send PM
Sannuzzo wrote:
kenadams01 wrote:
Jts320 wrote:

Totally

Guys actually i have not received the email talking abt winter student hosted events, the last one I've got was abt the admission chat last December 4th...
Maybe as I am from Europe they still have to send out the emails inviting to the events? When did you guys receive it?
It might be silly, but considering my status has not changed since my interview invitation notification (GMAT and TOEFL are still on awaiting) plus this is setting me in a bad state of mind.
Any thought on this?
Thanks!

The email about winter student hosted events is a marketing email that goes out to anyone who signed up to receive Booth marketing emails. They are not tied to admissions decisions at all. If you did not sign up to receive "more information" or unsubscribed then you wouldn't get the email.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
cheetarah1980 wrote:
Top10MBACandidate wrote:
cheetarah1980, just read your blog and now I'm trying to make sense of Booth "quarters." Since Booth calls them quarters, I assumed that I would be taking 4 sets of classes each school year. But per your blog post it seems that the Booth 1st quarter lasts from Sept to Dec, which is a typical semester in most colleges. How many different times do you change classes each year? (I dug around Booth's website but couldn't find an academic calendar..am I missing the obvious?)

September to December is misleading. Classes didn't start this year til Sept 27, so it's really more like October thru December.

I see, it was just orientation that started earlier in Sept. Makes sense.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Send PM
cheetarah1980 wrote:
Round1ThisFall wrote:
Does anyone know how many applicants normally get accepted first round not including the wait list? Id imagine they would try to accept half the class so around 250 people???

Not everyone who gets accepted attends. Booth has about a 57-60% yield so they typically admit 1000 applicants. Round 2 is the biggest round with the most admits. The exact # or percentage in each round is unknown. Judging from the fact that R3 is so small because the class is mostly full, I'd say 85-90% of the class is admitted in R1 and R2, with more in R2 than R1. Work out the math from there to get whatever estimate you wish.

Considering the yield of Booth is 58-60%, if the adcom has to fill a class of 575, it has to accept about 1000 candidates. Could anyone estimate the mix of candidates with direct admit and candidates waitlisted and then admitted of these 1000 accepted people? This would give a better idea of the number of students who would be directly accepted. I tried to use the 2012 data from GC to estimate this but the number of waitlisted candidates reporting admission looks erroneous (just 10% of the total admitted candidates)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cheetarah1980 wrote:
September to December is misleading. Classes didn't start this year til Sept 27, so it's really more like October thru December.

Hi Cheetarah. I was going through your blog and came to know that the orientation for Booth Class of 2014 started on Sep06. I know that the Random Walk ended on Aug28 - Aug29. So, what happened on the 7-8 days between Random Walk and orientation? Were there any activities planned or the students who skipped the Random Walk joined in directly on the 6th? Just curious :)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
funemployed wrote:
cheetarah1980 wrote:

Hi Cheetarah. I was going through your blog and came to know that the orientation for Booth Class of 2014 started on Sep06. I know that the Random Walk ended on Aug28 - Aug29. So, what happened on the 7-8 days between Random Walk and orientation? Were there any activities planned or the students who skipped the Random Walk joined in directly on the 6th? Just curious :)

Random Walk was the 18/19-26 (depending on departure day and destination). Orientation started Sept. 5. Random Walk is school supported, NOT school sponsored so it's really not a part of the school year. An optional Pre MBA Accounting class was offered August 27-31. Other than that Booth didn't have anything planned for us. We planned our own stuff. There were a lot of beach days, architecture tours of the city, happy hours, a neon party, and other social events to occupy our time. Students who skipped RW joined in the festivities before those of us who did do a RW left and after we got back.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi,

I am currently applying in the second Round for the Two Year MBA program.I have taken my TOEFL exam date as 12thJan,2013 since no date was available before that at my location. Can i submit my application before 8thJan,2013 and send the TOEFL score on 12th and still be eligible for Second Round Deadline.

Regards
Nikhil
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nikhilarora88 wrote:
Hi,

I am currently applying in the second Round for the Two Year MBA program.I have taken my TOEFL exam date as 12thJan,2013 since no date was available before that at my location. Can i submit my application before 8thJan,2013 and send the TOEFL score on 12th and still be eligible for Second Round Deadline.

Regards
Nikhil

Hi Nikhil, not sure if you are aware that a TOEFL score isn't required for Booth if the medium of instruction at your undergrad college is English,which, i think, would be the case at most of the indian institutes.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
24 hours until calls start rolling out based on last years thread...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Bigblue1010 wrote:

I wonder why the schools take so long after the interview to decide?! Perhaps they're running background checks or something?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
randomapplicant wrote:
Bigblue1010 wrote:

I wonder why the schools take so long after the interview to decide?! Perhaps they're running background checks or something?

Is it really that long? It's only been 2.5 weeks since the last interview date of November 30th... I agree it feels like a lot longer, but I think their decision date is fair

Originally posted by top10mbacandidate on 17 Dec 2012, 09:56.
Last edited by top10mbacandidate on 17 Dec 2012, 09:58, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP
Send PM
randomapplicant wrote:
Bigblue1010 wrote:

Background checks don't happen until after people have been admitted. They don't even ask for the background check info until early summer.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So what do u guys think - should we keep our fingers crossed for Wednesday or would tomorrow be the day!!
VP
VP
Send PM
funemployed wrote:
So what do u guys think - should we keep our fingers crossed for Wednesday or would tomorrow be the day!!

Historically, Booth calls admits the day before the official decision day. I'm not on the adcom, but I haven't heard any rumors that this year will be any different.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.81
Just looked back at the posts for last year, which had roughly the same number of R1 applicants, and it's amazing how many more pages of posts there were compared to this year. One would have to get to pages 47-48 to reach the Monday before the decision notification
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [0]
Send PM
APPalachiantrail wrote:
Just looked back at the posts for last year, which had roughly the same number of R1 applicants, and it's amazing how many more pages of posts there were compared to this year. One would have to get to pages 47-48 to reach the Monday before the decision notification

I think the reason was because last year, Booth released interview invites in many batches. So there are lots of posts from people worrying and speculating about the whole process. This year, they made it much easier by doing it in one shot on the 31st of Oct.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  84   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts