GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Nov 2018, 11:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
28293031123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
2526272829301
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Advice For Applicants Considering Round 2

     November 16, 2018

     November 16, 2018

     10:00 PM MST

     11:00 PM MST

    Many of you may be wondering whether you should pull the trigger and apply to business school during round 2 this winter.
  • Save up to $500 on MBA Admissions Consulting!

     November 21, 2018

     November 21, 2018

     10:00 PM PST

     11:00 PM PST

    Apply with confidence using an Accepted admissions expert, save money and get accepted!

Chicago Booth Class of 2020 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Jan 2018
Posts: 19
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.83
Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2020 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2018, 18:14
Has or is anyone submitting a letter with their essay or video? I see several places recommending the letter but I'm not sure if the adcom would look favorably on it given they're pretty specific about the supplemental info. Thoughts?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Affiliations: USMC
Joined: 04 Apr 2018
Posts: 6
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2020 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2018, 19:34
coleman62 wrote:
Has or is anyone submitting a letter with their essay or video? I see several places recommending the letter but I'm not sure if the adcom would look favorably on it given they're pretty specific about the supplemental info. Thoughts?

I'm personally going to try to get all the material I need into the video and my updated resume. Given the length of the Booth essays, when they're re-evaluating our candidacies, I imagine that they have plenty of material with which they get a feel for your writing style. I don't know how much more I can really write to convey my intent. Personally, I feel like the video is the best medium to let your personality shine through a bit and give adcom an idea of how you present yourself. I don't want to try to push my luck by submitting something alongside the video when their guide clearly states not to submit both the video and an essay. Yes, technically a letter is not an essay, but it's one more thing that they'd have to review and I feel like it would be more of annoyance to adcom, as if we weren't following simple instructions and didn't want to take the time to incorporate the necessary brevity.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Jan 2018
Posts: 19
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.83
Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2020 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2018, 13:51
Rambro1803 wrote:
coleman62 wrote:
Has or is anyone submitting a letter with their essay or video? I see several places recommending the letter but I'm not sure if the adcom would look favorably on it given they're pretty specific about the supplemental info. Thoughts?

I'm personally going to try to get all the material I need into the video and my updated resume. Given the length of the Booth essays, when they're re-evaluating our candidacies, I imagine that they have plenty of material with which they get a feel for your writing style. I don't know how much more I can really write to convey my intent. Personally, I feel like the video is the best medium to let your personality shine through a bit and give adcom an idea of how you present yourself. I don't want to try to push my luck by submitting something alongside the video when their guide clearly states not to submit both the video and an essay. Yes, technically a letter is not an essay, but it's one more thing that they'd have to review and I feel like it would be more of annoyance to adcom, as if we weren't following simple instructions and didn't want to take the time to incorporate the necessary brevity.


You have the same mindset I do. I think a short letter could be a nice touch as a thank you for continued consideration, etc. but the brevity is the key here. Especially since they're pretty clear about what they want from you already.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jan 2017
Posts: 8
Chicago Booth Class of 2020 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2018, 14:23
...
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Aug 2016
Posts: 13
Location: United States (AZ)
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.71
Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2020 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2018, 14:23
Does anyone know when admitted people need to respond to their R2 decisions? I assume wait list applicants will be notified of their fates shortly after that.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Jan 2018
Posts: 19
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.83
Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2020 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2018, 14:44
ddb123 wrote:
Does anyone know when admitted people need to respond to their R2 decisions? I assume wait list applicants will be notified of their fates shortly after that.


R3 invites for interviews went out today it looks like. I think the 27th is the R2 deposit date. I think we'd hear about WL the first week of May at the earliest but most likely with the R3 decisions.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Oct 2017
Posts: 5
Location: Mexico
Schools: IESE '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.58
Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2020 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2018, 08:30
ddb123 wrote:
Does anyone know when admitted people need to respond to their R2 decisions? I assume wait list applicants will be notified of their fates shortly after that.


It was yesterday! Lets hope for good news soon
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Aug 2016
Posts: 13
Location: United States (AZ)
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.71
Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2020 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2018, 09:48
Per our waitlist letter:

We will continue to evaluate your status on the waitlist during the coming weeks and will provide you with an update by the Round 3 decision release on Thursday, May 17, 2018.

In order to move forward with your candidacy, we ask that you “accept” your position on the waitlist by completing our Waitlist Response Form by Friday, March 23, 2018. The Waitlist Response Form will be available on your application status page shortly. If you wish to be removed from the waitlist, please also complete the Waitlist Response Form to formally close the process.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Mar 2018
Posts: 6
Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2020 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2018, 01:34
Will Booth call within a few hours for R3?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Affiliations: USMC
Joined: 04 Apr 2018
Posts: 6
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2020 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2018, 19:26
I got the call on Tuesday! I'm still in shock. Keep your chin up everyone.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2020 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants &nbs [#permalink] 19 Jul 2018, 19:26

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 50 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Chicago Booth Class of 2020 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants

  new topic post reply Update application status  


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.