GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Jun 2018, 16:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Chicago Booth Class of 2020 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.83
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2020 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2018, 18:19
FlytheW2016 wrote:
I didn't get accepted but I got an update earlier this week saying they just received my portfolio submission and that I would hear back on 3/15 - anyone else?

Just saw on ClearAdmit that Booth admitted a few people off the waitlist in the 1st week of Feb. 2018. So people not called so far are probably in the 2nd tier of the waitlist... :?
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2020 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2018, 18:24
KLC wrote:
FlytheW2016 wrote:
I didn't get accepted but I got an update earlier this week saying they just received my portfolio submission and that I would hear back on 3/15 - anyone else?

Just saw on ClearAdmit that Booth admitted a few people off the waitlist in the 1st week of Feb. 2018. So people not called so far are probably in the 2nd tier of the waitlist... :?

Could be trolls as well. Booth clearly mentioned in the waitlist letter that you can expect to be on the waitlist at least until the next round’s decision date.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2018, 06:11
I doubt anyone was accepted in Feb 2018 from here.

Do you guys know, should we expect a call tomorrow or Thursday, or is it just the portal to tell us?
I'm hoping we get a call tomorrow!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2018, 11:08
Squizadoo wrote:
I doubt anyone was accepted in Feb 2018 from here.

Do you guys know, should we expect a call tomorrow or Thursday, or is it just the portal to tell us?
I'm hoping we get a call tomorrow!

I would expect call tomorrow given that their culture is to call accepted students and there is no difference between accepted R1 WL and accepted R2 from their perspective

GOOD LUCK TO Y'ALL I WILL BE STARING AT MY PHONE DROOLING ALL DAY
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q40 V34
GPA: 3.38

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 08:03
I just got the call from adcom and received a spot in class of 2020! Don't lose hope!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 08:06
happygolucky1025 wrote:
I just got the call from adcom and received a spot in class of 2020! Don't lose hope!

Me too! See you there!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 08:20
Congrats folks.
Do you mind sharing your location?
Current Student
B
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Business Development (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 08:25
Could you guys share what you did? Did you ever receive emails from Booth when you sent stuff in? Would be helpful for people in the future too who will likely stalk these threads when they are waitlisted - thanks and congrats!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 3.24
WE: Consulting (Human Resources)

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 12:31
Squizadoo wrote:
happygolucky1025 wrote:

Me too! See you there!

Me three!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 12:34
ocr2016 wrote:
Squizadoo wrote:
happygolucky1025 wrote:

Me too! See you there!

Me three!

Congrats! When did you receive the call?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 13:28
Me three![/quote]
Congrats! When did you receive the call?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app[/quote]

Thanks so much! I got the call at 1:27pm CST!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 15:10
Just curious, did anyone admitted from the WL receive $$$?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2018, 12:38
And now the R2 waitlist group is forming. It seemed like a large group were added to the list this morning - myself included.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 01:34
Congrats to people who got admitted off the R1 waitlist! Any words of advice for us poor souls in the R2 waitlist? It would be great if you guys can share your strategies.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 12:13
figureofwrit wrote:
Congrats to people who got admitted off the R1 waitlist! Any words of advice for us poor souls in the R2 waitlist? It would be great if you guys can share your strategies.

This is what I did:
-re-read my whole application to identify any weaknesses/things the adcoms might have found questionable
-reached out to students and got connected to others who got accepted from the waitlist
-participated in the waitlist virtual chat in January
-did an official class visit late January (I'd never visited before)
-Re-took the GMAT
-wrote the waitlist essay and answered question #3, further explaining potential weaknesses in my application (I didn't do the video)
-PRAYED HARDCORE

I hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
B
Chicago Booth Class of 2020 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 12:25
ocr2016 wrote:
figureofwrit wrote:

This is what I did:
-re-read my whole application to identify any weaknesses/things the adcoms might have found questionable
-reached out to students and got connected to others who got accepted from the waitlist
-Re-took the GMAT
-wrote the waitlist essay and answered question #3, further explaining potential weaknesses in my application (I didn't do the video)
-PRAYED HARDCORE

I hope this helps!

Thanks for sharing! Was 640 your prior score or was that your accepted score? I don't mean that to sound negatively. I'm asking because I'm debating if a higher GMAT would be beneficial or if I'm better off focusing on other parts of my profile to improve.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 13:25
coleman62 wrote:
ocr2016 wrote:
figureofwrit wrote:

This is what I did:
-Re-took the GMAT
-PRAYED HARDCORE

I hope this helps!

Thanks for sharing! Was 640 your prior score or was that your accepted score? I don't mean that to sound negatively. I'm asking because I'm debating if a higher GMAT would be beneficial or if I'm better off focusing on other parts of my profile to improve.

Admittedly, my overall score did not improve when I re-took the GMAT but I still submitted it to show them that I was committed (and my verbal, IR, and AWA score increased). On the virtual chat, they said even if your score did not improve they wanted to know if you re-took it. But also take this with a grain of salt because I am a URM and female. Not to say that its easier but just make sure to take your background into consideration and do what works for you!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
Chicago Booth Class of 2020 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 13:37
ocr2016 wrote:
coleman62 wrote:
ocr2016 wrote:

This is what I did:
-Re-took the GMAT
-PRAYED HARDCORE

I hope this helps!

Admittedly, my overall score did not improve when I re-took the GMAT but I still submitted it to show them that I was committed (and my verbal, IR, and AWA score increased). On the virtual chat, they said even if your score did not improve they wanted to know if you re-took it. But also take this with a grain of salt because I am a URM and female. Not to say that its easier but just make sure to take your background into consideration and do what works for you!

Thank you again! That certainly does help. URM or not, that is one heck of an accomplishment and you obviously deserved it! Congratulations and best of luck with your future endeavors!!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2018, 10:02
Hi all, a lot of people are PMing me asking for advice, here is what I have been telling them.

First please know that I am no expert, but I can offer the anecdotal advice of what steps I took.
-It was important for me to show that I had updates both at work and outside of work, I used 2 different clubs I am involved in for the updates.
-I also reconnected with my interviewer and current students to update them on my status and ask for advice (while ultimately you may not use their advice, you do want them in your corner fighting for you from the inside).
-Keep reiterating in every email and update letter and essay that Booth is your top choice and you WILL matriculate there.
-Attend any and all webinars/chats and in person events you can. Although they don't say so, we all suspect they do have attendance lists somewhere secret and you want your name on as many as possible.
-Do not rush or push them. I read that Booth is notorious for saying taking people off the waitlist (in a bad way). For example if an international student writes them worried about needing time to get visas, they may respond, we do not want to stress you out, we will remove you from the list.

For my essay, I wrote about my fit with the Booth community through interactions with current students and alumni.

Good luck and don't give up!
Manager
Manager
S
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2018, 12:05
Squizadoo wrote:
Hi all, a lot of people are PMing me asking for advice, here is what I have been telling them.

First please know that I am no expert, but I can offer the anecdotal advice of what steps I took.
-It was important for me to show that I had updates both at work and outside of work, I used 2 different clubs I am involved in for the updates.
-I also reconnected with my interviewer and current students to update them on my status and ask for advice (while ultimately you may not use their advice, you do want them in your corner fighting for you from the inside).
-Keep reiterating in every email and update letter and essay that Booth is your top choice and you WILL matriculate there.
-Attend any and all webinars/chats and in person events you can. Although they don't say so, we all suspect they do have attendance lists somewhere secret and you want your name on as many as possible.
-Do not rush or push them. I read that Booth is notorious for saying taking people off the waitlist (in a bad way). For example if an international student writes them worried about needing time to get visas, they may respond, we do not want to stress you out, we will remove you from the list.

For my essay, I wrote about my fit with the Booth community through interactions with current students and alumni.

Good luck and don't give up!

Great advice! For those who read this and still are not sold on the value of writing waitlist letters, here's an article on the topic: Should I send in Waitlist Letters?

Best,
Nate

IvyAdmissionsGroup.com | Want to know your odds of admission? Get our free assessment here.

Apply to business school like you're running for office. You're the candidate. We're your campaign managers.

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2020 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants   [#permalink] 04 Apr 2018, 12:05

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 49 posts ] 

Chicago Booth Class of 2020 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: rohan2345

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap