Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 20 Jul 2019, 21:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Cost of living + accommodation info

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V37
Cost of living + accommodation info  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2015, 03:53
Hello all,

I was curious to see if anyone has information about the cost of living in Toronto as a Schullich MBA student (family of 3). What are the best neighborhoods to live in while studying at Schullich? What's the cost?

Any piece of information is appreciated .. I've never been to Canada
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)
Re: Cost of living + accommodation info  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2015, 06:53
Great topic... I have the same questions.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 2.3

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2015, 08:40
Hi guys, I'm applying to Schulich and I'm from Toronto so I can answer some of the questions.

Cost of living in Toronto is generally high, however, Schulich (York) happens to be located in a not-so-great area of the city. A standard place within walking distance to campus that an undergraduate would live in probably goes for around 600. However, since you have a family of three, you would probably want to rent a better place in the suburbs or a better part of town and drive to school. A two-bedroom condo in a good area probably costs $1500 minimum. A cheap two bedroom apartment near campus (not-so-great area) can probably be had for $1000.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2015, 09:41
ggurface wrote:
Hi guys, I'm applying to Schulich and I'm from Toronto so I can answer some of the questions.

Cost of living in Toronto is generally high, however, Schulich (York) happens to be located in a not-so-great area of the city. A standard place within walking distance to campus that an undergraduate would live in probably goes for around 600. However, since you have a family of three, you would probably want to rent a better place in the suburbs or a better part of town and drive to school. A two-bedroom condo in a good area probably costs $1500 minimum. A cheap two bedroom apartment near campus (not-so-great area) can probably be had for $1000.

Hey thanks for answering this

Could you please name some of the "good" areas that are within a driving distance?

Btw, congratulations on the 770 GMAT score. Impressive work !
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2015, 10:17
High end after downtown would be Uptown near St.clair subway station.. but this is like expat zone and my favorite area..
2-bedroom in downtown ranges around 2300+ and uptown around 1800+.
since you are driving, you are better off to stay close to York .. not sure on the rent around that area .. .1300 should be a good rent ..
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2015, 03:56
Coachmba wrote:
High end after downtown would be Uptown near St.clair subway station.. but this is like expat zone and my favorite area..
2-bedroom in downtown ranges around 2300+ and uptown around 1800+.
since you are driving, you are better off to stay close to York .. not sure on the rent around that area .. .1300 should be a good rent ..

Thanks a lot for your input. This is a great beginning
Intern
Intern
Cost of living + accommodation info  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2016, 19:57
Did you consider other MBA schools? With a score like 770, you could have tried schools ranked 10-20 in US. Even Rotman would have accepted you.
Just curious.. why Schulich? Especially with an incredible score like 770?
GMAT Club Bot
Cost of living + accommodation info   [#permalink] 31 Oct 2016, 19:57

Cost of living + accommodation info

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: pushpitkc