Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:40 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.8
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]
illbemba wrote:
I am not a consortium applicant and saw my scholarship offer in the online letter. I clicked on the link "Status update" and it took me to the page with two letters - 1) The admission and welcome letter from Sara Neher; 2) (below the first letter) Letter from the director of financial aid Susan Loduha with the info on scholarship.

Well I guess no $ for me either - Would have been icing on the cake. Like zomba, I have three mouths to feed, so will have to scrimp here and there.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jko wrote:
Admitted! Finally, second year applying to programs - was starting to look like it wasn't going to happen this year either.

Congrats!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.22
WE:Asset Management (Other)
Send PM
theK wrote:
illbemba wrote:
I am not a consortium applicant and saw my scholarship offer in the online letter. I clicked on the link "Status update" and it took me to the page with two letters - 1) The admission and welcome letter from Sara Neher; 2) (below the first letter) Letter from the director of financial aid Susan Loduha with the info on scholarship.

Well I guess no $ for me either - Would have been icing on the cake. Like zomba, I have three mouths to feed, so will have to scrimp here and there.

Damn, I thought I might be in line for a scholarship too, but no dice. Oh well, just happy to be admitted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.52
Send PM
Does anyone know the chances of getting accepted from the WL?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.1
WE:Business Development (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Admitted!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: UCLA Anderson - Class of 2015
Send PM
vikram4689 wrote:
I see many successful re-applicants. I am dinged w/o interview and i am going to apply next year. Some info: my friend at kellogg told me that you have good chances of scholarship but i was hit right on face. :(

1. Any tips on what should i do ?
2. how did you guys make full benefit of feedback opportunity that darden gives to denied applicants. I mean can i clearly ask adcom "why i was not admitted". i don't want to be arrogant but i want some constructive feedback because every other b-school student i tell my story feels i have good chances and that is something that makes me more perplexed in identifying the area i need work on

Hi!
I didn't apply to Darden last year, but I was waitlisted at Booth and Haas and had a call to Haas to get feedback.
I heard nothing new during this talk, at first they politely mentioned all my pluses in the app and then concluded that my GMAT/TOEFL scores were a little bit lower than their mean and also that they had not seen strong extracurricular activities in my app. The last thing surprised me as I had the whole essay about it and finally I made a conclusion this feedback session was very formal thing and probably the person I talked to had never read my app at all. I can be mistaken, but it is how I feel. I am happy this year turned out very good for me!
As for Darden, from my perspective, they ant to read, hear and see your passion about Darden, you have to demonstrate why you choose Darden and how it will help you to reach your goals. I think "fit" for Darden is very important.
If you want some personal advice on what I did this year to improve my candidacy, PM me.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[quote="alena0802"][/quote]
Three admits from three good schools, alena. Impressive. Which one are you leaning towards?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: UCLA Anderson - Class of 2015
Send PM
theK wrote:
alena0802 wrote:

Three admits from three good schools, alena. Impressive. Which one are you leaning towards?

Thank you! Sorry, I am not ready to discuss it right now. I have really BIG decision to make!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
theK wrote:
alena0802 wrote:

which way are you leaning theK?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi all,

Got a call on the 19th, super surprised as it was a day early. Anyone hear back from scholarships? I only received one letter in the online portal - no word on any sort of financial aid - and am getting nervous /worried that I won't be offered anything. Any other tips on finding out online appreciated!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
corporatehippie wrote:
Hi all,

Got a call on the 19th, super surprised as it was a day early. Anyone hear back from scholarships? I only received one letter in the online portal - no word on any sort of financial aid - and am getting nervous /worried that I won't be offered anything. Any other tips on finding out online appreciated!

You'll be able to find your answer a few posts back.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
kasonhills wrote:
theK wrote:
alena0802 wrote:

which way are you leaning theK?

I'll wait before I receive Darden's admit packet before I can make my decision - Love both schools, so it's really difficult.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Yeah, I read the posts back but I was just *hoping* that wasn't the end all be all if I didn't receive a notice in the online portal....no aid would mean no school :(
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 216 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.37
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
corporatehippie wrote:
Yeah, I read the posts back but I was just *hoping* that wasn't the end all be all if I didn't receive a notice in the online portal....no aid would mean no school :(

gmatclub had 30+ R2 admits at Darden, and I've only seen one person in this thread indicate they had their scholarship info online. i wouldn't give up until you've got your letter.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Darden - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE:Marketing (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Kudos
vikram4689 wrote:
I see many successful re-applicants. I am dinged w/o interview and i am going to apply next year. Some info: my friend at kellogg told me that you have good chances of scholarship but i was hit right on face. :(

1. Any tips on what should i do ?
2. how did you guys make full benefit of feedback opportunity that darden gives to denied applicants. I mean can i clearly ask adcom "why i was not admitted". i don't want to be arrogant but i want some constructive feedback because every other b-school student i tell my story feels i have good chances and that is something that makes me more perplexed in identifying the area i need work on

As you can see in my profile, I was dinged last year but came back as a reapplicant, and was admitted in R1. I think the feedback that Darden offers is incredibly valuable - I was just stunned that I didn't even get an interview from Darden last year, and this was the perfect opportunity to hear straight from those that matter. So for everyone who was dinged, sign up for the feedback! It really helped me.

I made sure to sign up for one of the earliest timeslots so whoever I was going to be speaking to was fresh, since I'm sure there were tons of requests for feedback. The lady I spoke to last year said that she was a member of the adcom, but was not one of the initial readers of my app - all she had during my call was the notes in my file. It sounded like this was on purpose. She started off by telling me that my "GMAT was slightly below the average this year of 715 and our GPA of 3.5" (I was so shocked I wrote this down which is why I still remember). First, it sounded mechanical, like every feedback begins with a rundown of GMAT and GPA, and you shouldn't read too much into it. Second, and this may give waitlisters some hope, there must be a fair amount of "summer melt" going on, since the actual numbers turned out to be lower than this. We discussed a few more points related to my app (lack of showing leadership and impact), but an important takeaway for this board is that she strongly encouraged me to re-apply to Darden in R1. Admittedly I had to read between the lines a bit, but it sounded like applying in R1 is the best way that reapplicants can show interest in Darden, and that waiting until R2 for your reapp is not a good idea.

Hope this helps someone out there for next year!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: UVA (Darden) - Class of 2015
Send PM
I've got an admission package today, and inside there are two letters. First is the one you see online, second is an additional letter from the Fin. Aid office which explains that all applicants are considered for a scholarship, and due to the competitive nature of the process etc. the school is unable to offer me one.

For those who are interested, I see only one letter online.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: General Management
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Kjar wrote:
I've got an admission package today, and inside there are two letters. First is the one you see online, second is an additional letter from the Fin. Aid office which explains that all applicants are considered for a scholarship, and due to the competitive nature of the process etc. the school is unable to offer me one.

For those who are interested, I see only one letter online.

Same for me.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts