GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Aug 2018, 01:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Down On Consulting

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: Down On Consulting  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2016, 02:00
Recently I was read article on Forbes. There was that "As a consultant, imagine my indignation! So I did what every other normal person in the same situation would do—start fervently whispering my defense of consulting to my friends. For some reason, they didn’t seem to care, but now that I have your attention, I’ll continue it here."
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2016, 02:36
Good writing, keep posting.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2017, 00:58
yes keep writing, that was very useful.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2017, 02:41
cyberjadugar wrote:
Hey,

How is design thinking/innovation jobs different from consulting jobs (BCG)? Need clarification.

- cj

It's interesting to me too. Can anybody clarify, please?

Find at https://essayshark.com/research-papers-for-sale.html the most qualified assistance with college papers, let the writers make your essays outstanding

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2017, 23:38
any one here who can publish my article on forbes i can write on tech topics and i want to get back a backlinks.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: McCombs
GMAT 1: 630 Q40 V40
GPA: 2.99
WE: Education (Consulting)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2017, 20:29
I was a small business consultant and loved it! It was a government job with the Commerce Dept. Little travel, OK pay and lots of fun and autonomy. I got to use all I ever learned at McCombs -- business plans, marketing plans, budgets, loans, explaining the stochastic events their industry faced, etc...A classmate started at McK, worked there for 5 years and then was hired away as president of a steel pipe manufacturing company...This March, while on a stargazing vacation in Chile, I met a 70-year old consultant working for Hilton. (We were having lunch at the Santiago airport Hilton.) Three failed marriages kept him at the grindstone. He was in Chile hand-holding an investor and reviewing blue prints for a new hotel. I asked him about opportunities in Cuba, now that the country is opening up to western investment. Two words: Forget about it! Reason: Absolutely no infrastructure, period. As a consultant, you can have fun and learn "the rest of the story," even on vacation. Lesson learned: Work your @$$ off, travel a lot, learn a lot on someone else's dime. (You are being paid to learn!) Then, move on. Consulting should not be forever.

McCombs MBA 1990, Hook'Em Horns. I am helping my son prep for 2019, while trying to keep a 66 y.o. brain active. ;-)

Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.57

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2018, 09:52
I am thinking about MC after B-school. Would you be able to remark on the leave open doors for, say, a partner who's been a MC for two-three years. How frequently do individuals leave MC for a particular industry and work together improvement kind of stuff there? Likewise, I heard that you get the opportunity to "have your pick" in the event that you hail from any semblance of McK. Is that valid?

Hon's and Master's in Public Administration & Governance Studies

Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.51
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2018, 17:16
Need some advice from current and/or future consultants-

Background-
I am a technical engineer working a large, well known energy firm. I applied Round 2 last year (2018 marticulation) for bschool and got 3 dings. I am suspecting my "Why MBA?" reasoning is holding me back. My ultimate goal post MBA is to get out of my technically focused role and work on project with various industries to improve processes and focus on data analysis of business operations. I'm striving to get into consultancy. Let me know if you guys think this is valid reason to get an mba.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2018, 12:02
Hey
I want some advice regarding how should i utilise my time as i am a fresh graduate and i have to apply for MSc finance next year admissions. So in meanwhile how should and what should i do in almost a year left now?

Posted from my mobile device
Re: Down On Consulting &nbs [#permalink] 25 May 2018, 12:02

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   [ 189 posts ] 

Down On Consulting

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap