Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:50 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [5]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [2]
Given Kudos: 296
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: E-gmat vs EmpowerGMAT [#permalink]
Kudos
e-gmat does not have the rigour, effective methodoloy or practical application to bring a person to the required level for gmat. Paid interviews and corwding out negative remarks is a marketing strategy, not an accurate indicator of the products effectiveness Don't waste your time.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 283 [1]
Given Kudos: 107
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GPA: 3.27
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

I tried free trial of both E-Gmat and EmpowerGmat. Honestly,I liked EmpowerGmat. The course is laid out in a structured manner, the videos are highly interactive. The course provides you multiple opportunities to identify your weaknesses. I suggest you to try free trial of both the courses and decide for yourself.

PS: No bias.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ankit2293 wrote:
EGMAT is trash I have used it and the representatives are rude and they just advertise and do nothing else. The course is outdated and the tests are not realistic. They have a big question bank but they are more quantity than quality. SO, avoid EGMAT.

Agree... its just a waste of time. EGMAT is more of a marketing co. where they flood our feeds 24*7 with useless ads. I wasted 4 months on this course. Is there anyway for a refund of USD 300 I had paid.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
AnubhavC97 wrote:
Is there any way I can take refund from EGMAT..

Hi AnubhavC97,

From your post history, you have clearly put in some serious study time and used a number of different GMAT products. I'm curious how close you are at this point to your Score Goal - and before I can offer you any additional advice for your studies, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) Have you taken the Official GMAT yet? If you have, then how did you score (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?
2) How long have you studied in total? Over the last 3 months, how many hours did you typically study each week?
3) What “brands” of CATs/mocks have you used?
4) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
5) What is your overall goal score?
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
keerthanas wrote:
Hey guys,

Hope you all are well and are staying safe.
I have registered to give my GMAT on Sep 1 and I'm shooting for a score above 700. I have been using Manhattan Prep books to study the material but I definitely need to do a lot of work on strategy if I am to get a high score.
I am considering signing up for E-GMAT or EmpowerGMAT to help me study in a more strategic manner. Any advice for or against any of the courses?

Thanks, and I appreciate any help on this :please:

K

It is better if you take a free trial from both prep co.
my personal suggestion:
egmat's SC is good, but the other section does not help me. The way of discussing in Empowergmat is good. But, if you are not native speaker, it may hurt you a bit.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1813 [0]
Given Kudos: 763
WE:Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
keerthanas wrote:
Hey guys,

I have registered to give my GMAT on Sep 1 and I'm shooting for a score above 700. I have been using Manhattan Prep books to study the material but I definitely need to do a lot of work on strategy if I am to get a high score.
I am considering signing up for E-GMAT or EmpowerGMAT to help me study in a more strategic manner. Any advice for or against any of the courses?

K

Two things you must consider.
1. Which part are you looking for to improve - Q or V. If both then things are different.
2. Which one of them would let you complete your preparation by that time(however, it also depends on how much time you devote on a daily basis)

E-GMAT(good for SC) is very vast and if you have already done some prep, you might feel that it's lengthy, otherwise its fine. Empower I don't know much - better take trials of both the courses. Also, you need to formulate your own strategy for which you need to give a mock first. Only then people can guide.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 81
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GMAT 1: 360 Q27 V14
GMAT 2: 430 Q30 V20
GMAT 3: 480 Q36 V20
GPA: 3.78
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
E GMAT verbal course is best... especially SC and CR... for RC you may get few valuable tips which you can apply.

I am not sure about Empower GMAT course.

You can take free trails to compare and choose whichever suits your learning style.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 95
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
keerthanas wrote:
Hey guys,

K

I will recommend you to go for E-GMAT COURSE if you are scoring low on verbal.
If you are scoring more than V38 then you can go with either E-GMAT OR EMPOWER

KUDOS+
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1256 [0]
Given Kudos: 402
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
I have tried egmat but not empower.

Egmat is good for SC and quite fine for CR. It is quite lengthy and delivered in lecture-based style. Make sure to complete all SC and CR videos and to practise all scholaranium SC and CR questions before you take real exam. Doing so, you may be able to hit 600-690 score (in my personal experience).

SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
keerthanas wrote:
Hey guys,

K

Both are the same more or less.
Try Jamboree instead. (2 reasons- 1. I have tried all three, 2. Jamboree's new website is the best way to practice)

I loved Empowergmat's strategies in a lot of ways.
But it also varies on the level of prep you are at.
I won't tune in favour of egmat just yet but the course is too extensive and non-interactive.

Also, I have started a strategy firm for GMAT and B-school research. It's free for now. You can ask more if you want with a dedicated consultant
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi keerthanas,

Many GMATers spend 3 months (or more) of consistent study time before they hit their 'peak' scores, so with your current Test Date, you've given yourself lots of potential study time - which is great!

Most GMAT Companies offer some type of free materials (practice problems, Trial Accounts, videos, etc.) that you can use to 'test out' a product before you buy it. We have a variety of those resources at our website (www.empowergmat.com). I suggest that you take advantage of all of them, then choose the one that best matches your personality, timeline and budget.

Beyond that suggestion, before I can offer you any additional advice for your studies, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
3) What is your overall goal score?
4) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Send PM
Is there any way I can take refund from EGMAT..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 81
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GMAT 1: 360 Q27 V14
GMAT 2: 430 Q30 V20
GMAT 3: 480 Q36 V20
GPA: 3.78
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
AnubhavC97.. Sorry to hear about your bad experience with e-GMAT online course.

e-GMAT is basically very good for SC and somewhat good for CR. I am making this statement as I have used e-GMAT online course, last year.

Anyways, it would be better if you can directly send emails to e-GMAT team and maybe you might get your refund.

Here neither GMAT aspirants nor the GMATCLUB moderators will be able to provide you much help.

All the best !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
GMAT Club Bot