Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 05:13 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 05:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619860 [0]
Given Kudos: 81626
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.55
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Re: ESADE Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi everyone.

I am looking at ESADE as a school I want to go to the coming year. Request your comments and any suggestions for schools other than IMD would be highly appreciated.

Nationality: Indian ( Male, 30 )

Undergrad: Nirma University, Ahmedabad, CGPA : 7.76, First Class with Distinction,

GMAT: 660 ( Q 48, V 33) - Less than Gmatprep mocks given so will be attempting once more

Work experience: Project management , 7 years of experience in development and delivery of
capital infrastructure(T&D) projects with Tata Power
• Have been part of core teams in developing energy assets( capex) acheiveing capitalisation ranging USD 5M to 75M.
and increasing installed transmission capacity upwards of 2000 MVA.
• Led project execution at site for major capex projects managing site team of OEMs, large contractors and local vendors( team size approx 150+)
• Have managed multidisciplinary engineering site activities for a major project transition from EPC to BOQ model( short close contract of major EPC player midway in the project led to change in execution philosophy).
• Have led department HSE activities as departmental coordinator for 6 months. Prepped HSE dashboard for senior management, analysed operational and audit data for multiple sites to help bring two important safety improvements that were showcased in company's annual innovation event.
• Worked on project sites with international teams of various OEMs for a consistent time frame. ( 5 years)

Community and others:
• I have worked at an NGO full time for 6 months involved in installation of solar equipment in remote villages in gujarat. I spent a significant portion of this time also working on literacy campaigns for such remote villages on the use of solar pumps and panels.
• While working for transmission line projects in Mumbai, I have been actively involved in regular programs where people living below high voltage transmission lines are sensitized on the dangers of EHV lines.
• I have worked also with a couple of tourist organisation in Goa for 2 months where I had been involved in sustainable cooking practices in a small village for a large tourist crowd.

Post MBA goals
• Post graduation I want to continue in the energy sector as my interests are strongly aligned with the renewable space. My short term goals include getting to work on the manufacturing side of the project supply chain ( Companies like ABB, Vestas, Siemens) as till now I have worked for a utility and client side. Long term goals are to work on large scale distributed energy sufficiency programs for developing economies.

Looking forward to your comments. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
Re: ESADE Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi everyone.
I would love to get my profile evaluated.

Background:
IT Engineer Male Indian

Education
10th grade : 93%
12th grade: 94.75%
CGPA: 8.6 ( Manipal Institute of Technology)
GMAT: 700

Work Experience:
2 years in Cisco. Worked as a software developer/scrum master for an important Cisco service used in 180 countries and generating an annual revenue of 6 Billion.
3 month Internship in Istanbul: Was stuck there when the military coup took place. Lots of good stories around that.
Founder of a startup in college. Got multiple contracts from various hotels and universities.

Extra- Curricular Activities:
Cisco Intern Ambassador : Point of contact between 240+ Cisco Interns and the management. Worked with them to improve the internship experience.
Vice-President, Indian Society for Technical Education : Led a team of 200+ to organize events in college
Category Head,Technical Fest : Made improvements to the events to improve participation by 50% to 1200 people. Led a team of 100+.
Worked at an NGO (MAD) for 2+ years as a mentor training volunteers. Responsible for the curriculum planning of 14 teachers and overall study schedule of 60+children.
Various performance awards at work.
State-level Swimmer.
Vice-President of my school.

Post MBA goals

Product Management/ Consulting
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Vibranture
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
Hi AngadAhuja

I'm Shea Rai, an Admissions Consultant from Vibranture.com.

To comment on your profile for ESADE, we will have to look at academics, work experience and extracurricular activities.

Your academics and extracurricular aspects seem strong. I especially like that you are a state-level swimmer. That shows dedication, commitment, pursuit of excellence. All good.

Your work experience especially the stint abroad is also a good addition. But the overall duration of your work exp. seems on the lower side. ESADE's the average student is 29 years old and has 5.7 years of work experience. So have lower than average work experience, you will need to counter with other strengths in your application - particularly through the essays and letters of recommendations.

I'm including the following articles for your help:

ESADE MBA ESSAY TIPS
https://vibranture.com/essay/tips/esade ... g-tips.htm

How do business schools evaluate your profile
https://vibranture.com/articles/how-sch ... rofile.htm

If you need personalized help with your application, feel free to reach me directly at mail@vibranture.com :)
Here is a review from my recent admit:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/who-are-the- ... l#p2481221

Good luck!

AngadAhuja wrote:
Hi everyone.
I would love to get my profile evaluated.

Background:
IT Engineer Male Indian

Education
10th grade : 93%
12th grade: 94.75%
CGPA: 8.6 ( Manipal Institute of Technology)
GMAT: 700

Work Experience:
2 years in Cisco. Worked as a software developer/scrum master for an important Cisco service used in 180 countries and generating an annual revenue of 6 Billion.
3 month Internship in Istanbul: Was stuck there when the military coup took place. Lots of good stories around that.
Founder of a startup in college. Got multiple contracts from various hotels and universities.

Extra- Curricular Activities:
Cisco Intern Ambassador : Point of contact between 240+ Cisco Interns and the management. Worked with them to improve the internship experience.
Vice-President, Indian Society for Technical Education : Led a team of 200+ to organize events in college
Category Head,Technical Fest : Made improvements to the events to improve participation by 50% to 1200 people. Led a team of 100+.
Worked at an NGO (MAD) for 2+ years as a mentor training volunteers. Responsible for the curriculum planning of 14 teachers and overall study schedule of 60+children.
Various performance awards at work.
State-level Swimmer.
Vice-President of my school.

Post MBA goals

Product Management/ Consulting
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Given Kudos: 150
Concentration: Technology, General Management
Schools: ESADE (A)
GRE 1: Q170 V163
GPA: 3.4
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Everyone,

It would be a great help if someone evaluates my profile for FT MBA at ESADE.

Background and nationality:
Indian IT Male :shh:
Age-32, Work Ex- 10years,

Undergrad Information:
B. Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering in 2010 from a Govt College in India

GMAT:
590 (Q-49, V-21) last month (Verbal score was less than mocks :cry: ), retaking this month
IELTS : 7.5 (L-8.5, R-8.5, S-7.0, W-6.5)

Work experience and leadership:
  • Currently working as a consultant in a leading credit bureau in Bogota, Colombia
    Learned basic Spanish to grow the personal network in Colombia
  • Also, currently running a software company with friends, executed a few projects in Africa
    Single-handly developed and sold software to a couple of Banks in Africa
  • 10 years of total work experience as a software developer, team lead & Mentor, and Lead Consultant
    4 years of work experience in different managerial roles
  • As the first employee in the India office of my last company, I participated in almost all area of the company expansion during my tenure of 6 years
    Lead the entire training and recruitment activities across the organization (at the international level)
  • International Work Exposure at offices and client locations in Sweden, Germany, Kenya, Zambia, and Colombia

Community and others:
An active member of StackOverflow and TripAdvisor

WHY MBA:
  • To learn the skills necessary for successful project implementation, which includes strategic planning, technical resource management, negotiation strategy, etc
  • A degree from an international university, justifying my role as Manager
  • Improve my communication skills both in English and in Spanish, as well as learn Business Jargons

WHY SPAIN:
    I can improve my Spanish speaking by talking to native speakers in Spain
    WHY BARCELONA:
    I can enjoy my hobby of scuba diving in my leisure time if I stay in Barcelona :inlove:
    WHY ESADE:
    It is among the top B-Schools in the world
    31% of the MBA cohort are from Latin America, so I can have a better understanding of business conditions in Latin America, as well as I can have a good scope of networking

Post-MBA goals:
  • As a technology expert, I want to contribute to expanding my company business in Latin America
  • In the distant future, I want to start a software consulting company exclusively for the maintenance and support of existing projects
  • Participate in an expedition to Antarctica, Dive in Lake Baikal, and trek in Torres del Paine National Park :cool:

Anything else?
  • A2 in the Spanish Language
  • Numerous certificates and awards during study and work
  • PADI Certified Scuba Diver (Dived in many oceans and lakes all around the world)
  • High Altitude Trekker (Roopkund, Chadar Trek, Mt. Kenya, etc), led a few trek expeditions
  • Traveled 35 countries in all inhabited continent, including extreme places such as the North Pole
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Vibranture
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
Hi Vin5

I really like many aspects of your profile for ESADE. Your work experience, especially in Colombia is quite a differentiator. In all my experience as an admissions consultant, I have not seen many Indians working in LatAm. So that will definitely help you stand out. Your experience in Europe and Africa is also a positive addition.

Your extracurriculars, although interesting and varied, will need to tie into wholistically showcase your strengths.

Assuming, you will be able to improve your GMAT score to ~700, my main concern is that your work experience is on the higher side. Now this can be a positive or a negative thing, based on how you address it. The school will be very interested in knowing why you are planning to pursue a full-time MBA this stage in your career. For that, you will need to have convincing and strong reasons.

Additionally, though you have innumerate various reasons for why Spain, Barcelona, and ESADE, most of them do not seem strong and are generic. You will be to be more specific and compelling in your reasons.

So, to summarize, your profile looks good on paper, it is how you explain your story, highlight your strengths, and demonstrate your passion for ESADE will make or break your application.

If you need help with your application, feel free to reach out at mail@vibranture.com.

Good luck! :)

- Shea Rai
CEO, Vibranture.com [Est. 2006]
I am an MBA alumna from Ross Michigan. As an MBA/EMBA Admissions Consultant, I have helped students from across the world get admitted to top MBA programs such as Kellogg, Booth, Haas, INSEAD, LBS, and more..

Vin5 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

It would be a great help if someone evaluates my profile for FT MBA at ESADE.

Background and nationality:
Indian IT Male :shh:
Age-32, Work Ex- 10years,

Undergrad Information:
B. Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering in 2010 from a Govt College in India

GMAT:
590 (Q-49, V-21) last month (Verbal score was less than mocks :cry: ), retaking this month
IELTS : 7.5 (L-8.5, R-8.5, S-7.0, W-6.5)

Work experience and leadership:
  • Currently working as a consultant in a leading credit bureau in Bogota, Colombia
    Learned basic Spanish to grow the personal network in Colombia
  • Also, currently running a software company with friends, executed a few projects in Africa
    Single-handly developed and sold software to a couple of Banks in Africa
  • 10 years of total work experience as a software developer, team lead & Mentor, and Lead Consultant
    4 years of work experience in different managerial roles
  • As the first employee in the India office of my last company, I participated in almost all area of the company expansion during my tenure of 6 years
    Lead the entire training and recruitment activities across the organization (at the international level)
  • International Work Exposure at offices and client locations in Sweden, Germany, Kenya, Zambia, and Colombia

Community and others:
An active member of StackOverflow and TripAdvisor

WHY MBA:
  • To learn the skills necessary for successful project implementation, which includes strategic planning, technical resource management, negotiation strategy, etc
  • A degree from an international university, justifying my role as Manager
  • Improve my communication skills both in English and in Spanish, as well as learn Business Jargons

WHY SPAIN:
    I can improve my Spanish speaking by talking to native speakers in Spain
    WHY BARCELONA:
    I can enjoy my hobby of scuba diving in my leisure time if I stay in Barcelona :inlove:
    WHY ESADE:
    It is among the top B-Schools in the world
    31% of the MBA cohort are from Latin America, so I can have a better understanding of business conditions in Latin America, as well as I can have a good scope of networking

Post-MBA goals:
  • As a technology expert, I want to contribute to expanding my company business in Latin America
  • In the distant future, I want to start a software consulting company exclusively for the maintenance and support of existing projects
  • Participate in an expedition to Antarctica, Dive in Lake Baikal, and trek in Torres del Paine National Park :cool:

Anything else?
  • A2 in the Spanish Language
  • Numerous certificates and awards during study and work
  • PADI Certified Scuba Diver (Dived in many oceans and lakes all around the world)
  • High Altitude Trekker (Roopkund, Chadar Trek, Mt. Kenya, etc), led a few trek expeditions
  • Traveled 35 countries in all inhabited continent, including extreme places such as the North Pole
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Hello people, please help me clear this doubt

I am from India
I have completed my Btech in 4.5 years instead of 4 years in Jan 2021 (Started 2016)
• During my Btech, due to participation in as yearbook design head and few other reasons like (attending SSB interview 3 times for 10 days each, for few semesters, I have been absent in final exams or was restricted due to low attendance. In those subjects, I haven’t given the final exams. Those are marked as “N” grades in my grade sheets. Which are mentioned as incomplete courses/Absent courses and not failed courses. These are spread out across my whole Btech. Also, subjects where I have given Final exams and I have failed to clear are given by “F” grades. So, my doubt is
i have a very good profile with some great extra ordinary extra curricular, only thing i am lacking behind is the number of backlogs i am having in my Btech
History of F grades i have in Btech grade sheets:9
History of N grades i have in Btech grade sheets:22

Since N grades were marked as incomplete/absent courses will those be counted under backlogs or can i pas through this obstacle somehow?
i am specially trying for US and UK. So does colleges there consider absent courses as backlogs?
PS: i am a graduate now and i have cleared everything

also, i can mention medical conditions since the N grades are spread out across every semester in few of the subjects

thanks for the help in advance
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
Send PM
Kudos
Hey Dungeonmazter

Based on my understanding and the applications I have made in the past, all schools give you an optional essay asking if there is anything you would like to take as a special mention you can utilise that space to describe your reasons.

Secondary, in the Mba applications they ask you to mention your final GPA/Percentages and you’re required to upload the mark sheets. I too had a few Subjects where I had to reattempt the exams to qualify, however none of the schools I interviewed with mention that specific point.

Schools would ask you to submit unofficial transcripts right now with the application and then the final transcripts are sent from your engineering college/university to the school you’re selected, directly and most schools just match the document with the ones you’ve uploaded.

So as long as you’re grades are at par for graduations, you should be okay.

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Send PM
Hello,

Request you to kindly review and evaluate my profile.

Male 25 years

Academics -

10th - 10 CGPA
12th - 89%
UG (B.Tech, ECE) - 8.9

GRE Score - 323

Work ex -

1. Novartis - working as a Senior Analyst in Commercial Excellence team. Recently promoted. Work ex includes pharma brand analysis, Omnichannel marketing strategy engagements, field force incentives operations and other commercial excellence imperatives. Several workplace accolades and co-curricular achievements awarded

2. ZS - Worked as Associate in pharma commercial excellence practice area. Involved in business analysis for a US based multinational pharma company, involving but not limited to building BI dashboards, operationalising reporting, system setups and build, etc

Extra Curricular -

1. Runner up at Maharani Gayatri Devi National Quiz (Class X1)
2. School topper in class Xth
3. Participated, Won and presided as judge for over 20 Model united Nations conferences in college
4. Runner Up at National Paper Presentation competition organised by Miranda House's Geographic society
5. Star Impact Award (highest individual contributor award at Novartis) awarded x 4 times
6. Sony Corporate Photography Contest special mention in 2020
7. Active Member of Novartis' readers club, etc
8. Volunteer teacher at eVidyaloka initiative which is working towards UN SDGs

Any feedback will be much appreciated! :)

Thanks in advance
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619860 [0]
Given Kudos: 81626
Send PM
Re: ESADE Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
ESADE Profile Evaluation
Introducing New Better Profile Evaluations on GMAT Club!

Considering your application to a B-School? The first step in this significant journey is to evaluate your profile to gauge where you stand among the vast pool of applicants. We're excited to introduce a NEW and IMPROVED consolidated list of tools and platforms available on GMAT Club to assist you in this endeavor.