GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 May 2019, 12:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Evaluate Profile GMAT 670

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 98
Location: United States
Schools: IIMA PGPX"20
GMAT ToolKit User
Evaluate Profile GMAT 670  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2017, 11:42
Hi Experts
Can you please evaluate my profile for a 1 year Executive MBA at either of these Indian colleges :
1. Indian Institute of Management Kolkata
2. Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
3. Indian Institute of Management Bangalore

GMAT Score : 670 (Should I retake ??)

10th : 72 %

12th : 75 %

Graduation : B. E Honors (Rajasthan University) (Computer Science)

Present Location : USA

Work experience : I have overall 10+ years of work experience in championing IT projects that involves implementing and designing Product Lifecycle Management for client from various manufacturing domains such as Consumer Good , Medical Instrumentation, Heave Engineering Machinery, Aerospace, Electrical Equipments, Fashion and retail.

International experience - 6years

Current Role : Solution Architect for one of the world's biggest CPG Industry.

Professional achievements :
- Received Multiple awards and recognitions for my work in the company.
- Won 1st prize for my paper on PLM using BI
- Was member of Company Cricket team and also actively participated in various dance and drama competitions

Hobbies / Personal achievement :
- Captain of Local Cricket Team.
- USTA 4.0 tennis player
- Love to read the books that turn into movies .
- Teach small kids basics of Tennis in my free time.
- Co founded NGO named Yuva during college days.

Why MBA : Two major reasons :
- Obsessed with IIM C :)
- I have seen the technical side of things for past 10 years and I would now like to lead the functional aspects of the processes and products that we implement. MBA from IIMC will not only give me the knowledge and platform to attain my professional goals , but will also give access to plethora of knowledge from different minds from across the globe.


Please let me know what else I can do /add to my profile to brighten my chances for IIM C.
_________________
Feel Free to Press Kudos if you like the way I think :).
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 10 Apr 2013
Posts: 388
Re: Evaluate Profile GMAT 670  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2017, 22:19
282552 wrote:
Hi Experts
Can you please evaluate my profile for a 1 year Executive MBA at either of these Indian colleges :
1. Indian Institute of Management Kolkata
2. Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
3. Indian Institute of Management Bangalore

GMAT Score : 670 (Should I retake ??)

10th : 72 %

12th : 75 %

Graduation : B. E Honors (Rajasthan University) (Computer Science)

Present Location : USA

Work experience : I have overall 10+ years of work experience in championing IT projects that involves implementing and designing Product Lifecycle Management for client from various manufacturing domains such as Consumer Good , Medical Instrumentation, Heave Engineering Machinery, Aerospace, Electrical Equipments, Fashion and retail.

International experience - 6years

Current Role : Solution Architect for one of the world's biggest CPG Industry.

Professional achievements :
- Received Multiple awards and recognitions for my work in the company.
- Won 1st prize for my paper on PLM using BI
- Was member of Company Cricket team and also actively participated in various dance and drama competitions

Hobbies / Personal achievement :
- Captain of Local Cricket Team.
- USTA 4.0 tennis player
- Love to read the books that turn into movies .
- Teach small kids basics of Tennis in my free time.
- Co founded NGO named Yuva during college days.

Why MBA : Two major reasons :
- Obsessed with IIM C :)
- I have seen the technical side of things for past 10 years and I would now like to lead the functional aspects of the processes and products that we implement. MBA from IIMC will not only give me the knowledge and platform to attain my professional goals , but will also give access to plethora of knowledge from different minds from across the globe.


Please let me know what else I can do /add to my profile to brighten my chances for IIM C.


Hi there,
IIMs are still lagging in terms of candidate evaluation and admissions procedure when compared with international B-schools. However, for placements in India they are the holy grail. I think your GMAT is low and it should be north of 700. Your work industry, no.of years of work ex. and education background are atypical of an IIM. Your international work ex, however, does distinguish your profile marginally. Hope this helps.

Best,
_________________
Deep A.
Ivey Alumnus (Class of 2015)
https://EduSimplified.com

Check out our new tool MBA Matrix https://EduSimplified.com/mba-matrix
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 98
Location: United States
Schools: IIMA PGPX"20
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Evaluate Profile GMAT 670  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2017, 05:00
Thanks Deep

Do you think I can add anything else to make my profile look more interesting.

Also , will it make sense to retake GMAT ?
_________________
Feel Free to Press Kudos if you like the way I think :).
Personal MBA Coach Founder
User avatar
P
Status: Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Joined: 11 Sep 2010
Posts: 1594
Location: United States (NY)
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Re: Evaluate Profile GMAT 670  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2017, 06:04
282552 wrote:
Hi Experts
Can you please evaluate my profile for a 1 year Executive MBA at either of these Indian colleges :
1. Indian Institute of Management Kolkata
2. Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
3. Indian Institute of Management Bangalore

GMAT Score : 670 (Should I retake ??)

10th : 72 %

12th : 75 %

Graduation : B. E Honors (Rajasthan University) (Computer Science)

Present Location : USA

Work experience : I have overall 10+ years of work experience in championing IT projects that involves implementing and designing Product Lifecycle Management for client from various manufacturing domains such as Consumer Good , Medical Instrumentation, Heave Engineering Machinery, Aerospace, Electrical Equipments, Fashion and retail.

International experience - 6years

Current Role : Solution Architect for one of the world's biggest CPG Industry.

Professional achievements :
- Received Multiple awards and recognitions for my work in the company.
- Won 1st prize for my paper on PLM using BI
- Was member of Company Cricket team and also actively participated in various dance and drama competitions

Hobbies / Personal achievement :
- Captain of Local Cricket Team.
- USTA 4.0 tennis player
- Love to read the books that turn into movies .
- Teach small kids basics of Tennis in my free time.
- Co founded NGO named Yuva during college days.

Why MBA : Two major reasons :
- Obsessed with IIM C :)
- I have seen the technical side of things for past 10 years and I would now like to lead the functional aspects of the processes and products that we implement. MBA from IIMC will not only give me the knowledge and platform to attain my professional goals , but will also give access to plethora of knowledge from different minds from across the globe.


Please let me know what else I can do /add to my profile to brighten my chances for IIM C.


Thank you for your profile post. How many years of managerial experience do you have? You are a solutions architect today so I would love to have a better sense of the teams you manage as well as your direct reports.

Also what grades did you get in undergrad? What was your quant score on the GMAT? These are two crucial questions before determining your fit.

Scott@personalmbacoach.com
www.personalmbacoach.com

Best,
Scott
_________________
Personal MBA Coach
Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting
scott@personalmbacoach.com | +1 617 645 2424
http://www.personalmbacoach.com | http://www.personalmbacoach.com/blog

Sign up for a free consultation!

Image
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 98
Location: United States
Schools: IIMA PGPX"20
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Evaluate Profile GMAT 670  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2017, 06:44
How many years of managerial experience do you have?

I do manage teams , but not as a Manager rather as a Project lead

You are a solutions architect today so I would love to have a better sense of the teams you manage as well as your direct reports.

I manage a team of 10-15 odd people that include Onsite and offshore technical architects.

Also what grades did you get in undergrad?
GPA : 3.5

What was your quant score on the GMAT?
Quant Score : 49 or 50
I have taken GMAT twice and cancelled my score(670) both times. I can reinstate any one of them. I score 50 in one and 49 in another.


These are two crucial questions before determining your fit.
_________________
Feel Free to Press Kudos if you like the way I think :).
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
User avatar
G
Joined: 12 Aug 2014
Posts: 2763
Re: Evaluate Profile GMAT 670  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2017, 15:57
Thanks for sharing your profile. You have some interesting nuggets in your background. i would recommend retaking the GMAT, breaking 700 will help you out. I would also really focus on leading your personality and interpersonal development both in and outside of the office. You have done a lot in this respect and could use some of these anecdotes as a mechanism to stand out
_________________
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews
Personal MBA Coach Founder
User avatar
P
Status: Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Joined: 11 Sep 2010
Posts: 1594
Location: United States (NY)
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Re: Evaluate Profile GMAT 670  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2017, 19:13
282552 wrote:
How many years of managerial experience do you have?

I do manage teams , but not as a Manager rather as a Project lead

You are a solutions architect today so I would love to have a better sense of the teams you manage as well as your direct reports.

I manage a team of 10-15 odd people that include Onsite and offshore technical architects.

Also what grades did you get in undergrad?
GPA : 3.5

What was your quant score on the GMAT?
Quant Score : 49 or 50
I have taken GMAT twice and cancelled my score(670) both times. I can reinstate any one of them. I score 50 in one and 49 in another.


These are two crucial questions before determining your fit.


Thank you for the additional details. Everything looks great, though I would recommend retaking the GMAT to give yourself the best chance. If you would like support as you prepare for the GMAT or apps let us know!

Best,
Scott
_________________
Personal MBA Coach
Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting
scott@personalmbacoach.com | +1 617 645 2424
http://www.personalmbacoach.com | http://www.personalmbacoach.com/blog

Sign up for a free consultation!

Image
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 10 Apr 2013
Posts: 388
Re: Evaluate Profile GMAT 670  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2017, 01:24
282552 wrote:
Thanks Deep

Do you think I can add anything else to make my profile look more interesting.

Also , will it make sense to retake GMAT ?


Yes you should retake and score north of 700.

As for improving your profile you can:
1. Get involved in community service (even if IIMs don't value it as much)
2. Get sponsored by your company. Many Fortune 500 companies have leadership programs that enables its employees to pursue an MBA.
3. If company can't sponsor, get a leave of absence. It implies you have a job waiting for you once you graduate. This will make you a safe candidate to admit.

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions I would love to have a chat with you.

Best,
_________________
Deep A.
Ivey Alumnus (Class of 2015)
https://EduSimplified.com

Check out our new tool MBA Matrix https://EduSimplified.com/mba-matrix
Current Student
User avatar
S
Joined: 25 Apr 2016
Posts: 134
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.71
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Evaluate Profile GMAT 670  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2017, 20:03
Please consider re-taking gmat. IIM's are still heavenly inclined for higher gmat. Consider IIM B gmat class range last year- 680 to 780. Also 680 may have been a outlier( IIT' an, solid gpa etc...). Based on my discussion with current students anything below 700 is most likely a ding. Also since IIM's just require a Statement of Purpose rather than different essays compiling the application should not take long. Thus you have good 2 months to prepare and improve your score by atleast 30 points if not more. Consider taking a personal tutor as there are quite a few in this forum who have excellent track record of increasing their students score by 20-30 points in just 2 weeks. Good luck!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
GMAT Club Bot
Evaluate Profile GMAT 670   [#permalink] 03 Jul 2017, 20:03
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Evaluate Profile GMAT 670

  new topic post reply Update application status  


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.