It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 10:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Foreign student with very little saving

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

GPA: 3.85
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Foreign student with very little saving [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2017, 07:31
Hi, I do not have much saving as I have put them into property investment some time ago. Its not a good time for me to sell the property now so I m hoping to obtain bank loan to finance my MBA (if i got admitted by a top school).

Would it be possible for a foreign student to obtain a bank loan in the US/ UK? And Whats the typical interest rate?

And are there any other options to finance the tuition for a foreign student?

Thanks!

Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is. –Vince Lombardi

It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all- In which case, you fail by default. -J.K. Rowling

Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. -Steve Jobs

"The difference between successful people and others is how long they spend time feeling sorry for themselves."

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 28471 [0], given: 5105

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Foreign student with very little saving [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Aug 2017, 21:33
Hello. You can find the answers to all of your questions here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/the-internat ... 40669.html

Most of the time Prodigy Financial will finance at least 75% of the cost. For some schools they will finance 100% of tuition and living expenses. Now, living expenses estimated by the school are always unrealistically low. Meaning, you can live on it, but it is not enjoyable, does not allow for social activities, travel, etc. You will need to figure out how to potentially get some extra income for those things. A question many people from third world countries with small incomes face all the time.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 28471 [0], given: 5105

Director
Director
G

Kudos [?]: 179 [0], given: 855

Concentration: Marketing, International Business
Schools: HBS '19
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 4
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post 26 Aug 2017, 03:32
You can check with respective school or college as well. They too provide facilities of funding.

Thanks & Regards,
Anaira Mitch

Kudos [?]: 179 [0], given: 855

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2017, 00:52
anairamitch1804 wrote:
You can check with respective school or college as well. They too provide facilities of funding.

Thanks! Will do. I heard that its hard to get full scholarship and there are many eligible candidates and only a few places for the full scholarship are available. Perhaps I need to check with the schools to see what are the specific criteria that can add extra scores for the scholarship application.

It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all- In which case, you fail by default. -J.K. Rowling

Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. -Steve Jobs

"The difference between successful people and others is how long they spend time feeling sorry for themselves."

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2017, 19:32
[quote="bb"]Hello. You can find the answers to all of your questions here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/the-internat ... 40669.html

Most of the time Prodigy Financial will finance at least 75% of the cost. For some schools they will finance 100% of tuition and living expenses. Now, living expenses estimated by the school are always unrealistically low. Meaning, you can live on it, but it is not enjoyable, does not allow for social activities, travel, etc. You will need to figure out how to potentially get some extra income for those things. A question many people from third world countries with small incomes face all the time.[/quote

Thanks, Rich! Prodigy Finance looks good. I will check it out. I can live on my savings but I would not be able to pay off the full tuition so that part I would need some extra help. I have not started my application process yet so probably I will start approaching schools to get some guidance from them later on.

Re: Foreign student with very little saving   [#permalink] 30 Aug 2017, 19:32

Foreign student with very little saving

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap