GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 26 May 2020, 20:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Foster MBA vs Mendoza MBA

new topic post reply Update application status  

Foster $ vs Mendoza $$$

• 25% [2]
  • 75% [6]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 740 Q51 V39
Foster MBA vs Mendoza MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2017, 11:02
Hi everyone,

Please help me in deciding which school should I choose:

1. Foster ($20k Schol)
2. Mendoza ($50k Schol)

I'm a computer science graduate from India. My work experience is basically in software and data analytics. My goal is to switch into finance (IB or Corporate Finance). To get some exposure in this field, I've enrolled in the CFA program and currently, I'm a CFA Level 3 candidate.

This is my profile in short. I need your opinion on which school would suit my goals the best. Any inputs regarding the prestige of the program, good finance recruitments, H1b sponsorships, location etc would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Praneeth
Current Student
D
Schools: Boston U '20 (M)
GRE 1: Q169 V154
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Foster MBA vs Mendoza MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2017, 14:40
Hi.
To keep it short -> Foster is a much bigger band.
The location is a humongous plus point.
In terms of Post MBA opportunities -> Seattle just smokes South bend.

Regarding your query on H1-B => It is in a state of mess.You should go through this entire thread to examine the current situation --> https://gmatclub.com/forum/h-1b-visa-changes-a-potential-boon-for-mba-applicants-233284-40.html#p1850640

Having said that => Foster's brand/location would be of tremendous help getting that dream interview call.

Foster for me.

P.S->Just a fun fact-->> Washington Uni. has one of the best campuses in the US.Specially with those cheery blossoms :)

Regards
Stone Cold

V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2017, 17:00
I can vouch and say than Norte Dame campus is better than UW during the non cherry blossom times. UW is somewhat run down and aging though being in Seattle and tech, you are all but guaranteed a job at Amazon, Microsoft, FB, Google or Dropbox or a myriad of other tech companies. How do you feel about a Fin role in a tech company? Foster is all about placing into tech. The only big real financial institution in Seattle is US Bank (regional office). With most alumni going into tech and staying on the West Coast, it will be pretty darn hard for you to find a finance job relying on the alumni network or career services office.

Notre Dame has a strong name. Mendoza does not. This is one of those odd situations where you attend a very highly ranked university that has an average business school. It's actually much harder to get into the undergrad than the business school.

Both programs are fairly regional. Mendoza actually has a bit more national reach.

So while Foster may be a stronger brand, I think Mendoza may be more competitive in terms of your career goals and cost taking into consideration the scholarship offer.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
WAMC! - What Are My Chances - Automated Profile Evaluation Tool is Here!
Everything we know about GMAT ONLINE is Here!
Director
Director
G
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Fisher '19 (M$)
GPA: 3.71
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2017, 03:34
I agree with bb here! Considering your post MBA goals, the University of Notre Dame makes more sense to me. Obviously, you cannot beat UW's location and all the other fancy things associated with it, however, if you genuinely want to make a career in Finance, Mendoza should be the place. In fact, the employment statistics (31.2% in Finance/Accounting function, maximum number of students going in this area) corroborate the point completely.
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2017, 08:47
Here is a school visit report about Foster if you are curious: https://gmatclub.com/forum/directory-of ... l#p1837693

P.S. Bschool does have the new building (so I was incorrect in generalizing) but the rest of the campus is fairly dated and could use a remodel. Some common spaces are decent but nothing to write home about.

Good Luck with your choice!

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
WAMC! - What Are My Chances - Automated Profile Evaluation Tool is Here!
Everything we know about GMAT ONLINE is Here!
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2017, 11:52
I would go with Foster, better brand and a great location that is close to a bunch of major firms where you could work in an internal finance role

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Foster MBA vs Mendoza MBA   [#permalink] 26 May 2017, 11:52

Foster MBA vs Mendoza MBA

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: FinanceMan, Regenerate