Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:45 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5426 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: H-1B Visa changes – A Potential Boon for MBA Applicants [#permalink]
Rohit6 wrote:
Buddy,
I'm myself worried as well.
But I would not suggest a defer. Look all the Trump policies will be clear (hopefully) in next 6-12 months. May be they won't be implemented in this time frame but the direction and details will be clear once the authorities submit there recommendations to the administration. If you're doing a 2Y MBA, you'll start recruiting later this year which is 6-8 months ahead. Hence, I don't see how you can justify going next year vs this year. Consider deferring only if you're unsure about MBA itself or about going to US. If you're damn sure you have to do a US-MBA then just be aware of the risk, have good backup plans and move ahead (or not, as you decide)

That's my opinion and that's what I'm doing myself. I'm going for a 1Y MBA hence an even bigger risk and spending the same $$ as any1 would in 2Y.

CrackuM7 wrote:
Hi Everyone, the more I am talking to Indian students and alumni across schools in US, the more negative statements I am receiving, and everyone is suggesting to wait and watch and let go this year's admit or request for deferral.
There seems to be uncertainty and struggle for Internships and full time opportunities, and with expected developments ( from Trump) it might get worse.
What do you guys suggest.

Rohit, thanks for sharing your point of view.

In my view the value proposition of doing US MBA is two fold, one the learning during MBA and secondly the career opportunities post MBA. The cost is time, money, and the overall opportunity cost.

However, due to uncertainty​ the career opportunities is a big question mark, and repercussions of same is visible in current internship and recruiting cycle ( based on my interactions with students and alumni across school).

In 6-12 months if the policies get clear, we will have a better picture whether the job opportunities in US will be there or not, and does the huge investment / debt ($$$) makes sense or not. As the core issue is not having desired internship and recruiting opportunities, along with the debt which I cannot pay while working in India. In such a scenario the US MBA will be a downward jump, and the opportunity cost would be extremely negative.

Thus the whole point of deferment is having more clarity with respect to policies, because as per steps by trump and it's effect on ground ( based on interactions with students and alumni) there is a huge possibility that 2 years down the line I am with an US MBA and INR 1Cr. Debt and no US job to repay the debt. The increasing probability of this scenario is what frightens me.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
CrackuM7 wrote:
In such a scenario the US MBA will be a downward jump, and the opportunity cost would be extremely negative.

I would say in that case it makes sense to defer. It'll all about ur personal preferences and where you are in your life. In my case I'm ready to take the risk, no matter what. My only option was ISB which I decided to turn down for a US MBA.

PS: A bit about myself. Back in 2014 I was in a similar fix when I got offer from NUS for there MSc program. I was working in Reliance in India as a Manager, had good ratings and would have been promoted 1-2 years later. Singapore on the other hand was a risk given it's a small market and 1-year MSc program couldn't have hugely changed my profile. When I look back, everything worked well. I got a job 4 months before graduation, got decent hikes in my job, saved quite a bit of $$ and my experience eventually helped me in my MBA applications. A US MBA for us is like high-risk high-gain and it's an absolutely personal decision. I think there's no right or wrong here :-D

PM me sometime, lets discuss and share opinions :-D
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3131 [0]
Given Kudos: 893
GRE 1: Q169 V154
Send PM
I am not sure how many of you have read this.
Not a positive news coming from Wisconsin.

Source =>White House Website
Link to the entire article => https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-of ... tive-order

Trump's response to the H1visa issue/reforms ==>
Quote:
Together, we’re going to do everything in our power to make sure that more products are stamped with those wonderful words: "Made in the USA." (Applause.) In the old days, we used to use it. We don't use it so much anymore. We're going to start using it again -- Made in the USA.

For too long, we’ve watched as our factories have been closed and our jobs have been sent to other faraway lands. We've lost 70,000 factories since China joined the World Trade Organization. And you’ve seen that and you’ve heard about it -- 70,000. The World Trade Organization -- another one of our disasters. But this election, the American people voted to end the theft of American prosperity. They voted to bring back their jobs -- and to bring back their dreams into our country.

That’s why I’m here today. In just a few moments, I will be signing a Buy American and Hire American executive order. You haven't heard about that in a long time in this country. With this action, we are sending a powerful signal to the world: We’re going to defend our workers, protect our jobs, and finally put America first. (Applause.) I see all the "Make America Great Again" hats, so it's a good crowd. Those are good hats.

Through the years, Snap-On tools have been at the center of our industrial life. Your tools have fixed the cars our families depend on. They’ve sailed with the fleets that patrol the oceans. They’ve fixed the planes that cross our skies. And Snap-On tools have reached the heights of space, used by astronauts in orbit to carry out their very, very important work. And I don’t know if you noticed, recently I signed a very big order: We're going to spend again on the NASA space program, and that's something we need, and we also need it psychologically. (Applause.) But it's going to be very exciting.

For decades, this company has served the needs of American workers. It’s time we had a federal government that does the same. The “Buy and Hire American” order I'm about to sign will help protect workers and students like those of you in the audience today. This historic action declares that the policy of our government is to aggressively promote and use American-made goods and to ensure that American labor is hired to do the job. It's America first, you better believe it. (Applause.) It's time. It's time, right? It's time.

First, we will fully monitor, uphold and enforce our Buy American laws -- which we haven’t done. Buy American laws require that when the federal government buys, builds or funds a project, domestic goods and products should be used. But over the years, these Buy American standards have been gutted by excessive waivers and reckless exemptions. The result has been countless jobs and countless contracts that have been lost to cheap, subsidized, and low-quality foreign goods.

With this order, I am directing every single agency in our government to strictly uphold our Buy American laws, to minimize the use of waivers, and to maximize Made in America content in all federal projects. (Applause.) It's time. And for the first time ever, we are going to crack down on foreign bidders that used dumped steel and other subsidized goods to take contracts from workers like you. They take them away, and they've been doing it for a long time. Not going to happy anymore. (Applause.)

We are finally standing up for our workers and for our companies. In short, this order declares that American projects should be made with American goods. No longer are we going to allow foreign countries to cheat our producers and our workers out of federal contracts. Everyone in my administration will be expected to enforce every last Buy American provision on behalf of the American worker, and we are going to investigate every single trade deal that undermines these provisions.

Secondly, we are going to enforce the Hire American rules that are designed to protect jobs and wages of workers in the United States. We believe jobs must be offered to American workers first. Does that make sense? (Applause.) Right now, widespread abuse in our immigration system is allowing American workers of all backgrounds to be replaced by workers brought in from other countries to fill the same job for sometimes less pay. This will stop. American workers have long called for reforms to end these visa abuses. And today, their calls are being answered for the first time. That includes taking the first steps to set in motion a long-overdue reform of H1B visas.

Right now, H1B visas are awarded in a totally random lottery -- and that's wrong. Instead, they should be given to the most-skilled and highest-paid applicants, and they should never, ever be used to replace Americans. No one can compete with American workers when they're given a fair and level playing field, which has not happened for decades.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
stonecold wrote:
I am not sure how many of you have read this.
Not a positive news coming from Wisconsin.

Source =>White House Website
Link to the entire article => https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-of ... tive-order

Trump's response to the H1visa issue/reforms ==>
Quote:
Together, we’re going to do everything in our power to make sure that more products are stamped with those wonderful words: "Made in the USA." (Applause.) In the old days, we used to use it. We don't use it so much anymore. We're going to start using it again -- Made in the USA.

For too long, we’ve watched as our factories have been closed and our jobs have been sent to other faraway lands. We've lost 70,000 factories since China joined the World Trade Organization. And you’ve seen that and you’ve heard about it -- 70,000. The World Trade Organization -- another one of our disasters. But this election, the American people voted to end the theft of American prosperity. They voted to bring back their jobs -- and to bring back their dreams into our country.

That’s why I’m here today. In just a few moments, I will be signing a Buy American and Hire American executive order. You haven't heard about that in a long time in this country. With this action, we are sending a powerful signal to the world: We’re going to defend our workers, protect our jobs, and finally put America first. (Applause.) I see all the "Make America Great Again" hats, so it's a good crowd. Those are good hats.

Through the years, Snap-On tools have been at the center of our industrial life. Your tools have fixed the cars our families depend on. They’ve sailed with the fleets that patrol the oceans. They’ve fixed the planes that cross our skies. And Snap-On tools have reached the heights of space, used by astronauts in orbit to carry out their very, very important work. And I don’t know if you noticed, recently I signed a very big order: We're going to spend again on the NASA space program, and that's something we need, and we also need it psychologically. (Applause.) But it's going to be very exciting.

For decades, this company has served the needs of American workers. It’s time we had a federal government that does the same. The “Buy and Hire American” order I'm about to sign will help protect workers and students like those of you in the audience today. This historic action declares that the policy of our government is to aggressively promote and use American-made goods and to ensure that American labor is hired to do the job. It's America first, you better believe it. (Applause.) It's time. It's time, right? It's time.

First, we will fully monitor, uphold and enforce our Buy American laws -- which we haven’t done. Buy American laws require that when the federal government buys, builds or funds a project, domestic goods and products should be used. But over the years, these Buy American standards have been gutted by excessive waivers and reckless exemptions. The result has been countless jobs and countless contracts that have been lost to cheap, subsidized, and low-quality foreign goods.

With this order, I am directing every single agency in our government to strictly uphold our Buy American laws, to minimize the use of waivers, and to maximize Made in America content in all federal projects. (Applause.) It's time. And for the first time ever, we are going to crack down on foreign bidders that used dumped steel and other subsidized goods to take contracts from workers like you. They take them away, and they've been doing it for a long time. Not going to happy anymore. (Applause.)

We are finally standing up for our workers and for our companies. In short, this order declares that American projects should be made with American goods. No longer are we going to allow foreign countries to cheat our producers and our workers out of federal contracts. Everyone in my administration will be expected to enforce every last Buy American provision on behalf of the American worker, and we are going to investigate every single trade deal that undermines these provisions.

Secondly, we are going to enforce the Hire American rules that are designed to protect jobs and wages of workers in the United States. We believe jobs must be offered to American workers first. Does that make sense? (Applause.) Right now, widespread abuse in our immigration system is allowing American workers of all backgrounds to be replaced by workers brought in from other countries to fill the same job for sometimes less pay. This will stop. American workers have long called for reforms to end these visa abuses. And today, their calls are being answered for the first time. That includes taking the first steps to set in motion a long-overdue reform of H1B visas.

Right now, H1B visas are awarded in a totally random lottery -- and that's wrong. Instead, they should be given to the most-skilled and highest-paid applicants, and they should never, ever be used to replace Americans. No one can compete with American workers when they're given a fair and level playing field, which has not happened for decades.

Stonecold thanks for the link..And this Tuesday action is one of the reason of seeking advice from everyone... The words and tone seems the things are going to be even worse, and this is the reason I am unable to understand whether I should defer and wait and watch, or take the plunge.
I am even hearing from international students in schools ranked 5-10 facing difficulty in getting jobs ( typically for the industries which recruit in March and April).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Rohit6 wrote:
CrackuM7 wrote:
In such a scenario the US MBA will be a downward jump, and the opportunity cost would be extremely negative.

I would say in that case it makes sense to defer. It'll all about ur personal preferences and where you are in your life. In my case I'm ready to take the risk, no matter what. My only option was ISB which I decided to turn down for a US MBA.

PS: A bit about myself. Back in 2014 I was in a similar fix when I got offer from NUS for there MSc program. I was working in Reliance in India as a Manager, had good ratings and would have been promoted 1-2 years later. Singapore on the other hand was a risk given it's a small market and 1-year MSc program couldn't have hugely changed my profile. When I look back, everything worked well. I got a job 4 months before graduation, got decent hikes in my job, saved quite a bit of $$ and my experience eventually helped me in my MBA applications. A US MBA for us is like high-risk high-gain and it's an absolutely personal decision. I think there's no right or wrong here :-D

PM me sometime, lets discuss and share opinions :-D

Rohit, as you rightly said it's basically the evaluation of opportunity cost and risk appetite. I am still at crossroads and unable to make up my mind on either direction.
Let's take this discussion further through PM, and best of luck for Kellogg 1 Yr.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 613 [0]
Given Kudos: 111
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
So, Summary thus far ->

2 Bills Presented to amend H1B process
-> Both recommend removing special visas for master degree. Problematic for MBA Grads
-> Both recommend increasing the minimum wage for H1b exempt filing Visas. One says to increase to roughly $130K and other one to $100k.
==> Bill with minimum wage of $100k problematic as the recommendation is for everybody applying.
==> The one with $130k recommends so for only IT Workers. (as per the OP. I haven't checked personally)
-> As per current norms, International Students HAVE to get employed by March 1 to apply for H1B. (Something doesn't fit rightly here)
-> Save for students at a few selected schools, companies are reluctant to hire international students everywhere.
-> Trump signed an executive order for H1B. Though it doesn't hurt an honest H1B applicant, it does mean that applications may get scrutinized more strictly and immigration offices at airports may become a more troublesome.
-> "Buy American. Hire American". I don't know about you but this "Hire American" slogan gave me a little chill when I read it. A sentiment like this rose in Australia about 10 years ago and a lot of Indians faced racial attacks in the months that followed.

Long Story short, I have decided to deffer my enrollment at WashU's Olin and while I wait, I'll take another shot at GMAT.

P.S. In that speech posted above, I saw hints of Trump thinking about removing the exempt filing route for H1Bs, a gravely problematic step for every international applicant to American universities.
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [1]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Kudos
umg wrote:

P.S. In that speech posted above, I saw hints of Trump thinking about removing the exempt filing route for H1Bs, a gravely problematic step for every international applicant to American universities.

Can you elaborate about what you mentioned exempt filing route for H1Bs and why is it problem?

Thanks
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 613 [0]
Send PM
Mo2men wrote:
umg wrote:

Can you elaborate about what you mentioned exempt filing route for H1Bs and why is it problem?

Thanks

You can check out the exempt filing for H1B in the First Post of this thread by Payal in Section 2.2. My intuition is because of the highlighted part in stonecold post above.
Alum
Send PM
H-1B Visa changes – A Potential Boon for MBA Applicants [#permalink]
A quote from a MS student in the US=>

Current scenario in US:
You must be hearing daily news for H1B, OPT extension or hate crimes is US that makes you think twice about your decision to pursue MS in US. As I said rather than qualifications your visa status matters & that is the fact that US has lottery based system not merit based system. Right now the problem is that no decision over H1B is being made. Daily new bills, some executive order are being introduced, so its reality that most employers are on hiring freeze for us as they simply don’t know what will happen further, decision would be in the favor or not. The week after I landed in US, the stem extension was cancelled in August 2015, but again made it again for 24 months after few months. So it’s totally depends. Currently you have to live under daily uncertainty until anything permanent get passed.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
I had been planning to apply for the 2018 intake. Scored well on the GMAT too. Reading this thread, I'm nervous whether I should apply to the US schools in the coming application season.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GPA: 3.1
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Send PM
Many admissions consultants are fearing the loss of Indian clients. This is due to the fact that not many Indian students will apply in this cycle atleast, i.e 2018 intake. And rightly so. We can expect the intakes of non US schools to be affected by this decision of trump administration.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Alum
Send PM
drrohit wrote:
Many admissions consultants are fearing the loss of Indian clients. This is due to the fact that not many Indian students will apply in this cycle atleast, i.e 2018 intake. And rightly so. We can expect the intakes of non US schools to be affected by this decision of trump administration.

I agree.
There year not many students will apply.
Many (a huge chunk) have shifted their focus to Canadian MBA programs + a few other elites.

Earlier we only one question in mind when applying to a US B-school => Will I get accepted.
Now we have to deal with 2 questions =>
A) Will I get accepted.
B)If I get accepted to a US-school should I join ?

And that is when a Major issue sets in.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
stonecold wrote:
drrohit wrote:

I agree.
Many (a huge chunk) have shifted their focus to Canadian MBA programs + a few other elites.

Earlier we only one question in mind when applying to a US B-school => Will I get accepted.
A) Will I get accepted.

Actually, this H1B fiasco is a great opportunity for English Schools to catch up. Post Brexit, they will want to consolidate their position and attract talent to their schools.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 613 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
drrohit wrote:
stonecold wrote:
drrohit wrote:

I agree.

A) Will I get accepted.

Actually, this H1B fiasco is a great opportunity for English Schools to catch up. Post Brexit, they will want to consolidate their position and attract talent to their schools.

I don't think Schools in UK are any better in this regards. As far as I've heard, non-Europeans have to leave that country within a month post graduation, even if they have a job offer/ sponsor, and apply for a work visa, whichever it is, from their home country. Please note that I am not too sure of this requirement as the source of my information is not too reliable.
Alum
Send PM
Reposting an article from today ==>

Washington: Top seven India-based outsourcing companies in the US received fewer H1B visas in 2016 as compared to 2015, and as a group their numbers dropped 37%, according to a new report.

The companies experienced a drop of 5,436 approved petitions (37%) in 2016 as compared to previous year, a report by the National Foundation for American Policy—a Washington-based non-profit think-tank said. It said, the 9,356 new H1B petitions for the top seven Indian-based companies approved in fiscal 2016 represent only 0.006% of the US labour force.

“While the threat of job loss has long been exaggerated by critics, it reaches illogical proportions when discussing fewer than 10,000 workers in an economy that employs 160 million workers nationwide,” the National Foundation for American Policy said in a statement after releasing the report. According to the report, the number of approved new H1B petitions for Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS) declined by 56% from FY15 to FY16, from 4,674 to 2,040, a drop of 2,634.

For Wipro, the petitions declined by 52% between FY15 and FY16, a drop of 1,605, going from 3,079 to 1,474 approved petitions for initial employment during those years. For Infosys, it declined by 16% (or 454 petitions), with 2,376 approved H1B petitions for initial employment in FY16, compared to 2,830 in FY15, said the report, which based its research from government data.

“The drop in new H-1B visas for Indian-based companies, which is expected to continue when data are released on cases filed in April 2017 for FY 2018 start dates, is due to industry trends toward digital services such as cloud computing and artificial intelligence, which require fewer workers, and a choice by companies to rely less on visas and to build up their domestic workforces in the US,” the report said. “H-1B petitions approved for initial employment in FY 2016 were filed by employers in April 2016, which means the drop in H-B visa use by these companies is not due to Donald Trump’s election.

“In the past, US policymakers have used the number of visas going to Indian-based companies as a political or policy reason to propose new immigration restrictions and to not raise the low annual supply of H-1B visas, which has been exhausted every year for the past 15 fiscal years,” said NFAP executive director Stuart Anderson, former head of policy at the Immigration and Naturalisation Service under president George W Bush.

Among the top companies with new H1B petitions approved in 2016 were Cognizant (3,949), Infosys (2,376), TCS (2,040), Accenture (1,889), IBM (1,608), Wipro (1,474), Amazon (1,416), Tech Mahindra (1,228), CapGemini (1,164), Microsoft (1,145), HCL America (1,041), Intel (1,030), Deloitte (985), Google (924), Larsen & Toubro (870), PricewaterhouseCoopers (713), Ernst & Young (649), Apple (631), Syntel (583), Facebook (472), Oracle (427), Cisco (380), Mindtree (327), Goldman Sachs (287), UST Global (283), JPMorganChase (271), IGATE (255), Stanford (221), Yahoo! (206) and KPMG (198).

An analysis of US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) data on FY16 H1B petitions shows, similar to FY15, approximately 25,000 different US employers hired at least one high-skilled foreign national on a new H1B petition in 2016. Employers in manufacturing include Tesla Motors with 108 approved new H1B petitions and Cummins with 197.

Uber had 121 approved H1B petitions in FY16, eBay 115, and the Mayo Clinic 111. National Foundation for American Policy said the April 2017 unemployment rate in the US for “computer and mathematical science” occupations was 2.5%—a very low rate, even lower than the 4.4% for “all occupations,” according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics data.

The unemployment rate for “architecture and engineering” occupations is even lower at 2.1%, it said, adding this illustrates a disconnect between reality and claims that high-skilled foreign nationals are preventing US workers from pursuing careers in tech fields.

According to Code.org, Bureau of Labor Statistics data indicate there will be “1.4 million more software development jobs than applicants who can fill them by 2020…and there are more than 500,000 open computing jobs nationwide.” An analysis by Glassdoor shows 9 of the 10 highest paying majors for US students 5 years out of college are in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) fields, the report said.

The report disputed the figures of the Trump Administration that about 80% of the H1B workers are paid less than the median wage in their fields. “This statistic is misleading as it relies on a Department of Labor database that includes multiple applications for the same individuals, since a new filing is generally required when an H-1B professional moves to a new area,” the report said.

“That means it “double or triple counts anyone who works in more than one geographic location (primarily younger workers sent to multiple offices).” Moreover, it may not reflect what employers actually pay individual workers, only the minimum required to be listed for government filing purposes. The median salary in 2015 for H1B computer-related recipients who have worked about three years (listed as “continuing employment” in DHS data) was about USD7,000 higher than the median salary in the industry,” the report said.

The foundation argued that H1B temporary visas are important as they are typically the only practical way a high-skilled foreign national working abroad or an international student educated in the United States can work longterm in America.

At US universities, 77% of the full-time graduate students in electrical engineering and 71% in computer science are international students. Reforms to increase the labour mobility of H1B visas, raise the employment-based green card quota and eliminate the per country limit would be welcome but are not currently on the agenda.

New restrictions on high-skilled immigration are more likely, it said. “In today’s global economy, companies and high-skilled professionals possess many options,” said Anderson. “The United States should maintain an openness toward high-skilled immigration or those options likely will not be in America,” he added. PTI
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
One of my friend's wife has just completed her MS in Computer Science from UT Dallas. It has been a month since she graduated but is still unemployed. Earlier in her last semester she did receive some interview calls from big companies like Google, Amazon etc. which she couldnt convert. However that was before all this Visa issue began and she told that now she is not even getting interview calls. The worst trend is among the startups who have almost freezed recruitment of International applicants. She has a loan of Rs 30 lakhs and is quite distressed. If STEM courses students are facing such problems then I worry what future there would be for MBA applicants. :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ab_gmat wrote:
One of my friend's wife has just completed her MS in Computer Science from UT Dallas. It has been a month since she graduated but is still unemployed. Earlier in her last semester she did receive some interview calls from big companies like Google, Amazon etc. which she couldnt convert. However that was before all this Visa issue began and she told that now she is not even getting interview calls. The worst trend is among the startups who have almost freezed recruitment of International applicants. She has a loan of Rs 30 lakhs and is quite distressed. If STEM courses students are facing such problems then I worry what future there would be for MBA applicants. :(

This is a very predictable outcome. If I was Google or Amazon, I would not want to commit hiring a proportion of workforce who might have visa issues. Rather I would prefer to wait till I have a right person and offer him/her a job. The operations at these enterprises can be sustained with current workforce. However, it's the expansion which might get affect due to lack of new hiring. Same Is the case with MBAs.
The real scene will be seen in 2018, When 2016 batch will graduate and whether they will find good jobs or not, remains to be seen.

Posted from my mobile device

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5