GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Nov 2018, 01:24

INSEAD R1 Results This Week!

First Decision Reported on Decision Tracker  |  Join INSEAD Chat to Calm Your Nerves & Catch the Latest Action

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

H-1B Visa changes – A Potential Boon for MBA Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GPA: 4
CAT Tests
Re: H-1B Visa changes – A Potential Boon for MBA Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2018, 06:25
Found something of interest:

“We had three students who were ready to enter the class struggle with visas this year,” says Mabley at McCombs. “One ultimately came through but two didn’t and had to delay their plans to attend the program. This is the first time we ever had students denied visas to come to school.”
Mccombs is a top 30 MBA program. Not good!

“Trump is scaring off internationals from considering an MBA in the U.S.,” says Jeremy Shinewald, founder and CEO of mbaMission
And for good reason, I'd say.

Here, read on.. https://poetsandquants.com/2018/08/29/m ... ng-plunge/

No doubt the mba applications have plunged!
Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2018, 06:58
Yeah-Thanks for sharing-No longer makes sense applying to US programs I think given it is a matter of 250K USD and not some small change.
Manager
Manager
B
WE: Brand Management (Retail)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2018, 07:04
What do you guys think about Trump? I think that he's doing is right and logical for US citizens. Would love to know what other people think!

Sent from my XT1033 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
CAT Tests
H-1B Visa changes – A Potential Boon for MBA Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2018, 08:07
GoodGuy wrote:
What do you guys think about Trump? I think that he's doing is right and logical for US citizens. Would love to know what other people think!

Sent from my XT1033 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

I follow US politics a lot closer than Indian politics, and I think Trump cares about his own agenda, which reflects in his policies. This helps out some Americans, doesn't help others.
What's more important to understand is that he does what he thinks his voters want him to do, that is stricter immigration policies. Forget immigration, there have been cases where naturalized citizens are being "denaturalized" because of silly traffic violations.

Anyways, I don't think we are allowed to talk politics in this thread so won't continue my rant any longer. What's important is that the USA, as a country, has officially decided to make life difficult for immigrants, while it's neighbor is "officially" announcing it's open culture and welcoming immigrants. If an "Oxford + Stanford" combo can be denied visa 6 months after it was approved - it's too big a risk for a middle-class average student/immigrant to rely on the whims of the immigration officers. I know where I want to build my life!

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/23/opin ... rump-.html

__________EDIT_____________
To add to this, I've heard rumours that quite a few top notch organizations are moving their future businesses to Canada due to the immigration friendly culture.
The source of the rumor is my own connections in various organizations like Intel and Cisco, nothing official but where there's smoke there's fire.

Also, even if you get an H1b - good luck changing projects or visiting clients -

"the Trump administration had already made working on third-party sites more complicated. A Feb. 22 memo from the USCIS announced that H-1B beneficiaries—both existing and new ones—working at third-party sites had to provide “specific and non-speculative qualifying assignments… for the entire time requested on the petition.” This makes it almost impossible for workers to remain on the bench, or move between short-term projects at short notice."
GMAT Club Bot
H-1B Visa changes – A Potential Boon for MBA Applicants &nbs [#permalink] 15 Sep 2018, 08:07

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   [ 84 posts ] 

H-1B Visa changes – A Potential Boon for MBA Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap