GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Sep 2018, 14:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

From 470 to 720 I rise like a Phoenix - Its all about self belief!!!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
From 470 to 720 I rise like a Phoenix - Its all about self belief!!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 07 Jan 2015, 01:33
From 470 to 720 How I rise like a Phoenix -

This looks like another inspirational story, but behind this inspiration is lot of hardwork and making correct choices.

In my last attempt I scored V16 & Q50. I was devastated because I felt that GMAT is an easy exam.

I didn't knew what to do. I read a DE-brief on GMATCLUB and was motivated to buy e-gmat online Live courses. Though by that time I didn't knew that I will get a life changing event. e-gmat completely changed my outlook towards Verbal, before that I never Knew that GRAMMAR is so simple. Sentence correction is the easiest section, which most asians fears just like me when I didn't had e-gmat.

After that I restarted practicing OG Questions and sentence correction became my greatest strength.

My Background-
I am still in year 3 of my four year Bachelors of engineering in India, Computer Engineering. I wanted to go for PHD in Harvard or Wharton in business.

I am not satisfied with 720. I will re-appear in the month of April 2015. My target is 750+.

Crucial Factor for my win-win outcome-

e-gmat
Magoosh
Closed Google Group for fellow e-gmatians. I was the founder of this group. People are quite supportive in this group. One guy has recently scored 790 in this group and there are other two guys who have scored 760. This is an amazing group with so many success stories. There are many 700's scorer in this closed group, which is very active and poised.

All those who wants to join this group can send me a PM or directly apply for membership here-

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/gmatwarriors

Resources For Quantitative
Official Guide 13
Gmat prep Question Pack 1
Gmat Club Tests in Quizzes Form - There are 1000 Quantitative questions. I solved them 3 times at-least.
Manhattan 6 Tests
800score.com Tests
Kaplan advanced quantitative.

Resources for Verbal:
Official Guide 13
Official Guide Verbal Second Edition
Gmat Question Pack 1
Gmat Examination Pack 1
Magoosh Verbal.
e-gmat articles are very good and do read them.
e-gmat.com Live Preparation.
e-gmat is to sentence correction what N.C.E.R.T. texts are to mathematics in India.

Richa Champion | My GMAT Journey - 470 720 740

Target 760+

Not Improving after Multiple attempts. I can guide You.
Contact me richacrunch2@gmail.com

Originally posted by RichaChampion on 29 Dec 2014, 10:01.
Last edited by RichaChampion on 07 Jan 2015, 01:33, edited 4 times in total.
Magoosh Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V41
GMAT 3: 790 Q51 V49
GPA: 3.3
Re: From 470 to 720 I rise like a Phoenix - Its all about self belief!!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2014, 10:05
Incredible. This takes lots of guts and self belief. I am sure you will do great in Life. Kudos CrunchBoss!

Like my post Send me a Kudos :) It is a Good manner.
My Debrief: http://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-score-750-and-750-i-moved-from-710-to-189016.html

Director
Director
B
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: From 470 to 720 I rise like a Phoenix - Its all about self belief!!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2014, 10:30
Congrats Richa for the phenomenal improvement !!

Thanks,
Kinjal
My Debrief : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267.html#p1449379
My Application Experience : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267-40.html#p1516961
Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/kinjal-das/

Please click on Kudos, if you think the post is helpful

Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
Schools: Boston U '19 (D)
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V33
GPA: 3
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 30 Dec 2014, 06:26
Incredible and Congrats...

Best wishes for your future endeavors...... :)

Hard-work, Perseverance and Commitment.....

Originally posted by dinesh86 on 30 Dec 2014, 05:18.
Last edited by dinesh86 on 30 Dec 2014, 06:26, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2014, 06:05
Fantastic achievement. Congratulations on your improvement and succes.
Thanks for sharing your experience. It was very inspiring.

Center specialized in the preparation of the GMAT, GRE, TOEFL, IELTS, and MBA Admission Coaching in Barcelona, Spain.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2014, 06:05
Fantastic achievement. Congratulations on your improvement and succes.
Thanks for sharing your experience. It was very inspiring.

Center specialized in the preparation of the GMAT, GRE, TOEFL, IELTS, and MBA Admission Coaching in Barcelona, Spain.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GPA: 3.22
WE: Advertising (Advertising and PR)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2015, 01:09
This is truly inspiring. Way to go and wishing you luck as you strive for your GMAT goal.

“If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.” - Toni Morrison

Intern
Intern
Saranraj : Santhanam
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2015, 18:33
Wow. This is Great. Congratulations on your score. I wish all the very best for your future endeavors.
Intern
Intern
Schools: HEC '15, CUHK '16

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2015, 21:43
First of all congoz....Btw how many days it took for this vast improvement???
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2015, 06:40
Congrats Richa. I am going this group. I have applied for membership. Can you please tell me which course of egmat and which course of magoosh did you follow? I would really appreciate your reply.

Once again great job.
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Technology, Social Entrepreneurship
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2015, 21:14
Hi,
I would like to join the Google GMAT group. I used the link provided by you but did not see any GMAT preparation specific group. Plz guide to join the group.

Thanks

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2018, 05:51
Thank you for sharing you debrief. It is inspiring indeed.

Also, thank you for sharing links to helpful resources and the link for the google group. I have applied for membership to the group. Is the group still active?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: From 470 to 720 I rise like a Phoenix - Its all about self belief!!!! &nbs [#permalink] 03 Sep 2018, 05:51

From 470 to 720 I rise like a Phoenix - Its all about self belief!!!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: chetan2u, EMPOWERgmatRichC, bb

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR SEPTEMBER
e-GMAT: Free 30 day Access! 25+ Video Lessons | 400+ Practice Questions | 7 Free Webinars
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL - Try it for free Online, personalized course | Unlimited tutor support | Special GMAT Club discount | GMAT Club tests included
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap