Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:30 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.88
WE:Engineering (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
GRE 1: Q157 V168
GPA: 3.62
WE:Account Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Full ride for out of state Applicant [#permalink]
I am an incoming student so I have nothing other than anecdotal experiences, but yes work experience seems to be a huge factor in both acceptances and scholarship awards. I got a 75% scholarship and met quite a few other scholarship recipients and everyone had strong test scores, GPAs, and pretty remarkable work experience. Beyond that though it's really hard to say what determines scholarship awards. I can say everyone I met had a pretty compelling reason for why UNC and what they would bring to the community. I hope that helps
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Expert Reply
sfleming353 wrote:
Would a 3.1 GPA in undergrad and 730 in GMAT be enough for a Full ride at Kenan-Flagler?

As a former adcom for Kenan-Flagler I think I can help give some context here. First of all, congrats on your solid GMAT score. But there is no way anyone can give a full assessment on just a GMAT and GPA. I would need to know a few more things like what pool you are from- are you a citizen of another country? which one? what is your work experience? Are your goals post MBA consistent with your current work experience? All these things matter. But since I just have numbers I will give you some context. Full rides go to people that the business school (any b school and not just Kenan-Flagler) see as the top of the applicant pool. UNC Kenan-Flagler's avg gpa hovers around 3.4 and the avg GMAT a bit over 700. So while you are over on GMAT, you are under on GPA. The school will take a hit on the GPA to admit you so that means you are not at the top of the applicant pool there. The people who get full rides are at the top of all the key measures which include gmat and gpa but also quality of work experience. And then if you are in a pool that Kenan-Flagler is trying to increase - say women or URM then you might get a closer look but I don't see this profile as being full ride worthy. Of course- again- more info is needed and no school makes a decision in a vacuum nor is it one person who decides. But if you like Kenan-Flagler I suggest you do your homework and talk to students and understand how you can add value. If you do that you will present as a stronger candidate and that helps you overall. There are also lots of awards that are not full rides but 50% or 25% or less. Every bit helps and what I would also pay attention to is where do I want to go and can Kenan-Flagler get you there. If you want to have a free consult where we can put our Kenan-Flagler experts on the case to help you, reach out here: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived UNC Kenan-Flagler Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our UNC Kenan-Flagler Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated UNC Kenan-Flagler Forum for all fresh things related to the UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts