GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Jun 2019, 13:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT 710 TO 750

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 710 TO 750  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2019, 20:14
Hi All

I am a mid career ,non native professional and wanted to write a thank you note for the immense help this forum has provided in achieving this score.

Be it GMAT Ninja , Bunnel , Ron , whose advise has helped me understand the bends in the GMAT questions

Just wanted to highlight the areas of improvement and roles played by different actions in my journey

1. 710 - GMAT 1st attempt , Quant Q49 , V38 . August 2018

I started out usual route GMAT guides ( not much of a challenge- except SC) , Kaplan ,Manhattan and Veritas Strategy guides are good guides overall but you need to put your shoulder to the grind to rise ,only reading wont help

I scored somewhere around Q49 in GMATCLUB Free tests and V33/V34 . When i took advise for non natives and joined E-GMAT after reading so much about it. It is good to clear out your basics in SC and will help in making the leap from V33/34 to V38/40. Point to note - I was good in RC ,CR .
Also, great value add with E GMAT was the Quant tests from GMAT CLub - Outstanding material

Took the Official GMAT Mocks and scored 710/720 respectively Q49, V38.

2. Next attempt - October 2018 GMAT 730

Did some diagnoses and figured out the challenge was did not have time to solve all the questions in Quant , Verbal. Lack of speed is reflection of lack of capability w.r.t practice .

1. Undertake more Quant deep dive - Bunnel collections ( very in depth different types of questions )
2. In verbal , CR had perfomed weak in the earlier tests , although i thought i was great after doing questions from Official guides. Went into deep dive mode with 700-800 club set and implemented approaches from Powerscore by answering the question , and rephrasing in my mind what i was looking for in the question . Its a question of practice to tune the mind for looking for those patterns
3. SC - Learnt all the rules again , gaining solid hold on grammar

You need roughly 80% accuracy on the exam to reach the highest levels i.e questions which can go wrong in the range of 4 to 6 for quant and a 6 to 8 for Verbal

3. Final Attempt - 750 , January 2019

1. Not much different from earlier time , only focus was gaining SC competence in understanding meaning . Meaning / Structure is key to breach higher performance levels not only in
SC but also in other areas. You have to reach optimal performance where you are not rushing but racing - knowing what you are doing

Thanks for everybody who have been of help

Yogesh
Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT 710 TO 750  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2019, 20:52
Thank you for sharing debrief. People like you keep us motivated during our preparation.

Posted from my mobile device
G
GPA: 3.95
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2019, 08:25
Congratulations Yogesh! 750 is an amazing score.

By the way, what were your individual sectional scores in the Quant and Verbal sections on your final attempt (750)?
P
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 06:55
Well done on the score. Your perseverance paid off nicely!
Did you sign up for Ron's coaching?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT 710 TO 750   [#permalink] 16 Jan 2019, 06:55

GMAT 710 TO 750

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics