Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:27 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [2]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Stern School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 539 [2]
Given Kudos: 219
Concentration: General Management, Technology
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 3964 [2]
Given Kudos: 160
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1433 [1]
Given Kudos: 582
Send PM
Re: GMAT Club tests [#permalink]
Kudos
billionaire999 wrote:
Hello,

I needed guidance about GMAT Club mock tests.

Are these mocks a Computer Adaptive Test or is it just a sheet of answers?

I also wonder which mocks should I opt for, GMAT Club or Veritas.
Which of the above has the most accurate representation of the actual GMAT

Both of them are good and Computer Adaptive Tests, and gmat club tests are famous for more challenging quant questions. Official CATs represent the actual GMAT test, whereas others are instrumental.
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6857 [2]
Given Kudos: 500
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hello, billionaire999. I concur with what has been written above. GMAT Club Quant quizzes and CATs are well known for their difficulty, often proving harder for most test-takers than the real exam, but hitting all the right notes. That is, the questions are written in a way that you feel they could pop up as such on the GMAT™. The Verbal side is somewhat less helpful. Some questions are wonderful, while others have flaws or are written in a way that proves distracting to someone familiar with official questions. To be clear, Veritas Prep questions are also often regarded as a little more difficult than actual GMAT™ questions, and they, too, have their own feel to them. The Verbal questions might be rated a bit higher than those from GMAT Club tests, but Quant a bit lower. Honestly, nothing beats official questions and mocks, but if you want extra practice, I think either option you have outlined is fine.

Good luck with your studies.

- Andrew
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Generally speaking, Official Mocks 1-6 > Every other Mock
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
AndrewN wrote:
Hello, billionaire999. I concur with what has been written above. GMAT Club Quant quizzes and CATs are well known for their difficulty, often proving harder for most test-takers than the real exam, but hitting all the right notes. That is, the questions are written in a way that you feel they could pop up as such on the GMAT™. The Verbal side is somewhat less helpful. Some questions are wonderful, while others have flaws or are written in a way that proves distracting to someone familiar with official questions. To be clear, Veritas Prep questions are also often regarded as a little more difficult than actual GMAT™ questions, and they, too, have their own feel to them. The Verbal questions might be rated a bit higher than those from GMAT Club tests, but Quant a bit lower. Honestly, nothing beats official questions and mocks, but if you want extra practice, I think either option you have outlined is fine.

Good luck with your studies.

- Andrew

Hi, as seen in the thread, another user has suggested OG mocks.
If I aim to give 10 mocks in total, which 2 mocks should I purchase. Also any thoughts on the Manhattan mocks.?
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1800 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
billionaire999 wrote:
Hello,

I needed guidance about GMAT Club mock tests.

Are these mocks a Computer Adaptive Test or is it just a sheet of answers?

I also wonder which mocks should I opt for, GMAT Club or Veritas.
Which of the above has the most accurate representation of the actual GMAT

Hi billionaire999,

Did you exhaust the official mocks?
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6857 [0]
Given Kudos: 500
Expert Reply
billionaire999 wrote:
Hi, as seen in the thread, another user has suggested OG mocks.
If I aim to give 10 mocks in total, which 2 mocks should I purchase. Also any thoughts on the Manhattan mocks.?

If by "OG mocks," you mean the six official practice tests, then yes, buy them. Nothing beats official material, and you will grow accustomed to the scoring by the time you have taken all six. Regarding Manhattan Prep mocks, those, too, like those from Veritas Prep that I commented on earlier, tend to run a little harder than the real test, and the Quant questions may not run in the same vein as official ones at higher levels of difficulty. This is not to say that either set of mocks would be a poor choice of supplemental material, just that anything produced by a third party pales in comparison to the real thing.

I hope that helps. If I were you, I would just start with the official practice tests. No need to overwhelm yourself with a dozen new tests all at once.

- Andrew
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.69
Send PM
At what stage in prep and when should one decide to opt for GC test? I’m in my practice phase and have read theory from TTP and solved some examples from there and few practice tests (not all) so when should I go for GC test?

Posted from my mobile device
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22047 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
ag153 wrote:
At what stage in prep and when should one decide to opt for GC test? I’m in my practice phase and have read theory from TTP and solved some examples from there and few practice tests (not all) so when should I go for GC test?

You are completely done with the learning phase of TTP?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.69
Send PM
I mean yes - read all the theory at least if that is what you mean.

ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
ag153 wrote:

GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1800 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
ag153 wrote:

Hi ag153

I would recommend you to follow a 3 step approach.

1. Learn all the concepts thoroughly.

2. A key focus on methodologies. Do not skip straight to practicing questions as this will not help you learn a lot and, will not help with retention either. Instead, learn the most effective methodology to solve a particular question type. For example, a meaning based approach for SC. Also, go through solutions step-by-step to maximize your learning effectively.

3. Finally, start practicing questions. A good benchmark to know that you're ready is 80-90% accuracy at all difficulty levels.

Feel free to reach out in case of any queries!
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22047 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
ag153 wrote:
I mean yes - read all the theory at least if that is what you mean.

ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
ag153 wrote:

I mean chapter tests as well. Can you paste in a screenshot of your TTP analytics page?
GMAT Club Bot