Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:43 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34 (Online)
WE:Project Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V49
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34 (Online)
WE:Project Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Does anyone know whether physical whiteboard is allowed for the GMAT online?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
karanbce wrote:
Chandrahaskrishna wrote:
karanbce wrote:
Hi guys, I have an online gmat in 2 days, was wondering if you are allowed to keep water on your desk and have it during the test (without asking the proctor)?

Also, are you allowed to keep eatables (like chocolates) in the room to have it during the 5 minute break? I could not find this explicitly written anywhere, so any info will be very helpful. Thanks

Hey...
First up, all the best for your exam...
To address your concern, you’re allowed to have a water bottle (transparent). However, I’m unsure whether you can have any chocolates or anything of such sort.. You can have them handy, just in case, and may ask the proctor if you’d want to have any, during the break...
Regards

Posted from my mobile device

Thanks so much Chandrahakrishna. I will do that.

Meanwhile if anyone else has any info on having eatables during the 5 min break, do please share .

Keep the eatables at a distance. You can take permission from the proctor to leave the desk during the break and after that you can do anything you want for 5 mins. You can even leave the room, no issues.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
GPA: 4
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Robin15 wrote:

Not to be too harsh but every page in this thread has the answer to this stickied as the top post. Also, this is also easily available on the official website. Please try to check before asking.

So yes, the physical whiteboard is allowed.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 613 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
GMAT 1: 630 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36 (Online)
Send PM
Hi! Everyone!
I have noticed on mba.com that the Reschedule fees have been waived for the gmat online.

Does anyone know how the thing works? I mean if I schedule for thursday... and I see that Im not ready.. and on purpose I miss the date. What happens? I can reschedule whenever I want?

Should I say that I want to reschedule a 24 hs before the exam?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
That is not what they meant. If you miss the exam then it is your problem. What they mean is you can reschedule the exam before you take the exam - I think 24 hrs before? Not sure on the time restriction but before the exam. So keep this in mind.

Maybe someone can confirm the time restriction for rescheduling.

patto wrote:
Hi! Everyone!
I have noticed on mba.com that the Reschedule fees have been waived for the gmat online.

Does anyone know how the thing works? I mean if I schedule for thursday... and I see that Im not ready.. and on purpose I miss the date. What happens? I can reschedule whenever I want?

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 36
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
Kudos
Yup! You're allowed to reschedule your GMAT Online exam as long as you do so 24 hours before your original schedule. I had mine rescheduled 3x without fees.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 187
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
vaibhav1446 wrote:
AkshayC95 wrote:
vaibhav1446 wrote:
karanbce wrote:
Hi guys, I have an online gmat in 2 days, was wondering if you are allowed to keep water on your desk and have it during the test (without asking the proctor)?

Also, are you allowed to keep eatables (like chocolates) in the room to have it during the 5 minute break? I could not find this explicitly written anywhere, so any info will be very helpful. Thanks

You can have the water on the table and have it anytime. However, edibles are not allowed on table. You can have it in your room and eat during the break but not during the test. I explicitly asked it before the test. Proctor will call you before starting the test to take a look around and ask you a set of questions.

We can't have water during test only during break right?

Water- Keep it with you all the time, no problem. Have it anytime, no problem.

Edibles- Can't keep with you. Have only in breaks. Proctor asked me to remove them from the table, where the system was. I then kept them (Snickers) on a different table (bed behind me) in the same room, no problem.

I was planning for Black Coffee, but I guess I am out of luck.
Do I have to take permission from the proctor every time I want to drink water during the exam?
And just to be sure. I can keep multiple glasses of water, right?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 243 [1]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
patto wrote:
Hi! Everyone!

I reschedule my exam 15 min before my actual test,as my internet connection was down on test day.
So you can reschedule anytime before your actual exam.

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72889 [1]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Harsh2111s wrote:
patto wrote:
Hi! Everyone!

I reschedule my exam 15 min before my actual test,as my internet connection was down on test day.

Or you can just forget to show up for your test and reschedule it that way ? Though it’s better to do ahead of time so you don’t have to deal with customer service
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V27 (Online)
Send PM
Robin15 wrote:

Yes it is allowed. Please look at the specification given in mba.com
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1807 [0]
Given Kudos: 203
Send PM
bb wrote:
Harsh2111s wrote:
patto wrote:
Hi! Everyone!

Or you can just forget to show up for your test and reschedule it that way ? Though it’s better to do ahead of time so you don’t have to deal with customer service

The free reschedule option is meant to help folks who have genuine difficulties fulfilling the test appointment. Many folks around the world have sudden connectivity and physical difficulties. Not everyone lives in perfect conditions. I would advise folks not to abuse this option. Be sincere. Do not ruin it for others.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello Everyone
My passport got expired in mid-June, So I applied for reissue of passport and got my new passport in 1st week of July. Now, my current Mba.com account is registered on old passport Number and my new passport(Reissued passport) has Different Passport number. Will that be an issue while booking my exam?
Where can I update my passport details on mba.com? Or Do I have to make new Mba.com account to register for the exam? While booking for Online GMAT, Gmac did not ask me or confirm with me my passport number?

bb Please help on this one.

Originally posted by AkshayC95 on 03 Aug 2020, 12:01.
Last edited by AkshayC95 on 03 Aug 2020, 12:37, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 613 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
GMAT 1: 630 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36 (Online)
Send PM
Hovkial wrote:
bb wrote:
Harsh2111s wrote:
patto wrote:
Hi! Everyone!

The free reschedule option is meant to help folks who have genuine difficulties fulfilling the test appointment. Many folks around the world have sudden connectivity and physical difficulties. Not everyone lives in perfect conditions. I would advise folks not to abuse this option. Be sincere. Do not ruin it for others.

I guess that to assume what you have, you work on GMAC. Please allow retakes. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [1]
Given Kudos: 35
GRE 1: Q166 V157
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
AkshayC95 wrote:
Hello Everyone
My passport got expired in mid-June, So I applied for reissue of passport and got my new passport in 1st week of July. Now, my current Mba.com account is registered on old passport Number and my new passport(Reissued passport) has Different Passport number. Will that be an issue while booking my exam?
Where can I update my passport details on mba.com? Or Do I have to make new Mba.com account to register for the exam? While booking for Online GMAT, Gmac did not ask me or confirm with me my passport number?

Don't worry about it. As long as your new passport is valid it won't be a problem.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
oldmonkey wrote:
AkshayC95 wrote:
Hello Everyone

Don't worry about it. As long as your new passport is valid it won't be a problem.

Change in passport number won't affect?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [1]
Given Kudos: 35
GRE 1: Q166 V157
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
AkshayC95 wrote:
oldmonkey wrote:
AkshayC95 wrote:
Hello Everyone

Nope. If you just want to be double safe, carry your previous passport.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
oldmonkey wrote:
AkshayC95 wrote:
oldmonkey wrote:
AkshayC95 wrote:
Hello Everyone

Nope. If you just want to be double safe, carry your previous passport.

I have booked online exam. That's why I am worried. Incase of personal interaction it is easier to handle things but incase of online, You hardly have things under control.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  109   110   111   112   113  ...  183