Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:37 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72872 [0]
Given Kudos: 18859
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [3]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
How will Business schools view it that there's no AWA involved? Also what does it mean that scores don't show up in Physical scores Report; does that mean it doesn't count?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hello Everyone,
I just connected to the Youtube live "effective test-taking strategies" and it was advised to use a mouse-pen, that is, a pen you can use to write directly on your trackpad if you have a laptop (no external devices are connected). The pen is wireless. Do you know whether we can use it? It would help solve many of the problems...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello everyone,
I registeres the online exam, but I cannot see the "Begin Exam" button. I tried to email the customer services one week ago bue still no answers.

I am new and cannot submit any photo so I describe what I see in my screen:
In my account / See future exam details I can see 3 boxes:
1- Purchase online exams -> When I get in I see the exa I bought but not any "Begin exam" button
2- GMAC assessment exams -> for special test takers
3- Upcoming appointment: you do not have any appointment scheduled -> Shoul my exam appears here??

Help please,
Thank you in advance
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi. You are double posting :-) I replied to your other topic.... please see your answer here:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-online- ... l#p2501969

The button shows up only 30 mins before the test in the future tests section - you have to click for it. There are a few screenshots.
Go to the register now or view appointment details" page on your "my account" homescreen.
Some photos here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-online- ... l#p2549422

Lzy wrote:
Hello everyone,
I registeres the online exam, but I cannot see the "Begin Exam" button. I tried to email the customer services one week ago bue still no answers.

I am new and cannot submit any photo so I describe what I see in my screen:
In my account / See future exam details I can see 3 boxes:
1- Purchase online exams -> When I get in I see the exa I bought but not any "Begin exam" button
2- GMAC assessment exams -> for special test takers
3- Upcoming appointment: you do not have any appointment scheduled -> Shoul my exam appears here??

Help please,
Thank you in advance

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72872 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
No. You cannot use a mouse pen :-) you cannot use amy pen, you cannot use a cat pen, you cannot use a dog pen either. No stylus. In other words - No writing instruments of any kind.

You can use a Mouse connected to a computer or a touchpad on your laptop or you can also use the touchscreen if your computer is equipped with one but you cannot use it to draw on the whiteboard.

That’s the latest from GMAC.

mcrk17 wrote:
Hello Everyone,
I just connected to the Youtube live "effective test-taking strategies" and it was advised to use a mouse-pen, that is, a pen you can use to write directly on your trackpad if you have a laptop (no external devices are connected). The pen is wireless. Do you know whether we can use it? It would help solve many of the problems...

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Struggling much with this blackboard thing. Used to get 49Q on pen and paper easily, now struggling to reach even 45Q. Anybody else experiencing the same...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 670 Q49 V33 (Online)
GMAT 3: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Investment Banking (Health Care)
Send PM
Yup, echoing what vreddy1 said, has anyone taken a GMAT Club Quant test with the whiteboard this weekend? How different were your scores than what you normally get/how did it feel? Would love to hear any type of feedback, as I may take an exam later today if some people had decent experiences with it...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I recall taking an official GMAT, and there was so much work for 1 quant question. There's no way I could write all that blackboard. Hope they change the quant questions to cater to the blackboard, because if not, it's going to be trouble. Not only does it take forever to write something that takes 2 seconds, but also the the writing itself sucks, I can barely read it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [2]
Given Kudos: 53
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 670 Q49 V33 (Online)
GMAT 3: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Investment Banking (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
Well, actually, you guys can go ahead and ignore my previous post. I just went ahead and took one of the CATs for the sake of it, and actually ended up with a Q49?!? :shock: Note, that is even better than what I got in the test center a month and a half ago, and I have heard that GMAT Club Quant tests are generally harder than the real thing... so I guess I am now starting to feel cautiously optimistic about this? For context, I've never taken a GMAT Club test before, but I have taken a few Manhattan ones, and generally score in the Q45 range on those and anywhere from Q47-Q49 on GMATPrep's actual tests.

bb, can you confirm that the tests haven't been changed up at all to accommodate for the whiteboard / lack of ability to write?

Assuming these are really the same tests as they were before, then wow, I will just say that for me, the whiteboard did not make a material difference at all. In some aspects I actually preferred it - typing things down helped me synthesize the information and felt a little bit more natural! Note that I had not practiced with the online whiteboard at all prior to this, because I was pretty much set on not taking the Online GMAT -- although that might change now! Very interesting - thanks GMAT Club for letting us utilize your tests for free!

Gotta say, I kind of feel bad for ragging on GMAC now... :lol:
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72872 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
:lol: No, we haven’t changed anything with the tests.... and it seems your score is justified with your gmat prep tests and MGMAT (mgmat tests tend to low-ball your quant score).

Now it is all about performing under pressure of the real test. Some people do better and some crash and burn...

Good luck!

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
vreddy1 wrote:
I recall taking an official GMAT, and there was so much work for 1 quant question. There's no way I could write all that blackboard. Hope they change the quant questions to cater to the blackboard, because if not, it's going to be trouble. Not only does it take forever to write something that takes 2 seconds, but also the the writing itself sucks, I can barely read it.

Yes, writing with a pencil on the online whiteboard is terrible. It is not usable but you can type things out as a few people pointed out. They used the text tool only and never touched drawing tools. The whiteboard is hard for interval or coordinate geometry that combines both :(

PS. I am still waiting for folks to report their scores. It will be a lot more clear how things are working out once the official scores come in.

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you for doing the research and thank you for your persistence!!!

PS. Thank you also for not asking me anything via 5 methods of contact :lol:

nopemi wrote:
TOUCHSCREEN UPDATE: still confused

Hello everyone!

Last week I received an E-mail from the GMAC (Shira Stein) stating that "we could use our fingers but not a stylus".
Since I do not believe them in the slightest (it took me 7 e-mails before getting a non-standardized answer ;) ), I contacted them again via Facebook messenger, Instagram and Twitter (yes, I am THAT kind of customer :lol: ) to make sure it was true.

I received the following answers via FB Messenger:

GMAC: Hello, we apologize for the frustrations! While you may use a compatible touch screen device for the online assessment, you may not use a stylus/pen or your finger. We value market feedback and will continue to explore ways to make the GMAT Online experience one that helps test takers perform their best on exam day. We will also continue to uphold our high standards for security, validity and reliability across our assessments.

My answer: Hello! Thank you for your answer.
I recently received an email from your customer service saying that while we can't use a stylus, we can use our fingers. So I am a little bit confused..
MER 19:07

GMAC: we apologize for the confusion! We recommend that you do not use a finger for the online exam as this can cause issues with the exam and/or cause the session to be cancelled.

Then via e-mail:
Hello ****,

Use of a stylus or any similar on screen writing device (including your finger) on a touch screen may result in your exam being cancelled.
[usual whiteboard info bla bla]

Regards,
Shira

Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC)

Needelss to say, I am hugely disappointed by their lack of competence and professionalism, as I believe many of you are. Everything is just so confusing (although I believe they are being so sketchy about using fingers just because it would give touchscreen laptop owners an advantage. Correct me if I'm wrong)

I hope this can help someone (it took me a lot of effort, time and patience to get these short answers :roll: :roll: thanks customer service :thumbsup: :shh: ) and maybe some of you have had a similar experience and can back this up.

Have a great day :blushing:

Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb Thank you, and I'll be waiting for how other people do, that would help tremendously. In all honesty, I think this is our chance for inflated scores that count. If I can get past the technical adjustments, I should be fine.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Technically if we trust GMAC, scores should be out no later than tomorrow.

If we trust Pearson Vue, then it is up to 2 weeks.... :roll:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,
I just took the online GMAT. I do not plan to make full debrief, but I would like to share one experience:

During the quant section, I accidently pressed "chat" instead of "whiteboard". Intuitionally, I moved the cursor - still clicked, like drag&drop - away from the chat button. The current question disappeard and was replaced by a "page not found"-page. I waited 5 minutes for the proctor. He refreshed the system, kicked my out and let me back in. Everyhting was fine, I continued and - from what I had in mind - did not lose any time. It was just a stress factor.

So I recommend: If you accidently press a button from the above panel, do not "try to drag&drop" it somewhere ;)

Cheers :)

PS: Maybe I will make a debrief next week in case I have an unexpected result. As a non-native English speaker with a high ability for math, I struggled with the verbal section way more than with quant section. Even without a physical scratchpad, I was able to achieve Q50-Q51 multiple times in Official Prep-Tests. If people demand such a debrief, I will make one next week.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Hi I just saw on YouTube "GMAT Score Reveal | NEW GMAT ONLINE UPDATES!" scheduled live on May 1st.
Since I'm taking the gmat at home in 2 days can I and whoever is in my shoes know what score did u get??

thanks souvik or whoever took the gmat at home already
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51448 [1]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
marcoriva wrote:
Hi I just saw on YouTube "GMAT Score Reveal | NEW GMAT ONLINE UPDATES!" scheduled live on May 1st.
Since I'm taking the gmat at home in 2 days can I and whoever is in my shoes know what score did u get??

thanks souvik or whoever took the gmat at home already

Hello hello!

I am "hoping" to get the score by then and scheduled the session so that people are in the know.

If I hear back in the next 2 days, I will definitely update this thread. But the quick question for you - how would knowing how others scored help you? I understand if you are curious and I would be too, but don't add stress to your test-taking.

ALL THE BEST. If you need any advice, just post here and I will respond.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  41   42   43   44   45  ...  183