Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:38 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 146
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Help with profile evaluation, please [#permalink]
Expert Reply
I like that you have more leadership experience now--this will go a long way with b-schools in the US. Your target list is likely within reach especially if you nail the GMAT and apply in the early rounds.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you Bryant! Good to know that schools like Haas/UCLA/Ross are within reach! Will start preparing for the GMAT and keep you updated with any significant progress! :)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Excellent--you can't over-prepare for the GMAT, so good luck. Veritas has excellent prep courses too if you are interested.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi Guys

I am requesting to kindly evaluate my profile to know where i can apply and how can i improve my profile

I am 26 years old Indian Male.

My Academics are
SSC- 58%
HSC-57%
Reason of getting lower percentage in SSC & HSC was that i was not focused.

B.Tech (Electronics & Instrumentation)- 62%. Completed my engineering from well known Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU). Highest percentage in my class was 77% and the batch size was of 56 students.

Work Experience- Working with one of the leading Transformer Manufacturers in India as a Engineer in Marketing from past 29 months.

Marketing (29 Months)- During my job i have developed a large client base for my organization. Went for negotiation to clients and also converted them into order. Kept an eagles eye on our competitors & had done lot of Market Research. Regularly providing new project information to my organization.

GMAT- I will appear for GMAT in October 2014 and will apply for fall 2015. I am targeting 730+ in GMAT

Extra-Curricular :
Together with my friend i had started an coaching institute where we train students for engineering entrance examination and i teach Physics & Maths.

Participated in National Level Conference on Environmental Science during my college days.

Also learning French Language( i am not going to get any certificate for this )

MBA Program i am interested is ONE YEAR MBA PROGRAM

Target colleges- ISB, Emory, HEC, Kellogg apart from these i need a suggestion from you about colleges.

Post MBA goals - To work in Marketing/Strategy & later will expand and open more branches of my coaching institute

Kindly let me know where i can improve myself and also let me know about my goals whether it is in sync with my MBA specialization.

Regards
Shantanu Mukherjee
Send PM
Expert Reply
Shantanu-

If you can get the GMAT score you are targeting I think you would have a very strong chance at the one year programs you are targeting. They will be less concerned with your marks in school than they will be with your work experience, which should impress them. One year programs want to see achievements in the workplace and want assurance you can quickly assimilate information and analyze thoughtfully from your experience and perspective. You should have little trouble convincing them you can do this.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
bryantmichaels wrote:
Shantanu-

If you can get the GMAT score you are targeting I think you would have a very strong chance at the one year programs you are targeting. They will be less concerned with your marks in school than they will be with your work experience, which should impress them. One year programs want to see achievements in the workplace and want assurance you can quickly assimilate information and analyze thoughtfully from your experience and perspective. You should have little trouble convincing them you can do this.

Hello sir

Thanks for your reply . You told me that i will have little trouble in convincing them that i can do it. I believe this may due to my low work-experience in comparison to other applicants. Can you please tell me how to improve and what can i do so that they are convinced. Looking forward for your reply.

Regards
Shantanu Mukherjee
Send PM
Expert Reply
The best way to do this is to rack up some revenues with your company between now and when you apply. Nothing speaks to success like the bottom line.
GMAT Club Bot