Last visit was: 10 May 2024, 21:11 It is currently 10 May 2024, 21:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: IE Global MBA September 2017 Intake [#permalink]
fandango wrote:
anibalhuneeus wrote:

Awesome congrats on the admission!
I'm taking TOEFL this saturday and ieGAT next week, so I'll be filing my application approximately Mid-May

Hopefully everything goes OK and I can get enrolled for September Global MBA Intake

Thanks! I started applying pretty early so i don't have to rush to get in.

So you're applying to IE only since you're sitting for ieGAT?

No, I'll be taking GMAT as well and applying to a couple more schools. I'm very interested in IE though
Did you get any scholarship?? I'll be filing financial aid application next to my formal application
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
congrats
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ahuneeu1 wrote:
fandango wrote:
anibalhuneeus wrote:

Awesome congrats on the admission!
I'm taking TOEFL this saturday and ieGAT next week, so I'll be filing my application approximately Mid-May

Hopefully everything goes OK and I can get enrolled for September Global MBA Intake

Thanks! I started applying pretty early so i don't have to rush to get in.

So you're applying to IE only since you're sitting for ieGAT?

No, I'll be taking GMAT as well and applying to a couple more schools. I'm very interested in IE though
Did you get any scholarship?? I'll be filing financial aid application next to my formal application

Good luck with your tests!

Yes, i got around 10% - not much, but still something. Don't know why so little, maybe my financial need essays were not persuasive enough.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
fandango wrote:
Hi,

I've noticed there is no separate thread for those applying to/admitted in the GMBA Sep '17 intake.

I got admitted into the program a couple of weeks ago and ready to share my experience to those who are still applying and connect with the soon-to-be students of the program.

Best,
Denis

Hello Denis,

I am applying to GMBA Sept '17 intake.

I have submitted my application, sat for the IE Gat (received positive feedback), and have my Skype interview Monday May 8.

what is your suggestion regarding the Interview? any Tips? how long after the Interview did you receive a final feedback? do you know how many apply to IE GMBA and what the acceptance rate are?

looking forward and all the best in September!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMBA201777 wrote:
fandango wrote:
Hi,

I've noticed there is no separate thread for those applying to/admitted in the GMBA Sep '17 intake.

I got admitted into the program a couple of weeks ago and ready to share my experience to those who are still applying and connect with the soon-to-be students of the program.

Best,
Denis

Hello Denis,

I am applying to GMBA Sept '17 intake.

I have submitted my application, sat for the IE Gat (received positive feedback), and have my Skype interview Monday May 8.

what is your suggestion regarding the Interview? any Tips? how long after the Interview did you receive a final feedback? do you know how many apply to IE GMBA and what the acceptance rate are?

looking forward and all the best in September!

Hi,

Good luck to you. I had a face-to-face interview so my experience may be very different from yours. Regarding the tips, I don't really know your background to advise anything specific, so I can just give you a general idea. The interviewer will try to understand, why you need this MBA and what you wanna get from it, so make sure you really understand your short- and long-term goals. Be prepared to guide the interviewer through your CV and career path. You will do most of the talking, so if you aren't used to speaking a lot about yourself in English, make sure to prepare your story in advance. At the same time, do not deviate too much from the point and don't spend too much time on one question, otherwise the interview will get bored. I don't have a loss for words so I noticed during my interview that i spent too much time on some topics, it's good i cut myself short and got back on track.

I received my feedback around 2.5-3 weeks after the interview. The statistics on how many apply is very unclear, as tehre are few active IE applicants on GMAT club, i don't know why. Maybe it's mostly US applicants who are active here.

From what I know, the acceptance rate is around 25%-30% (data from some admission websites).

If you have an opportunity, will you be able to write a bit about your background?

Let me know if you need any other info, will be happy to help.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi,

I've been admitted for the GMBA at IE Business School. I'm in the September 2017 intake and would like to connect with other students who've been admitted.

Does anyone know if there's a Facebook group or another place where we can get together make connections?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Please_Let_Me_Score_700 wrote:
Hi,

I've been admitted for the GMBA at IE Business School. I'm in the September 2017 intake and would like to connect with other students who've been admitted.

Does anyone know if there's a Facebook group or another place where we can get together make connections?

Hi, well, there seems to be a general one: https://www.facebook.com/groups/416255198436785/

I'm also in the September 2017 intake. How did the admission go for you?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey everyone,

Today I gave ieGAT, I found it a bit hard and was able to respond to 35 out of the 60 questions (I understand most people are able to respond only to half of the questions)

I will be formally applying during the next week, so hopefully before June I can have some input on my admission process for the Global MBA September intake

Cheers!
Anibal
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ahuneeu1 wrote:
Hey everyone,

Today I gave ieGAT, I found it a bit hard and was able to respond to 35 out of the 60 questions (I understand most people are able to respond only to half of the questions)

I will be formally applying during the next week, so hopefully before June I can have some input on my admission process for the Global MBA September intake

Cheers!
Anibal

Good luck you! If you need any info on the admission process, please let me know.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Today I sent the official application, hopefully will have some news in a couple of weeks since Priority Admission process is live up until June the 1st.

I'll be applying to financial aid as well today

Will keep you posted,
Regards

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ahuneeu1 wrote:
Today I sent the official application, hopefully will have some news in a couple of weeks since Priority Admission process is live up until June the 1st.

I'll be applying to financial aid as well today

Will keep you posted,
Regards

So I have my interview set up for this Tuesday the 23rd

I haven't had any feedback whatsoever about ieGAT but I assume that I did OK since I'm up for the interview

I have read a couple of threads in order to prepare my interview and I'm focusing on having a good coherent story about the following topics:

- Description of myself (what drives me) and CV/resume with main achievements
- Why an MBA and what do I expect from it
- Why an MBA now
- Why at IE
- Short/long term goals

Any other ideas? I think by covering these topics I should hopefully be fine

Regards

Intern
Intern
Send PM
ahuneeu1 wrote:

That's basically it. You need to show the interviewer who you are and why you want to study at IE. They will try to determine if you are a good fit, so the more they understand you and the more relevant information they receive from you, the better off you'll be.

They may want to hear a couple of stories from your life about biggest challenges and also whether you have an enterpreneur streak in you. If you engaged in a business project, this is a huge plus.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
fandango wrote:
ahuneeu1 wrote:

That's basically it. You need to show the interviewer who you are and why you want to study at IE. They will try to determine if you are a good fit, so the more they understand you and the more relevant information they receive from you, the better off you'll be.

They may want to hear a couple of stories from your life about biggest challenges and also whether you have an enterpreneur streak in you. If you engaged in a business project, this is a huge plus.

Thank you ver much for the input
I felt I did pretty well during the interview (talked fluidly about my CV, describing main achievements and tasks in the different positions I've held etc) and I was able to explain in good terms why an MBA, and why now

I didn't have any tricky questions... I was asked a couple of examples of situations were my leadership changed the cours of things or of problems with my team and how did I address and manage those situations

Now just waiting positively for a final decision, will keep you updated

Thanks everyone once again for the great input
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey everyone, good news I got admitted into the global MBA September intake!

I was wondering how long after notification of admission you got feedback on financial aid? I applied to both at the same time (two weeks ago).

Best regards and looking forward to connect!

Intern
Intern
Send PM
ahuneeu1 wrote:
Hey everyone, good news I got admitted into the global MBA September intake!

I was wondering how long after notification of admission you got feedback on financial aid? I applied to both at the same time (two weeks ago).

Best regards and looking forward to connect!

Congrats! you should hear from IE within 1-2 weeks. As it was with my case at least. So we're going to study together I suppose?)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hi All,

Nice to meet you!

I recently got admitted into IE GMBA (Sept 17) and will be applying for a visa soon for the induction.

Please does anyone have ideas about cheap hotel accommodation close to the school?

Regards.

Phemmy.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Phemmy wrote:
Hi All,

Nice to meet you!

I recently got admitted into IE GMBA (Sept 17) and will be applying for a visa soon for the induction.

Please does anyone have ideas about cheap hotel accommodation close to the school?

Regards.

Phemmy.

Hi Phemmy,

I sent you a PM recently, in case you'd like to join our small https://gmatclub.com/chat group of the admitted students we were able to locate.

I already booked an apartment very close to the school on Air bnb - i found it to be the cheapest option of all.

Best,
Denis
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts