It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 15:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

IMD or Cambridge?

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

IMD or Cambridge? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2016, 16:26
Hello all,

First thanks for the work done by all the community, it has been really helpfull in order to reach a good gmat score!

I would like to get some inputs to take a good decision regarding a complex situation.

I am 32 (turning 33 this year), I am an engineer, I work as a Supply Chain Manager and I have some entrepreneurship experiences. The purpose of my MBA is to create a great international network and give me strong skills regarding strategy, accounting, finance, venture investments and long-range company management. All that in order to act, in the future, as an entrepreneur or corporate entrepreneur.

I am applying to several MBAs, including IMD (January 2017 intake) and Cambridge Judge (September 2017 intake). Due to the different starting dates, if get accepted to IMD I wouldn't even let a chance to Cambridge (as its application process starts later...). The tricky question is the following: what would be the best? Not apply to IMD and keep Cambridge as a priority for Sept17, or apply to IMD for Jan17 and forget Cambridge if accepted in Switzerland?

It would be great to receive your inputs based on the schools experience, reputation and fit with the small description given above.

Thanks a lot!

Lieon

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [1], given: 2

GPA: 3.5
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: IMD or Cambridge? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2016, 23:14
This post received
KUDOS
You haven't even got in yet. Id say don't even think about it and apply to imd if you want to go there, and if you get accepted then decide if you want to apply to Cambridge.

Not to be a bad omen, but if you get rejection from one of them or both, the school has already made the decision for you...

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 7 [1], given: 2

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2016, 15:39
This post received
KUDOS
Thanks for your practical feedback!

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 257 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2016, 19:35
I agree with the above, there is no decision...until there is a decision. No problem to start thinking through how you would prioritize things now but keep it simple. I would say I always recommend to my clients that to avoid applying to a school that you would not be excited to attend. So keep that in mind as you map out your application strategy. Both are great programs so hopefully you can secure admission to at least one of these programs.

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 257 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2017, 00:38
Hi all,

I am in a very similar predicament as the topic of this post albeit I have had an offer from IMD but in the midst of applying to Cambridge. As I am a lawyer working in the energy/infra space and want to change function rather than sector (remain in energy or maybe switch to tech) - is it more advisable for me to give up IMD and go to Cambridge instead. Or do the rankings justify going to IMD?

Need to keep in mind the high cost of going to IMD and Switzerland!

Thanks!

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
P

Kudos [?]: 302 [0], given: 166

Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2017, 03:28
snigdhanahar wrote:
Hi all,

I am in a very similar predicament as the topic of this post albeit I have had an offer from IMD but in the midst of applying to Cambridge. As I am a lawyer working in the energy/infra space and want to change function rather than sector (remain in energy or maybe switch to tech) - is it more advisable for me to give up IMD and go to Cambridge instead. Or do the rankings justify going to IMD?

Need to keep in mind the high cost of going to IMD and Switzerland!

Thanks!

My advice is to reach out current students in Cambridge to see how the career service perform under the Brexit. The situation is still very unclear if you follow the economic news in Bloomberg, CCN money...etc. In same way, you should contact others in IMD to see the job climate for internationals. You do not want to spend money (high or low) in vain.

Good luck

Kudos [?]: 302 [0], given: 166

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 35

GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.82
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2017, 03:49
you cannot ignore life after grad in Cambridge
do your research before taking a call

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 35

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

IMD or Cambridge? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2017, 14:06
i will choice CAMBRIDGE,because after studying this university can help get job for you

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

IMD or Cambridge?   [#permalink] 08 Nov 2017, 14:06

IMD or Cambridge?

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap