Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 08:32 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 08:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GRE 1: Q165 V150
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
HI

Can anyone evaluate my profile for Insead

GMAT - 710 ( V - 35 , Q - 50 )

Educational
12th - 91 %
BE (CIVIL ) - Osmania University - 64 %
PG Diploma - Advanced Construction Management - NICMAR ( 7.1 CGPA)

Work Ex:

3 years in India - L &T Construction . 2 years as a planning engineer and one year in the project management office.

16 months in Gulf as Planning engineer and project controls

Extra Curricular

Have plenty of CSR activities to showcase at work place.

Additional

Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) by PMI , USA.

How do you think are my chances ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V30
GMAT 3: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi..could someone evaluate my profile for INSEAD ?

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Xth- 84.4%
XIIth – 84.4%
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering with 68% (the Topper of the Branch scored 75%) from Institute of Engineering & Technology, Lucknow (a State Government Engineering College)
Post-graduation – MBA in Marketing with 6.72 CGPA from Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad (ranked 12th by Business today 2016 Rankings and 13th by Business India 2016)
Exchange program – 3 months Student Exchange (as a part of the curriculum of IMT Ghaziabad) in Kedge Business School, Marseille, France with an overall CGPA of 7.0
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 720 ( Q-49, V-39, IR-4 AWA 5)

Post MBA Goals: I wish to have a career in Strategy Consulting after my MBA. Wit respect to the type of MBA program, I am interested in a 1 year MBA program. The reasons for a second MBA for me are :

a. Better MBA experience - Diversity, pedagogy more focused on gaining practical knowledge, etc
b. Better Career Opportunities after MBA
c. Change in work location

Work Exp :
Currently working as a Senior Consultant with a Big 4 , i.e. PwC India (Energy and Utilities Sector)
I have a total experience of 73 months (around 6 years) with companies such as PwC, Accenture, Tata Motors and Larsen & Toubro in various sectors such as Manufacturing, Automotive, Energy, etc and in various functions such as Consulting, Business Development, Sales Enablement, etc
Key Highlights of Work exp:
• Developed an IT Strategy Roadmap for one of the largest Power Generation companies in India while working with PwC
• End to end Digital Strategy Consulting for Clients in APAC region across Resources Industry Involved in End to end Digital Strategy Consulting for Clients in APAC region across Resources Industry while working with Accenture
• Process Consulting and Continuous Process Improvement for the vendors of Tata Motors in terms of various manufacturing functions such as Operations, Quality, Production planning, Supply Chain and Business Process Re-engineering - Tata Motors
• Successfully increased volume of Tippers from 2800 to 4800 in a record 3 months aiding in increase of market share from 58% to 60% in M&HCV Tipper segment - Tata Motors
• Independently handled Shop floor Operations in Fluidized Catalytic Cracker Unit (FCCU) by inspection of Welded joints I a Refinery Plant in North India - Larsen & Toubro
International Experience
• 3 months Exchange program (during MBA at IMT Ghaziabad) in which I studied Marketing at Kedge Business School which is ranked 33rd in Europe in FT rankings for 2016)
• On site engagement in Accenture for 2 months when I worked on an engagement with a Thai Client based out of Bangkok
• Handled many International Clients in Europe, Singapore, Australia, etc. and worked with the Client teams on a daily basis
• Handled multiple Digital Workshops for Global Clients
• Extensive travel in Europe
Awards and Recognition:
• Received PwC Experience Award for showing exemplary alignment with PwC Values during all the Client Engagements
• Client Appreciation for showing great commitment towards ensuring adequate quality and timeliness of the Engagement
• Finished among the top 5 finalists in “Best Officers Award” in Tata Motors for the financial year 2010-11
• Awarded for conceptualization and preparation of BCG Quality Guidelines for Tata Motors in 2013
• Awarded for “Process adherence in Trailer Design and Manufacturing” in Strategic Process Planning Meet, Lucknow, Tata Motors in the year 2011

Volunteer Experience:
• Taught and mentored underprivileged kids in Lucknow from July, 2010 to May, 2013 through association with an NGO “Make a Difference” spread across 23 cities
• POC (Point of Contact) for Accenture’s CSR initiatives in Bangalore
• Mentored and taught various students at Cheshire Homes, an NGO responsible for providing education in terms of necessary language, IT and communication skills along with career mentorship to disabled children and students
• Worked with various corporates to organize Career fares for Cheshire Homes in Bangalore
• Among the top 10 Volunteers for the PwC Foundation week activities, which are targeted at various NGOs to impart skills, literacy to underprivileged women and children

Extra-Curricular Activities:
• Dramatics
 Finalist in UTV Bindass Street play competition held in Mumbai, judged by Rakeysh OmPrakash Mehra in 2009
 2nd position in “Atkeliyan-annual national level skit competition” at IIT Kanpur in 2007
 3rd position in Culrav, a national level Main Play competition at MNNIT Allahabad in 2007
• Organized Passion’13, an annual inter B-school Management cum Cultural Fest, held at IMT Ghaziabad in 2013
• Co-ordinator of Dramatics event in “Encore” – a national level cultural festival of IET Lucknow in 2008
• Training & Placement Representative of the batch at IET Lucknow during 2005-09

Achievements and Awards:
• Finalist in Neetishastra – a national level Inter B-school Consulting event held at IIM Indore in 2013
• Winner at Boardroom – a national level Inter B-school Consulting event held at Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, New Delhi in 2015
• Winner in ADZAP – MAD ADS event during Passion’14, an inter B-school event held in IMT Ghaziabad
• Finished among the top 5 finalists in “Best Officers Award” in Tata Motors for the financial year 2010-11
• Awarded for conceptualization and preparation of BCG Quality Guidelines for Tata Motors in 2013
• Awarded for “Process adherence in Trailer Design and Manufacturing” in Strategic Process Planning Meet, Lucknow, Tata Motors in the year 2011
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hoping you could give your 2 cents on my profile:

About me: Indian, Male, 27
GMAT: 740

Education: Bachelor in Finance from a top Eastern European university
GPA: 4,0/5,0 (equivalent to 3,2/4,0). 4 scholarships + spent 1 semester abroad

Work experience:
4 years at the time of admission**
Job #1: 2 years as a Senior Operations Manager at a major German startup (e-commerce sector) - managing and working along global teams
Job #2: 1 year as a Junior Operations Manager at a major German startup (e-commerce sector)
1 year - internship prior to that at another startup (Logistics sector) + Project Management role at a major bank in Czech Republic

Extra-curricular:
- Editor/Founder of an Internet magazine focusing on Geopolitics/International affairs
- Coordinator at a local NGO for immigrants
- Languages: Speak English, Hindi, Czech, German on a fluent level (self-learned + have certifications for proficiency)
- Self-funded my studies
- **spent 2 years in Czech Republic after high school founding my own startup before starting undergrad

Goal after MBA: Strategy/Management consulting - MBB. Preferably in Europe.

How competitive do you find my profile? In particular, given my profile, what other schools should I consider apart from INSEAD? (Very strongly prefer 1 year MBA programs)
Send PM
Expert Reply
sulyeiro wrote:
mbaMissionJenK wrote:
sulyeiro wrote:
Hi guys!

Would love if you could quickly evaluate my profile regarding if it is a potential fit at INSEAD (if not - which Euro schools would be within the range):

Current age:
28 (age at applying approx. 29)
Work experience:
- Senior Consultant Big 4 (Strategy - FS/Retail) - expecting to be promoted within the next year to Manager - currently leading teams consisting of junior consultants etc
- Digital Strategy at a leading CEE bank and several other gigs a non-major companies (product management, ...)
- Total approx. work experience at time of application ~6 years

Education:
B.A (GPA 2.9) and M.A (GPA 3.5) in Business Management at a European Non-Elite school
including a brief summer university in China

Other:
University lector at a (non-elite) college for digital business models & advisor to a startup

Race/nationality: White / Austrian
Sex: M
GMAT Score: 680 (I should probably pump those numbers)

Goal of MBA: Work in Strategy Consulting, specifically (hopefully) MBB
Target Schools: INSEAD maybe some other options
Essentially, looking for a realistic perspective wether my high-level profile gives me a shot at INSEAD / OXBRIDGE

Hi there
Thanks for your post. So tell me more about how you should 'probably pump those numbers' lol. ;) Have you scored higher on GMAT practice tests? Was the test recent and did you only take it once? Are you open to trying again etc? Certainly that is one area you CAN still make an impact on, and your undergrad GPA will raise some eyebrows. At least you had the more solid grad school GPA. Overall things look decent so far; higher GMAT would be a plus, especially for INSEAD, and not sure what your community/extra-curricular activities look like. OxBridge chances would be a little higher than INSEAD. Wondering what timeframe you are thinking of applying. Keep us posted, good luck!

Hi there mbaMissionJenK!

Thanks a lot for your reply - very much appreciated!

Regarding GMAT: Not really but I feel that I could put more effort into GMAT prep (maybe tutoring etc.) which is a real turn-off for me as my job is quite demanding involving lot of travel and resources.

In terms of extra curriculars there is not really anything that stands out ( I spend my undergrad mostly playing only poker to finance my UG and during Grad I was working) - however as a strategy consultant I was able to secure a teaching engagement at a local university where I teach digital business models as the sole lecturer of the course. I hoped that this stands out a bit at least.

Regarding timing: Depending on retaking the GMAT, I plan to apply for 09/18 - by then I should also secured the promotion to manager.

Gotcha. And you only took it once correct? If you aren't applying until next fall and only took it once I'd definitely give it one more shot!! Even as simply a "just in case/what if??" :). The test has a standard deviation itself so sometimes just a different day, different q's, different mindset and you can improve. And sometimes admissions officers appreciate seeing that you tried again if you were below a school's average fyi.

I would AT LEAST do say 2-4 weeks more prep, including 2-4 more practice tests and reviewing them, and give it one more go.... ideally the sooner the better, then be done with it. You never know if it could help!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
GMAT 1: 690 Q43 V41
GPA: 3.19
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi all!

I'd like to kindly request you for your review of my profile for INSEAD.

Background:
Male from the Philippines
Age 25
GMAT 700
GPA: 3.19

Education:
Bachelor of Science in Management from a Top 3 School in the Philippines. Was in an honors course which comprises of the top 15% of all students in the university.

Work Experience: Worked 3.5 Years (4 by matriculation)

1st Job - Large International Bank based in London and Singapore
Started out as a graduate trainee in the bank for a 1.5 year program including a 3 month stint abroad doing projects. Left the bank as a project manager handling all project management and governance and control functions for a unit of the bank.

2nd Job - Top 15 Local Bank in the Philippines
Was recruited to help start the Investment Banking (focused on Capital Markets) business of said bank. Part of a 2 man team which grew the office from start-up to becoming a top-10 player in the industry also increasing revenues by 400% y-o-y. Currently Officer in Charge of the division since the retirement of previous boss handling all aspects of the unit from business (originating and executing Capital Markets transactions) to administrative work (Person in charge of the unit for compliance, risk, audit, and other non-business functions.

Extra curricular - Avid traveler. Play a lot of sports (Tennis, Muay Thai, Football etc.), and played some competitively. Consulted for a large local NGO as part of previous internship experience and some volunteering efforts.

Post MBA - Continue working in Investment Banking in M&A or Capital Markets in a large foreign institution. Plan B would be to go into Management Consulting (have previous experience in the field from internships). Long term goal would be to return to the Philippines and join a local bank to lend my skills to improve investment sophistication in the local market and financial literacy among investors.

What do you guys think are my chances for INSEAD? Also looking at other European and Canadian schools which could fit my profile.

Thanks all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hello guys!

I am an Indian female, have done my engineering from one of the top 10 colleges in the country, my gpa is little on the lower side.
Gmat- 720-740

1. Have been working since December 2015 for my family business. I run a team of around 80 faculties at four educational institutions. I also work as the Management head of the institution which has around 1300 students.

2. I co-own and NGO which works for the welfare of the tribal people. Have been awarded for two consecutive years by MLA and district governing body. Also worked under the district governing bodies for country’s Swachh Bharat Abhiyan and mission Indradhanush.
Organised Blood donation camps.

3. State level player of chess as well swimming. Zonal level athlete.

4. Worked as student coordinator for technical and cultural fest in the college for two consecutive years in the marketing and public relations stream respectively led a team of 80 students.

Chief editor of college magazine.

President of two different clubs at college and led a team of 90 people.

Awarded best speaker in the Model United Nations debate.
Best orator in the South zone.

Kindly evaluate my profile.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Concentration: General Management, Statistics
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi Guys,

Can someone please evaluate my profile.

I am an "Indian IT male" (Please don't stop reading :-D)

GMAT : 730 Q49(75 percentile) V41(91 percentile), IR : 5, AWA : 5.0

Experience : 4 Years, Currently working as a Technology Consultant.

• I work closely with clients in Banking and Financial Services industry.
• I am part of a group which looks into the requirements of client and then propose an optimal solution.
• Lead a team of 10 Associates.

Education : Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology.
GPA : 7.5/10.

Other's
• A national level Baseball and Softball player.
• Coordinated many national level technical event in my college, represented my college in many national technical events of other colleges.
• Working with an NGO, I am part of many drives which are conducted on 3rd Saturday of each month, drives such as tree plantation, river cleaning, teaching underprivileged children.

Concentration : Strategy/Management Consulting/Innovation.

Do I stand a chance with this profile ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Dear experts,

Requesting your help on evaluating my profile for Insead.

Bachelors: comp sci (iiit hyd): 8.29/10
Mba - iim indore: 2.89/4.3

No prior workex before mba

Workex: 6.5 years
Gmat: 730

Certifications completed: CFA( 3 levels), FRM(2 levels)

Workex details:working as a derivative trader in international exchanges covering crude and gas liquids. Working with counterparts in singapore, london, newyork based out of india. Have prior workex in middle office roles and worked in projects for a month in singapore. Experience in using quantitative techniques for trading. Got selected into career acceleration program after rigorous selection process at work.

Ngo experience: nil

Extra currics: college fest core committee in mba, btech. Part of student committee in mba.

Do you think i have a shot at insead??

Posted from my mobile device
Send PM
Expert Reply
Anagram86 wrote:
Dear experts,

Requesting your help on evaluating my profile for Insead.

Bachelors: comp sci (iiit hyd): 8.29/10
Mba - iim indore: 2.89/4.3

No prior workex before mba

Workex: 6.5 years
Gmat: 730

Certifications completed: CFA( 3 levels), FRM(2 levels)

Workex details:working as a derivative trader in international exchanges covering crude and gas liquids. Working with counterparts in singapore, london, newyork based out of india. Have prior workex in middle office roles and worked in projects for a month in singapore. Experience in using quantitative techniques for trading. Got selected into career acceleration program after rigorous selection process at work.

Ngo experience: nil

Extra currics: college fest core committee in mba, btech. Part of student committee in mba.

Do you think i have a shot at insead??

Posted from my mobile device

Hi there--

So it looks like you've got the following going for you:

-demonstrated quantitative ability
-progression/recognition at work
-solid GMAT
-solid undergrad, BUT the MBA grades are not looking too impressive
-some global exposure
-CFA/certifications

I don't know more depth about your accomplishments/resume etc, which can make a differences as can recommendations/essays/interviews etc... but biggest potential hurdle in my view is the 2nd MBA factor. Yes INSEAD does accept 2nd MBAs, but it can be quite competitive, and you have to convince admissions that you deserve the MBA MORE than many who do not yet have an MBA... so you have a lot of pressure to make that case, for whatever the reasons are, and to differentiate that prior degree from this one and show how much more you will get out of an INSEAD degree. Be sure your story of your planned post-MBA goals is quite solid too, especially at a school like INSEAD where recruiting starts quickly.

Good luck to you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V30
GMAT 3: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Xth- 84.4%
XIIth – 84.4%
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering with 68% (the Topper of the Branch scored 75%) from Institute of Engineering & Technology, Lucknow (a State Government Engineering College)
Post-graduation – MBA in Marketing with 6.72 CGPA from Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad (ranked 12th by Business today 2016 Rankings and 13th by Business India 2016)
Exchange program – 3 months Student Exchange (as a part of the curriculum of IMT Ghaziabad) in Kedge Business School, Marseille, France with an overall CGPA of 7.0
TOEFL- Yet to take

Post MBA Goals: I wish to have a career in Strategy Consulting after my MBA. Wit respect to the type of MBA program, I am interested in a 1 year MBA program. The reasons for a second MBA for me are :

a. Better MBA experience - Diversity, pedagogy more focused on gaining practical knowledge, etc

Work Exp :
Currently working as a Senior Consultant with a Big 4 , i.e. PwC India (Energy and Utilities Sector)
I have a total experience of 73 months (around 6 years) with companies such as PwC, Accenture, Tata Motors and Larsen & Toubro in various sectors such as Manufacturing, Automotive, Energy, etc and in various functions such as Consulting, Business Development, Sales Enablement, etc
• Developed an IT Strategy Roadmap for one of the largest Power Generation companies in India while working with PwC
• End to end Digital Strategy Consulting for Clients in APAC region across Resources Industry Involved in End to end Digital Strategy Consulting for Clients in APAC region across Resources Industry while working with Accenture
• Process Consulting and Continuous Process Improvement for the vendors of Tata Motors in terms of various manufacturing functions such as Operations, Quality, Production planning, Supply Chain and Business Process Re-engineering - Tata Motors
• Successfully increased volume of Tippers from 2800 to 4800 in a record 3 months aiding in increase of market share from 58% to 60% in M&HCV Tipper segment - Tata Motors
• Independently handled Shop floor Operations in Fluidized Catalytic Cracker Unit (FCCU) by inspection of Welded joints I a Refinery Plant in North India - Larsen & Toubro
International Experience
• 3 months Exchange program (during MBA at IMT Ghaziabad) in which I studied Marketing at Kedge Business School which is ranked 33rd in Europe in FT rankings for 2016)
• On site engagement in Accenture for 2 months when I worked on an engagement with a Thai Client based out of Bangkok
• Handled many International Clients in Europe, Singapore, Australia, etc. and worked with the Client teams on a daily basis
Awards and Recognition:
• Received PwC Experience Award for showing exemplary alignment with PwC Values during all the Client Engagements
• Client Appreciation for showing great commitment towards ensuring adequate quality and timeliness of the Engagement

Volunteer Experience:
• Taught and mentored underprivileged kids in Lucknow from July, 2010 to May, 2013 through association with an NGO “Make a Difference” spread across 23 cities
• Mentored and taught various students at Cheshire Homes, an NGO responsible for providing education in terms of necessary language, IT and communication skills along with career mentorship to disabled children and students
• Worked with various corporates to organize Career fares for Cheshire Homes in Bangalore
• Among the top 10 Volunteers for the PwC Foundation week activities, which are targeted at various NGOs to impart skills, literacy to underprivileged women and children

• Dramatics
 Finalist in UTV Bindass Street play competition held in Mumbai, judged by Rakeysh OmPrakash Mehra in 2009
 2nd position in “Atkeliyan-annual national level skit competition” at IIT Kanpur in 2007
 3rd position in Culrav, a national level Main Play competition at MNNIT Allahabad in 2007
• Organized Passion’13, an annual inter B-school Management cum Cultural Fest, held at IMT Ghaziabad in 2013
• Co-ordinator of Dramatics event in “Encore” – a national level cultural festival of IET Lucknow in 2008
• Training & Placement Representative of the batch at IET Lucknow during 2005-09

Achievements and Awards:
• Finalist in Neetishastra – a national level Inter B-school Consulting event held at IIM Indore in 2013
• Winner at Boardroom – a national level Inter B-school Consulting event held at Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, New Delhi in 2015
• Winner in ADZAP – MAD ADS event during Passion’14, an inter B-school event held in IMT Ghaziabad
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GRE 1: Q165 V150
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
HI

Educational
12th - 91 %

Work Ex:

3 years in India - L &T Construction . 2 years as a planning engineer and one year in the project management office.

Extra Curricular

Additional

Send PM
Expert Reply
abhishek6390 wrote:
HI

Educational
12th - 91 %

Work Ex:

Extra Curricular

Additional

Hi there--- thanks for your post; you have a solid career path to date, but all things considered, at least based upon the limited info shared here, I would worry that you could 'blend in' with a lot of INSEAD applicants with similar backgrounds, careers, GMAT scores etc. So based upon that assessment, I'd say a) brainstorm a LOT to try to identify what life stories, professional & personal, you feel make you interesting and have shaped you, that you can showcase through the application in the hopes of standing out via your stories, and b) consider applying to some additional schools/back up options too. Good luck either way.
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
divyabhtyagi wrote:

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Xth- 84.4%
XIIth – 84.4%
TOEFL- Yet to take

Work Exp :
International Experience
Awards and Recognition:

Volunteer Experience:

• Dramatics

Achievements and Awards:

Great that you've got an extensive resume, as detailed here... lots of details to showcase to INSEAD. I'm not fully clear on whether you're currently still involved in any community work, which would be a small plus, side note. Overall as I've mentioned elsewhere, successfully gaining admission for a 2nd MBA can be quite tough, as you are effectively taking a place from someone else who does not already have any form of an MBA, so your profile really has to be stellar. And you need to make that case, as you've started here, for why you do need that 2nd MBA. It does sound like you have strong and relevant experience to bring to the table. You'll just need to make that case as mentioned and also the case for how the MBA will help you with immediate next steps that, say, you couldn't do without this additional MBA. To be honest I'd prefer an even higher GMAT just given how competitive it can be in your situation too. So think hard and try to speak with some INSEAD students/alum who have gone for the 2nd MBA, keep getting advice, ensure it's right for you, and then start working on shaping that story.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
test

Originally posted by Nikozi999 on 28 Oct 2017, 22:30.
Last edited by Nikozi999 on 20 Feb 2019, 13:21, edited 1 time in total.
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Nikozi999 wrote:

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Age - 29
Xth- 84.26
XIIth – 79.24%
Undergrad- 72% ( Mumbai University)
Post-graduation – PGDM Tier 2 School.
GMAT- Yet to take ( Hopefully should manage 700)

Post MBA Goals: I wish to continue in CPG/FMCG sector preferably with an MNC in a global role.
a. Better MBA experience - Diversity, pedagogy focussed for an international role.
b. Change of work location

Work Exp :
Currently working as a Senior Manager. Close to 6 years of sales experience across multiple states/regions in India managing completely diverse teams.
• Managing a team of 4 Managers and total team size of 60 people. Driving an annual sales turnover of $ 38 Mn. Managing business for one of the biggest territories for my company in terms of geography as well as volume. My experience is out and out sales experience across CPG/FMCG companies.

Awards and Recognition:
Tons of them, Probably 10-12 Awards/another 7-8 certificates, one of the youngest promoted to this role.

Extra-Curricular Activities: Lots of it. Mentioning a few.
• National level Sports Player
• Certified Open water SCUBA Diver by PADI
• Scholarship by Sports Authority of India for excellence
• Multiple awards by School for excellence in Sports.

Volunteer Exp - Not much barring a few blood donation camps/ working as a writer for blind students during graduation.

Some questions which I have - 1) Would that GMAT score be enough?
2) My company would mostly give me an international role in next 7-8 months ? Should I wait for that take up a year of international experience and then apply
or would I be wasting time
3) I have already done a PGDM would that affect my chances.
4) Overall evaluation of my profile. Things which I could work upon in the next 1 year to make it stronger. Was thinking of applying for R1 in Mar2018 for Jan 2019 intake.

Hello,

It sounds like you've accomplished a lot professionally, and been involved and active. It sounds like one weakness at the moment is the lack of community involvement. Also I'm not sure if you've had much international experience or exposure which is important to INSEAD. And then the GMAT is unknown. But I think your professional record will help and I wouldn't rule out a shot at INSEAD, especially if GMAT goes well. To your specific q's:

1) Would that GMAT score be enough?
Tough to say; it could be but 700 is also a score level at which there are a LOT of applicants, so any additional points would surely help! Aim to do your best no matter what.
2) My company would mostly give me an international role in next 7-8 months ? Should I wait for that take up a year of international experience and then apply
Interesting; it depends upon how badly you wish to start school and how soon.... I would think international experience would be an additional plus, as would getting involved in something in the community. But if you wanted to try this year knowing next year is plan B, I could also see that option as valid. Or you could look at INSEAD Jan entry as deadlines may in fact be after you have that international role perhaps??

or would I be wasting time
3) I have already done a PGDM would that affect my chances.
You need to establish how the MBA will still benefit you and your career, differentiating it from that PGDM.

4) Overall evaluation of my profile. Things which I could work upon in the next 1 year to make it stronger. Was thinking of applying for R1 in Mar2018 for Jan 2019 intake
Ah, so you ARE considering Jan intake as I mentioned... though March 2018 is only 4-5 months away, not 1 year! ;) But as mentioned above, community & international experience, plus the applications/essays/GMAT, are the things that stand out to me that you can work on.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hello, Everybody,

I would be really glad to hear your feedback about my profile. I would like to apply for MBA at INSEAD starting in September 2018.

Current age: 30
Work experience:
- Various roles (Sales, Project management, Supply Chain, Mergers and Acquisitions) within leading aero-engine manufacturer. I have managed to deliver quantifiable deliverables in each of my roles - including a $2bn of benefits in my current role. Worked in Germany and UK
- Total approx. work experience at time of application ~6 years

Education:
B.A (Bulgaria/Germany, merit) Business Management and M.Sc (Singapore, top of the class) in Supply Chain Management

Other:
Started own business in UK, distributing an innovative supplement. Established supply chain for the product and launched with major retailers. Achieved break-even in 2 yrs
Partner in an infrastructure project for development of new airport in Bulgaria. Engaged and negotiated with investors form Asia, created the business plan for the project
Advisor at a start-up for chatbot technology
Contributing for charity organisation helping African businesses
Launched Leadership Programme for high school students in Bulgaria
Six Sigma Green Belt Certified, Project Management in Practice certificate

Race/nationality: White / Bulgarian
Sex: Male
GMAT Score: 650

Goal of MBA: Launch own business. In short-term, join a VC to get exposure to start-up culture and practices
Target Schools: INSEAD, Cambridge, Oxford

Thank you in advance for your time and support!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
Hi Experts,
Can you please evaluate my profile?I would like to apply for INSEAD Sep 2018intake.

Back ground:31 year old Indian Male
Education: BE Mechanical.
GPA:3
GMAT Score:770(Q50,V46,IR8,5) (First attempt)
Domain:Software Engineer
Experience:10 years

Job description:
Current role:
I have worked with 2 different IT Companies over 10 years. My role has always been technical and though I have been in position to guide team members, help prepare delivery plans etc., officially I have never held a management position.
Of the 10 years, I have spent more that 6 years out of India in 3 countries on 3 different continents (New Zealand, Indonesia and Switzerland). I have worked on telecom related projects with more than 6 clients from different parts of the world.

Professional Achievements:
1) Consistently received good feedback. Have been awarded Valuable Team Player award a few times.

Extracurricular:
A couple of times I have joined with friends to collect donations. I personally donate to an NGO supporting education.
While in Europe I took Skiing lessons
I am an avid traveler.

International Exposure:
Professional:6 years. 1 year in New Zealand, 3 months in Indonesia and 5 years in Switzerland.

(Some more background.I am not sure whether this will be of any use!)
I have studied in average schools and average engineering college. Though I studied mechanical engineering, during campus selection, I was selected in a software firm. I have been working in the field since.

Short Term and Long Term Goal is to move into a management position with Telecom Company and eventually settle into Asia region.
Schools I am considering: INSEAD, HEC Paris, IESE

Thanks,
Vratesh
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  70   
Moderator:
MBA Admissions Consultant
3701 posts