Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 12:03 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 12:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Vibranture
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hello IAMUTD20,

I see good leadership experiences in both of your jobs and also happy to note international experience studying and working in the US.
Your Masters in Supply Chain from UMich (Go Blue!) is also a nice addition and will help differentiate you.

The 720 on GMAT, though not great, might be adequate for INSEAD if the other parts of your application are strong. I have helped several Indian applicants make into INSEAD, so I'm commenting from that perspective.

Your big challenge would be to write strong and reflective essays that showcase your strengths and bring out various dimensions of your personality.

If you want to talk to me personally, feel free to email me at mail@vibranture.com :)

I'm including the following articles for your help

How do business schools evaluate your profile
https://vibranture.com/articles/how-scho ... rofile.htm

Top 5 ways to build profile for MBA applications
https://vibranture.com/articles/build-pr ... ations.htm

Good luck!

IAMUTD20 wrote:
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile for INSEAD Jan 2021 intake.

Background -

Age 29
GMAT 720 - Q50/V38

Education:

Undergrad in Mechanical Engineering (Non IIT/NIT, 2.73/4)
Masters in Supply Chain from University of Michigan

Work Experience: Total 7 years

Job 1 - Manufacturing Start-Up, launched in 2012
Grew the company to more than 120+ employees with 59 products. Led multiple projects during this time in Marketing/Operations domain. Sold the start-up after five years. The entire client base during this time was based out of India while the suppliers were based out of China. Expanded the business across the country by setting up a logistics and warehouse network in 12 different states in India.

Job 2 - Pathways Operations Manager, Amazon
Worked for two years at Amazon in US after my Masters. Led teams of more than 500 associates and 8 managers. Led a bunch of projects, both on a site level as well as network level. Also, helped launch sites in Canada, remotely through US. Led the biggest Peak at Amazon last year, promoted 3 Tier 1's to Area Managers and 1 Area Manager to Operations Manager. Have been the acting Senior Operations Manager for last four months, with official promotion set for Q3. Have led Kaizen workshops and multiple projects across network level to save more than $500K to the site, with the estimated savings > $5M with improvement projects in implementation phase across other sites in the network.

Extracurriculars -

- VP of non-profit Keyan - school, shelter and food for under-privileged - from 2012-2017. Primary role was to raise funds through marketing campaigns and procurement of daily necessities and setting up operations.
- Career Coach at University of Michigan
- Masters Liaison for Tech Club at University of Michigan

Why MBA/Post MBA - Want to enhance my strategic skills to transition to Management Consulting Post MBA
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi folks

Background -

Age 33
GMAT 710 - Q47/V40

Education:

Undergrad in Business Administration with distinction (University of Toronto, 3.43/4)
business school leadership award, innovation award and UofT leadership award

Work Experience: Total 10 years

Job 1 - 4 years Graduate Finance Leadership program, Royal Dutch Shell
Rotational program working in accounting in finance roles. Led multiple cost saving initiatives saving the company over $3 MM. Rotations include Accountant to the Heavy Oil Leadership Team and the Country Chair (Shell's CEO in country).

Job 2 - Operations Analyst, Plains Midstream Canada
Finance, planning and analysis to the EVP Operations for the entire corporation. Led the budgeting and planning activities for all head office functions. Developed and managed financial models for electricity pricing and hedging, cost benefit analysis. Developed and managed capital budget plan for over $2 billion in capital expenditures over 5 years

Job 3 - Business Development Representative, Energy Transfer
Responsible for all commercial and economic development for new gas processing and pipeline projects. Developed all project economics, financial statements and PP decks for greenfield development. Successful Final Investment Decisions (FID) for $300 MM gas processing complex and successful FID on $70 MM pipeline system developments

Extra-curriculars:
8 years in the National Guard attaining Sgt rank
Domestic operations for flood relief and COVID-19
Volunteered at Homeless Center

Was the President and Founder of the Business school undergraduate consulting association in my senior year. Director of Events for the accounting society in my junior year amongst many other contributions to my university.

Why MBA/Post MBA - transition from fossil fuel corporate development into renewables finance
Intern
Intern
GPA: 2.87
Send PM
Hello guys,

I have been thinking of my current profile strength for INSEAD MBA program.

I am from Egypt, 29 years old, lots of leadership roles (through AIESEC and extracurricular activities, leading 200+). 9 years of work experience (and leadership in the work environment) in Technology/SaaS/Artificial Intelligence (multi-national companies Oracle/MSFT) and leading European startups regionally), international exposure through doing business across 10+ countries, but academically low GPA (2.8/4) and not the best person for exams as GMAT/SAT..etc. I am not so optimistic about getting 680-700, I have been away from tests/exams for the past 9 years. I have applied for Jan 2021 class a few weeks ago.

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi experts! Would be grateful for an honest review of my profile chances (planning to apply for Sep 21 / Jan 22 intake) -

1. Indian Male 26 year-old based in Dubai, GMAT 730(V 40, Q 49, 96th percentile)

2. Education:
1) Bachelors in Business Statistics (University Rank 1)
2) Chartered Accountant (Country-level rank: Top 50 among ~150k exam takers)
3) CFA (All 3 levels cleared - can apply for the Charter if it is worth it for apps- some advice on this would be valuable)

3. Certifications:
1) Adv Dip in Management Accounting (CIMA, UK)
2) Business Analytics (HBS Online)
3) SQL Bootcamp (Udemy)
4) Fundamentals of Digital Marketing (Google Digital Garage)

4. Languages: English, Hindi, German (A2)

5. Professional Work Experience:
1) 1+ yrs with leading tech startup in Dubai in Strategic Finance - financial modeling, forecasting, analytics, cost optimization (working closely with colleagues from 15 nationalities)
2) 4 years with 2 leading CPG companies in India (1 F500 & other part of big Indian conglomerate group) - different functions within finance (audit, fp&a, reporting, brand finance), 2 promotions, managing 1 qualified management accountant direct report, delivered multiple cost optimization projects (won Best Cost savings initiative award), 2 other awards for different projects that led to strong financial achievement, part of transformation projects, conducted cost-saving workshops and MS Excel trainings at manufacturing locations for shop floor staff
3) 2 years with a Big 4 audit firm (audit associate as a part of Chartered accountant course) - Led audit engagements independently, received an award

6. Extra-curriculars:
1) Running (several half marathons - have suffered from asthma since childhood)
2) Blogging & group management (15 + finance-related blog posts for finance pages with ~250k readership as well as a software provider's website), Manager of a LinkedIn group with ~10k members
3) Associated with an NGO involved in teaching underprivileged kids through interactive learning techniques
4) Salsa dancing (learnt for over 2 years, passed level 1 exam conducted by ISTD, UK)

7. International exposure: 1+ year working in Dubai with cross-cultural team, 4 years elementary school in the US, Worked with international teams on transformation projects while at F500 company in India

8. Post-MBA Goals: Top tier consulting or investment banking for few years, then back to industry in strategy + finance leadership roles
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: MBA and Beyond
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [1]
Given Kudos: 80
Shantanu: Sharma
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE:Other (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi KedKal

Great work on the profile there and I would say INSEAD is a great pick when it comes to Consulting as a post-MBA goal. As per the recent employment statistics, INSEAD placed 35% of the candidates in the consulting sector across the globe. You can learn more about it here: https://intheknow.insead.edu/employment ... im=country

Overall, your profile looks like a good mix of perceptive insights, academics, ability to contribute, leadership skills and multi-cultural adaptability (the things that INSEAD looks for in an application).

What’s going to matter most in your application is how you connect the experiential dots and build a great story to stand out from other applicants in the pool.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma, INSEAD MBA’17
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Schedule a free session
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525
Call: +49-15212121641
Linkedin

KedKal wrote:
Hi experts! Would be grateful for an honest review of my profile chances (planning to apply for Sep 21 / Jan 22 intake) -

1. Indian Male 26 year-old based in Dubai, GMAT 730(V 40, Q 49, 96th percentile)

2. Education:
3) CFA (All 3 levels cleared - can apply for the Charter if it is worth it for apps- some advice on this would be valuable)

3. Certifications:
3) SQL Bootcamp (Udemy)

1) 1+ yrs with leading tech startup in Dubai in Strategic Finance - financial modeling, forecasting, analytics, cost optimization (working closely with colleagues from 15 nationalities)
2) 4 years with 2 leading CPG companies in India (1 F500 & other part of big Indian conglomerate group) - different functions within finance (audit, fp&a, reporting, brand finance), 2 promotions, managing 1 qualified management accountant direct report, delivered multiple cost optimization projects (won Best Cost savings initiative award), 2 other awards for different projects that led to strong financial achievement, part of transformation projects, conducted cost-saving workshops and MS Excel trainings at manufacturing locations for shop floor staff
3) 2 years with a Big 4 audit firm (audit associate as a part of Chartered accountant course) - Led audit engagements independently, received an award

6. Extra-curriculars:
2) Blogging & group management (15 + finance-related blog posts for finance pages with ~250k readership as well as a software provider's website), Manager of a LinkedIn group with ~10k members
3) Associated with an NGO involved in teaching underprivileged kids through interactive learning techniques
4) Salsa dancing (learnt for over 2 years, passed level 1 exam conducted by ISTD, UK)

7. International exposure: 1+ year working in Dubai with cross-cultural team, 4 years elementary school in the US, Worked with international teams on transformation projects while at F500 company in India

8. Post-MBA Goals: Top tier consulting or investment banking for few years, then back to industry in strategy + finance leadership roles
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Send PM
Hi nitzomoe,

Overall, your profile looks like a good mix of perceptive insights, academics, ability to contribute, leadership skills and international motivation (the things that INSEAD looks for in an application).

25% of the class has over 7 years of experience. You can read more about the class profile here: https://www.insead.edu/master-programmes/mba

INSEAD is a great pick if you want to transition to renewables finance where you can leverage Impact Investment Deep Dive during the program , in which the MBA students get to evaluate social businesses all around the globe, in partnership with PE firms and Cartier. It is a great platform for you to network with Impact Investors and various PE firms. There are various conferences that keep happening, which you can definitely use for your advantage. For eg. 'The Force for Good Conference', which happened in 2018. You can read more about it here: https://knowledge.insead.edu/blog/insea ... good-10751

And like I said, your profile is strong, but in the end it’s all going to depend on how well you connect the dots and tell a story that makes you stand out in the pool of applicants.
May I ask, which round are you going for, now that we are very close to the Round 2 deadline?

Schedule a free session
Linkedin

nitzomoe wrote:
Hi folks

Background -

Age 33
GMAT 710 - Q47/V40

Education:

Undergrad in Business Administration with distinction (University of Toronto, 3.43/4)
business school leadership award, innovation award and UofT leadership award

Work Experience: Total 10 years

Job 1 - 4 years Graduate Finance Leadership program, Royal Dutch Shell
Rotational program working in accounting in finance roles. Led multiple cost saving initiatives saving the company over $3 MM. Rotations include Accountant to the Heavy Oil Leadership Team and the Country Chair (Shell's CEO in country).

Job 2 - Operations Analyst, Plains Midstream Canada
Finance, planning and analysis to the EVP Operations for the entire corporation. Led the budgeting and planning activities for all head office functions. Developed and managed financial models for electricity pricing and hedging, cost benefit analysis. Developed and managed capital budget plan for over $2 billion in capital expenditures over 5 years

Job 3 - Business Development Representative, Energy Transfer
Responsible for all commercial and economic development for new gas processing and pipeline projects. Developed all project economics, financial statements and PP decks for greenfield development. Successful Final Investment Decisions (FID) for $300 MM gas processing complex and successful FID on $70 MM pipeline system developments

Extra-curriculars:
8 years in the National Guard attaining Sgt rank
Domestic operations for flood relief and COVID-19
Volunteered at Homeless Center

Was the President and Founder of the Business school undergraduate consulting association in my senior year. Director of Events for the accounting society in my junior year amongst many other contributions to my university.

Why MBA/Post MBA - transition from fossil fuel corporate development into renewables finance
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Send PM
Oh, and yes I forgot to mention that a German certificate is an amazing advantage that you have, as you will not need to slog those hours in a language class in such a tightly packed schedule ;)

Cheers!

KedKal wrote:

2. Education:

3. Certifications:
3) SQL Bootcamp (Udemy)

6. Extra-curriculars:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
Thanks for the feedback Shantanu!

MBAnBConsulting wrote:
Hi KedKal

Great work on the profile there and I would say INSEAD is a great pick when it comes to Consulting as a post-MBA goal. As per the recent employment statistics, INSEAD placed 35% of the candidates in the consulting sector across the globe. You can learn more about it here: https://intheknow.insead.edu/employment ... im=country

Overall, your profile looks like a good mix of perceptive insights, academics, ability to contribute, leadership skills and multi-cultural adaptability (the things that INSEAD looks for in an application).

What’s going to matter most in your application is how you connect the experiential dots and build a great story to stand out from other applicants in the pool.

Cheers!
Schedule a free session
Linkedin

KedKal wrote:

2. Education:

3. Certifications:
3) SQL Bootcamp (Udemy)

6. Extra-curriculars:

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello all,
Would be grateful if you could evaluate my chances for getting into INSEAD and suggest what all areas i can improve on.

Qualifications: MBBS from indian college (not very well renowned college though)
Employment history: 1)Worked 4 years in India as a medical doctor
2)Moved to Singapore, worked for 1.5 years as a research assistant in a well renowed hospital
3) worked for 6 months in a pharma company
4) Registered a medical company as director in Singapore with husband and started a GP clinic in the heartland of singapore managing all the work necessary to start up and run a clinic expect seeing patients as i am not registered to practice in singapore.
My duties included right from renting the place to forming the company logo,designing floor plan for clinic, clinic website,arranging medicine supplies, contacting insurance companies to get their contracts, managing salary and company finance etc. So all in all i was working as an Admin, HR, Finance, marketing, sales personnel all together.
Relocated clinic to new place due to low profit in first one,licensed 2nd clinic in the new location,profit was ok but not great as expected so shut down clinic 2 as well.
Intention to Join INSEAD: To understand what went wrong,and restart a new venture with more informed and educated decision post MBA.
Languages spoken: English, Hindi,Marathi, conversational Mandarin, Basic french.
Countries visited apart from Singapore: Malaysia,Vietnam, Cambodia,Hongkong,Macau Phillipines,Thailand,Indonesia.
GMAT: Yet to appear(Can suggest approximate target as per my profile)

Thanks.

Posted from my mobile device
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Expert Reply
digidoc wrote:
Hello all,
Would be grateful if you could evaluate my chances for getting into INSEAD and suggest what all areas i can improve on.

Qualifications: MBBS from indian college (not very well renowned college though)
2)Moved to Singapore, worked for 1.5 years as a research assistant in a well renowed hospital
4) Registered a medical company as director in Singapore with husband and started a GP clinic in the heartland of singapore managing all the work necessary to start up and run a clinic expect seeing patients as i am not registered to practice in singapore.
My duties included right from renting the place to forming the company logo,designing floor plan for clinic, clinic website,arranging medicine supplies, contacting insurance companies to get their contracts, managing salary and company finance etc. So all in all i was working as an Admin, HR, Finance, marketing, sales personnel all together.
Relocated clinic to new place due to low profit in first one,licensed 2nd clinic in the new location,profit was ok but not great as expected so shut down clinic 2 as well.
Intention to Join INSEAD: To understand what went wrong,and restart a new venture with more informed and educated decision post MBA.
Languages spoken: English, Hindi,Marathi, conversational Mandarin, Basic french.
Countries visited apart from Singapore: Malaysia,Vietnam, Cambodia,Hongkong,Macau Phillipines,Thailand,Indonesia.

Thanks.

Hi,

Many entrepreneurs get into business schools. I'd like to know what you plan on doing post-MBA from INSEAD? Are you planning to be on the management side?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi,
Yes i am planning to be on the management side.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi digidoc,

First of all, a good profile there. It’s a good mix of perceptive insights, academics, ability to contribute, leadership skills and international motivation (the things that INSEAD looks for in an application). The fact that you are a doctor with entrepreneurial experience is definitely a cherry on top and will help you in setting your application apart.

I can absolutely relate to the hiccups that you faced in your entrepreneurial journey, as I experienced the same while running my first startup back in 2015, and they constituted a major part of my application. Your intention to join INSEAD clearly seems valid.

Looking at your profile, , considering the small pool of applicants, and taking into account your nationality, I believe that a GMAT score of 700 and above should be good be good enough for you in the current situation.

Cheers!
Schedule a free session
https://gmatclub.com/chat: +65-97158525
Linkedin

digidoc wrote:
Hello all,

Thanks.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 46
GPA: 3.63
Send PM