Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 18:29 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 18:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: MBA and Beyond
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [1]
Given Kudos: 80
Shantanu: Sharma
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE:Other (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39 (Online)
GPA: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi Gaurav,

That's great! R3 deadline is 1st July. You have 36 more days to go. Hope you have already started compiling your application. Feel free to Schedule a call with us for a detailed discussion.

Cheers!
Shantanu

nsaharan1990 wrote:
MBAnBConsulting wrote:
Hi nsaharan1990

Firstly, nice profile there! And INSEAD is a great school when it comes to Consulting as a post-MBA goal. Consulting Sector constituted 35% new hires and 16% returnees in 2019.
Your profile is a good mix of ‘Ability to contribute, Leadership skills, International motivation, and Academics’ (aspects that INSEAD looks for in an applicant). However, you would need to have clarity on what are the gaps in your profile that an MBA from INSEAD would fill and help you achieve your goal.

With a GMAT score of 730, I see a good chance for you to make it to INSEAD. What’s going to matter most in your application is how you connect the experiential dots and build a great story to stand out from other applicants in the pool.

May I ask, which intake and round are you eyeing?

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma, INSEAD MBA’17
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Schedule a free session
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525
Call: +49-15212121641
Linkedin

nsaharan1990 wrote:
I'd like to kindly request you a profile evaluation on my candidacy for INSEAD. Below are the details:

Nationality- Indian
Residence - United Kingdom
Gender- Male
Age - 29
Grad- 75% (Bachelors in Management Studies, Mumbai University)
GMAT- 730 (Q50, V39, IR 5) [This is the online GMAT score so no AWA but in my last 2 GMAT attempts I scored 8 on IR and 5.5 on AWA]

Post MBA Goals:
Short Term : MBB Consulting
Long Term: Leading strategy for a company at a global level

Work Exp : 9 years with the largest Market Research firm in the world (experience spread across India, Poland and United Kingdom)
- 3.5 years in India : I joined the firm straight out of college and worked with a CPG giant as my client (>$15 Billion in revenue). I took up the leadership for a category within 6 months in the role and got 2 promotions in a span of 3.5 years. Also, managed a team of 3 associates during the time and became the training lead for the department.
- 2 years in Poland : I had to pick between staying back in India and moving to a more people manager role or moving to Europe and managing international clients. I was more passionate about client consulting so chose global mobility option and helped my client double its innovation success rate.
- 3.5 years in Oxford/London, UK - This is my most recent role and I have led projects for 2 of the biggest CPG clients and helped them with revenue management for their portfolio. I helped a $150 Million brand achieve 15% revenue growth in the US and a $50 Million brand make a successful entry into the mass market by helping them optimize their pricing. I also lead a team of 4 associates with focus on helping the company achieve a digital transformation.

Awards and Recognition :
- Achieved global mobility early in the career (4 out of 150 associates received this opportunity and I was the youngest).
- Received 15 simply excellent awards and 2 Growth superstar awards for unlocking new revenue opportunities for the company.
- Received the highest performance rating in 6 out of 8 appraisals.

Extra-Curricular Activities:
- Contributed to marketing efforts of an Oxford based charity helping people with learning disabilities find employment.
- Captained my college's Table Tennis team in University matches. Currently, I represent my local club in lawn tennis tournaments.
- Enthusiastic about travelling and photography. Used to be the photography lead for company's CSR activities.

Hi Shantanu,

Thanks for your feedback.

I am looking at the Jan 2021 intake (would like the internship option as I am looking for a career change).

Kind Regards,
Gaurav
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44 (Online)
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Originally posted by Blissfullll on 26 May 2020, 19:57.
Last edited by Blissfullll on 27 May 2020, 01:45, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Given Kudos: 132
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Blissfullll wrote:
How much does INSEAD value McKinsey BAs who are eligible for an MBA sponsorship? I have 2.5 years of experience only and am wondering if that is compensated by the management consulting background.

Posted from my mobile device

You should ask in your office for advise, probably you have a great number of Mck alumni that also did INSEAD (if not in your office check others).
From my outsider understanding, company-sponsored or not, both are equally considered, back in the days the sponsored ones were charged a higher fee (so the firm was paying more for it) but I do not think that INSEAD would choose anyone based on that they would make more money, now I believe there is no difference.

2.5 years in Mck is a standard experience to apply, at least it was 5-10 years ago (I can only talk from my ex-Mck colleague's cases). I guess that may depend on what you have done before if you have been in longer internships at the firm or somewhere else would be easier. If you just have been 2.5 years as a BA, no prior experiences and you are 24-25 years old you better be top of your class (as you will compete with other Mck candidates with more stripes).

Regards,
Pablo
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
Send PM
Hi - would really appreciate an analysis of my profile as well. Below is my profile - I am keen to look at marketing and/or strategy studies oriented MBA programmes. Need help with shortlisting colleges - my preference is towards 1 - year programmes like the one at ISB Hyderabad, but open to other programmes too. Thanks!

I am 26 years old female candidate and come from a communication and marketing background with work ex of 4 years. Graduated from University of Delhi with BA Hons in Journalism, where I studied several subjects like political science, economics, international relations, print, radio and TV journalism, and marketing and advertising, besides others.

From there on, got interested in marketing and studied at the Indian Institute of Mass Comm for a PG Diploma in Advertising and PR.

I have 4+ years of work experience, including a currently ongoing 2+ year stint at a leading international airline where I am responsible for consumer marketing portfolio.

Here are my scores:
10th Std - 85.4%
12th Std (Science) - 77%
Graduation - 75.25%
PG Diploma - 72.05%
GMAT (expected, yet to take the exam) - 690-710

I was awarded the Public Relations Society of India (PRSI) Award in 2016; and was nominated by my firm for a 30 Under 30 Industry Award. I have worked with a Delhi based NGO working in the space of emotional education of children for about 1-1.5 years. I also have a lot of internships at college level with organizations like Indian Express and BBDO (ad agency). During my graduation and the PG Diploma, I have worked on several live projects like documentary film-making, authoring original dissertations and seminar papers, radio programmes, ad film-making, and an award-winning capstone project for a leading Indian Home Care brand.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Expert Reply
KaumudiT wrote:
Hi - would really appreciate an analysis of my profile as well. Below is my profile - I am keen to look at marketing and/or strategy studies oriented MBA programmes. Need help with shortlisting colleges - my preference is towards 1 - year programmes like the one at ISB Hyderabad, but open to other programmes too. Thanks!

I am 26 years old female candidate and come from a communication and marketing background with work ex of 4 years. Graduated from University of Delhi with BA Hons in Journalism, where I studied several subjects like political science, economics, international relations, print, radio and TV journalism, and marketing and advertising, besides others.

From there on, got interested in marketing and studied at the Indian Institute of Mass Comm for a PG Diploma in Advertising and PR.

I have 4+ years of work experience, including a currently ongoing 2+ year stint at a leading international airline where I am responsible for consumer marketing portfolio.

Here are my scores:
10th Std - 85.4%
12th Std (Science) - 77%
Graduation - 75.25%
PG Diploma - 72.05%

I was awarded the Public Relations Society of India (PRSI) Award in 2016; and was nominated by my firm for a 30 Under 30 Industry Award. I have worked with a Delhi based NGO working in the space of emotional education of children for about 1-1.5 years. I also have a lot of internships at college level with organizations like Indian Express and BBDO (ad agency). During my graduation and the PG Diploma, I have worked on several live projects like documentary film-making, authoring original dissertations and seminar papers, radio programmes, ad film-making, and an award-winning capstone project for a leading Indian Home Care brand.

Hi Kaumudi,

Firstly, your professional experiences are most important in an application, followed by your extra curricular pursuits. Internships don't matter as much and generally are not placed upon the resume also. So in effect, I would need more details about your 4 years work experience.
Going by INSEAD's admission criteria, your leadership ability and international orientation are important. Do fill me in on these as well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
Send PM
Hi Namita - Thanks for the reply.

I am currently working with a leading international airline group as part of their Consumer Marketing team. I lead the planning and execution aspects of the brand's social media marketing strategy in India, and besides that I also play a very critical role in the BTL Marketing Strategy development and execution in the country. My role requires me to work very closely with teams based out of Europe and Singapore - and in that sense I have more than 2.5 years of experience working in a cross-cultural and global environment. As part of this role, I have the opportunity to work on several brand marketing projects like development of the global brand strategy and creatives, development of the India-specific brand communication strategy, executing brand and marketing campaigns, etc.

Before my current job, I was working for a leading American Public Relations agency - Edelman India. Therein, I have worked on Corporate Communication and Reputation management mandates of several brands like Royal Dutch Shell, British Council, AG&P and others. In this role as well I have worked extensively with teams based out of different geographies.

More on this https://www.linkedin.com/in/kaumuditiwari/

Let me know if I should more specific details. Thank you!

MBADecoder wrote:
KaumudiT wrote:

Here are my scores:
10th Std - 85.4%
12th Std (Science) - 77%
Graduation - 75.25%
PG Diploma - 72.05%

Hi Kaumudi,

Firstly, your professional experiences are most important in an application, followed by your extra curricular pursuits. Internships don't matter as much and generally are not placed upon the resume also. So in effect, I would need more details about your 4 years work experience.
Going by INSEAD's admission criteria, your leadership ability and international orientation are important. Do fill me in on these as well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 2.87
Send PM
Hi All,

I am 29 years old from Cairo and currently living in Dubai. Can you please have a look into my profile?

Work Experience:
9 years of work experience, in all roles I had the chance to lead a team (directly lead/small numbers - and bigger numbers dotted report to me).
I am in Solution Sales, Business Development and Strategy for Customer Experience and AI platforms.
Currently Country Leader for Middle East & Africa for a European AI and data science platform.
Had MNC experience too (American technology multinational) and got promoted in 1 year.

Extracurricular Activities & International Exposure:
I had 6.5 years of extracurricular activities (4 years during school) and 2.5 years after graduation (in AIESEC, the biggest youth organization in the world);
Created new university societies and facilitated internships for 50+ students.
Led total of 200+ people and mentored 20+ during my extra-curricular tenure across various roles.
Worked and travelled across 10+ countries (since I am sales I travel a lot between countries to meet enterprise customers).

Scores/Education:
Computer Science from a public university (not the fanciest university in the country but popular)
Not the best GPA, 2.8 out of 4 since was working during studying.
2-year Stanford program for Entrepreneurship & Innovation (online 12 courses).
GMAT yet to be done.

Post-MBA Goals:
Step 1: plan A: Get into MBB; plan B: work in a strategy role in Salesforce/Amazon/Google
Step 2: Do my own B2C startup

Please let me know what do you think about the profile fitment. Many thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi Abdelsalam,

I would say INSEAD is a great pick when it comes to Consulting or technology as a post-MBA goal. As per the recent employment statistics, 35% of the candidates got placed in the consulting sector and 18% in Tech, Media and Telecommunication across the globe. You can learn more about it here: https://intheknow.insead.edu/employment ... im=country

INSEAD evaluates your potential based of the following criteria:
1. Ability to contribute
2. Leadership skills
3. International motivation
4. Academics
Your profile is a good mix of ‘Ability to contribute, Leadership skills and International motivation’. For your GPA (Academics), you can always use an optional essay to explain your situation. Your experience of working along with earning your college degree can build a great story and make you stand out in the pool of applicants. However, you would need to have clarity on what are the gaps in your profile that an MBA from INSEAD would fill and help you achieve your goal.

With a good GMAT score, I see a good chance for you to make it to INSEAD.

May I ask, which intake and round are you eyeing?

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma, INSEAD MBA’17
Schedule a free session
Linkedin

Abdelsalam wrote:
Hi All,

I am 29 years old from Cairo and currently living in Dubai. Can you please have a look into my profile?

Work Experience:
9 years of work experience, in all roles I had the chance to lead a team (directly lead/small numbers - and bigger numbers dotted report to me).
I am in Solution Sales, Business Development and Strategy for Customer Experience and AI platforms.
Currently Country Leader for Middle East & Africa for a European AI and data science platform.
Had MNC experience too (American technology multinational) and got promoted in 1 year.

Extracurricular Activities & International Exposure:
I had 6.5 years of extracurricular activities (4 years during school) and 2.5 years after graduation (in AIESEC, the biggest youth organization in the world);
Created new university societies and facilitated internships for 50+ students.
Led total of 200+ people and mentored 20+ during my extra-curricular tenure across various roles.
Worked and travelled across 10+ countries (since I am sales I travel a lot between countries to meet enterprise customers).

Scores/Education:
Computer Science from a public university (not the fanciest university in the country but popular)
Not the best GPA, 2.8 out of 4 since was working during studying.
2-year Stanford program for Entrepreneurship & Innovation (online 12 courses).
GMAT yet to be done.

Post-MBA Goals:
Step 1: plan A: Get into MBB; plan B: work in a strategy role in Salesforce/Amazon/Google
Step 2: Do my own B2C startup

Please let me know what do you think about the profile fitment. Many thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 39
Send PM
Kudos

Originally posted by Billburr on 17 Jun 2020, 08:03.
Last edited by Billburr on 25 Jun 2021, 15:44, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
shwetabharti wrote:
Request experts to evaluate my profile

Indian Female
Qualifications: PGDIM from NITIE Mumbai (CGPA 8.33)
Undergrad : Birla Institute of Technology ( CGPA -7)

Work Experience (Duration, Role, Company, Industry) : 3.2 years of work-ex , Supply chain manager (Demand & Supply planner), Alco-bev Industry)

GMAT Score : 690(Q48 v 36)

Interested in: Full-time MBA (INSEAD,LBS, IE,IESE,HEC PARIS and Top 10 US Schools

Geography / Class Start Year preference: Europe,UK and US (Sep 2021 intake)

What makes my profile unique?

1) I work in a French MNC , where I handle a very international profile . I have to liaise/ Coordinate with my counterparts from 11 different countries . They are from all across the globe (US, Scotland, France , Sweden ,Australia etc.) . Also my international profile takes me around the globe with international business travels so i have a pretty good idea of how international businesses are run.

2) I come from a place called Dhanwar , a small village from Jharkhand state . It is a place where we still struggle for basic needs like electricity . So coming from a village , you can say that I am a first generation female college goer . My father always aspired to give me good education and because of the lack of proper schools in the village , My parents sent me into a government boarding school at the age of 8 , where 100 students are selected through state level competitive exams . I think being on my own at a young age especially in my growing and formative year has made me the self confident and self assured person that I am today.

3) Also while growing up I did not have any one to aspire to in my village and there were clearly a lack of female role models . After being lucky to have received education and gone to college , I realize that it is my responsibility to educate and give career guidance to little girls for whom with a good nudge sky is the limit . I run free coaching classes for girls in my village with the help of my father , where we give them basic education and teach them how to dream . A lot of little girls see me as there model because as per them i have been living a dream with corporate job in the city but at the same time i always have this obligation in the back of my head that i have to keep doing better and better in my life so that my little girls have someone to aspire to.

4) I am a very good performer at the company, where I have got an Exceeds Expectation rating in my 1st ever appraisal . Nature of my job is such that I have to interact with multiple stakeholders and each one of them can vouch for my due diligence in work and the ownership that I take in whatever I do.
I have already done a post graduate course in Industrial management from NITIE, my CGPA is 8.33 . I am an engineer as well from Birla Institute of Technology Mesra , one of the best engineering colleges in India with almost ~99%ile rank in AIEEE.

5) I have always been a believer in giving to societies and raising awareness of social Issues . During my engineering I self took up a project on "Jharia coalfire - a Jharia mine that has been burning since past 100 years' ' due to mishandling of mines by big mining organizations . I visited the villages around to interrogate the life of locals and what the government is doing . I had interview with multiple CMPDI officers and was able to highlight issue at global scale . my paper and suggestions were published in Global virtue ethics review Journal published by the University of Texas.
I think the above points give a crux about my profile. There are multiple other things that i can write . Let me know if more detail is needed for evaluation

Below are my queries

Do I need to retake the GMAT at a 690 score? My target schools are INSEAD,LBS, IE,IESE , HEC PARIS and other top 10 US b-schools
what are other schools you might suggest considering my score and profile?
Is the difference between a 690 and 720 is very significant for b-schools? I really want to apply in round 1 applications giving me only 2-3 weeks to retake my exam. I might not significantly improve my score .

Hi Shweta,

Let me evaluate your profile from the perspective of INSEAD, LBS, IESE, HEC et al.

GMAT: While 690 can get you into all the above schools, a 720 would definitely make a difference and improve your chances for INSEAD & LBS where the average GMAT is above 710. However, your essays and how you shape your application matter more than the single GMAT score

Work experience: 3.2 is on the slightly lower end for schools like INSEAD but perfect for US b-schools

Other schools you might apply to: Depends on the geography and the kind of career you're considering post your MBA. Maybe you could add some more info around your career goals.

Other aspects: I really like how you've described your story. If you can translate that into your essays and structure them to the the questions asked by each of these b-schools, I don't see why you won't be successful. Let me know if you have any further questions or feel free to PM me for any clarifications.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi shwetabharti

First of all, you've got a great profile there. And I absolutely love the education initiative you started with your father. You should definitely highlight the same with examples and experiences in your B-School application.

1. Ability to contribute
2. Leadership skills
4. Academics

I clearly see a good mix of all 4 in your profile there. Considering the unprecedented situation we all are facing right now, I see a fair chance for you to make it to INSEAD with a score of 690. What’s going to matter most in your application is how you connect the experiential dots and build a great story to stand out from other applicants in the pool.

I'd be happy to suggest a list of schools based on your profile, however, it would be great if you could suggest your post-mba goals. That will help me understand what you are really looking for in a B-school to bridge the gaps in your profile.
For eg. If 'Impact' were your post-MBA goal, I'd strongly suggest you to look into SAID (Oxford) which is a great school for people who want to use business degree for social good.

If you'd like, I am happy to hop on a call sometime this weekend to discuss your chances for all your target schools. Feel free to book my calendar as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma,
Schedule a free session
Linkedin

shwetabharti wrote:
Request experts to evaluate my profile

Indian Female
Qualifications: PGDIM from NITIE Mumbai (CGPA 8.33)
Undergrad : Birla Institute of Technology ( CGPA -7)

Work Experience (Duration, Role, Company, Industry) : 3.2 years of work-ex , Supply chain manager (Demand & Supply planner), Alco-bev Industry)

GMAT Score : 690(Q48 v 36)

Interested in: Full-time MBA (INSEAD,LBS, IE,IESE,HEC PARIS and Top 10 US Schools

Geography / Class Start Year preference: Europe,UK and US (Sep 2021 intake)

What makes my profile unique?

1) I work in a French MNC , where I handle a very international profile . I have to liaise/ Coordinate with my counterparts from 11 different countries . They are from all across the globe (US, Scotland, France , Sweden ,Australia etc.) . Also my international profile takes me around the globe with international business travels so i have a pretty good idea of how international businesses are run.

2) I come from a place called Dhanwar , a small village from Jharkhand state . It is a place where we still struggle for basic needs like electricity . So coming from a village , you can say that I am a first generation female college goer . My father always aspired to give me good education and because of the lack of proper schools in the village , My parents sent me into a government boarding school at the age of 8 , where 100 students are selected through state level competitive exams . I think being on my own at a young age especially in my growing and formative year has made me the self confident and self assured person that I am today.

3) Also while growing up I did not have any one to aspire to in my village and there were clearly a lack of female role models . After being lucky to have received education and gone to college , I realize that it is my responsibility to educate and give career guidance to little girls for whom with a good nudge sky is the limit . I run free coaching classes for girls in my village with the help of my father , where we give them basic education and teach them how to dream . A lot of little girls see me as there model because as per them i have been living a dream with corporate job in the city but at the same time i always have this obligation in the back of my head that i have to keep doing better and better in my life so that my little girls have someone to aspire to.

4) I am a very good performer at the company, where I have got an Exceeds Expectation rating in my 1st ever appraisal . Nature of my job is such that I have to interact with multiple stakeholders and each one of them can vouch for my due diligence in work and the ownership that I take in whatever I do.
I have already done a post graduate course in Industrial management from NITIE, my CGPA is 8.33 . I am an engineer as well from Birla Institute of Technology Mesra , one of the best engineering colleges in India with almost ~99%ile rank in AIEEE.

5) I have always been a believer in giving to societies and raising awareness of social Issues . During my engineering I self took up a project on "Jharia coalfire - a Jharia mine that has been burning since past 100 years' ' due to mishandling of mines by big mining organizations . I visited the villages around to interrogate the life of locals and what the government is doing . I had interview with multiple CMPDI officers and was able to highlight issue at global scale . my paper and suggestions were published in Global virtue ethics review Journal published by the University of Texas.
I think the above points give a crux about my profile. There are multiple other things that i can write . Let me know if more detail is needed for evaluation

Below are my queries

Do I need to retake the GMAT at a 690 score? My target schools are INSEAD,LBS, IE,IESE , HEC PARIS and other top 10 US b-schools
what are other schools you might suggest considering my score and profile?
Is the difference between a 690 and 720 is very significant for b-schools? I really want to apply in round 1 applications giving me only 2-3 weeks to retake my exam. I might not significantly improve my score .
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 333
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: HBS '21 ISB'22
WE:Other (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Demographics: 28 years old, Female, Indian
non engineering background

Education:
• Undergrad: bachelor in banking and insurance from a top university in my country. GPA 4 (10th 82% , 12th 81% , BBI- overall 69% )
• Post Graduate diploma course in banking operations
GMAT: will appear

Work Experience (Total 6+ years)
• Total 5.4 years of worex in retail banking and insurance customer service (client facing role/front desk role) .1.9 years in ICICI bank , 3.5 years of experience in HSBC retail banking ( started my role as customer service officer in retail banking got promoted after 1.8 months titled as premier services manager and handled premier customers globally).

At present - Left banking job to pursue my own passion and fulfill my aim.
1)Building my ethical & eco friendly fashion clothing brand which encourages 3Rs- reduce ,reuse ,recycle ( I also provide clothes on rent at affordable prices to encourage everyone to avoid one time clothing purchase which most buyers don't even plan to wear for more than one event) to bring massive shifts in reducing the textile waste (textile waste is second largest pollutant in the world) and save our environment as well as ourselves from harmful chemicals .My goal is to encourage CONSCIOUS CONSUMPTION .
2)Provide jobs to help our economy grow and help people maximise their living standards in harmony with nature . Currently I have 10 people working under me .We also provide training to unskilled workers in our field to earn a good living . Planning to expand my business in a way so that more people connect and earn an extra income globally.

Leadership and Extracurricular Activities:
• Won global hearts award for excellent customer service from HSBC global head and other several work related awards.
• Represented my region in national level CHESS competition and won gold medals in CHESS.
• Won beauty pageant (held in my region/locality)
Took part in many events (almost all in my entire life - school /college ), won awards in art /creativity ,converting waste into useful products,drawing,banking related activities/ideas .
I was part of women development cell in college . Also won medals in chess in college sports events .
have helped my organisation organise HELPING HAND MELA which comes under CSR .HHM includes sales of handicraft items made by rural /urban women under various NGO under branch premises .

Other:
• NISM - demat certified (certification will expire )
• IRDA certified - (INSURANCE REGULATORY AND DEVELOPMENT ACT ,India)
• I teach underprivileged students for free and help people to create mental balance in their lives and be at their best .

Post MBA goal: I want to explore my capabilities and open more firms (entrepreneurship ).The idea behind the firms would be conscious consumption and curbing environmental damage at individual level .
In case I don't get any innovative idea to open new firm that generates employment and contribute to society /world then I would want to gain some experience in finance sector to explore what more kind of financials reforms in financial products can be brought to manage current financial market structures differently .

Essay: Will focus on how being a defence kid (my dad was in army ) helped me develop my personality and make stronger bonds in different states of India. I wish to generate employment,safeguard environment and encourage others to join hands and make a better world (equity ).

schools: INSEAD ,HEC ,HBS (Please suggest me other schools which are in sync with my aim)

Points of concern:
• GMAT score – I am aiming for 750 (working hard to get that score)
• Financial background – I am not sure what category retail banking fits in because our role is always a mix of customer service. I haven't visited abroad but I have handled clients globally (helped me make strong personal and professional connections with amazing people , CEO of top companies and several others (globally )who know me personally -of course I can't disclose but proud to build a relationship and converse with them directly) and have helped them choose right banking products as per their needs (whether they want to set up business, invest money , their children's education ). Does this count in international experience ?
• LOR - I am confused about LOR . one of my senior managers with whom I had worked can give LOR , Should I ask for LOR from my client? Who else is authorised to give LOR?
Do I have to show any document to show my business.

Many thanks!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Vibranture
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hi gmatway,

I'm an MBA Admissions Consultant at Vibranture India and happy to address your concerns. :)

Your profile seems quite interesting, especially your fashion brand start-up and a few aspects of your extracurriculars.

Having top Indian bank names on your CV is a good start :) but your work ex will be evaluated more in terms of the leadership displayed and the impact achieved.
I recently worked with an Indian applicant who also had retail banking experience, but from the technology side and we were able to get her into both INSEAD and LBS with scholarship. I think you also have a good shot at top schools - IF you are indeed able to score 750+ on GMAT and your essays and career goals answers are able to highlight your distinctiveness and present your case convincingly.

To address your points of concern:

Yup, you would need to get that kind of score if you wish to join top schools such as HBS, INSEAD, LBS etc.

• Financial background – I am not sure what category retail banking fits in because our role is always a mix of customer service. I haven't visited abroad but I have handled clients globally (helped me make strong personal and professional connections with amazing people , CEO of top companies and several others (globally )who know me personally -of course I can't disclose but proud to build a relationship and converse with them directly) and have helped them choose right banking products as per their needs (whether they want to set up business, invest money , their children's education ). Does this count in international experience?
Yes, it could count as international experience, but it needs to be conveyed properly across your application - in essays, CV as well as Letters of Reco.
My recent client was also in a similar situation. She had worked with international teams but all based in India, so we had to figure out ways to leverage that to highlight her global mindset and diversity.

• LOR - I am confused about LOR . one of my senior managers with whom I had worked can give LOR , Should I ask for LOR from my client? Who else is authorised to give LOR?
The most preferred option is your current boss- but in your case, that is ruled out. So, yes you can ask a client - but they should have worked with you close enough to objectively comment on your performance. You can ask past manager/s and / or team leads and explain the reasons in the optional essay.

It would be good to have the company registered and basic proof. But you don't need to submit anything with the application.
These details might be required when the school conducts background check after giving you an admission offer :)

I'd be happy to talk in greater detail. Feel free to email me at mail@vibranture.com.

Here is a review from one of my recent admits.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/post2481221.html#p2481221

gmatway wrote:
Demographics: 28 years old, Female, Indian
non engineering background

Education:
• Undergrad: bachelor in banking and insurance from a top university in my country. GPA 4 (10th 82% , 12th 81% , BBI- overall 69% )
• Post Graduate diploma course in banking operations
GMAT: will appear

Work Experience (Total 6+ years)
• Total 5.4 years of worex in retail banking and insurance customer service (client facing role/front desk role) .1.9 years in ICICI bank , 3.5 years of experience in HSBC retail banking ( started my role as customer service officer in retail banking got promoted after 1.8 months titled as premier services manager and handled premier customers globally).

At present - Left banking job to pursue my own passion and fulfill my aim.
1)Building my ethical & eco friendly fashion clothing brand which encourages 3Rs- reduce ,reuse ,recycle ( I also provide clothes on rent at affordable prices to encourage everyone to avoid one time clothing purchase which most buyers don't even plan to wear for more than one event) to bring massive shifts in reducing the textile waste (textile waste is second largest pollutant in the world) and save our environment as well as ourselves from harmful chemicals .My goal is to encourage CONSCIOUS CONSUMPTION .
2)Provide jobs to help our economy grow and help people maximise their living standards in harmony with nature . Currently I have 10 people working under me .We also provide training to unskilled workers in our field to earn a good living . Planning to expand my business in a way so that more people connect and earn an extra income globally.

Leadership and Extracurricular Activities:
• Won global hearts award for excellent customer service from HSBC global head and other several work related awards.
• Represented my region in national level CHESS competition and won gold medals in CHESS.
• Won beauty pageant (held in my region/locality)
Took part in many events (almost all in my entire life - school /college ), won awards in art /creativity ,converting waste into useful products,drawing,banking related activities/ideas .
I was part of women development cell in college . Also won medals in chess in college sports events .
have helped my organisation organise HELPING HAND MELA which comes under CSR .HHM includes sales of handicraft items made by rural /urban women under various NGO under branch premises .

Other:
• NISM - demat certified (certification will expire )
• IRDA certified - (INSURANCE REGULATORY AND DEVELOPMENT ACT ,India)
• I teach underprivileged students for free and help people to create mental balance in their lives and be at their best .

Post MBA goal: I want to explore my capabilities and open more firms (entrepreneurship ).The idea behind the firms would be conscious consumption and curbing environmental damage at individual level .
In case I don't get any innovative idea to open new firm that generates employment and contribute to society /world then I would want to gain some experience in finance sector to explore what more kind of financials reforms in financial products can be brought to manage current financial market structures differently .

Essay: Will focus on how being a defence kid (my dad was in army ) helped me develop my personality and make stronger bonds in different states of India. I wish to generate employment,safeguard environment and encourage others to join hands and make a better world (equity ).

schools: INSEAD ,HEC ,HBS (Please suggest me other schools which are in sync with my aim)

Points of concern:
• Financial background – I am not sure what category retail banking fits in because our role is always a mix of customer service. I haven't visited abroad but I have handled clients globally (helped me make strong personal and professional connections with amazing people , CEO of top companies and several others (globally )who know me personally -of course I can't disclose but proud to build a relationship and converse with them directly) and have helped them choose right banking products as per their needs (whether they want to set up business, invest money , their children's education ). Does this count in international experience ?

Many thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all -

Long term lurker, and figured I'd post an profile eval for Sept 21 intake.

Early 30s, male, 1st generation American, TCK, grew up abroad, speak english + french fluently/native.

Education:
High School in Europe
top 60 US liberal arts college (1st year)
top 25 US university (final GPA ~2.8) - varsity sports team

Work experience:
2 fairly high profile/unique policy/political internships
US presidential campaign
~4 years at a SIFI/SIB's policy/political shop
~3.5 years at a global B2B FI & owning a revenue-driving vertical

GMAT: 650
(Currently studying to take it again)

Essays + Recs will be top notch
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi sfa499,

1. Ability to contribute
2. Leadership skills
4. Academics

I see a hint of 1 and 3 in your profile based on whatever you have shared. Your experience with US preseidential campaign and that of owning a revenue-driving vertical will definitely give you an edge. However I would really need to understand more details from you in order to evaluate your profile evaluation:
1. Your post-MBA goals
2. Your leadership experience
3. Impact you have brought with your work
4. When are you reappearing for GMAT and what score are you aiming for?

If you'd like, I am happy to hop on a call sometime this week to discuss your chances in further detail. Feel free to book my calendar as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma,
Schedule a free session
Linkedin

sfa499 wrote:
Hi all -

Long term lurker, and figured I'd post an profile eval for Sept 21 intake.

Early 30s, male, 1st generation American, TCK, grew up abroad, speak english + french fluently/native.

Education:
High School in Europe
top 60 US liberal arts college (1st year)
top 25 US university (final GPA ~2.8) - varsity sports team

Work experience:
2 fairly high profile/unique policy/political internships
US presidential campaign
~4 years at a SIFI/SIB's policy/political shop
~3.5 years at a global B2B FI & owning a revenue-driving vertical

GMAT: 650
(Currently studying to take it again)

Essays + Recs will be top notch
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All

Please Evaluate my Profile for Application to INSEAD.

Background
1. Age 28
2. GMAT: 720 V39, Q49

3. Education: Bachelor's in Engineering in Telecommunication (Top 30 colleges India). MBA in Marketing & Operations (Top 10 Colleges India)

Work Experience: 4 years
Pre MBA
Job 1: US based IT Company. Role: Software Developer, Location India
Post MBA
Job 2: US based Operations Company, Role: Assistant Manager: Program and Strategy, Location: India
Job 3: India Based Unicorn Startup, Role: Assistant Manager: Strategy and Operations (Sales & Pricing), Location: India

I have exposure of working with clients from over 20 countries.
I have been a part of a 4 month exchange program in France. Traveled to 10+ countries solo.

Reason for 2nd MBA: It was this international experience that changed my perspective and why I wish to pursue a career in an International Setting. Learning from new cultures and people excites me.
Post MBA role aspiration: Strategy and Consulting Role in Process Transformation

Looking forward to hearing from you

Thanks
Sid
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Good day all, Requesting you to please evaluate my Profile & advise on GMAT score I should target as yet to give.

Background: 35YO Indian Male
College: DCE (India) First Division
Industry: Oil & Gas Subsea Construction
Work Exp. : 10 years Total; Recruited in Singapore thereafter Indonesia, China, India (2 Promotions in 3 Years)
Change Company & move to Dubai, Saudi, Qatar & relocated to the UK within the Company (3 Promotions in 6 Years)
Department worked in: Subsea Field Operations, Marine Operations, Project Management, Fabrication & Project Marine Estimation (Bid)
GMAT: Yet to give
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  38   39   40   41   42   43   44  ...  70   
Moderator:
MBA Admissions Consultant
3701 posts