Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 13:18 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 13:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
INSEAD Profile Evaluation

Hi,
Here is my profile for INSEAD.

Academics:
X= 60%
XII = 68%
Bachelors of Engineering = 72%
Award = National Level award in Robotics

Test Score:
GMAT: 730

Professional:
Honeywell (Engineer- Oil and Gas Domain): 7.1 years, operations, commercial estimation, led team of 15 people, 20+ projects
Startup (Founder - Lean Management Consulting) : 2 years, led team of 7 people, 4 clients
Awards: 3 awards at Honeywell

Extra Curricular Activities:
CSR activities: 5 years (led team of 4 people, 6 projects)
Emergency Response Team member - 4 years
World Economic Forum: 4 years (led team of 35 diverse people, 4 projects)

Certifications:
Six Sigma Green Belt
Six Sigma Masters in Program Management
CFA Institute's Investment Foundations Program
PGPM (online) from IMT Ghaziabad, India
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi rawajit,

You have got an amazing profile. We have recently helped a candidate with a 730 score in the Oil & Gas domain get admitted to Insead for the next intake. Your stats are pretty amazing (with a 4 on 4 in undergrad) for Insead and I am pretty sure 7 years of job experience and 2 years of startup experience can bring a lot of good stories and so, a strong narrative for your application. And, as I can see you have won awards too at your job plus a national award. Your ECs are great and seem to exhibit strong leadership and international experience (as I may assume for your experience of Global World Forum). Also, you have a robust quantitative experience through so many certifications (especially PGPM certification from a top-notch b school in India).

So, overall a great profile. I would advise you to really do good comprehensive research on Insead and its values to exhibit how you contribute to its community and vision. Also, I would want to know your post-MBA goals to better evaluate your fit for Insead and other top-notch schools. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call sometime this week to discuss your work experience, career goals, and chances to some good schools in detail. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg
Community Manager, MBA and Beyond

On behalf of
Shantanu Sharma, INSEAD alumnus
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Schedule a free session
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525
rawajit wrote:
INSEAD Profile Evaluation

Hi,
Here is my profile for INSEAD.

Academics:
X= 60%
XII = 68%
Bachelors of Engineering = 72%
Award = National Level award in Robotics

Test Score:
GMAT: 730

Professional:
Honeywell (Engineer- Oil and Gas Domain): 7.1 years, operations, commercial estimation, led team of 15 people, 20+ projects
Startup (Founder - Lean Management Consulting) : 2 years, led team of 7 people, 4 clients
Awards: 3 awards at Honeywell

Extra Curricular Activities:
CSR activities: 5 years (led team of 4 people, 6 projects)
Emergency Response Team member - 4 years
World Economic Forum: 4 years (led team of 35 diverse people, 4 projects)

Certifications:
Six Sigma Green Belt
Six Sigma Masters in Program Management
CFA Institute's Investment Foundations Program
PGPM (online) from IMT Ghaziabad, India

Originally posted by MBAandBeyond on 08 Aug 2020, 04:05.
Last edited by MBAandBeyond on 08 Aug 2020, 04:53, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38 (Online)
GPA: 3.16
Send PM
Hi everyone, could anyone help evaluate my profile for a shot at INSEAD.

Profile:
Nationality: Pakistan (Might be an underrepresented nationality)

Undergrad: Bachelors in Science (Honors) - Major (Accounting and Finance) - 3.2 GPA (Lahore University of Management Sciences)

GMAT: 700 (Q48, V38, IR 4) - Online GMAT Hence no AWA

Work Experience: 3 Years
1 Year in a Burgeoning Startup Attempting to Create Livelihood for Local Farmer Population
2 Years in Friesland Campina as Assistant Manager Sales and Operational Planning
-Joined as a Management Trainee, to be promoted to full time at the above role in January 2021.
-Main Charges:
1. Forecasting Sales of Company's Portfolio and Creating Lifting Plans for Primary Sales
2. Analyzing Retail Data to Develop Sales Strategies
3. Creating Trade Strategies to maximize monthly sales.
4. Scheduling Movement of Stocks to ensure Regional Demand is met on a monthly basis.

Awards: Topped Country in Additional Mathematics in IGCSE Exams

Co-Curricular: None - however a documented creative streak (write my own blog and have self published a small novella describing life in University, also delivered a University Level Talk on Video Game Addiction)

Internships: Multiple Local as well as Single International Internship in China at an International Accounting/Tax Firm

Letters of Recommendation: Planning on getting 2 from Directors at Pakistani OPCO's of Multi National Companies who I've worked with previously.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thinking about the four criteria for INSEAD we have leadership, contribution, academics, International orientation.

You have light work experience and I can see your duties but I'm interested to know if you have any hard hitting results. If you are applying as a younger candidate they want to see that you have gotten *hit done hopefully at the organization level. Recs need to be powerful telling those stories... is it something you can demonstrate through the start-up ?

I am concerned that you don't have any data points listed here in terms of contribution I do like the creative interests is good but they really want to know that you're going to be someone who is actively contributing to the student body taking part in international days and that kind of stuff and someone who is going to throw their hand up to be an interviewer as an alum down the road. So think hard about ways to demonstrate that you are someone who is a Pay It Forward mentality person and is willing to invest in community.

In terms of academics I would say that 700 is really a bit low...and if gpa is lowish that must be higher... you would be to have some really strong offsetting entries to make up bit of ground on that front. Get a tutor?

You might try your luck on a mock GRE and see how that comes out because 700 is really not very competitive for US schools, and at European schools you're too young to really be that competitive without having a strong compelling story involving impact and Leadership.

That said you might consider HEC and IESE with a 700.

I like that you have an internship in China and so that's helpful but you would need to really show how that's part of a broader picture (goals) and how you want to have an international career in a Asia and how INSEAD would be indispensable to achieve it.. it's not enough as a standalone.

Sorry if this is disappointing just want to save you the time of applying prematurely... it's a huge application... I think you just need to dial in your story get clear on your impact and have a more competitive test score.

fasih96

fasih96 wrote:

Profile:

Undergrad: Bachelors in Science (Honors) - Major (Accounting and Finance) - 3.2 GPA (Lahore University of Management Sciences)

1 Year in a Burgeoning Startup Attempting to Create Livelihood for Local Farmer Population
2 Years in Friesland Campina as Assistant Manager Sales and Operational Planning
-Joined as a Management Trainee, to be promoted to full time at the above role in January 2021.
-Main Charges:
1. Forecasting Sales of Company's Portfolio and Creating Lifting Plans for Primary Sales
4. Scheduling Movement of Stocks to ensure Regional Demand is met on a monthly basis.

Co-Curricular: None - however a documented creative streak (write my own blog and have self published a small novella describing life in University, also delivered a University Level Talk on Video Game Addiction)

Internships: Multiple Local as well as Single International Internship in China at an International Accounting/Tax Firm

Letters of Recommendation: Planning on getting 2 from Directors at Pakistani OPCO's of Multi National Companies who I've worked with previously.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38 (Online)
GPA: 3.16
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Thinking about the four criteria for INSEAD we have leadership, contribution, academics, International orientation.

You have light work experience and I can see your duties but I'm interested to know if you have any hard hitting results. If you are applying as a younger candidate they want to see that you have gotten *hit done hopefully at the organization level. Recs need to be powerful telling those stories... is it something you can demonstrate through the start-up ?

I am concerned that you don't have any data points listed here in terms of contribution I do like the creative interests is good but they really want to know that you're going to be someone who is actively contributing to the student body taking part in international days and that kind of stuff and someone who is going to throw their hand up to be an interviewer as an alum down the road. So think hard about ways to demonstrate that you are someone who is a Pay It Forward mentality person and is willing to invest in community.

In terms of academics I would say that 700 is really a bit low...and if gpa is lowish that must be higher... you would be to have some really strong offsetting entries to make up bit of ground on that front. Get a tutor?

You might try your luck on a mock GRE and see how that comes out because 700 is really not very competitive for US schools, and at European schools you're too young to really be that competitive without having a strong compelling story involving impact and Leadership.

That said you might consider HEC and IESE with a 700.

I like that you have an internship in China and so that's helpful but you would need to really show how that's part of a broader picture (goals) and how you want to have an international career in a Asia and how INSEAD would be indispensable to achieve it.. it's not enough as a standalone.

Sorry if this is disappointing just want to save you the time of applying prematurely... it's a huge application... I think you just need to dial in your story get clear on your impact and have a more competitive test score.

fasih96

fasih96 wrote:

Profile:

-Main Charges:

Posted from my mobile device

Thank you for taking the time out to get back to me in a very comprehensive manner no less. I'll try and best answer the questions you've asked as well.
Before doing so however, I understand my chances are a bit limited with my current standing and my primary goals are actually in countries such as AUS, Canada and Singapore however I do want to atleast try my hand at some top US and European universities even if I get rejected down the line I can apply again when i have a better profile. I have a typical list made with some dream universities, some hopeful ones and then a few that i feel a bit more confident since I'm well above in terms of median GMAT and close in terms of GPA as well. I hope that's a good approach going into applications?

Some detail would help here in terms of work experience.
2018 - Mandi Express Pvt Ltd (eCommerce Portal connecting farmers producing fresh produce to consumers)
Primary Responsibilites:
1-Handling Website Operations and Backend from Customer Service to Completion
2-Designed Marketing and Pricing Protocols for new Vendors

While I could honestly host a list of achievements here my primary duties were simply to ensure that the front end and backend of the website was functioning properly as any problem resulted in business loss. My primary achievement was the role I played in acquisition of a massive eCommerce account that basically put the startup on the map - I was responsible for designing the pricing mechanism that we were using with the acquired account.

Mid 2019 Till Date - Friesland Campina Engro Pakistan
Primary Achievements:
1-Reduced OOS from a higher limit of 15 OOS days to a target of 5 OOS days for Value Brands (Brands driving Productivity Growth)
2-Demand and Supply Alignment to achieve growth of 16% in Volume base from 2018-2019 over a 300mn annual Volume Base
3-Responsible for Ongoing Digital Revitalization of Demand Forecasting (Ongoing - involves migrating from a manual forecasting system to an entirely digital solution)
4-Responsible for annual Corporate Planning

My referrers will also likely attest to the same achievements as above.

Creative Outlets:
1-University Blog - I used to contribute weekly to university literature and as stated earlier I wrote a small book describing the typical struggles of a university student back in Pakistan
2-Public Speaking - Delivered a talk on Video Game Addiction in collaboration with the Psychology Club in University.
3-Community Contribution - I have a strong sense of community in general, while it's definitely hard to document such instances because a lot of what I've often done is more informal however whichever University I am to be a part of will find that I'm among those who will often go well beyond the line of duty to contribute to anything either the university or the student body might require.

I understand that my application is weak and my career is in its infancy as well but that is precisely why I want to apply for an MBA. My interests lie in Marketing and Data Analytics and as it stands there is a lack of appreciation or work on generating Strategic Insights for growth on a national level in my home country. I want to get in a room with the individuals that will likely be accompanying me in this MBA journey and learn from them and be able to take that learning to wherever I join. My aim would be to start a Career in Marketing or Strategy with my primary interests being in Consumer Products or in Consumer Technology - that too preferably in the country where i graduate.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Back ground:29 year old Indian Male

Education:
1. school grades - 92,94 (10th,twelth) was the school topper
2. Btech - 70% - lower ranked university
3. MBA -IIM kashipur - ranked top 20 in the country
4. CF - 2 levels, planning to complete before joining .

( i have certifications like CAIIB and JAIIB - which are specific to Indian banking sector)

GMAT Score:760 taken
Domain: Banking (now)

Experience:

Pre MBA -
28 months in IT (banking and retail)

Post MBA - 1 year as a management trainee in a prestigious company (banking and retail)

(at the time time of admission) - 2.5 years at Reserve bank of india (contains high amount of social prestige, highly competitive exam for admission
200 admitted out of 200,000 applicants every year)
Job description:

Current role:
- The central bank is a regulator and also sets the monitory policy - One of the 2 Managers heading the GST cell at RBI. A PAN India Single point of contact for all GST- RBI transactions. Manage GST receipts of all Govt offices centrally at Mumbai RO. Liasion with 28 collecting Agency banks and Accounts offices of all the 29 states, 7 UTs and the Central Govt.

There is a high level interaction with various c-suite members from private banking sector.

Previous role:
Management trainee - Rotational leadership program

Professional Achievements:
1) Won 3 case study national and regional levels during MBA
2) Interested in crowd sourcing so - regular contributor on mind sumo and other platforms.

Extracurricular:
1. College - Football from undergrad, post grad and now playing with local clubs.
2. Worked with various NGOs focusing on mental health over last 3 years - (i was born with adhd and mild dyslexia and wasn't diagnosed till 22),hence the interest
in mental health
3. I run a blog about banking - gets around 60k views every month.

International Orientation - I have spent a couple of months travelling

Motivation behind second MBA -
I already have an MBA - I have been working in the government sector and I want to transition back to the private sector - RBI being a regulator has limited scope int
the private sector - the roles i am being offered generally related to compliance - I feel an MBA would help me reset - I am looking at banking related opportunities in the middle east so i feel insead is a good fit here)

Planning to apply for Jan batch 2022
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi JE90,

Your profile looks great. Starting with your stats, your high school, your undergrad, and your GMAT are very competitive. Also, you have done a few courses and CFA and MBA from a highly reputed college, so, academically, you are an outstanding performer. Now coming to your work experience, it seems great. You should capitalize on your experience at RBI because you have exhibited leadership and impact there. Also, you have interacted with various c-suite position holders, it would be very impressive to bring the learnings you have had from these people. But, coming from an over-represented group, you need to bring a very strong story.

What makes your profile more unique are your extracurriculars and your personal experiences. Running a blog with 60k+ views is in itself a big achievement and gives an insight into a bold leader in you. Also, your hobbies and your community services are very unique and I am sure you can bring good stories out of these. Your reasons for doing a second MBA make sense but I would advise you to bring a greater role of Insead in the picture. And I think for this to do, you need to research the school very comprehensively and if possible, try to interact with alumni and current students of Insead. The most important aspect of your candidacy is how you connect all the dots and build an amazing story. You are welcome to hop on a call with us and brainstorm your chances at the program together. Feel free to book our calendar as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg

On behalf of
Schedule a free session
JE90 wrote:
Back ground:29 year old Indian Male

Education:
1. school grades - 92,94 (10th,twelth) was the school topper
2. Btech - 70% - lower ranked university
3. MBA -IIM kashipur - ranked top 20 in the country
4. CF - 2 levels, planning to complete before joining .

( i have certifications like CAIIB and JAIIB - which are specific to Indian banking sector)

GMAT Score:760 taken
Domain: Banking (now)

Experience:

Pre MBA -
28 months in IT (banking and retail)

Post MBA - 1 year as a management trainee in a prestigious company (banking and retail)

(at the time time of admission) - 2.5 years at Reserve bank of india (contains high amount of social prestige, highly competitive exam for admission
200 admitted out of 200,000 applicants every year)
Job description:

Current role:
- The central bank is a regulator and also sets the monitory policy - One of the 2 Managers heading the GST cell at RBI. A PAN India Single point of contact for all GST- RBI transactions. Manage GST receipts of all Govt offices centrally at Mumbai RO. Liasion with 28 collecting Agency banks and Accounts offices of all the 29 states, 7 UTs and the Central Govt.

There is a high level interaction with various c-suite members from private banking sector.

Previous role:
Management trainee - Rotational leadership program

Professional Achievements:
1) Won 3 case study national and regional levels during MBA
2) Interested in crowd sourcing so - regular contributor on mind sumo and other platforms.

Extracurricular:
1. College - Football from undergrad, post grad and now playing with local clubs.
2. Worked with various NGOs focusing on mental health over last 3 years - (i was born with adhd and mild dyslexia and wasn't diagnosed till 22),hence the interest
in mental health
3. I run a blog about banking - gets around 60k views every month.

International Orientation - I have spent a couple of months travelling

Motivation behind second MBA -
I already have an MBA - I have been working in the government sector and I want to transition back to the private sector - RBI being a regulator has limited scope int
the private sector - the roles i am being offered generally related to compliance - I feel an MBA would help me reset - I am looking at banking related opportunities in the middle east so i feel insead is a good fit here)

Planning to apply for Jan batch 2022
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Leadership, Nonprofit
GPA: 3.9
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile.

Profile:
Part of the notoriously over-represented Indian-male-IT background

Background:
Male: 35 Years (this could be a big deterrent for the school)
Nationality: India

Education: 
M.S. Computer Science from US
B. Engineering in IT from India
GMAT: Not taken yet (Target: 700+)
Grad GPA: 3.7/4.0 (MS) 
Equivalent undergrad GPA: 3.9/4.0 (Ranked 2nd in college)

Professional Summary:
All my work experience over 12 years in financial domain has been in US working for big investment banks, boutique firm & hedge fund
Experience in various progressive roles for software engineering
Current leading software development project at a top hedge fund in NY which is saving the firm in over $1m in operational costs

Extra-curricular:
Participated in multiple volunteer projects for NY CARES and a couple for LLS
Team captain for couple of volunteer events at firm which included working with the non-profits and co-ordinating the entire event with the participants at the firm
Held various management roles in multiple non-academic committees in grad. Part of social committees even at work
Chairperson of the ISTE student chapter during undergrad
Organized first-ever intra-college festival for ISTE inviting speakers, organizing workshops during undergrad
Learning Spanish in my free time

International Exposure:
Traveled to 10 countries for personal experience (may not mean much)
Working with teams spanning multiple regions including London, Singapore, Tokyo, India as well working with people at work from different nationalities

Questions:
I want to transition away from technology and move to management consulting.
1) I know my age is on the higher side but I am not at a role in my career where I feel I can go for an EMBA. Will it be possible to convince the AdCom for this?
2) If not INSEAD, are any other schools open to accept older candidates?
3) If it is worth trying, what score should I be targeting in GMAT?
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi dhichawla,

You are older than the usual applicants with a huge 12 years of experience for a full-time MBA. I think being an older applicant, you possess both pros and cons of it and it depends on you how do you capitalize on it. You have a very straight-forward path in one industry, so it will be difficult for you to convince the adcoms for wanting to do a career switch now at this point and not capitalizing on your 12 years of experience. I would rather suggest you connect this vision of yours with your prior career. About convincing the adcoms, I think you first need to convince yourself. Try to answer questions like why not go for EMBA after three-four years (if you see growth in your industry and role)? What are the viable options if you do an MBA now or if you do EMBA after a few years? Also, for older applicants, there is an issue of placing them, so generally, adcoms expect from older applicants to use their own network to get placed. Therefore, a career switch after 12 years may not be the most viable option for you. So, try to analyze all the options. If you'd like, we are happy to hop on a call sometime to discuss your chances further. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Now evaluating your profile, it obviously is great. I can see amazing stats, leadership experiences, your impact on the organization, and some very interesting ECs. You have quite a great international exposure which Insead greatly stresses. Your GMAT target at 700+ seems fair and if you get it, it will anyway makes your job easier. Best of luck for the same!

Cheers!
Kashish Garg

On behalf of
Shantanu Sharma,
Schedule a free session

dhichawla wrote:
Hello,

Profile:

Background:

Education: 

Professional Summary:
All my work experience over 12 years in financial domain has been in US working for big investment banks, boutique firm & hedge fund
Current leading software development project at a top hedge fund in NY which is saving the firm in over $1m in operational costs

Extra-curricular:
Team captain for couple of volunteer events at firm which included working with the non-profits and co-ordinating the entire event with the participants at the firm
Held various management roles in multiple non-academic committees in grad. Part of social committees even at work
Organized first-ever intra-college festival for ISTE inviting speakers, organizing workshops during undergrad

International Exposure:
Working with teams spanning multiple regions including London, Singapore, Tokyo, India as well working with people at work from different nationalities

Questions:
1) I know my age is on the higher side but I am not at a role in my career where I feel I can go for an EMBA. Will it be possible to convince the AdCom for this?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Leadership, Nonprofit
GPA: 3.9
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Thank you Kashish for your quick response. I did schedule a consultation session based on your feedback. Cheers!

MBAnBevaluations wrote:
Hi dhichawla,

You are older than the usual applicants with a huge 12 years of experience for a full-time MBA. I think being an older applicant, you possess both pros and cons of it and it depends on you how do you capitalize on it. You have a very straight-forward path in one industry, so it will be difficult for you to convince the adcoms for wanting to do a career switch now at this point and not capitalizing on your 12 years of experience. I would rather suggest you connect this vision of yours with your prior career. About convincing the adcoms, I think you first need to convince yourself. Try to answer questions like why not go for EMBA after three-four years (if you see growth in your industry and role)? What are the viable options if you do an MBA now or if you do EMBA after a few years? Also, for older applicants, there is an issue of placing them, so generally, adcoms expect from older applicants to use their own network to get placed. Therefore, a career switch after 12 years may not be the most viable option for you. So, try to analyze all the options. If you'd like, we are happy to hop on a call sometime to discuss your chances further. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Now evaluating your profile, it obviously is great. I can see amazing stats, leadership experiences, your impact on the organization, and some very interesting ECs. You have quite a great international exposure which Insead greatly stresses. Your GMAT target at 700+ seems fair and if you get it, it will anyway makes your job easier. Best of luck for the same!

Cheers!
Kashish Garg

On behalf of
Shantanu Sharma,
Schedule a free session

dhichawla wrote:
Hello,

Profile:

Background:

Education: 

Professional Summary:

Extra-curricular:

International Exposure:

Questions:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
Hi everyone.
I would love to get my profile evaluated.

Background:
IT Engineer Male Indian

Education
10th grade : 93%
12th grade: 94.75%
CGPA: 8.6 ( Manipal Institute of Technology)
GMAT: 700

Work Experience:
2 years in Cisco. Worked as a software developer/scrum master for an important Cisco service used in 180 countries and generating an annual revenue of 6 Billion.
3 month Internship in Istanbul: Was stuck there when the military coup took place. Lots of good stories around that.
Founder of a startup in college. Got multiple contracts from various hotels and universities.

Extra- Curricular Activities:
Cisco Intern Ambassador : Point of contact between 240+ Cisco Interns and the management. Worked with them to improve the internship experience.
Vice-President, Indian Society for Technical Education : Led a team of 200+ to organize events in college
Category Head,Technical Fest : Made improvements to the events to improve participation by 50% to 1200 people. Led a team of 100+.
Worked at an NGO (MAD) for 2+ years as a mentor training volunteers. Responsible for the curriculum planning of 14 teachers and overall study schedule of 60+children.
Various performance awards at work.
State-level Swimmer.
Vice-President of my school.

Post MBA goals

Product Management/ Consulting
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi AngadAhuja,

You have got a great profile. Your acads are amazing with a good GMAT score. So, this part is sorted. Coming to your work experience, your role as a scrum master seems interesting and it does give an idea of a good manager. Founding a startup can bring good stories, especially if you have had some success in it and your experience in Istanbul looks very exciting. I can clearly see a mature leader and an impactful person through your ECs and you have some achievements in other areas as well. So, while your work-experience can bring very interesting conversations with adcoms, your ECs help bring out the qualities b-schools look for a candidate. I liked your profile and you have a good shot at Insead and many other good schools.

For your post-MBA goals, most of the candidates in the field of software engineering would want to work as PM in some tech giant. What makes you different? Think over it and make our goals more specific and detailed. The more crucial part of your application is connecting all the dots and bringing out a strong story. Additionally, make sure you bring the narrative of your career in alignment with Insead's values for which you need to do a very comprehensive research of the school. I would advise you to talk to alumni and current students, because that can give you a great insight into the school, it's working, its environment, etc. You are welcome to hop on a call sometime this week to discuss your career goals and chances to some good schools in detail (with an Insead alumnus). Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg

On behalf of
Schedule a free session
AngadAhuja wrote:
Hi everyone.
I would love to get my profile evaluated.

Background:
IT Engineer Male Indian

Education
10th grade : 93%
12th grade: 94.75%
CGPA: 8.6 ( Manipal Institute of Technology)
GMAT: 700

Work Experience:
2 years in Cisco. Worked as a software developer/scrum master for an important Cisco service used in 180 countries and generating an annual revenue of 6 Billion.
3 month Internship in Istanbul: Was stuck there when the military coup took place. Lots of good stories around that.
Founder of a startup in college. Got multiple contracts from various hotels and universities.

Extra- Curricular Activities:
Cisco Intern Ambassador : Point of contact between 240+ Cisco Interns and the management. Worked with them to improve the internship experience.
Vice-President, Indian Society for Technical Education : Led a team of 200+ to organize events in college
Category Head,Technical Fest : Made improvements to the events to improve participation by 50% to 1200 people. Led a team of 100+.
Worked at an NGO (MAD) for 2+ years as a mentor training volunteers. Responsible for the curriculum planning of 14 teachers and overall study schedule of 60+children.
Various performance awards at work.
State-level Swimmer.
Vice-President of my school.

Post MBA goals

Product Management/ Consulting
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Hi Guys,

Would like to get my profile reviewed for INSEAD.

Background:
26, Male, Mechanical Engineer, Indian

Education:
Xth: 9.2
XIIth: 84.3%
Undergrad: 70% (Indraprastha University New Delhi)
GMAT: 680

Work experience: 4 yrs in Healthcare (at present)
1. Started as a graduate trainee in a leading healthcare organization in New Delhi. Directly reporting to the MD of the organization who is an ex-Mckinsey and Kellog alum (Will be getting his recommendation). Got promoted to Deputy manager within a span of 18 months and worked there for ~3 years across different business functions with cross-functional teams and Big4 external consultants extensively.
2. Joined a global leading market research and consulting firm (Tier-2 consulting firm) as part of the healthcare team with international projects in Middle east, Africa and South Asia. Got promoted within 6 months as a consultant.
3. Career trajectory is so far so good imo!

Extra-curricular:
1. Part of dramatics club in school and won competitions (Got certificates)
2. Avid trekker: Undergo trips every year
3. Deep sky photography: Part of astronomy club in high school and still yearn to get that astronomy fix

Post MBA goals:
Short term includes Management consulting for a top tier consulting firm and long term includes C-level role leading the global strategy for a MNC.

Thanks in advance!
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi faroutrj,

Your profile looks great. Starting with stats, I see your GMAT below than the average, while your profile overall is good, 680 for an Indian male engineer may cause some harm to your candidacy. Having said that, we strongly believe Insead is much greater than a score and we have proved that in our past records. So, if you are confident to bring a robust story, gmat would not pose much of a problem. Moving ahead, your career seems quite fast with great international experiences. I believe you should capitalize on your international experience in professional terms as well in terms of a trekker. If you like, you may get an insight into what international experience really means and how can you mold your story accordingly. Your ECs too seem interesting, though it's great if you can exhibit some great leadership experiences through EC or work ex in your profile. I think, for your post-MBA goals, try to be more concrete and capitalize on your prior experience in the health industry. Saying that you want to reach some c-level position is very general and does not make you any distinct from others with similar backgrounds. So, overall you seem to have a fair shot at the school but need more detailing and self-awareness in your profile. If you'd like we are happy to hop on a call sometime this week to discuss your career goals and chances to some good schools in detail. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg

On behalf of

faroutrj wrote:
Hi Guys,

Would like to get my profile reviewed for INSEAD.

Background:
26, Male, Mechanical Engineer, Indian

Education:
Xth: 9.2
XIIth: 84.3%
Undergrad: 70% (Indraprastha University New Delhi)
GMAT: 680

Work experience: 4 yrs in Healthcare (at present)
1. Started as a graduate trainee in a leading healthcare organization in New Delhi. Directly reporting to the MD of the organization who is an ex-Mckinsey and Kellog alum (Will be getting his recommendation). Got promoted to Deputy manager within a span of 18 months and worked there for ~3 years across different business functions with cross-functional teams and Big4 external consultants extensively.
2. Joined a global leading market research and consulting firm (Tier-2 consulting firm) as part of the healthcare team with international projects in Middle east, Africa and South Asia. Got promoted within 6 months as a consultant.
3. Career trajectory is so far so good imo!

Extra-curricular:
1. Part of dramatics club in school and won competitions (Got certificates)
2. Avid trekker: Undergo trips every year
3. Deep sky photography: Part of astronomy club in high school and still yearn to get that astronomy fix

Post MBA goals:
Short term includes Management consulting for a top tier consulting firm and long term includes C-level role leading the global strategy for a MNC.

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by MBAandBeyond on 25 Aug 2020, 10:42.
Last edited by MBAandBeyond on 11 Sep 2020, 04:31, edited 2 times in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
WE:Information Technology (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Hi, could you please evaluate profile for MiM

Work ex :- 1.25 years at the time of applying in an International Bank(IT role)
International Experience :- Work related visit to the UK, current team composed of people from 3 countries.
Undergrad :- Top 20 Engineering School in India, IIT
CGPA :- 7.02/10 (55 percentile)
Voluntary work :- Affiliated with an NGO right now, social work as a part of undergrad.
GMAT : 730, Q50, V40, IR6
Recommendation Letter : From current employer
Sports : National Level Table Tennis Player

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi guys! Cheers in advance for reviewing my profile.

Background:
30, Male, ex. HF PM, Singaporean

Education:
Warwick University, First Class in Economics
GMAT: 720

Work experience: 5 years

1. Two years working on the JPM Asia Equities sales desk in London as an analyst.
2. Half a year working for a boutique asset manager (c50b USD aum) in London as an analyst covering the Chinese internet sector.
3. Two years working for a Korean platform Long Short Equites HF (2B AUM) out of their Singapore office. I was part of the team that helped set up the new office in the country and also ran a 100m portfolio focusing on Chinese IT sector.
4. Started my own Crypto derivatives quant trading system with a friend that is entirely self-financed.

Extra-curricular:
1. Judo team captain in University. Won medals at the university level across numerous competitions
2. Triathlon: competed over many distances including a Half Ironman

Post MBA goals:
Short term includes Management consulting for a top tier consulting firm and hopefully transition into a corp strategy role in EM based e-commerce/social media company.

Thanks so much for your help!
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi dyj921,

Your stats look great overall. For your work experience, I can see some good elements like helping to start a new office and then starting something of your own. But I can not see leadership and big impacts of yours in the organization. Also, I am not able to align your profile, like, you have worked in the finance industry in initial years and then you got started with the crypto trading system and now your post-MBA goals are in some different direction without any connection to either crypto or finance. So, I would like to know more about this. Other than this, your ECs look interesting, and I hope they are not very old. So, overall, try to make your profile more aligned and structured and work on presenting a very unique story. You are welcome to hop on a call with us to brainstorm your chances together.
Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg,

On behalf of,
Shantanu Sharma,
Linkedin
dyj921 wrote:
Hi guys! Cheers in advance for reviewing my profile.

Background:
30, Male, ex. HF PM, Singaporean

Education:
Warwick University, First Class in Economics
GMAT: 720

Work experience: 5 years

1. Two years working on the JPM Asia Equities sales desk in London as an analyst.
2. Half a year working for a boutique asset manager (c50b USD aum) in London as an analyst covering the Chinese internet sector.
3. Two years working for a Korean platform Long Short Equites HF (2B AUM) out of their Singapore office. I was part of the team that helped set up the new office in the country and also ran a 100m portfolio focusing on Chinese IT sector.
4. Started my own Crypto derivatives quant trading system with a friend that is entirely self-financed.

Extra-curricular:
1. Judo team captain in University. Won medals at the university level across numerous competitions
2. Triathlon: competed over many distances including a Half Ironman

Post MBA goals:
Short term includes Management consulting for a top tier consulting firm and hopefully transition into a corp strategy role in EM based e-commerce/social media company.

Thanks so much for your help!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  40   41   42   43   44   45   46  ...  70   
Moderator:
MBA Admissions Consultant
3701 posts