Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:13 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.71
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: Interview Reimbursement [#permalink]
ag111 wrote:
charcb wrote:
ag111 wrote:
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if the interview expenses are reimbursable( air ticket, hotel stay and rental car). If not every college that I may get invited for interview may well exceed 1000 bucks.

Thanks for your responses!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

As far as I am aware, I never heard of any school reimbursing interview expenses.

This is crazy man! Going to B School is definitely a big hole in one's pocket. So if I request for a skype interview will it affect my admit chances? I read somewhere that if you are based in the states and request to go for skype interview it shows your lack of interest in the school. How true is that?

I heard that too. I would say that if you have already visited the school, take the Skype option if money is an issue. If not, make an effort to go in person but the 'official line' is that doing your interview by skype does not affect their decision.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Most schools, including McCombs, will conduct interviews in hub cities (I interviewed in a hub city in CA)... So there's still the chance that you can interview with an adcom or alum in a nearby city and still have an "in-person" interview.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mj800 wrote:
Most schools, including McCombs, will conduct interviews in hub cities (I interviewed in a hub city in CA)... So there's still the chance that you can interview with an adcom or alum in a nearby city and still have an "in-person" interview.

Thanks MJ! I dont remember they asked for location preference during application. Did they gave you options while inviting for interview?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
ag111 wrote:
mj800 wrote:

Thanks MJ! I dont remember they asked for location preference during application. Did they gave you options while inviting for interview?

For McCombs specifically, they give you a few different interview options when you're invited to interview: on campus, skype, alumni (they'll match you with an alum in your area), or at a hub city with an adcom... I just looked at my old email interview invitation and the only hub city in the US happened to be the one here in CA (I guess I lucked out there); the rest of the hub cities are in India, China, and Mexico. I'm not sure if they change the locations they travel to in the different admissions rounds.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 610 Q33 V40
GMAT 2: 690 Q41 V42
GMAT 3: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
ag111 wrote:
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if the interview expenses are reimbursable( air ticket, hotel stay and rental car). If not every college that I may get invited for interview may well exceed 1000 bucks.

Thanks for your responses!

If you're applying for next year try to go to some of the sponsored events such as diversity weekends, etc. Some of the schools will cover the hotel expense. If you submit in round 1 it's probably possible to schedule your interview to coincide with the event. The schedule doesn't always work out but it did at McCombs.

Either way, there's nothing like visiting the campus so do it whenever you can. For example, I loved Austin but couldn't see myself spending 2 years in Atlanta or Chicago...
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived McCombs Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our McCombs Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated McCombs Forum for all fresh things related to the McCombs MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts