Last visit was: 20 Sep 2024, 17:55 It is currently 20 Sep 2024, 17:55
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 1611 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Finance, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi Experts,

Plz evaluate my profile for ISB PGP.
My profile is as follows:
Indian Male, 32 years old
Engineering graduate in Computer Science
Total of 8.5 years of work experience (3 years with a leading IT MNC in India, 5.5 years in retail banking with the largest bank in India, State Bank of India, in managerial position).

GMAT : 710 Q 50 V 36 IR 5

Extra Curricular:1. Has been a part of an NGO which works in education sector for rural students, for 6 months
2.During my stint as Software Engineer, was a member of employee club and conducted a fundraising program for wedding of poor girls.
3.Have conducted a number of financial literacy camps in rural areas,outside of my work area.
4.Appeared for UPSC Civil Services Interview twice.

Thanks
Abhishek

Posted from my mobile device
Own Kudos [?]: 634 [0]
Given Kudos: 186
Send PM
Expert Reply
anshkool4u
Hi Experts,

Total of 8.5 years of work experience (3 years with a leading IT MNC in India, 5.5 years in retail banking with the largest bank in India, State Bank of India, in managerial position).

Extra Curricular:1. Has been a part of an NGO which works in education sector for rural students, for 6 months
2.During my stint as Software Engineer, was a member of employee club and conducted a fundraising program for wedding of poor girls.
3.Have conducted a number of financial literacy camps in rural areas,outside of my work area.

Thanks
Abhishek

Hi Abhishek,

ISB takes in a few applicants with your level of work experience every year. However, with their PGP Pro program, they also try to push eligible candidates there. So you would really need to convince the adcom as to why you need a one year residential program from ISB given your goals.
That will be through both your application and later the interview, if you are invited for it.

I'm going to recommend that you should apply to a few of the IIM exec MBAs as well and not pin all your hopes on ISB alone.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Finance, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
WE:Business Development (Retail Banking)
Send PM
MBADecoder
anshkool4u
Hi Experts,

Thanks
Abhishek

Hi Abhishek,

ISB takes in a few applicants with your level of work experience every year. However, with their PGP Pro program, they also try to push eligible candidates there. So you would really need to convince the adcom as to why you need a one year residential program from ISB given your goals.
That will be through both your application and later the interview, if you are invited for it.

I'm going to recommend that you should apply to a few of the IIM exec MBAs as well and not pin all your hopes on ISB alone.

Hello Namita,
In fact I have applied to the executive programs of IIM A,B,C too.And even m desirous of getting into those courses over ISB.But can't pin all my hopes in one place,so have to look for the various options available to my current profile.

Also,could not find any thread for profile evaluation for IIMs.So,if you can evaluate my profile here itself for IIMs,that would be highly appreciable.

Regards

Originally posted by anshkool4u on 18 Apr 2019, 01:31.
Last edited by anshkool4u on 18 Apr 2019, 05:10, edited 1 time in total.
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Shreya11214,

ISB is being increasingly selective in the 6 years+ experience category. Being from an IT background can make things a bit difficult for you. However, a great work experience story can help here. Do you have international experience? That will help too. Please aim for a GMAT of 710+ (and of course the higher the better) Certifications don't carry a lot of weightage, so don't worry too much about them, as long as the quality of work experience is great. Strong Extracurriculars would help too, so you may want to relook at your resume and see what you can highlight or build upon.

PS. We've had a lot of success with profiles such as yours in the IIM Executive MBAs and we really recommend you have a look at them too!

Feel free to reach out for a detailed discussion.

Shreya11214
Hello All

Can you pls help in evaluating my profile:
I’m a 30 year old married female with 7 years of work ex in Tata Consultancy and Accenture.
I’m leading a team of 10 people and have been awarded “on the spot” award In TCS and received much customer appreciation around that and other projects.
Have worked around automation of existing task thereby saving hard and soft dollar for the customer and was acloded for the same.
No certification so far though. But several training certification on cloud/ big data/real time streaming (didn’t go for certification as I’m already working with good hands on and exposure to these newer technologies)

Educational stats:
10th: 86%CBSE
12th : 84% CBSE
Grad: 74%

Taking gmat in July end, please suggest.

Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi anshkool4u,

With your background and experience, the key question that you would need to answer is why do you want to do an MBA? Academics are good and so are extracurriculars. The ISB PGP might be a little difficult, though not impossible with the right story 9purely because they are selective with 8+ years). You're a great fit for the IIM Executive MBAs and should definitely apply there.

If you can nail the why MBA answer, you have a good shot at all of your target colleges.

Feel free to reach out for a detailed discussion.

anshkool4u
Hi Experts,

Thanks
Abhishek

Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 285
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Send PM
Hi,

I am planning to apply for 2020 session in B- schools. A brief about my profile as follows and I would be grateful for any inputs or suggestions you may have.

Nationality:
Indian

Age - 34 (as of 2019)
GMAT Score - TBD (Targeting to give in June 2019)

Education:
10th - 69%=>7.3 CGPA
12th - 76%=>7.9 CGPA
B.Tech - 73%=>7.7
PGDIT - 8.0 CGPA

Graduation - B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering with % CGPA in India
Post Grad - Post Grad Diploma in IT from IIT Kharagpur (India)
Certificate in Enterprise and Business Management (Entrepreneurship) from IIT Delhi (6 Months)
PMP Certified

Professional Experience (8.5 years) and Extra curricular:
Organizations I worked with -
IBM - 1year as system engineer in SAP.
4 years with Sunlife Financial as a project manager, handling IT project in Canadian Insurance domain. Always been a star performer.
British Telecom - 3.5 years as Project manager handling IT telecom projects for global clients.

For 3-4 months I have also worked with a Startup as part of founding team.
I am also a freelance consultant on a project to open Ideal school in India. Project has envisioned by an alumnus of Harvard Graduate School of Education.
I am a motivational Speaker and often visit Engineering and MBA colleges in country to engage students.
I have delivered a Josh talk (its an Indian version of Ted Talk)
I am a self defense and combat practitioner. I am one of the few men/women in the country who has the knowledge/skill and actively teaches in corporates or less privileged kids and women in Indian society.
I am a triathlete. I participated in toughest endurance sport full Ironman in 2018 in Sweden (Kalmar). Only woman from my city/town state to do so also one of the very few women in Ironman sport in India.
I am a runner and have done one of the toughest half marathon in Ladakh held at a height of 11,500 to 17,618 feet.
I am cyclist and only few Indian women to have cycled at a height of 11,500 to 18,618 feet for 450 kms. (Manali to Leh)

I do have a personal story as coming from conservative Indian family despite of my education I was pushed in a abusive marriage and then I took stand to come out of it and breaking stereotypes since then.

Schools:
Preference: HBS, Wharton, Stanford, LBS
Yale, Chicago Booth, Kellogg, Tuck
Own Kudos [?]: 285 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Hi himanics, GMAT should be the top priority for you now.
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 285
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Send PM
ISBeacon
Hi
Currently I am preparing for GMAT. Targeting 760 by jun end

Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Hi,
I am working at an IT firm and have more than 3 years of experience.

Academics:
10th percentage is 85
12th percentage is 79.2

Extra curricular:
Apart from work, I am also involved with an NGO and the CSR activities of the company I work for.

What should be my minimum score in GMAT to get selected in ISB? Is my profile acceptable?

Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Hi,

Academics:
10th percentage is 85
12th percentage is 79.2

Extra curricular:
Apart from work, I am also involved with an NGO and the CSR activities of the company I work for.

What should be my minimum score in GMAT to get selected in ISB? Is my profile acceptable?

Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: ISB '21 (S)
Send PM
Looking for profile evaluation for 2020 intake:

Female, Indian, 25 years

B.Sc(h) stats graduate for University of Delhi

Class 10: 9.2 CGPA
Class 12: 93%
Graduation: 81% or 4.0 GPA

GMAT score:
1st attempt: 600
2nd attempt: 670 (Q47, V35, IR4, AWA 5)

Total work experience (till date): ~3.5 years

34 months at Willis Towers Watson as a Market research analyst (~1 year as deputy manager, market research). Profile: business research and strategic research to help senior executives and business leaders establish development plans.
Notable accomplishment: managed various ad-hoc projects. Led a team of 15 people (which included global team members and leaders of other teams within research) in a project for the company’s top level executives.

Currently working with evalueserve as a senior business analyst. Working for a global management consulting client. Work and communicate regularly with the senior leaders and business research team of the client. Also manage ad-hoc projects.
Notable accomplishment: won an award for contributing to the business within 4 months of joining the organization.

Short term goal: to get into strategic consulting and a role involving establishment of business development plans.

Looking forward to your insights.

Thanks

Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Anin93
Hi,

Academics:
10th percentage is 85
12th percentage is 79.2

Extra curricular:

Would need more details for a complete evaluation, but broadly, to be competitive, aim for a 720+ in terms of the GMAT.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Soumya94

Female, Indian, 25 years

GMAT score:

34 months at Willis Towers Watson as a Market research analyst (~1 year as deputy manager, market research). Profile: business research and strategic research to help senior executives and business leaders establish development plans.
Notable accomplishment: managed various ad-hoc projects. Led a team of 15 people (which included global team members and leaders of other teams within research) in a project for the company’s top level executives.

Currently working with evalueserve as a senior business analyst. Working for a global management consulting client. Work and communicate regularly with the senior leaders and business research team of the client. Also manage ad-hoc projects.
Notable accomplishment: won an award for contributing to the business within 4 months of joining the organization.

Short term goal: to get into strategic consulting and a role involving establishment of business development plans.

Thanks

Hi Soumya

All looks good here, except for two factors:
1. Your GMAT score needs to be increased; go for a 700 and above. Enough time for you to retake as of now.
2. Your goal needs to be thought through more. Consulting and BD don't go together (yes, after some seniority as a consultant, you are also involved in project proposals, but that's a different thing). If what you meant instead is business/strategic planning (and not business development) then that's fine.

As of now, the GMAT should be your objective.
Send PM
Age 25
Gender male
Education 10 - 95
12 - 93
Graduation (Btech Nit) - 92
Work Ex - working for 2 years with a product based IT company, responsible for complete ownership of micro service
Extracurriculars - Was part of a NGO at college, learning violin, like to travel
Achievements - Got a gold medal at college for acads
Gmat - yet to appear

Can someone please guide me regarding my chances to make it to ISB and how can i improve those plus over what period

Thanks
Send PM
Age 25
Gender male
Education 10 - 95
12 - 93
Graduation (Btech Nit) - 92
Work Ex - working for 2 years with a product based IT company, responsible for complete ownership of micro service
Extracurriculars - Was part of a NGO at college, learning violin, like to travel
Achievements - Got a gold medal at college for acads
Gmat - yet to appear

Can someone please guide me regarding my chances to make it to ISB and how can i improve those plus over what period

Thanks
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM

Originally posted by ak21 on 20 Apr 2019, 09:40.
Last edited by ak21 on 01 May 2019, 11:41, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Soumya94,

Good profile, great academic background too. However, at 3.5 years of experience, 670 can pull you down. Urge you to give GMAT another try and aim for at least a 700. Your professional career is well-differentiated, we hope there's something on the extracurricular side too. If not, please work on the same. As far as goals are concerned, Strategic Consulting seems like a good fit for you. Project Management could be a good plan B, Business development may seem like a stretch.

Feel free to reach out for a detailed evaluation.

Soumya94

Female, Indian, 25 years

GMAT score:

Thanks

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  126   127   128   129   130  ...  307