Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 06:31 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 06:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 359
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
TaterwaysConsulting wrote:
ishitam wrote:
Hi,

Following are my academic and professional qualifications:-

1)10th-89.8%
2)12th-92.5%
3)B.Tech graduation- 85%+(9.04 CGPA)

Currently working as a Techno-Functional Consultant at Pricewaterhouse Coopers in the ERP Domain,completed 25 months.Worked with both domestic and international clients,in a total of 7 projects,some of the international clients being PwC Exordia,PwC Canada,PwC UK and Lucy(UAE). My area of work covered the publishing industry,fleet management industry,analytics,real estate consulting and HR to name a few.Got promoted once during my tenure.

Apart from this,I have two professional certifications of Microsoft in the ERP Domain.

My extracurricular activities:-

1)Certified classical dancer(Kathak) from one of the premier institutes of India.
2)Painter/Sketcher.
3)One of the organizers of the college fest.
4)Food blogger/restaurant reviewer(Having my own blog).
5)Stream topper in college.

Please evaluate my profile and suggest a good score for ISB.

Hi there,

Ace your GMAT. You seem to have good prior academics and therefore GMAT is something you can do very well at. All the best ! Now though technology consulting is a common profile, your client facing experience with PwC would stand you in very good stead.

We would definitely need to work on bringing the best stories to the forefront that can make your profile stand out. Your ECs look good, keep them up to date. Don't lose track of those as only consistent ECs can make a difference to the application.

Our recommendation :

1) Consolidate your profile : Promotion within 25 months is good. Focus on doing key modules of the project. If possible lead some modules which will give a significant boost to your profile as leadership is something we don't see in the profile till now..

2) GMAT Score : Aim for 720+ score . It will give you a real good shot at top schools

We will be happy to take the conversation forward through PM / Email

Kind Regards,
Team Taterways

Thanks for the insight! :)

I am currently leading the supply chain module in my ongoing project,both technical and functional deliverables.
But yes,I will keep it in mind to include it in my application.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ishitam wrote:

Thanks for the insight! :)

I am currently leading the supply chain module in my ongoing project,both technical and functional deliverables.
But yes,I will keep it in mind to include it in my application.

That's great! Good luck with your applications. Don't hesitate to contact us if you need further help. :)

Cheers,
Team Taterways
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hii

My self KV Subrahmanyam request you all to kindly evaluate my profile as I am looking forward to take GMAT shortly what score will be better for me to clear XLRI,MDI,IIM A,B,C

X : 79%
XII : 77%
B Tech : 85.6%

Overall 6.5 Yrs Experience as Assistant Manager in Logistics domain with MNC organisation. ( 5.4 Yr in VEDANTA RESOURCES and 1.1 Yr in TATA STEEL)

Rgds
KV SUBRAHMANYAM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Dear sir,

Can anybody please evaluate my profile and suggest me which IIMs should I target for pgpx/epgp?

Indian female, age 31, work experience = 8 years

10th exam 86.4% (state board)
12th exam 77.8% (state board)
B.Tech in computer science & engineering 8.86 GPA (state university)
expected GMAT score: 680-720 (not taken yet)

work experience details:
administrative officer (IT) in a government owned insurance organization for 5 years, then promoted to assistant manager (IT) in the same organization after that (continuing to the same cadre till date). Work experience in reinsurance and allied actuarial field.

professional qualifications:
- fellow of general insurance from Insurance Institute of India
- student member of Faculty of Actuaries, UK [cleared CT1 (financial mathematics), CT3 (mathematical statistics), CT5 (contingencies) each one at first attempt]

achievements:
- qualified GATE exam with 94.62 percentile, all India rank 2251 (category - general)
- received certificates of merit from Indian Insurance Society for scoring distinction marks in 6 papers of fellowship exam
- nominated delegate to attend Global Insurance Rendezvous 2015 on SAARC perspective
- secured 5th rank in all India essay competition organized by Asia Insurance Review and GIC Re, essay got published in their book

publications:
wrote essays, articles in various blogs and journals (one in an international journal)

certifications:
undergone several certifications on R and Python to do data cleaning, student's t-test, ANOVA

volunteering:
helped an entrepreneural venture named 'Klathrate' on developing reinsurance portal through Micromentor

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi,

It would be great if someone can help in evaluating my profile and suggest .

I am 30 years MALE. Working as Project Manager in Godrej. Have 7 years working experience on Onsite .
Experience : 7.5yrs in Project Management Civil & Mechnaical
Current Designation : Project Manager

Academics:
GMAT :- 670
JNTU Hyderabad B.tech Mechanical Engineer :- 59%
10th : 67 %
12th: 60%

Achievement :
•Awarded with a memento from Honourable Chief Minister of Kerala Mr. Oomen Chandy & CIAL for the valuable contribution for New International T3 construction
•Certificate of Appreciation from client Indian coast guard for outstanding Performance in managing over 4 projects in a single year
•Certificate of Appreciation from Indian Navy for outstanding Performance for handing over most prestige P28 Project India’s first of its kind
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V44
GPA: 3
WE:Engineering (Real Estate)
Send PM
TaterwaysConsulting wrote:
mohdabbas5 wrote:
Hello Experts,

I will be applying for the b schools in 2018 , i am currently working as a mechanical design engineer in kuwait based international consultants. i have been involved with various types of design/supervision projects.
I will be very happy for the profile evaluation.
Nationality: Indian
Education: Btech-72% Punjab Technical University (date conferred-2012)
12th 53.2% 10th 72%
Work Experience:
I have been involved in design projects for 4+ yrs and in that span of my career i have worked and presently working in design/supervision of various big projects like cancer hospitals, five star hotels, international airports.
I am preparing for my Gmat exams. Am i able to get the admission in ISB if i got more than 700 score in gmat or my academics are good enough to get consider in top bschools in the world.
My primary target B School is ISB, apart from that other options are the b schools in the US/UK.
Will be very happy for the profile evaluation.
Many thanks in advance.

Hi there,

Short Answer :

A score of more than 700 would put you in a good spot more so because your prior academic records are about average. Having said that 700+ is no guarantee for an admission in a premium B-School. Your work experience seems to have the depth that is required for building a good story but it would be critical to bring out the best aspects of your profile to the fore.

Long Answer :

As you are working for an international design consultant in a design/supervision role, your profile is a 'bit' different from the general Indian applications at most premium schools. The number of applications from the core sectors are fewer but are still substantial. The focus then for your profile would be to bring out the stories that set you apart therefore involvement in key projects in key roles would be important.Since you have some time in your hand, you can work towards that. Also if you have some international experience(in countries other than your base location) or can build this experience over the next 6 months it would be extremely helpful for you candidature.

Average GMAT score at premium B Schools is more than 700 and being an Indian engineer, we can safely say that less than a 700 score for you would make it substantially difficult to make the profile stand out.

At ISB, the average score for the class of 2017 was 704 and so would be at any top school in US/UK. Therefore a 700 would be a minimum benchmark for you to target.

Our recommendation :

1) Ace your GMAT : Aim for a 720+ score
2) Consolidate your profile : Get international experience, if you haven't and if you can. Additionally try to get involved in mission critical aspects of your project. The toughest work experience makes for the best stories.

We will be happy to take the conversation forward through PM / Email

Kind Regards,
Team Taterways

Hi Team Taterways
Thanks for evaluating my profile.
I wanted to share some more information about my profile so that you can give your feedback.
I am working in top 5 consultants in kuwait and we have successfully finished designed/supervision projects with complete satisfaction of the clients and i was involved in mission critical aspects of the projects as well. and sometimes have replaced my superiors like senior mechanical engineers for a limited time for which i have approvals from Ministry of Health, Kuwait.
however, i will try to get some international experience rather than the base location to consolidate the profile.
i do have a habit of travelling as well i.e i travelled to australia, dubai, bangkok, iraq and kuwait several times but i didnt go there for a business visit.
i also have some member ships like institution of engineers etc. and certifications courses from respected institutes.

Thank You in Advance
Regards
abbas
Manager
Manager
Send PM
podurinikhiltej wrote:
Hi,

It would be great if someone can help in evaluating my profile and suggest .

I am 30 years MALE. Working as Project Manager in Godrej. Have 7 years working experience on Onsite .
Experience : 7.5yrs in Project Management Civil & Mechnaical
Current Designation : Project Manager

Academics:
GMAT :- 670
JNTU Hyderabad B.tech Mechanical Engineer :- 59%
10th : 67 %
12th: 60%

Achievement :
•Awarded with a memento from Honourable Chief Minister of Kerala Mr. Oomen Chandy & CIAL for the valuable contribution for New International T3 construction
•Certificate of Appreciation from client Indian coast guard for outstanding Performance in managing over 4 projects in a single year
•Certificate of Appreciation from Indian Navy for outstanding Performance for handing over most prestige P28 Project India’s first of its kind

Hi there,

You have a good profile and seem to be doing well in your career though your GMAT score is tad low for ISB.

In most top schools the number of candidates coming from a Civil/Mechanical project management profile is few however these numbers are steadily rising. The key reason is working at site makes it extremely tough for candidates to pursue their MBA aspirations. Therefore the profile with all its on-site achievements does stand out.

However what is difficult to explain, speaking from personal experience as this was the most contentious point when one of our co-founders appeared for his ISB interview, is why a Civil/Mechanical project manager needs an MBA as all the courses relevant to such a person can be studied through a PMP certification. This can however be mitigated if the career aspirations are clearly understood and laid out to the admission committee.
We also didn’t see any ECs mentioned therefore we are assuming that there isn’t much significant there.

Our recommendation:
1) Re-take your GMAT – Aim for 720+
2) If you had an EC which you have not been pursuing for some time, you can bring consistency on that aspect however don’t start something new at this stage. Pursue something that you like.

We will love to take this conversation forward as we can relate well with you (one of our co-founders is comes from a Civil Infrastructure Project Management background :) )
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello,

My profile is as follows:

High School: 92% in 12th grade

Bachelors: Bachelors in Commerce - 87%, and in the top 2% of the entire batch (from a university in the Indian Subcontinent)
Bachelors in Banking & Finance from the University of London - 2:1 (correspondence)

Internship: 1 month in a big 4 company in the corporate finance department
2 months in a boutique investment banking firm
3 months in a private company in the accounts department

International experience: Summer school in Frankfurt

Research paper: 1 paper on Modern Portfolio Theory. Published in the college journal.

GMAT: 650+ expected (results awaited)

IELTS: 7/8

I would like to know my chances of acceptance at the following Universities for a Masters in Finance:
-St. Gallen
-WHU
-EDHEC
-Rotterdam School of Management
-Stockholm School of Economics
-Copenhagen Business School

These are the universities I have in mind. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,

Bachelors: Bachelors in Commerce - 87%, and in the top 2% of the entire batch (from a university in the Indian Subcontinent)
Bachelors in Banking & Finance from the University of London - 2:1 (correspondence)

Research paper: 1 paper on Modern Portfolio Theory. Published in the college journal.

I would like to know my chances of acceptance at the following Universities for a Masters in Finance:
-St. Gallen
-WHU
-EDHEC

These are the universities I have in mind. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Salam

My name is Mohsin Mukhtiar

Here are my academic as well as experience details

Matriculation 88.5%

Intermediate 80%

BBA (hons) 4 years 3.5 CGPA out of 4

Currently working in a Multi National European company as a Sales Executive for 5 months.

I want to know when should i take gmat exam where to get prepared what score i must target and what are my chances of acceptance?
Please guide me as i have a little knowledge of MBA programs

Thanks
Regards
Mohsin Mukhtiar
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mohdabbas5 wrote:

Hi Team Taterways
Thanks for evaluating my profile.
I wanted to share some more information about my profile so that you can give your feedback.
I am working in top 5 consultants in kuwait and we have successfully finished designed/supervision projects with complete satisfaction of the clients and i was involved in mission critical aspects of the projects as well. and sometimes have replaced my superiors like senior mechanical engineers for a limited time for which i have approvals from Ministry of Health, Kuwait.
however, i will try to get some international experience rather than the base location to consolidate the profile.
i do have a habit of travelling as well i.e i travelled to australia, dubai, bangkok, iraq and kuwait several times but i didnt go there for a business visit.
i also have some member ships like institution of engineers etc. and certifications courses from respected institutes.

Thank You in Advance
Regards
abbas

Hi Abbas,

We think that being involved in mission critical aspects of the project will do well for your profile and it will reflect well on your leadership and problem solving skills. However we must state that most successful candidates have these traits as well therefore you are in for a fierce competition.Dont let your guard down. Keep doing the good work that you are doing

Though international work experience is a direct highlight point, any form of travel that you might have undertaken can be well leveraged in the essys in form of what learnings you had, what cultures you imbibed etc.

Happy to answer any further questions.

Kind Regards,
Team Taterways
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Thank You .
Good to know that your founder too is from the same profile . I will get in touch once I get 720+ in GMAT
Manager
Manager
Send PM
podurinikhiltej wrote:
Hey Thank You .
Good to know that your founder too is from the same profile . I will get in touch once I get 720+ in GMAT

Good luck for GMAT! :)

We look forward to hearing from you.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1586 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
sunshine101 wrote:
Hello,

-St. Gallen
-WHU
-EDHEC

Thank you!

You might like to increase your score a bit, though your overall profile does put you in the range for consideration for all of these. In addition, you might like to consider the HEC and Oxford Said MSc Fin programs as well.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
raomohsin54 wrote:
Salam

My name is Mohsin Mukhtiar

Here are my academic as well as experience details

Matriculation 88.5%

Intermediate 80%

BBA (hons) 4 years 3.5 CGPA out of 4

Currently working in a Multi National European company as a Sales Executive for 5 months.

I want to know when should i take gmat exam where to get prepared what score i must target and what are my chances of acceptance?
Please guide me as i have a little knowledge of MBA programs

Thanks
Regards
Mohsin Mukhtiar

Hi Mohsin

Your profile is quite decent. Your academics are good, and your sales profile seems fine as well. Now, it is the GMAT you must focus on. Target 700+, as applicants with lower relative experience do better with scores on the higher side. Post that, it will be down to your applications. However, that is for later, as of now it is the GMAT you must work on.

For ISB, you can apply to the Early Entry Option once you have a GMAT score (this is meant for people with less than 2 years of full-time experience).

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
ishitam wrote:
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile according to the following stats given below.

Education-
10th - 89.8% (ICSE)
12th - 92.5% (ISC)

Graduation-

B.Tech- Computer Science and Engineering: CGPA 9.04/10

Work Experience -

25 months of experience in a technology consultancy firm(Big 4 - PwC),working in Microsoft Dynamics ERP in approximately 7 different types of assignments covering areas like the publishing industry,analytics,real estate consulting,fleet management,HR to name a few.Got promoted once in these 25 months.I worked with both domestic and international clients including PwC Exordia,PwC Canada,PwC UK and Lucy(UAE).

Extra curriculars:-

1) Food blogger/restaurant reviewer having a dedicated food blog.
2)Indian classical dancer having a state level graduation certificate from one of India's esteemed institutes.
3)Organizer of the technical fest in college for 4 consecutive years.
4)Painter/sketcher
5)Stream topper in college.

Apart from this,I have two professional certifications from Microsoft in the ERP Domain.

Hi Ishita

This looks pretty solid from all aspects. If you can match this with a decent GMAT score and a good application you should be in with a good chance. Although the quantum of work experience is slightly on the lower side, it should be fine, and is also more than made up for by your strong academics, quality of work, and outstanding ECA.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: ISB '19
GPA: 2.2
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile according to the following stats given below.

Education-
10th - 79% (CBSE)
12th - 76.2% (ISC)

Graduation-

B.Tech- Computer Science and Engineering: CGPA 59.6% (Can i write it 60 rounding off ?)

Work Experience -

Till the time I will join MBA that is in Apr 2018 , I will have experience of 6 years or 720 months

Currently I Team lead of my development team, Managing team of three developers
Apart that I have experience of designing software

Extra curricular:-

1) I play guitar(I formed a band in college but I don't have proof of this)
2) I write songs and poems (I have handful collection of poems but nothing is published)
3) I have started writing Quora answer's soon after Gmat planning for blog writing

I have letter of recommendation for writing white paper from my current company

Please evaluate this profile for ISB, IIM B(EPGP), IIM A (PGPX)

I want to ask one more thing:

I have bad under grad that is due to disease called neuro cystocerasis

I fought with this for complete 8 years which included time period of my complete engineering undergrad

and then after 6 year.

Should I mention this thing in my essay (I dont want to gain sympathy but want to stage my self as fighter)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  22   23   24   25   26  ...  307