GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Oct 2018, 05:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB profile review

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Apr 2018
Posts: 1
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V39
ISB profile review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2018, 06:30
Hi,

I am a chartered accountant with 2 years experience in corporate taxation from KPMG Mumbai. I have moved on to a strategy and operations roleinan FMCG start up in the last 6 months. I moved on from tax to get first hand experience from the business side of things and hence joined a start-up. I need a business education fr the future if iwant to start something on my own. Would request you to analyse my profile and let me know my chances at ISB or a top 20 B-shool in the USA.

GMAT: 690 (Q44 V39)
10th: 86%
12th: 78%
Bcom: 82%
Chartered Accountant -first attempt pass

Thank you
Director
Director
User avatar
G
Status: MBA Admissions Coach
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Joined: 18 Apr 2018
Posts: 545
Location: India
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: ISB profile review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2018, 06:50
1
1
HelloDhruv17111992

The info provided is limited for a detailed feedback, however I'll give you some pointers.
ISB will evaluate your profile holistically on admission factors mentioned here.
If we break down your profile on the info given this is what we get-
1. Academic potential- Though your CA background may help and past grades are decent, your GMAT is below average that that of ISB. With work ex on the slightly lower side and to stand out in the applicant pool a 720+ is recommended. Or you will need a spike in all the other 3 factors mentioned below.
2. Quality of Work Ex- As mentioned above, your work ex is slightly on the lower side. Though not a deal breaker by any means, you will need to show career progression, achievements and business impact of your work. Also, why would you wish to pursue an MBA so soon into a new job where you shifted to primarily learn the ropes of the business. With the given info it is tough to identify a spike.
3. Diversity- Many CAs apply to ISB. What unique perspective will you bring to the class? your work ex and more importantly your extracurricular activities will be helpful to differentiate you. Please write more around your ECs. This becomes crucial as the very first essay asks about diversity. Again not easy to identify a spike here.
4. Career Goals- You have just joined a startup with the intent to learn, then why MBA now? The story will need to show organic movement. ISB will need to understand your career goals more specifically and why is an MBA an absolute necessity to reach these goals. You could supplement your research by reading here..
You need to be off the charts on at least 3 out of 4 factors. Except acads most info is missing or tough to evaluate in its current form.
To success your essays will need to show excellent career progress, achievements, extracurricular and tie a story as to why now is the right time to go for an MBA.
Coming to the other part of your question around top 20 in US, well the scenario becomes a little more competitive in that case. I'd recommend to bump up your GMAT for those definitely.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com


Dhruv17111992 wrote:
Hi,

I am a chartered accountant with 2 years experience in corporate taxation from KPMG Mumbai. I have moved on to a strategy and operations roleinan FMCG start up in the last 6 months. I moved on from tax to get first hand experience from the business side of things and hence joined a start-up. I need a business education fr the future if iwant to start something on my own. Would request you to analyse my profile and let me know my chances at ISB or a top 20 B-shool in the USA.

GMAT: 690 (Q44 V39)
10th: 86%
12th: 78%
Bcom: 82%
Chartered Accountant -first attempt pass

Thank you

_________________

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 03 Aug 2015
Posts: 120
Re: ISB profile review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2018, 10:25
Hi Dhruv, while your current GMAT score is not a show-stopper, see if you can re-attempt the exam to push your overall score by 20-30 points or more (Quant is clearly an area of improvement). This will further your chances in ISB as well as US b-schools.

While your experience is slightly on the lower side, a consistent academic record, including passing CA in first attempt, will help your cause in ISB.

You seem to be quite clear in terms of why you need MBA fulfill your professional goals, and what specifically you are looking for. Make sure you articulate this well, in your essays.
_________________

http://www.ISBeacon.com

For ISB Aspirants, by ISB Alums

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation
Free ISB Essays Best Practices Document


ISBeacon: Your Beacon to ISB

Experts' Global Representative
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Jul 2017
Posts: 459
Re: ISB profile review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2018, 02:33
Dhruv17111992 wrote:
Hi,

I am a chartered accountant with 2 years experience in corporate taxation from KPMG Mumbai. I have moved on to a strategy and operations roleinan FMCG start up in the last 6 months. I moved on from tax to get first hand experience from the business side of things and hence joined a start-up. I need a business education fr the future if iwant to start something on my own. Would request you to analyse my profile and let me know my chances at ISB or a top 20 B-shool in the USA.

GMAT: 690 (Q44 V39)
10th: 86%
12th: 78%
Bcom: 82%
Chartered Accountant -first attempt pass

Thank you


Hi Dhruv17111992,

Thanks for your query.

The Chartered Accountancy degree, as well as the work-experience with KPMG sound good. However, besides mentioning your reason for joining the start-up, you will need to connect your career choices with your career goals, which are missing from your post. ISB needs to know why you want an MBA and what you intend to do post the same. Hence, while your essays should be representative of your overall skills, achievements, and leadership experience (if any), they should also speak about a well-defined set of short-term and long-term goals that align with your existing profile.

To add to the above, we would recommend a GMAT re-take. A 690 is about 20 points under the average at ISB and considering you belong to an over-represented pool of applicants, a higher GMAT score will help boost your chances.

With regard to applying to the top-20 US programs, we would certainly recommend a GMAT retake.

All the best!
_________________

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Preparation Online | 15 GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Jul 2017
Posts: 4
Re: ISB profile review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2018, 00:24
Dhruv17111992 wrote:
Hi,

I am a chartered accountant with 2 years experience in corporate taxation from KPMG Mumbai. I have moved on to a strategy and operations roleinan FMCG start up in the last 6 months. I moved on from tax to get first hand experience from the business side of things and hence joined a start-up. I need a business education fr the future if iwant to start something on my own. Would request you to analyse my profile and let me know my chances at ISB or a top 20 B-shool in the USA.

GMAT: 690 (Q44 V39)
10th: 86%
12th: 78%
Bcom: 82%
Chartered Accountant -first attempt pass

Thank you




Hi ,

I have a ~4 years of work ex in analytics and GMAT of 710(Q50, V35). My exp. is across 3 companies. My work has is focused around providing analytical solutions for business problems. Can you pls. evaluate my profile and tell me what are my chances at ISB? Thanks a lot in advance.
Director
Director
User avatar
G
Status: MBA Admissions Coach
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Joined: 18 Apr 2018
Posts: 545
Location: India
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: ISB profile review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2018, 00:35
Hello Hima_MBA

Please mention more about your career progression, achievements at work, extracurricular activities and career goals for a meaningful feedback.
You can read here why these are as important as your GMAT.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com


Hima_MBA wrote:
Hi ,

I have a ~4 years of work ex in analytics and GMAT of 710(Q50, V35). My exp. is across 3 companies. My work has is focused around providing analytical solutions for business problems. Can you pls. evaluate my profile and tell me what are my chances at ISB? Thanks a lot in advance.

_________________

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Jul 2017
Posts: 4
Re: ISB profile review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2018, 00:51
oneMBAcoach wrote:
Hello

Please mention more about your career progression, achievements at work, extracurricular activities and career goals for a meaningful feedback.
You can read here

Hima_MBA wrote:

Hi ,

I have a ~4 years of work ex in analytics and GMAT of 710(Q50, V35). My exp. is across 3 companies. My work has is focused around providing analytical solutions for business problems. Can you pls. evaluate my profile and tell me what are my chances at ISB? Thanks a lot in advance.



Thanks for the quick reply. Below is a quick summary of the pointers you mentioned and I will build my essays in these directions. Please let me know your opinion on if I stand a chance at ISB? Thanks again.

Career Progression: I have started as a Trainee decision scientist and now I am working as a Sr. Analyst. I had 3 job roles in my career spanning over 4 years. I started my career in analytics with Mu Sigma where I learned the basics of analytics and used to work on Analytics side of designing Marketing strategies from scratch. Now as a senior analyst I handle identifying potential business opportunities to finding the root cause of business problems.Each year I progressed by taking up more responsibilities.

Achievement at work: This is the tricky part as all my promotions were after changing companies. In my final company I have a few awards but most of them are to given to the group as a whole. My team size is 3 . Do you think the group awards matter?

Extra curricular activities: I have always been an active member in sports and social service. In college I was part of the relevant clubs. During my working career as well, I am active in sport and have even conducted portfolio level competitions.

Career Goals: Till now my experience is analytics focused but varies across multiple domain such as airlines, social media and Banking. Through MBA I want to improve my thinking horizons and develop into a leader.
Director
Director
User avatar
G
Status: MBA Admissions Coach
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Joined: 18 Apr 2018
Posts: 545
Location: India
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: ISB profile review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2018, 01:14
hello Hima_MBA

Please see my replies in-line in Blue


Hima_MBA wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. Below is a quick summary of the pointers you mentioned and I will build my essays in these directions. Please let me know your opinion on if I stand a chance at ISB? Thanks again.

Career Progression: I have started as a Trainee decision scientist and now I am working as a Sr. Analyst. I had 3 job roles in my career spanning over 4 years. I started my career in analytics with Mu Sigma where I learned the basics of analytics and used to work on Analytics side of designing Marketing strategies from scratch. Now as a senior analyst I handle identifying potential business opportunities to finding the root cause of business problems.Each year I progressed by taking up more responsibilities.
Changing 3 jobs in 4 years, you will have to show impact of your contributions and a conscious, deliberate decision behind each in the Career Goals essay. Seamlessly tie your past, present and future with an MBA.

Achievement at work: This is the tricky part as all my promotions were after changing companies. In my final company I have a few awards but most of them are to given to the group as a whole. My team size is 3 . Do you think the group awards matter?Awards are promotions are not achievements in themselves. They are the results of your achievements or impact on the business of your organization. You should be talking about that to show your achievements.

Extra curricular activities: I have always been an active member in sports and social service. In college I was part of the relevant clubs. During my working career as well, I am active in sport and have even conducted portfolio level competitions.Sports can work positively if you show long term/serious involvement and how it has made you a better more diverse applicant.

Career Goals: Till now my experience is analytics focused but varies across multiple domain such as airlines, social media and Banking. Through MBA I want to improve my thinking horizons and develop into a leader. Too vague my friend. AdCom will want more researched specific answers here. What is your long term goal (10 years) and how will an MBA from ISB help you land a role that will act as a stepping stone (3-5 years) to reach this long term goal. You may wish to research more on career goals here.
Should you have any further questions, feel free to reach out.



_________________

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Jul 2017
Posts: 4
Re: ISB profile review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2018, 02:04
oneMBAcoach wrote:
hello

Please see my replies in-line in Blue


Hima_MBA wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. Below is a quick summary of the pointers you mentioned and I will build my essays in these directions. Please let me know your opinion on if I stand a chance at ISB? Thanks again.

Career Progression: I have started as a Trainee decision scientist and now I am working as a Sr. Analyst. I had 3 job roles in my career spanning over 4 years. I started my career in analytics with Mu Sigma where I learned the basics of analytics and used to work on Analytics side of designing Marketing strategies from scratch. Now as a senior analyst I handle identifying potential business opportunities to finding the root cause of business problems.Each year I progressed by taking up more responsibilities.
Changing 3 jobs in 4 years, you will have to show impact of your contributions and a conscious, deliberate decision behind each in the Career Goals essay. Seamlessly tie your past, present and future with an MBA.

Achievement at work: This is the tricky part as all my promotions were after changing companies. In my final company I have a few awards but most of them are to given to the group as a whole. My team size is 3 . Do you think the group awards matter?Awards are promotions are not achievements in themselves. They are the results of your achievements or impact on the business of your organization. You should be talking about that to show your achievements.

Extra curricular activities: I have always been an active member in sports and social service. In college I was part of the relevant clubs. During my working career as well, I am active in sport and have even conducted portfolio level competitions.Sports can work positively if you show long term/serious involvement and how it has made you a better more diverse applicant.

Career Goals: Till now my experience is analytics focused but varies across multiple domain such as airlines, social media and Banking. Through MBA I want to improve my thinking horizons and develop into a leader. [color=#0000ff]Too vague my friend. AdCom will want more researched specific answers here. What is your long term goal (10 years) and how will an MBA from ISB help you land a role that will act as a stepping stone (3-5 years) to reach this long term goal.



Thanks a lot for the overview. This is really helpful!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jul 2018
Posts: 2
Re: ISB profile review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2018, 03:19
Hi
Kindly review my profile

Academics;
10th - 84
12th - 78
Btech (Computer Science) ,DIT ,Dehradun (2006-10) : 63%
Masters in Development Studies (TISS,Mumbai) ,2013-15 - 6.3/10
GMAT or GRE not taken yet ( need advice on this ,how much minimum should I target)

Work ex: 3 years as a software engineer in an IT company (2010-13), 2 years in government of rajasthan(2015-17) ,close to one year in M.P government(Aug 2017- present)
I was interested in social sector ,went to TISS for masters and then worked as Young Professional in Rajasthan state rural livelihood mission (Dept of rural development & panchayati raj,govt of rajasthan) from May 2015- May 2017 .There I worked for implementing National Rural Livelihood Mission .Main task was assisting district and state teams in capacity building(trainings to community cadre) ,institution building (SHG's,etc),financial inclusion ,livelihood intervention etc.
Currently(Since Aug 2017) I am working as C.M Fellow in Government of Madhya Pradesh .I am working as a capacity of chief minister's research associate closely analyzing policy of state government and giving feedback on the same. i have conducted various assessment study of policies and schemes of govt. of india and govt of madhya pradesh.Here I am closely working with bureaucrats and also assisting the district collector of a district. I also have firsthand experience of conducting quantitative and qualitative research.
I want to pursue MBA to switch into international development consultancy.I believe MBA will give thrust to my career as I have been at grassroot and policy level and would be completing 4 years in this sector when I join ISB in 2019 and also I am seeking to remain in the social sector as a consultant after MBA.
looking at my profile .Do i have a chance to get into ISB Or can you please suggest other options which I can look into?
Director
Director
User avatar
G
Status: MBA Admissions Coach
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Joined: 18 Apr 2018
Posts: 545
Location: India
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: ISB profile review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2018, 04:09
Hello Tarunesh

Your work experience looks very interesting and unique- will definitely help you stand out as a diverse applicant.
However, not very convinced how an MBA from ISB really ties in here. You will need a convincing story to put forward linking your past skills/experience and future goals with an emphatic need for an MBA. (You could read more here on career goals)
Though not very crucial in your case, bring out extracurricular activities that you have been involved in.
Lastly, though recommending a single score is tough without understanding your profile on a qualitative level, I'll say target a 700+ and you stand a very good chance. This score will also help compensate for the average past academic scores.
Needless to say, tie all the admission factors mentioned herein your story/essays.
Should you have further questions, feel free to reach out.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com


Tarunesh wrote:
Hi
Kindly review my profile

Academics;
10th - 84
12th - 78
Btech (Computer Science) ,DIT ,Dehradun (2006-10) : 63%
Masters in Development Studies (TISS,Mumbai) ,2013-15 - 6.3/10
GMAT or GRE not taken yet ( need advice on this ,how much minimum should I target)

Work ex: 3 years as a software engineer in an IT company (2010-13), 2 years in government of rajasthan(2015-17) ,close to one year in M.P government(Aug 2017- present)
I was interested in social sector ,went to TISS for masters and then worked as Young Professional in Rajasthan state rural livelihood mission (Dept of rural development & panchayati raj,govt of rajasthan) from May 2015- May 2017 .There I worked for implementing National Rural Livelihood Mission .Main task was assisting district and state teams in capacity building(trainings to community cadre) ,institution building (SHG's,etc),financial inclusion ,livelihood intervention etc.
Currently(Since Aug 2017) I am working as C.M Fellow in Government of Madhya Pradesh .I am working as a capacity of chief minister's research associate closely analyzing policy of state government and giving feedback on the same. i have conducted various assessment study of policies and schemes of govt. of india and govt of madhya pradesh.Here I am closely working with bureaucrats and also assisting the district collector of a district. I also have firsthand experience of conducting quantitative and qualitative research.
I want to pursue MBA to switch into international development consultancy.I believe MBA will give thrust to my career as I have been at grassroot and policy level and would be completing 4 years in this sector when I join ISB in 2019 and also I am seeking to remain in the social sector as a consultant after MBA.
looking at my profile .Do i have a chance to get into ISB Or can you please suggest other options which I can look into?

_________________

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 04 Apr 2015
Posts: 189
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: ISB profile review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2018, 05:16
Hi,
please review my profile for good colleges(IIM A/B/C /ISB/top 20 across the world )
Basics
26 year male Indian
Xth = 80.2%
XIIth=85.5%
GPA = 7.83/10(Mechanical engineering from good private Indian university)
GMAT :680(q47/V36 abysmal IR -1 ,AWA-5)
Work experience
4.5 years till now in a thermal power plant (core operations) handling operations of 2 x 300 MW power plant.
Received many accolades and most number of spot recognition awards in the entire plant.
promotion :twice
Twice won best technical suggestion of the month

Also member of contingency team- providing help and suggestion at various departments of plant helping departments to smooth their functioning

Extracurricular
won essay competition at corporate level 5 years in a row .
Organised annual meets, sports meets and technical meets for company along with hr team as a part of personal interest (love event management)
Organised fests and clubs at college level also.
Junior corporate level badminton and cricket player but had to leave due to injury
actively involved in companies CSR activities for helping the villages and poor children(our new project is of village digitization)



Thinking of MBA to have career in techno commercial field (mid management or junior management role)
Director
Director
User avatar
G
Status: MBA Admissions Coach
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Joined: 18 Apr 2018
Posts: 545
Location: India
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: ISB profile review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2018, 05:55
Hello StrugglingGmat2910

Your past acads look decent and your work ex shows potential in career progress and achievements. This is what makes good fodder for the essays, however, one will need to understand this in depth for a better feedback. Same is the case with extracurricular- look decent on paper, can work in your favor if you show your contribution and impact in these activities.
Though I understand you wish to move into a managerial position from a technical one currently, be more specific. What sort of roles? Why is an MBA needed, why can't you progress on that path organically?
Lastly coming to your GMAT- it may just work for ISB/IIM A/BC/ if you put together a strong application, even though you are below the school's average. ISB does not consider IR so should not be an issue.
But for Top 20 across the world, 680 is going to be a real challenge. I'd recommend is 720+ in that case. Needless to say you will need to strengthen all the factors mentioned here in your application.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com


StrugglingGmat2910 wrote:
Hi,
please review my profile for good colleges(IIM A/B/C /ISB/top 20 across the world )
Basics
26 year male Indian
Xth = 80.2%
XIIth=85.5%
GPA = 7.83/10(Mechanical engineering from good private Indian university)
GMAT :680(q47/V36 abysmal IR -1 ,AWA-5)
Work experience
4.5 years till now in a thermal power plant (core operations) handling operations of 2 x 300 MW power plant.
Received many accolades and most number of spot recognition awards in the entire plant.
promotion :twice
Twice won best technical suggestion of the month

Also member of contingency team- providing help and suggestion at various departments of plant helping departments to smooth their functioning

Extracurricular
won essay competition at corporate level 5 years in a row .
Organised annual meets, sports meets and technical meets for company along with hr team as a part of personal interest (love event management)
Organised fests and clubs at college level also.
Junior corporate level badminton and cricket player but had to leave due to injury
actively involved in companies CSR activities for helping the villages and poor children(our new project is of village digitization)



Thinking of MBA to have career in techno commercial field (mid management or junior management role)

_________________

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Experts' Global Representative
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Jul 2017
Posts: 459
Re: ISB profile review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2018, 05:29
Tarunesh wrote:
Hi
Kindly review my profile

Academics;
10th - 84
12th - 78
Btech (Computer Science) ,DIT ,Dehradun (2006-10) : 63%
Masters in Development Studies (TISS,Mumbai) ,2013-15 - 6.3/10
GMAT or GRE not taken yet ( need advice on this ,how much minimum should I target)

Work ex: 3 years as a software engineer in an IT company (2010-13), 2 years in government of rajasthan(2015-17) ,close to one year in M.P government(Aug 2017- present)
I was interested in social sector ,went to TISS for masters and then worked as Young Professional in Rajasthan state rural livelihood mission (Dept of rural development & panchayati raj,govt of rajasthan) from May 2015- May 2017 .There I worked for implementing National Rural Livelihood Mission .Main task was assisting district and state teams in capacity building(trainings to community cadre) ,institution building (SHG's,etc),financial inclusion ,livelihood intervention etc.
Currently(Since Aug 2017) I am working as C.M Fellow in Government of Madhya Pradesh .I am working as a capacity of chief minister's research associate closely analyzing policy of state government and giving feedback on the same. i have conducted various assessment study of policies and schemes of govt. of india and govt of madhya pradesh.Here I am closely working with bureaucrats and also assisting the district collector of a district. I also have firsthand experience of conducting quantitative and qualitative research.
I want to pursue MBA to switch into international development consultancy.I believe MBA will give thrust to my career as I have been at grassroot and policy level and would be completing 4 years in this sector when I join ISB in 2019 and also I am seeking to remain in the social sector as a consultant after MBA.
looking at my profile .Do i have a chance to get into ISB Or can you please suggest other options which I can look into?


Hi Tarunesh,

Thanks for your query.

Your differentiated profile will be very advantageous :) Moreover, your work experience in both the corporate and public sectors will enable you to put forth a varied skill-set and allow you to have a number of talking points in your essays.

Having said the above, the career goals and the need for MBA will be the most crucial elements of your profile and will need to be addressed in an appropriate manner. A compelling story will need to be drafted and the career goals will have to be in complete sync with the same. At the same time, how ISB will fit in with the overall scheme of things will be important as well :-)

With regard to the GMAT score, you must definitely aim for a score upwards of a 700! :) Also, to answer your question..of course, you have a good chance at receiving an ISB interview call provided you take care of the above-mentioned aspects.

Should you feel then need for a detailed discussion, feel free to reach out to us.

All the best!
_________________

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Preparation Online | 15 GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Status: sleeping
Joined: 20 Jul 2018
Posts: 52
Location: United States (NY)
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38
GRE 1: Q161 V164
Re: ISB profile review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2018, 05:52
Dhruv17111992 wrote:
Hi,

I am a chartered accountant with 2 years experience in corporate taxation from KPMG Mumbai. I have moved on to a strategy and operations roleinan FMCG start up in the last 6 months. I moved on from tax to get first hand experience from the business side of things and hence joined a start-up. I need a business education fr the future if iwant to start something on my own. Would request you to analyse my profile and let me know my chances at ISB or a top 20 B-shool in the USA.

GMAT: 690 (Q44 V39)
10th: 86%
12th: 78%
Bcom: 82%
Chartered Accountant -first attempt pass

Thank you


the chartered accountancy I think is a big plus, and quite impressive. you're so close to a gmat 700, i'd say focus your efforts on getting over that- but even if you don't, I think you're still competitive for ISB
_________________

NYC based Verbal and Writing tutor; taking clients pro bono atm

GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB profile review &nbs [#permalink] 31 Jul 2018, 05:52
Display posts from previous: Sort by

ISB profile review

  new topic post reply Update application status  


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.