GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Aug 2020, 02:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Ivey (Western) Full Time MBA (2021 Intake) Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Ivey (Western) Full Time MBA (2021 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2020, 05:02
Hi Everyone, how soon after submitting the application should one expect to hear back about the interview invite/rejection?
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q55 V55
GPA: 3.92

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2020, 05:29
Hi zoltrex20

Generally the response is within 1-2 weeks. However given the university was closed uptill Canada Day hence there could be some delay.

zoltrex20 wrote:
Hi Everyone, how soon after submitting the application should one expect to hear back about the interview invite/rejection?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Ivey '22 (S)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2020, 15:11
tyildirim92 wrote:
ratedR123 wrote:
hello all,

Its been 3 days since I submitted the application, but till now, I haven't got any acknowledgment mail. Is that fine?

when I saw in the portal, its mentioned as submitted.

regards,
ramkumar

GMAT is waived only this round and due date is soon. There should me many applications nowadays. That's normal I guess. In case you don't receive a reply soon, you may email them anyway.

what do you mean by "GMAT is waived"? I thought they will give a conditional offer and we will have to submit GMAT later.
Is it like completely waived off for all people who submit before the round 3 deadline?
Ivey Business School Moderator
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V33
GPA: 3.3
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2020, 15:24
anmoldps wrote:
tyildirim92 wrote:
ratedR123 wrote:
hello all,

Its been 3 days since I submitted the application, but till now, I haven't got any acknowledgment mail. Is that fine?

regards,
ramkumar

GMAT is waived only this round and due date is soon. There should me many applications nowadays. That's normal I guess. In case you don't receive a reply soon, you may email them anyway.

what do you mean by "GMAT is waived"? I thought they will give a conditional offer and we will have to submit GMAT later.
Is it like completely waived off for all people who submit before the round 3 deadline?

You are correct, they will send a conditional offer in case they like your profile, but it is not completely waived.
Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member CAT Tests
Ivey (Western) Full Time MBA (2021 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2020, 19:33
R3 deadline for Ivey is July 13. Does that mean do we have to submit the application before July 13 i.e till July 12 or we can submit the application on July 13 as well?
Can someone please clarify? bb: any idea?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Rotman, Ivey, Desautels
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2020, 22:25
Quick question, are job placements easier at Ivey due to its smaller cohort when compared to Rotman? Also, does the London location hinder the companies visiting the campus for career events?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2020, 22:31
Hi Advisinthetown,

Great question. I believe that a smaller cohort does play a part in placements specifically with reference to events on campus and internal recruitment opportunities. I do not believe that the location is a bad thing for ivey, as the same companies come to London compared to other places such as Toronto (where there is also more than rotman business school). Thus although the location might be a small challenge, it won't play to big a part in the placement or career prospects.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2020, 23:12
Hey anmoldps

Ivey reviews applications on rolling basis. So actually it doesn't matter when you apply as they would process your application as soon as you apply.

So pretty much first come first serve basis :-)

anmoldps wrote:
R3 deadline for Ivey is July 13. Does that mean do we have to submit the application before July 13 i.e till July 12 or we can submit the application on July 13 as well?

B
Schools: Ivey '22 (A$)
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V32

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2020, 04:23
anmoldps wrote:

Ivey follows a Rolling Admission policy. These deadlines are more like milestones, to understand how many deadlines till international students can't apply. Your applications will be processed as and when they come in.
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2020, 04:24
That's correct. There's no complete waiver at all. A few folks who have been given a conditional offer, have been asked to get a minimum of 600 in the GMAT before the course starts. Basis your profile, this number could change.

anmoldps wrote:
tyildirim92 wrote:
ratedR123 wrote:
hello all,

regards,
ramkumar

B

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2020, 04:28
These two data sets have no correlation at all. Ivey and Rotman are quite different in many aspects. For example. consultants would pick folks at let's say Associates at Rotman, but a Senior Associate from Ivey because of multiple reasons (Senior average age of the batch, plus more experience + more consulting focussed program)

The placements are far and few in Canada - Just about 25% at best from on-campus when companies come visiting. Most of the work is off - campus and networking driven, basis your goal and where you want to get to.

Ivey has a lot of support for students to get into the thick and thin of Toronto. From spending a week long there where Ivey sets up discussions with possible employers, to helping arrange coffee chats etc as well. The distance is a couple of hours away, and nothing too major - but yes, you will have a way better chance of cracking a job via networking in Toronto, rather than waiting for companies to visit for career events.

India and a few other countries are "placement" heavy, but not the case in Canada for sure. You make your own luck.

advisinthetown wrote:
Quick question, are job placements easier at Ivey due to its smaller cohort when compared to Rotman? Also, does the London location hinder the companies visiting the campus for career events?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2020, 05:36
advisinthetown wrote:

Smaller class size makes it easier to access school resources, such as coaches, advisors, etc. All of Canada's top schools witness about 20% of campus placements that are very competitive, so location doesn't matter, but smaller class size means less competition.

Apart from this, the majority of the work prospects come from a number of sources:
15-35% from jobs submitted on the school portal
5-10% from school alumni, corporate sessions
5% from referrals
And rest about 30-50 percent from the graduates' own sources, for which location closer to your desired industry would be beneficial.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2020, 06:02
Currently schools like Ivey and Queens are struggling with the issues put forward by the students about diversity, inclusion, bias and discrimination.

https://instagram.com/iveyatthemargins? ... xb5vetakjl

https://instagram.com/stolenbysmith?igshid=cdt8egxbfrll

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Rotman, Ivey, Desautels
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2020, 07:12
Thank you guys for your input..

Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2020, 09:24
bschoolhunter wrote:
Hey anmoldps

Ivey reviews applications on rolling basis. So actually it doesn't matter when you apply as they would process your application as soon as you apply.

anmoldps wrote:

Hi bschoolhunter,

I read this on Ivey's website:
"Given the impact of COVID-19 on GMAT/GRE testing centres, we will temporarily accept applications without GMAT/GRE scores until our Round 3 deadline on July 13th. Conditional admissions offers will be considered for successful applicants with outstanding scores."

I understand Ivey application is on a rolling basis but I want to submit my application without GMAT for now and submit my GMAT later. That's why I want to clarify the deadline. Can I submit my application on July 13 as well or last date is July 12?
Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2020, 09:26
SurajSathya wrote:
anmoldps wrote:

Ivey follows a Rolling Admission policy. These deadlines are more like milestones, to understand how many deadlines till international students can't apply. Your applications will be processed as and when they come in.

Hi SurajSathya,

"Given the impact of COVID-19 on GMAT/GRE testing centres, we will temporarily accept applications without GMAT/GRE scores until our Round 3 deadline on July 13th. Conditional admissions offers will be considered for successful applicants with outstanding scores."

I understand Ivey application is on a rolling basis but I want to submit my application without GMAT for now and submit my GMAT later. That's why I want to clarify the deadline. Can I submit my application on July 13 as well or last date is July 12?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2020, 12:03
Hey anmoldps

It's July 13, but I would not wait till the last date unless needed as there could be last minute issues (eg: system glitches etc more so since a lot of folks would be keen to submit before the no GMAT deadline).

anmoldps wrote:
bschoolhunter wrote:
Hey anmoldps

anmoldps wrote:

Hi bschoolhunter,

B

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2020, 23:05
If they have infact mentioned that July 13th is the deadline post which they wouldn't accept applications without GMAT, I would suggest you go ahead and hit submit before the deadline.

But with the situation getting worse around the world, I have a feeling they might extend this as well. But you'd better verify and confirm this with your Ad-Com SPOC. They can probably help you clarify this properly.

But I wouldn't wait if I were you, just to be on the safer side.

Cheers.

anmoldps wrote:
SurajSathya wrote:
anmoldps wrote:

Hi SurajSathya,

B
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V33
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2020, 14:46
Hey everyone, so I just submitted my application today and got a response a couple of hours later inviting me to the interview. I haven't received the mail with the details for booking my interview (apparently they will send it next week).
Basically, my question is whether this is an automated process and they invite pretty much everybody to the interview or if it helped to be in touch with my ad-com. Does anyone know?
Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2020, 16:11
dupuis2304 wrote:
Hey everyone, so I just submitted my application today and got a response a couple of hours later inviting me to the interview. I haven't received the mail with the details for booking my interview (apparently they will send it next week).
Basically, my question is whether this is an automated process and they invite pretty much everybody to the interview or if it helped to be in touch with my ad-com. Does anyone know?

Congrats dupuis2304, even I submitted my application today but I have not got any response yet.
I don't think you got an automated process.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Ivey (Western) Full Time MBA (2021 Intake) Class of 2022   [#permalink] 13 Jul 2020, 16:11

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15    Next  [ 299 posts ] 

Ivey (Western) Full Time MBA (2021 Intake) Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: SurajSathya, dupuis2304