Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:44 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools: Ivey '22 (A)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
Send PM
Re: Ivey (Western) Full Time MBA (2021 Intake) Class of 2022 [#permalink]
zoltrex20 wrote:
So many here have been hearing within 24-72 hours about their interview invitations and I have not heard back in 2+ weeks.
Happy for everyone but I am almost certain that it's a ding for me.

zoltrex20 Hello, as I mentioned in my previous comment your case has gone to the AdCom for discussion and you can expect a revert by early next week.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Nicoz wrote:
zoltrex20 wrote:
So many here have been hearing within 24-72 hours about their interview invitations and I have not heard back in 2+ weeks.

zoltrex20 Hello, as I mentioned in my previous comment your case has gone to the AdCom for discussion and you can expect a revert by early next week.

Hi Nicoz, thanks for the reply. I am worried because so many have heard back in 24-72 hours. And these are applicants who applied after me.
Hoping for the best!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
zoltrex20 wrote:

I understand your concern but every case is different. When particular candidate file doesn’t require any discussion, it is moved to the interview stage directly and if it does decision is made after the AdCom meeting. Adcom meeting will be completed by today and you can get a response by early next week.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Hey
While I know its an agonising wait,there could be multiple reasons for this. A trivial reason like your region's Adcom POC's unavailability could also be the reason.
However I would use this time to take a broader look at the schools that I am applying too. Also few months down, some schools would start their early admission cycle. I might think about those just as a backup measure.

Hope this was useful.

zoltrex20 wrote:
Nicoz wrote:
zoltrex20 wrote:

Hi Nicoz, thanks for the reply. I am worried because so many have heard back in 24-72 hours. And these are applicants who applied after me.
Hoping for the best!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nicoz wrote:
zoltrex20 wrote:

I understand your concern but every case is different. When particular candidate file doesn’t require any discussion, it is moved to the interview stage directly and if it does decision is made after the AdCom meeting. Adcom meeting will be completed by today and you can get a response by early next week.

Yup, makes sense! The only silver lining is that I have not received a rejection yet as well.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bschoolhunter wrote:
Hey
While I know its an agonising wait,there could be multiple reasons for this. A trivial reason like your region's Adcom POC's unavailability could also be the reason.
However I would use this time to take a broader look at the schools that I am applying too. Also few months down, some schools would start their early admission cycle. I might think about those just as a backup measure.

Hope this was useful.

zoltrex20 wrote:
Nicoz wrote:
zoltrex20 wrote:

Hoping for the best!

Ivey is more or less my #1 choice. Hoping it works out or else will have to think about other schools.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Hello all,

I got a ding mail from Ivey today and I heard like the applicants have increased by 70% this time.

My essays were more into procurement & operations. Hopefully, I will apply again with a stellar GMAT score and essays.

Commendably, This group was so helpful.

All the best to all :)

Regards,
Ram.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 389
Send PM
Bookmarks
Sorry to hear that RRated123. What is your background and GMAT score, if you dont mind sharing?

Any idea on the source of the 70% hike data?

BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 344 [0]
Given Kudos: 482
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.65
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
shubhamind90 wrote:
Sorry to hear that RRated123. What is your background and GMAT score, if you dont mind sharing?

Because of Covid-19, they temporarily waived the GMAT requirement. So, folks flocked to the application before the deadline.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
shubhamind90 wrote:

M.tech structural engineering - VIT : 8.75cgpa ; B.E Civil engineering : 7.7 CGPA .
5years of experience. Working as a proposal engineer (Pre-sales operations & procurement) in Dubai, UAE.
Gmat: Yet to take.
Extracurriculars: Alumni coordinator, sports captain, and College secretary.
Got ITA from Canadian Govt and waiting for PR.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ratedR123 wrote:
shubhamind90 wrote:

M.tech structural engineering - VIT : 8.75cgpa ; B.E Civil engineering : 7.7 CGPA .
5years of experience. Working as a proposal engineer (Pre-sales operations & procurement) in Dubai, UAE.

That’s a good profile. I felt you could have waited with the application until you get your pr. If you apply to Ivey as a domestic candidate, not only are you saving money, but you also have a higher chance of getting accepted. Ivey’s class of 2021 has over 70% domestic candidates.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
Send PM
SurajSathya wrote:
such8 wrote:
Can people who have gotten an admit/have been interviewed please share their interview experiences? Would be really helpful!

You could go through the Interview Debriefs for past experiences. All of them together should hold you in good stead. Focus on three things - Leadership, learnability and the "Why Ivey". Considering the career management team takes this interview, they want to be sure that you'd be a fit in the class, with your experience, what you've done, where your gaps are, how Ivey can help you fill those gaps - and how you'd be able to get through to your short term and long term goals.

Thanks a ton for sharing this, where can i find the interview debriefs?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
Send PM
Leonfranco wrote:
anmoldps wrote:
Leonfranco wrote:
zoltrex20 wrote:
Leonfranco wrote:
Hey everyone,

I sent in my application before the July 13th deadline.I ve been shortlisted for the interview by the admissions committee.
Would be extremely grateful for and advice regarding the same from those who have been through the interview already.

Thanks.

Hi Leonfranco,

Congratulations and good luck for the interview!
If you don't mind me asking you, when did you submit your application?

I submitted mine 2 weeks ago and have not heard back yet.

Hey Zoltrex,

Thank you.
I got my application in just before the deadline i.e July 13th. Ivey sent me a mail extending an invitation for an interview on the 15th of July.

Good luck to you too.

Congrats Leonfranco,

Have you submitted the GMAT yet? If yes, how was your score?

Thanks Anmoldps...yes i did i had a score of 670.How far along the process are you?

Hey, one very stupid question - do we need to reply to the mail which says we got an interview? Also, the mail mentions reach out to us if you have any questions about the process and stuff?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Nicoz wrote:
ratedR123 wrote:
shubhamind90 wrote:

That’s a good profile. I felt you could have waited with the application until you get your pr. If you apply to Ivey as a domestic candidate, not only are you saving money, but you also have a higher chance of getting accepted. Ivey’s class of 2021 has over 70% domestic candidates.

Hey Nico,
As far as I heard from the alumni, Ivey does not even care about the PR status of international applicants. They look for quality/diversity/social impact/leadership skills in students even though the candidate is from Canada. Good luck to you :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools: Ivey '22 (A$)
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V32
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Kudos
ratedR123 wrote:
Nicoz wrote:
ratedR123 wrote:
shubhamind90 wrote:

Hey Nico,
As far as I heard from the alumni, Ivey does not even care about the PR status of international applicants. They look for quality/diversity/social impact/leadership skills in students even though the candidate is from Canada. Good luck to you :)

That's correct.

Having said that, there is a certain %age of students that they need to have on a domestic front. But nothing written in stone, at all. Sure, the PR would help apply in the later deadlines, etc. But if you apply in the first 3-4 rounds, you'll have as good a chance as a local Canadian Citizen/PR holder would.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Honestly not a big deal at all. You can reply if you want to acknowledge it. Nothing happens if you don't either. The second question is pretty straight forward as well, if you have questions, go ahead and ask them. If you don't, just accept the invite, you'll have all other details in your email inbox.

On your earlier question, you can find the Interview Debrief's at the top of the page, above the name of the thread. Here's the link - https://gmatclub.com/forum/ivey-western ... brief.html

Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
tyildirim92 wrote:
shubhamind90 wrote:

Because of Covid-19, they temporarily waived the GMAT requirement. So, folks flocked to the application before the deadline.

Temporarily waived the GMAT, but you will still have to write that a later stage, with different target scores basis the profile. Could be 600 for some, 650 for the others and 680+ for a few.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  24   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts