Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:26 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools: Ivey '22 (A$)
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V32
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Re: Ivey (Western) Full Time MBA (2021 Intake) Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Kudos
Hey Nilesh!

Interesting profile. I would've initially thought that 10+ years of experience might warrant the Ivey team to suggest an Exec MBA, but considering your interesting experience + global exposure, I'm guessing this did make sense for them right now. Good stuff on the invite.

Generally, the more experience you have, the lesser weightage GMAT will obviously have. So I don't think you would need anything more than a 600 if all goes well with the interviews. But again, I could be a wrong as well. The school would of course give you a tent range, but do remember, GMAT is just one of the many data sets that they would look at. And no application is rejected or turned down because of a less-than-average GMAT score.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

nileshmkumar wrote:
Hi, Moderators an al,

I see you have some valuable thought on the admissions, wanted to seek some evaluation on my profile and any directions from here.

Profile Overview:
Indian National, B.Tech in Information Technology: 9.41 CGPA.
10+years of experience. Working as a Product delivery manager, Software in Singapore.
7.5 year of global experience (UK, Netherlands, Singapore, Malaysia and Isreal)
Gmat: Yet to take.
Extracurriculars: Undergrad student leader.....

Submitted on 13th July
Got an invite on 14th July
Got a follow up on my pending reference(1) on 17th July

Appreciate any advice and what might a good GMAT score from here.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Schools: Ivey '22 (S)
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi everyone,
I am getting slightly anxious. I applied on July 12th and unlike some applicants here, I haven't heard back. The application status said, 'decision pending'. I did not have a typical consulting background. I've had marketing experience spread over 9 years and 4 countries. At the moment, I have a PR and I live and work in Canada. I took an advanced marketing course at Wharton last December, but originally I am from India. I wonder if there's anything in my profile that can explain the delay, perhaps?!
Any input from you guys would be great. Thank you!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Schools: Ivey '22 (A$)
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V32
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Hey there.

Like mentioned in some of the earlier messages, there is no fixed TAT for them responding here. They’ll pick them up as they come. They do this country wise as well many times, and that could be one possible explanation.

You don’t have to worry about “typical consulting background” at all. Most of the cohort isn’t from that background.

A PR and experience in Canada would definitely help, and the experience seems interesting too.

Would suggest that you hang on for a while longer. And maybe check with your Ad-Com spoc in a few days if you have one, that is. Generally, you’re assigned one after the initial profile review on the website.

Do let me know if you have any questions.

PhantomCzarina wrote:
Hi everyone,
I am getting slightly anxious. I applied on July 12th and unlike some applicants here, I haven't heard back. The application status said, 'decision pending'. I did not have a typical consulting background. I've had marketing experience spread over 9 years and 4 countries. At the moment, I have a PR and I live and work in Canada. I took an advanced marketing course at Wharton last December, but originally I am from India. I wonder if there's anything in my profile that can explain the delay, perhaps?!

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 72
Send PM
PhantomCzarina wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hi, you do not have to worry. You have a good profile and you can expect a response from AdCom by next week.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks, Suraj and Nicoz. I appreciate your help. My last reference completed their recommendation a few minutes back. Perhaps, that will complete my file. Fingers crossed. And congratulations on your acceptance, Suraj. :)

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
PhantomCzarina wrote:
Thanks, Suraj and Nicoz. I appreciate your help. My last reference completed their recommendation a few minutes back. Perhaps, that will complete my file. Fingers crossed. And congratulations on your acceptance, Suraj. :)

Hi,

Ivey actually states that they don't need your recommendation latter to start the evaluation process and extend an interview invite.
They need the letters before giving out the final letter. However, I am sure you will hear back soon as someone stated that they must have met around the 15th.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has any insight about interview to admit % ?
I know they don't interview everyone but what are the odds of getting admitted finally if you are invited for an interview?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
A tough one! Though what I feel is among the Canadian schools Ivey is more liberal with extending an interview invite. Hence the actual acceptance % post interview might be lower for Ivey as compared to other schools

zoltrex20 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has any insight about interview to admit % ?
I know they don't interview everyone but what are the odds of getting admitted finally if you are invited for an interview?

Thanks!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
Send PM
Is scholarship interview and this interview different? can anyone help me with the process?

BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 344 [0]
Given Kudos: 482
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.65
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
such8 wrote:
Is a scholarship interview and this interview different? can anyone help me with the process?

As far as I know, there is no separate scholarship interview. In case you are admitted, they mention whether you are granted a scholarship.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
You're right! I read that too. At the moment, I'm thinking of all positive reasons why I don't have an answer. But you guys have really helped my anxiety with your replies. Thank you. I am hoping that sometime in the week ahead, I will have a positive news to share. Wishing everyone the very best. Sending good vibes!

zoltrex20 wrote:
PhantomCzarina wrote:

Hi,

Ivey actually states that they don't need your recommendation latter to start the evaluation process and extend an interview invite.
They need the letters before giving out the final letter. However, I am sure you will hear back soon as someone stated that they must have met around the 15th.

Originally posted by PhantomCzarina on 19 Jul 2020, 14:39.
Last edited by PhantomCzarina on 19 Jul 2020, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
Send PM
Hey team,

Just looking for a profile review as I'll be submitting my application sometime this week but would like your thoughts as well!

Profile Overview:
Canadian, 25 y/o, Undergrad GPA 3.1 (History & Business Minor)
3.5 years of experience, work for a US-based beverage company and have been an Operations Manager managing staff across Canada (and Hawaii!) for nearly two years - now manage distributor relations and upper-level chain development.
Gmat: 670 (Q42 V40)
Extracurriculars: Varsity Athlete for my 4 years of university (rugby), rugby coach and player still.

I know my experience is lacking compared to some other applicants but am curious nonetheless.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Russ,
I think you have an interesting background and a good GMAT score. With your work experience, it appears that you have a strong leadership potential as well. Don't second guess yourself! (Trust me, I've been there too. haha!).
At the end of the day, what's in our control? Trying to put forward the best application that we can.
I'd recommend that you submit your application when you're 100% confident and leave the rest to the universe. If it's meant to be, it'll be.
Sendingg positive vibes your way. Good luck!
:)

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
Send PM
PhantomCzarina wrote:
Hey Russ,
I think you have an interesting background and a good GMAT score. With your work experience, it appears that you have a strong leadership potential as well. Don't second guess yourself! (Trust me, I've been there too. haha!).
At the end of the day, what's in our control? Trying to put forward the best application that we can.
I'd recommend that you submit your application when you're 100% confident and leave the rest to the universe. If it's meant to be, it'll be.

Hey mate, I appreciate it. I see some of these posts and profiles and get intimated by my youth or GMAT so thanks again for the kind words.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
You're intelligent and clearly ambitious. You have no reason to feel intimidated. The best part is that you have a cool undergrad major and fun extracurriculars. You'll add a unique perspective to discussions with the cohort and Ivey needs that.
We are all humans and none of us is perfect. Trust me, I am crossing my fingers hoping that they accept me. If I had a penny for every time I got anxious comparing myself with other applicants,... Let's just say, I'd have a solid capital for an e-commerce start-up. Haha!
It's definitely nerve-wracking to not know the clear answers, but you gotta have faith -in yourself and in the process. I hope my long message helps you feel slightly less anxious. Good luck!

Russthemann wrote:
PhantomCzarina wrote:
Hey Russ,

Hey mate, I appreciate it. I see some of these posts and profiles and get intimated by my youth or GMAT so thanks again for the kind words.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
Send PM
tyildirim92 wrote:
such8 wrote:
Is a scholarship interview and this interview different? can anyone help me with the process?

As far as I know, there is no separate scholarship interview. In case you are admitted, they mention whether you are granted a scholarship.

Thanks for your reply! So in that case, they will ask you questions based on scholarship essay and stuff during this one interview itself?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Jumping in here!
From what I have gathered so far:
This interview will be with the career management team where they would like to understand your career goals, leadership potential and personal traits.
The scholarship essay is reviewed only by the financial aid office team. This interview may not have any questions related to your scholarship essay. Most likely, it will be a conversation where they will try to understand how good a fit you are for the program.

Don't be nervous. Believe in yourself. Good luck!

such8 wrote:
tyildirim92 wrote:
such8 wrote:

Thanks for your reply! So in that case, they will ask you questions based on scholarship essay and stuff during this one interview itself?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  24   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts