Last visit was: 18 May 2024, 07:04 It is currently 18 May 2024, 07:04
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q169 V165
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [1]
Given Kudos: 158
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.48
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
I didn't get a reply and I got accepted so I wouldn't read too much into it.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.2
WE:Corporate Finance (Retail)
Send PM
anuM999 wrote:
this might be a silly question. but I'm just wondering if people got replies to their thank you emails post interview?
sorry, just getting paranoid.. thanks in advance.

I interviewed with an ad-com member and i got reply to my email. But i also think that it does not mean much.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
thanks guys for humoring my question :-)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
anuM999 wrote:
this might be a silly question. but I'm just wondering if people got replies to their thank you emails post interview?

I sent an email but no reply yet. But only did this in the past few days.

8 days to go before decision date!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
anuM999 wrote:

My interview was conducted by an adcom member and my thank you note was unacknowledged as well. I was worried about it too until I read the replies to your question. All the best for the results!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
I got a reply, but this is probably just blind luck. If you interview with a second year, remember, they are busy students. If they don't reply, don't take it personally.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Hey guys,
I was wait-listed without interview in round 1. i have since provided 2 updates and 3 additional recommendations. I havent heard a word from them since my last update. Anyone from India who was wait-listed and got an interview call?

Also, is it too late and no hope left?
Johnson is my last shot at B-School this year. So really hoping that it falls through.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
nksbits wrote:
Hey guys,
I was wait-listed without interview in round 1. i have since provided 2 updates and 3 additional recommendations. I havent heard a word from them since my last update. Anyone from India who was wait-listed and got an interview call?

Johnson is my last shot at B-School this year. So really hoping that it falls through.

There is still some hope, but the waitlist is far from a sure thing. As I understand it, they use the WL to fill out their class if matriculation misses their targets. That means you are at the whims of everyone else who got in. That also means that they are looking for people who really want to go there and will matriculate if granted admission off the waitlist. Keep them updated and make sure you are on the top of the pile when they go to start filling in their class. There are plenty of discussions on here (I'm sure someone can provide a link) about strategies for increasing your chances of admission off the WL.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
alwayswaiting wrote:
nksbits wrote:
Hey guys,

There is still some hope, but the waitlist is far from a sure thing. As I understand it, they use the WL to fill out their class if matriculation misses their targets. That means you are at the whims of everyone else who got in. That also means that they are looking for people who really want to go there and will matriculate if granted admission off the waitlist. Keep them updated and make sure you are on the top of the pile when they go to start filling in their class. There are plenty of discussions on here (I'm sure someone can provide a link) about strategies for increasing your chances of admission off the WL.

I'm sorry, but unless you work at Johnson, everything you've said is nothing more than a guess. Different schools use WL in different ways, and I can come up with a few dozens of plausible theories on how Johnson looks into it and approaches it's WL candidates. Not to mention that every applicant has a different application, and reasons why someone has been WLed are also different. :?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
MrRed wrote:
alwayswaiting wrote:
nksbits wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm sorry, but unless you work at Johnson, everything you've said is nothing more than a guess. Different schools use WL in different ways, and I can come up with a few dozens of plausible theories on how Johnson looks into it and approaches it's WL candidates. Not to mention that every applicant has a different application, and reasons why someone has been WLed are also different. :?

Fair point about this being different across schools, but it is based on what I have heard from adcom members at other schools. I also had forgotten the upcoming R3 decisions and thought the bulk of decisions were done. What I said will likely be more true for anyone still on the waitlist after R3 has settled than it is currently.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q43 V44
Send PM
I interviewed about three weeks ago but my application status still says, "Schedule Interview". Does anyone else have the same?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools: Olin '17 (M$)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
takemetotuck wrote:
I interviewed about three weeks ago but my application status still says, "Schedule Interview". Does anyone else have the same?

Yes, I don't think it'll change till the decisions come out.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
freeflow wrote:
takemetotuck wrote:

Yes, I don't think it'll change till the decisions come out.

Mine's still the same. I agree with takemetotuck
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Has anyone who has interviewed with Johnson in the last two weeks heard back with a decision? Or are we all most likely going to hear back on the 25th?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
ceekster wrote:
Has anyone who has interviewed with Johnson in the last two weeks heard back with a decision? Or are we all most likely going to hear back on the 25th?

The majority of interview requests went out on the notification deadline so I wouldn't be surprised if they release decisions on the decision notification deadline as well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
The waiting is killing me!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools: Olin '17 (M$)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Quadpod wrote:
ceekster wrote:

The majority of interview requests went out on the notification deadline so I wouldn't be surprised if they release decisions on the decision notification deadline as well.

How was it in Round1 dtse86? Will there be any calls from adcom before the decision date?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  53   54   55   56   57  ...  71   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6929 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts