GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 04 Jul 2020, 16:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.65
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 13:17
Invited to scholarship weekend but can't make it. There goes any hope of park fellowship

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.3
WE: Research (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 13:19
rdg15 wrote:
Invited to scholarship weekend but can't make it. There goes any hope of park fellowship

How and when were you notified of that invitation?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.34
WE: Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 13:55
worldsteeldy wrote:
rdg15 wrote:

I found out I was accepted at 12:10pm EST today (online application update like everyone else.) I didn't receive a call until 4PM EST time today. I missed the call in a meeting and they left a voicemail which notified me that I was invited to a "scholarship weekend" on April 11th.

They also mentioned there would be a formal follow-up email with this information.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q169 V165
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 13:59
jimmy347539 wrote:
worldsteeldy wrote:
rdg15 wrote:

I found out I was accepted at 12:10pm EST today (online application update like everyone else.) I didn't receive a call until 4PM EST time today. I missed the call in a meeting and they left a voicemail which notified me that I was invited to a "scholarship weekend" on April 11th.

They also mentioned there would be a formal follow-up email with this information.

Interesting. I got a call around 2:30 PM today as a congratulations, and I was told "if you applied for a merit scholarship you will hear on this in the next [one? two? can't remember] week[s]." Guess that doesn't bode too well for my scholarship.

Congrats!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 14:02
"If you applied for merit scholarship, decisions will be made on a rolling basis within two weeks of your admission decision. Scholarship notifications will come as an email directly from the Financial Aid Office."

For those of you who haven't gotten the official email yet and wondering when scholarships will be announced.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 14:47
bb85 wrote:
trivium wrote:
Sorry this happened, but you got into Darden, which is as strong a program if not stronger in every respect. Nothing to be disappointed about.

Funny that I was saying the same thing as you about Darden in December. I was in the first round of invites, I thought my interview went well, and I raised my GMAT by 20 points the week after. I thought it was a shoo-in, then I got dinged. Just goes to show that it's not always a logical or predictable process.

Rejection was a great shock for me. May be its all because of how you set your expectation. Frankly speaking, as the beginning of all this process, I put Cornell and Tepper as my best bets and was not expecting anything from Darden. But now, I have an acceptance from there and was rejected by Cornell. I should accept that sometimes the feeling of being unique (as the only one person who got rejection) is not as good as I thought :-D

At the end of the day, the admissions process is not a science. The pool applying to the school will probably also play an integral part of deciding if you get in, might be just the case that there are people with similar profiles as yours that applied too. :(
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.65

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 15:17
Scholarship weekend is for the named scholarships (ie park fellowship). Merit scholarships are seperate. I have no chance at the park fellowship because I can't make scholarship weekend, but I am still eligible for merit scholarship.

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Nonprofit, Technology
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 15:49
I applied for the Park Fellowship. Am I automatically considered for other merit scholarships? I don't remember having to fill out a separate application.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Olin '17 (M$)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.41
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 23:34
I have no words to express my disappointment. What makes it so hard for me is that I thought my essays and interview went really well in the end after a lot of effort :( Right now, I cannot see beyond the diversity factor as a possible reason for rejection, but one can only guess.

I am really happy to see some of the guys very passionate about Johnson getting in though:) Congrats y'all!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 23:36
freeflow wrote:
I have no words to express my disappointment. What makes it so hard for me is that I thought my essays and interview went really well in the end after a lot of effort :( Right now, I cannot see beyond the diversity factor as a possible reason for rejection, but one can only guess.

I am really happy to see some of the guys very passionate about Johnson getting in though:) Congrats y'all!

All the best freeflow. You have some great schools on your list!
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 23:48
ceekster wrote:
freeflow wrote:

All the best freeflow. You have some great schools on your list!

Thanks!!
None of these schools have me on their list in turn (except Olin) :-D

I'm sure you'll do well at Johnson. :gl
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 23:55
freeflow wrote:
Thanks!!

You still technically have a shot at Kenan and Tepper right? Stay positive.

To be honest, I think my background (geographically) helped me a lot. All schools want diversity in their class. I come from South East Asia (specifically the Philippines), which typically does not send a lot of candidates to MBA programs. The last Filipino to graduate Johnson was 3 or 4 years ago.
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.2
WE: Corporate Finance (Retail)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 02:56
freeflow wrote:

Same diappointment here freeflow. The worst feeling is knowing you did the best you could and they did not appreciate it, even with a simple waitlist. I feel sorry for not for being rejected but for all my effort on Johnson. I started to think that i should have showed this effort not only for Johnson but for two schools. This could have increased my chance to get an admission offer. And could have given a chance to me for making a choice. Anyways, this is life and it seems we have to learn to embrace all defeats and learn from them.

Did you get any feedback e-mail about your application from Johnson yesterday?

By the way, congrats to those who reached their dream!! I am happy for you guys! :clap: :clap:
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 03:15
bb85 wrote:
freeflow wrote:

Same diappointment here freeflow. The worst feeling is knowing you did the best you could and they did not appreciate it, even with a simple waitlist. I feel sorry for not for being rejected but for all my effort on Johnson. I started to think that i should have showed this effort not only for Johnson but for two schools. This could have increased my chance to get an admission offer. And could have given a chance to me for making a choice. Anyways, this is life and it seems we have to learn to embrace all defeats and learn from them.

By the way, congrats to those who reached their dream!! I am happy for you guys! :clap: :clap:

Yeah, it's just a generic feedback email on common improvement areas like GMAT, Goals etc. which don't seem relevant to me.

I might be wrong here but IMHO, I feel we are entitled to an individual feedback - just two sentences about the main reason they denied admission would've been enough. We've written hundreds of lines on our essays, spending weeks to come up with content from our side after all. :(
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 03:23
ceekster wrote:
freeflow wrote:
Thanks!!

You still technically have a shot at Kenan and Tepper right? Stay positive.

To be honest, I think my background (geographically) helped me a lot. All schools want diversity in their class. I come from South East Asia (specifically the Philippines), which typically does not send a lot of candidates to MBA programs. The last Filipino to graduate Johnson was 3 or 4 years ago.

Well, I'm one among the MANY Indians on these waitlists. So the chances are quite slim. But yeah, there's still a sliver of hope.
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.2
WE: Corporate Finance (Retail)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 04:29
freeflow wrote:
bb85 wrote:
freeflow wrote:

Yeah, it's just a generic feedback email on common improvement areas like GMAT, Goals etc. which don't seem relevant to me.

I might be wrong here but IMHO, I feel we are entitled to an individual feedback - just two sentences about the main reason they denied admission would've been enough. We've written hundreds of lines on our essays, spending weeks to come up with content from our side after all. :(

After spending hours for preparation and after a lot of sweat, blood and effort, we need to hear the reason that why we did not get accepted. :? :? Such a generic email is not fair!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.9
WE: Analyst (Retail)

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 09:03
Not to change the subject, but I'm a R3 applicant and I just got invited to interview. I wasn't expecting to hear back for a few weeks so I was very pleasantly surprised.
I'm coming from Chicago and it seems like Ithaca isn't the most accessible place. How did you guys get there? It's $600 to fly into Ithaca, $300 to Syracuse, and $215 to Rochester. Are there any other places I should look at right? Right now I'm leaning towards renting a car in Rochester and driving down. Thoughts?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q169 V165
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 09:21
jrob30 wrote:
Not to change the subject, but I'm a R3 applicant and I just got invited to interview. I wasn't expecting to hear back for a few weeks so I was very pleasantly surprised.
I'm coming from Chicago and it seems like Ithaca isn't the most accessible place. How did you guys get there? It's $600 to fly into Ithaca, $300 to Syracuse, and $215 to Rochester. Are there any other places I should look at right? Right now I'm leaning towards renting a car in Rochester and driving down. Thoughts?

$215 to Rochester sounds like a pretty good deal. I would pick either that or just flying into Ithaca for convenience. $600 tickets to/from Ithaca are pretty much the norm if you are trying to go somewhere besides Philly, NYC, or a handful of others.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 09:28
jrob30 wrote:

This is exactly what I did for my interview. I flew to Rochester (from Chicago) and then rented a car. It's a solid 1.5 hour to 2.0 hour drive to Ithaca from the airport, so plan accordingly. I also anticipated snow and rented an SVU just in case (which was well worth it as it was snowing a ton when I was there). Although at this point I think you're fine because it's nearly April. Best of luck.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 09:31
rdg15 wrote:
Scholarship weekend is for the named scholarships (ie park fellowship). Merit scholarships are seperate. I have no chance at the park fellowship because I can't make scholarship weekend, but I am still eligible for merit scholarship.

What is the process/itinerary like for the scholarship weekend? Are there more interviews? Anxious to know what is actually involved, and how we are actually selected for the Park Fellowship or other "named" scholarships. Is there a chance we spend the $$$ to go back out there and come away empty handed?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants   [#permalink] 26 Mar 2015, 09:31

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  60   61   62   63   64   65   66  ...  71    Next  [ 1409 posts ] 

Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: vinayakvaish