GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 07 Jul 2020, 06:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Mar 2015
Posts: 30
GMAT 1: 580 Q39 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2015, 01:18
wattayl wrote:
Yes, agree. They will ask you about other schools in the interview largely to gauge your true interest in the program. There should be a "method to the madness" of why you selected your schools of which to apply. Be prepared to answer that without bring too flustered. Just my thoughts.

Posted from my mobile device


Would they ask about the application status at other schools? I reckon it's not working in your advantage to tell them you're being waitlisted / dinged at other schools as that would be indicative of your value. How honest should we be? I assume they cannot validate our answers right? At least not with the schools we don't tell them.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Status: Current Johnson Student ('17)
Joined: 02 Dec 2011
Posts: 300
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2015, 06:18
seechange wrote:

Would they ask about the application status at other schools? I reckon it's not working in your advantage to tell them you're being waitlisted / dinged at other schools as that would be indicative of your value. How honest should we be? I assume they cannot validate our answers right? At least not with the schools we don't tell them.


I'm not quite sure about this if you're applying in R3 or later. I interviewed in R2 and they did not ask about status.

I think the point of asking which other schools you're applying to just gives Johnson an idea if you're making them a "safety" or not - and they hate being safety schools of people.

I think they have absolutely no way of checking what you do say re: other schools. I've never heard of any school asking proof whether you applied to some other school or not.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Mar 2015
Posts: 30
GMAT 1: 580 Q39 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2015, 07:13
ceekster wrote:
seechange wrote:

Would they ask about the application status at other schools? I reckon it's not working in your advantage to tell them you're being waitlisted / dinged at other schools as that would be indicative of your value. How honest should we be? I assume they cannot validate our answers right? At least not with the schools we don't tell them.


I'm not quite sure about this if you're applying in R3 or later. I interviewed in R2 and they did not ask about status.

I think the point of asking which other schools you're applying to just gives Johnson an idea if you're making them a "safety" or not - and they hate being safety schools of people.

I think they have absolutely no way of checking what you do say re: other schools. I've never heard of any school asking proof whether you applied to some other school or not.


That makes sense, thank you!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Nov 2013
Posts: 18
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Johnson '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 2: 700 Q43 V44
GPA: 3.6
WE: Operations (Computer Software)
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2015, 06:19
seechange wrote:
ceekster wrote:
seechange wrote:

Would they ask about the application status at other schools? I reckon it's not working in your advantage to tell them you're being waitlisted / dinged at other schools as that would be indicative of your value. How honest should we be? I assume they cannot validate our answers right? At least not with the schools we don't tell them.


I'm not quite sure about this if you're applying in R3 or later. I interviewed in R2 and they did not ask about status.

I think the point of asking which other schools you're applying to just gives Johnson an idea if you're making them a "safety" or not - and they hate being safety schools of people.

I think they have absolutely no way of checking what you do say re: other schools. I've never heard of any school asking proof whether you applied to some other school or not.


That makes sense, thank you!


I think it's also about making sure there is a 'common theme' running through the schools you are applying to e.g. if you tell Johnson you like the school because you want to go into finance and it has a great finance program but then tell them you are applying to schools where finance isn't a core focus that can show indecisiveness over your future plans. I wouldn't stress too much about it but you just need to make sure the group of schools you tell them you are applying to makes sense with your goals.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Apr 2015
Posts: 43
Location: United States
Schools: Johnson '17 (M)
Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2015, 07:07
How was DJ???? Anyone have any opinions??? I wasn't there, but I'd love to hear about it!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Jan 2014
Posts: 20
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2015, 07:37
seechange wrote:
wattayl wrote:
Yes, agree. They will ask you about other schools in the interview largely to gauge your true interest in the program. There should be a "method to the madness" of why you selected your schools of which to apply. Be prepared to answer that without bring too flustered. Just my thoughts.

Posted from my mobile device


Would they ask about the application status at other schools? I reckon it's not working in your advantage to tell them you're being waitlisted / dinged at other schools as that would be indicative of your value. How honest should we be? I assume they cannot validate our answers right? At least not with the schools we don't tell them.



hey, if they really want to they can validate. I was at one school and during a candid session adcom mentioned how she was good friends with adcom from another school. so if they really wanted to check, all they have to do is pick up the phone and ask.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Nov 2013
Posts: 18
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Johnson '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 2: 700 Q43 V44
GPA: 3.6
WE: Operations (Computer Software)
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2015, 07:52
1
ChaoticTheory wrote:
How was DJ???? Anyone have any opinions??? I wasn't there, but I'd love to hear about it!


I went and thoroughly enjoyed the weekend. Met a lot of great people and really enjoyed the different sessions they had put together. I really got the feel of a school where staff, students and alumni want to help you get the most out of your time there.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Status: Current Johnson Student ('17)
Joined: 02 Dec 2011
Posts: 300
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2015, 08:59
carrtb wrote:
I think it's also about making sure there is a 'common theme' running through the schools you are applying to e.g. if you tell Johnson you like the school because you want to go into finance and it has a great finance program but then tell them you are applying to schools where finance isn't a core focus that can show indecisiveness over your future plans. I wouldn't stress too much about it but you just need to make sure the group of schools you tell them you are applying to makes sense with your goals.


Have to agree with you here. They don't want to see that you applied to a bunch of schools with high rankings.

In my case, I applied to Anderson and Ross too. Common theme with those two and Johnson is the "immersion" program, Anderson has AMR and Ross has MAP.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Status: Current Johnson Student ('17)
Joined: 02 Dec 2011
Posts: 300
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2015, 09:00
carrtb wrote:
ChaoticTheory wrote:
How was DJ???? Anyone have any opinions??? I wasn't there, but I'd love to hear about it!


I went and thoroughly enjoyed the weekend. Met a lot of great people and really enjoyed the different sessions they had put together. I really got the feel of a school where staff, students and alumni want to help you get the most out of your time there.


Extremely good to hear. See you on campus carrtb!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Apr 2011
Posts: 41
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2015, 19:26
R1 waitlisted without interview.
Still no response or notification from adcom. Sent 3 additional recos, 2 updates and an alumni recommendation.
Is it all over or do I still have hope?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 13 Feb 2014
Posts: 260
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q169 V165
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2015, 06:09
nksbits wrote:
R1 waitlisted without interview.
Still no response or notification from adcom. Sent 3 additional recos, 2 updates and an alumni recommendation.
Is it all over or do I still have hope?


It isn't over yet. Continued interest from you is probably good, but you can't count on anything from the WL. They should let you know when they have eliminated you from all consideration.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2014
Posts: 21
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.9
WE: Analyst (Retail)
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2015, 11:20
Does anyone know if there will be any sort of early admission for R3 or if they will wait until the deadline to let everyone know? I tried looking through last year's thread but it seems like they had a slightly different timeline last year.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Nov 2014
Posts: 17
Schools: Johnson '17 (WL)
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2015, 14:51
R2 waitlisted but just got an interview invitation. While I paid deposit for UNC, I do prefer Cornell over UNC. Does it still make sense if I accept this interview invitation?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 13 Feb 2014
Posts: 260
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q169 V165
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2015, 17:00
llpbrace wrote:
R2 waitlisted but just got an interview invitation. While I paid deposit for UNC, I do prefer Cornell over UNC. Does it still make sense if I accept this interview invitation?


I mean if you really like Cornell more (Full disclosure, I made the exact opposite assessment), it isn't like you are really losing anything by interviewing with Cornell. If you do go through with the Cornell interview, be prepared to make a quick decision on whether or not you will commit to Johnson. Luckily UNC's deposit is relatively cheap compared to a number of other schools, and the only other thing you really have to worry about is making sure you are registered for ASW if you think you want to do that.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2013
Posts: 1
Concentration: Healthcare, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.76
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2015, 19:56
I applied in R2 and got waitlisted. After I received declines on my other applications, I decided to move on to a different job last month. Today, I received an interview invite from Johnson. Please feel free to share any suggestions on how I should share this update with the ad-com or the interviewers. Thank you.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 12
Location: United States
Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2015, 10:17
1
Accepted! Got the call today. Missed all the fun at the accepted student weekend, but doesn't matter - so excited to get started!
Retired Moderator
User avatar
Status: And so it ends...
Joined: 03 Feb 2014
Posts: 575
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.48
WE: Engineering (Other)
Reviews Badge
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2015, 10:29
Quadpod wrote:
Accepted! Got the call today. Missed all the fun at the accepted student weekend, but doesn't matter - so excited to get started!


Congrats! Welcome to Johnson!
_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Dec 2014
Posts: 3
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GPA: 2.48
WE: Sales (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2015, 13:37
Quadpod wrote:
Accepted! Got the call today. Missed all the fun at the accepted student weekend, but doesn't matter - so excited to get started!


Congrats!!

I got a voice mail from the admissions office today saying they wanted to "speak with me about my interest in attending Johnson", but I didn't get a chance to call back before they had all left for the day! I know I've already waited months without hearing anything, but waiting until tomorrow to speak with them is going to drive me crazy!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Feb 2015
Posts: 2
Schools: Olin '17 (A)
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2015, 00:00
Quadpod wrote:
Accepted! Got the call today. Missed all the fun at the accepted student weekend, but doesn't matter - so excited to get started!

Congrats!!! Do you apply in R3? I have not got any message and call yet. Cross fingers......
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Status: Current Johnson Student ('17)
Joined: 02 Dec 2011
Posts: 300
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2015, 00:42
Quadpod wrote:
Accepted! Got the call today. Missed all the fun at the accepted student weekend, but doesn't matter - so excited to get started!


Congrats! See you in Ithaca!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants   [#permalink] 08 May 2015, 00:42

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71    Next  [ 1409 posts ] 

Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: vinayakvaish






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne