Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:12 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Real Estate, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.1
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Re: Kellogg Class of 2016 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink]
Congrats guys... Hoping for the best for you. Let us know when you hear something - it's nice to see some movement after all this time!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I'm completely jealous but best of luck glad it seems to be working out for some. Quite possibly offers for part time based on last years thread but hopefully they'll give a few FT's aswell. Let us know! Good luck!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.14
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
i also got a message for scheduling a short call with the Dean. i'm Chicago based so i'm guessing it's most probably an offer for the part-time program.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
easy2type wrote:
I got an e-mail from the Office of Admissions asking me if for my availability this Monday to talk with Dean Kate Smith. I'm taking that as a positive sign, and perhaps most importantly, to everyone else on the waitlist - don't lose hope, there is still some movement on the WL.

That being said, does any one have any pointers on preparing for this call? I'm uncertain on what questions she might ask, maybe about some information in my essays? Any input would be great

Any updates? Thank you in advance from a fellow-waitlister.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.14
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
chouman wrote:
easy2type wrote:
I got an e-mail from the Office of Admissions asking me if for my availability this Monday to talk with Dean Kate Smith. I'm taking that as a positive sign, and perhaps most importantly, to everyone else on the waitlist - don't lose hope, there is still some movement on the WL.

That being said, does any one have any pointers on preparing for this call? I'm uncertain on what questions she might ask, maybe about some information in my essays? Any input would be great

It was an invite for the part-time program. From my discussion with the Dean, I discerned that there are very few open seats left now. The only reason there's still a waitlist pool is because there might always be people who withdraw their acceptance between now and the start of the program. This is where the Adcom looks towards the waitlist pool to fill vacant spots. So it's all a game of chance now. The Dean also mentioned that things would get pretty clear by mid-July for waitlist candidates but, of course, there can be further movement till the start of the program.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
ayushs wrote:
chouman wrote:
easy2type wrote:

It was an invite for the part-time program. From my discussion with the Dean, I discerned that there are very few open seats left now. The only reason there's still a waitlist pool is because there might always be people who withdraw their acceptance between now and the start of the program. This is where the Adcom looks towards the waitlist pool to fill vacant spots. So it's all a game of chance now. The Dean also mentioned that things would get pretty clear by mid-July for waitlist candidates but, of course, there can be further movement till the start of the program.

Ayushs: Appreciate the followup! Did you decide to take the part-time offer? Best luck to everyone still waiting here.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
is it possible they are also trying to fill their part time pool if not so many people apply? if it is not, then sounds like those who do not even get invites for part time may not even get into the full time program, suppose the full time program has a higher bar..

for those who got the part time offer, what happens if you do not take the offer, are you then officially off the waitlist then? thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
My call was also an invite to look into the part-time program, and I am considering the offer. I can keep my spot on the FT waitlist while I think about switching to the PT program.

I got the same info as others about the state of the FT class ... it's basically full, and they can only admit people from the waitlist if someone else drops out.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
ehemingway wrote:
My call was also an invite to look into the part-time program, and I am considering the offer. I can keep my spot on the FT waitlist while I think about switching to the PT program.

I got the same info as others about the state of the FT class ... it's basically full, and they can only admit people from the waitlist if someone else drops out.

Guys, I have been waitlisted twice and rejected twice by Kellogg. Do you think there is any merit in reapplying in a part time program. My gmat is in mid 600s
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q38 V47
GPA: 3.37
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
I really admire your resilience and determination! Since there's a lot more to admission than gmat and the part time program is a different beast, I would recommend speaking directly to your waitlist manager or the head of the part time program. While I doubt they would give you a guarantee of admission on the spot, I'll bet they could provide info that would help you to make a more informed decision. The other thing to consider is whether you truly want a full time experience and whether your heart is set on Kellogg. Based on this, a different program may be a better fit. All the best.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
ThreetoFive wrote:
I really admire your resilience and determination! Since there's a lot more to admission than gmat and the part time program is a different beast, I would recommend speaking directly to your waitlist manager or the head of the part time program. While I doubt they would give you a guarantee of admission on the spot, I'll bet they could provide info that would help you to make a more informed decision. The other thing to consider is whether you truly want a full time experience and whether your heart is set on Kellogg. Based on this, a different program may be a better fit. All the best.

don't mind part time at all from kellogg. But i am thinking, kellogg would have offered me that option if it would have thought i was a good fit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.79
Send PM
When does Kellogg post essays for R1 next year?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT Date: 02-01-2013
Send PM
j

Originally posted by kallesas on 17 Jun 2014, 11:14.
Last edited by kallesas on 24 Jun 2014, 14:04, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I wish you all well guys. I was in the same boat last year like Brandon. I stayed on the waitlist till August and did not get in. I reapplied R2...and got accepted at both programs. If you can't make it this time thats okay hang in there and try again.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
abumhira wrote:
I wish you all well guys. I was in the same boat last year like Brandon. I stayed on the waitlist till August and did not get in. I reapplied R2...and got accepted at both programs. If you can't make it this time thats okay hang in there and try again.

I did hang in there. and got waitlisted and rejected again. Now I doubt if I will make it to the part time program. Furthermore I am not sure if part time is worth all the cost
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aviator9999 wrote:
abumhira wrote:

I did hang in there. and got waitlisted and rejected again. Now I doubt if I will make it to the part time program. Furthermore I am not sure if part time is worth all the cost

I remember you. I am sorry to hear that. I just looked at my application and boosted my profile and it worked out time with scholarship offers from both schools.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
aviator9999 wrote:
ThreetoFive wrote:

don't mind part time at all from kellogg. But i am thinking, kellogg would have offered me that option if it would have thought i was a good fit

Also Kellogg does not provide feedbacks.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts