Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 06:55 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Re: kindly comment on my profile pls..... [#permalink]
Expert Reply
k_k007 wrote:
Hello,
I would kindly request you to evaluate my profile and give an idea about my chances of getting into the schools I am targeting at.

GMAT-720 (Q50, V37)
GPA- 3.1 from Top 10 college of India and best mining college in Asia and got into it through IIT exam
25 Male from India
2 years of work experience at Fortune 500 company and most reputed in India by brand value
Sector is mining
Designation- Manager
Role
-to explore and develop new IT based solutions in mining sector which is very conventional in India and 50-100 years back from current International level.
-to introduce mine planning and scheduling system which is the most critical part of mining process which is not followed at all in India
-to work in critical projects of company involving huge investment.
-to work as consultant on projects involving new technology and with international clients.
-also worked side by side in mining operations to understand all the process.

Achievements
-Have done so many projects and some are first time in mining Industry in India on my own and managed everything
-Have introduced mine planning and scheduling system in my company and changed it to IT based which was completely manual before.
-Managed cross functional and cross location team of 10-20 people.
-Worked with international clients from Australia, Poland, South Africa, South Korea, China
-Work on critical projects involving huge investments like Rs1380 millions.
-Have also 22 month experience of mining operations.
-trained in latest and widely used mining and project development software.
-All my projects is going to save my company Rs 25-30 crores every year when fully implemented.
-Have knowledge of not only mining but all the related operations being done at my company.
-Worked with higher and lower management and dealt with problem of labor unions too.
-has worked in the toughest conditions of mining

Extra Curricular
-was involved with NGO in my school days fro 4 years.
-working in NGO movement started by my own company.
-Done trekking and climbed peaks in Himalayas.
-Was awarded full scholarship in college.
-Organized many cultural and technical fest at college level.
-involved in Stepathalon at present.
-Winner of National and International Olympaid and topper at stat level.
-French Language Basic level.
-Play drums and learned on my own and performed for national news in my school days.
-Part of world renowned Super 30 team (all channels like Discovery, NAt Geo, Al Jazeera have made documentary on it) where poor Kids are given free education to get into IIT college
-completed 2000 km bike ride on my royal en-field this year in Himalayas which are the world toughest road and rode on the worlds highest motor able road.

Short term Goals
-to get into ccompany offering jobs related to business development, strategy, consulting
Long term Goals
-Heading some big company and trying to brig more and more companies and investments in India to tap the huge potential in India especially rural India.
-play a role of policy maker for matters related to energy for India

Target Schools
-Harvard, Stanford, Kellogg, Duke, McCombs, Haas, Darden, Tepper, Cornell, Tuck, Yale
Applying R2 2014
Scholarship important if possible
My question is that are these college achievable or what are my chances? Can you suggest any other college which i should apply to?

Kellogg my dream college
Regards
k_k007

HI there,

Thats an impressive profile. You have achieved quite a bit for your less number of professional years. We understand that mining is a precarious industry, riddled with government regulations and policies (a family member retired as the CMD of India's mining PSU, and he is also an alum of your college if I got my hunch about the name right). That you are able to innovate and change processes in this environment is note worthy.

You are targeting the some of the best b-schools out there, so competition is going to be tough, although you should get some advantage of coming from a non-conventional Indian category. Applying to 10 b-schools in one round does not look like a possibility to me- you would be applying at the cost of submitting weak applications.

Do reach out to discuss further.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kishlaya,

Did you get a chance to read the link I shared? Like we say there, dishing out schools basis gut-feel is something we refrain. I have already mentioned that the school list will be aggressive given your profile. And yes, re-application can be pretty tricky. Unless of course you can show a substantial change in the profile between the two applications.

Cheers,
GMAT Club Bot