It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 14:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

KRoll background check

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 37

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: KRoll background check [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2017, 16:31
DennisTheMenace wrote:
I am getting ready for business school. Super excited. Last thing is the background check – then I finally have the official ticket to play.

Today my boss resigned! Now what?! He was my recommender. When they do the background check will I will have to give them his cell number?

Any suggestions? I am sure this will look fishy to them. I mean I guess they can confirm his dates of employment with HR as well to verify that he is no longer with the firm but still – this is annoying and worrisome.

Agreed here- no worries if recommender has changed positions.

Posted from my mobile device

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 14:02
Guys, I am very anxious about a possible background check.

I was completely truthful on my application and I have nothing to worry about the checks with my current and past employees. The thing is I had an entrepreneurship experience that has little paper trail. The website, now offline, can be seen through some web services, I have tons of work emails that clearly show my roles and time there and I have witnesses, but we always worked without any official documents (common in my country) and we failed fast - I was totally open about the failure as well. It was a long time ago and probably only 15% of my career time.

How can I prepare for this specific part of my verification? Are the emails and witnesses enough?

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 14:09
phmgmat wrote:

I was completely truthful on my application and I have nothing to worry about the checks with my current and past employees. The thing is I had an entrepreneurship experience that has little paper trail. The website, now offline, can be seen through some web services, I have tons of work emails that clearly show my roles and time there and I have witnesses, but we always worked without any official documents (common in my country) and we failed fast - I was totally open about the failure as well. It was a long time ago and probably only 15% of my career time.

How can I prepare for this specific part of my verification? Are the emails and witnesses enough?

I think you are wise to be thinking about this as this can hurt entrepreneurs. Hopefully you made note of this in your application- and if not, then certainly do save the links to websites and also have the work emails and references to support. I hate to see entrepreneurs penalized as these issues are common. I also suggest that you submit deposit as soon as you can- so hopefully the background check happens sooner and if there are issues you know in advance while there is still time to pivot if needed.

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 14:18
StratusMBACounselor wrote:
phmgmat wrote:

I think you are wise to be thinking about this as this can hurt entrepreneurs. Hopefully you made note of this in your application- and if not, then certainly do save the links to websites and also have the work emails and references to support. I hate to see entrepreneurs penalized as these issues are common. I also suggest that you submit deposit as soon as you can- so hopefully the background check happens sooner and if there are issues you know in advance while there is still time to pivot if needed.

Do they get penalized? Have you ever seen a real case?

I actually sent the links in the application, mentioning it is currently offline. I have tons of emails and my former partners' references. I even have a legal entity I opened at the time but never used that I haven't closed until today. Would that be enough?

Re: KRoll background check   [#permalink] 30 Oct 2017, 14:18

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   [ 304 posts ] 

KRoll background check

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap