Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:27 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Schools:LBS
 Q47  V45
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2012 [#permalink]
laffy wrote:
I got admitted !!!! Can't believe it ! :-D :-D :-D :-D
I guess you'll get your results soon because you had your interview a bit late... Good luck with that !!!!!!

Congratulations.
I look forward to being your classmate next year.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi guys,

To introduce myself,

* Discipline - Electrical&Electronics Engg and Economics double major from BITS Pilani, India
* CGPA (current) - 8.6/10 (10/10 in Econ)
* GMAT - 730 (q48 and v41)
* Internships - HSBC Analytics (current), Center for Civil Society (Libertarian think tank in Delhi), Central Institute of Road Transport
* Global Fellowships - StartingBloc Fellow 2010 (Boston Institute for Social Innovation), Clinton Global Initiative University Fellow (Miami, 2010)
* Professional Experience - Business developer for a for-profit startup (1.5 years), co founder of a high impact non-profit in rural Andhra Pradesh (1.5 yrs and continuing)
* Other academic and extra curricular national awards received and positions of responsibility held (on and off campus)

Just got my result last night :)

Wanted to connect with my future classmates!
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V45
Send PM
anduril wrote:
hi guys,

To introduce myself,

* Discipline - Electrical&Electronics Engg and Economics double major from BITS Pilani, India
* CGPA (current) - 8.6/10 (10/10 in Econ)
* GMAT - 730 (q48 and v41)
* Internships - HSBC Analytics (current), Center for Civil Society (Libertarian think tank in Delhi), Central Institute of Road Transport
* Global Fellowships - StartingBloc Fellow 2010 (Boston Institute for Social Innovation), Clinton Global Initiative University Fellow (Miami, 2010)
* Professional Experience - Business developer for a for-profit startup (1.5 years), co founder of a high impact non-profit in rural Andhra Pradesh (1.5 yrs and continuing)
* Other academic and extra curricular national awards received and positions of responsibility held (on and off campus)

Just got my result last night :)

Wanted to connect with my future classmates!

Congrats !

candlize wrote:
laffy wrote:
I got admitted !!!! Can't believe it ! :-D :-D :-D :-D
I guess you'll get your results soon because you had your interview a bit late... Good luck with that !!!!!!

Congratulations.
I look forward to being your classmate next year.

Thank you ! Me too.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys, Congrats to u all. I got waitlisted, which was almost rejected. LBS said it would reconsider my application on Feb 24. But I read LBS waitlist thread of last year, and nearly all the waitlisted applicants were re-waitlisted on and on and on....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
lbslbs wrote:
Hey guys, Congrats to u all. I got waitlisted, which was almost rejected. LBS said it would reconsider my application on Feb 24. But I read LBS waitlist thread of last year, and nearly all the waitlisted applicants were re-waitlisted on and on and on....

lbslbs,

i have heard that you should keep updating your profile to them.

all the very best to you!
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: LBS, HEC, ESCP< Harvard, Yale, IESE
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Prospective Applicants can explore more about the LBS MiM Program and its prospects on

mymimapp [dot] com

Best,

MiM Consultant
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys, congratulation for all the admitted. Could you share the content of your interview please?

I'll probably apply on february, and that's my profile:

Age 25 Italian
Gmat: hopefully high enough
Bachelor degree: Economics and Business with final grade of 98/110
I'm pursuing a Msc in Business Administration taught in English, with a strong gpa 28/30
Professional experience: 6 months of internship in a tax office and 4months in Pricewaterhouse Cooper
Extracurricular experience: Professional athlete with italian national team of Track and Field: Twice Italian Senior Champion, Twice Italian Under 23 champion, Participation at European Championships, World Championships, World University Game, European Cup and Grand Prix all over the world.

It would be so great if the admitted guys shared the content of their interview. ;)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Brand Management, Strategy Consulting
Schools:Fuqua, LBS
Send PM
Hello Everyone,

male 20
US
3.7/4.0 (graduate a year early)
Gmat 660 :( i totally bombed the math which is normally my strong point. 1 management internship, study abroad at Cambridge, modest extracurriculars, started a review music website.

Obviously I need to stand out in the essays so do any admitted have tips? Also would you recommended getting my application in for stage 2 or waiting until stage 3 to polish it up?

Any input would be greatly appreciated and thats all
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
emics wrote:
Hello Everyone,

male 20
US
Gmat 660 :( i totally bombed the math which is normally my strong point. 1 management internship, study abroad at Cambridge, modest extracurriculars, started a review music website.

Obviously I need to stand out in the essays so do any admitted have tips? Also would you recommended getting my application in for stage 2 or waiting until stage 3 to polish it up?

Emics,
I was admitted as an applicant from the US in R1 for the class of 2011, and deferred to 2012. Feel free to send me a private message with more details on your specific situation.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nicasc wrote:
Hi guys, congratulation for all the admitted. Could you share the content of your interview please?

I'll probably apply on february, and that's my profile:

Age 25 Italian
Gmat: hopefully high enough
Bachelor degree: Economics and Business with final grade of 98/110
I'm pursuing a Msc in Business Administration taught in English, with a strong gpa 28/30
Professional experience: 6 months of internship in a tax office and 4months in Pricewaterhouse Cooper
Extracurricular experience: Professional athlete with italian national team of Track and Field: Twice Italian Senior Champion, Twice Italian Under 23 champion, Participation at European Championships, World Championships, World University Game, European Cup and Grand Prix all over the world.

It would be so great if the admitted guys shared the content of their interview. ;)

Hey!

I got admitted in R1. I guess the interview depends on your particular situation, however, some points to keep in mind:

- why LBS? why now?
- since you studied Business/Economics they're gonna ask what you hope to gain from this programme
- future plans and how LBS fits in
- examples of teamwork and managing conflict in a team
- they'll also ask you to comment on a piece of business news you read about recently so it would be good to read the FT or Economist before going in

that's all I can think of now... hope it helps
Intern
Intern
Send PM
emics wrote:
Hello Everyone,

male 20
US

the key is differentiation. why you? what makes you different? what will you add to the community?

I wouldn't worry about the gmat 660 is perfectly ok, the only thing to consider is if you're willing to take it again, depending on where you want to work - for example Mckinsey want scores above 700... but for LBS admission 660 is good enough if you can couple it with strong essays and a well thought-out CV.

They look for potential...

hope this helps...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Brand Management, Strategy Consulting
Schools:Fuqua, LBS
Send PM
bmeica wrote:
emics wrote:
Hello Everyone,

male 20
US

the key is differentiation. why you? what makes you different? what will you add to the community?

I wouldn't worry about the gmat 660 is perfectly ok, the only thing to consider is if you're willing to take it again, depending on where you want to work - for example Mckinsey want scores above 700... but for LBS admission 660 is good enough if you can couple it with strong essays and a well thought-out CV.

hope this helps...

It does thanks alot.

Whats your status? have you been admitted? applied? profile?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
emics wrote:
bmeica wrote:
emics wrote:
Hello Everyone,

male 20
US

hope this helps...

It does thanks alot.

Whats your status? have you been admitted? applied? profile?

right, sorry about that, forgot to mention - admitted, accepted offer.

male 23
Romania
1st from UK business school (predicted)
Gmat 700
WE with PwC Consulting
Started on-line thinktank and e-mag
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q46  V34
Send PM
Guys! Amazing profiles! :) Congrats to those with offers!

About the GMAT score: 660 is fine. I had 650 and got in. Make sure to transmit through the essays why you are special!

I'd apply in R2 because they have introduced pre-masters internships through the school this year for R1 and R2 admits only!

G'luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey! :-D
Any R2 applicants here waiting for the results?
I was just wondering , the site says 'Interview Decision BY Jan 25' . Does that mean they can send it anytime till that date? Or do they send it just on that day?
Though from the last yr's posts, it seems that they send it on that particular day.
Any idea guys? :?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
m27 wrote:
I was just wondering , the site says 'Interview Decision BY Jan 25' . Does that mean they can send it anytime till that date? Or do they send it just on that day?
Though from the last yr's posts, it seems that they send it on that particular day.

they usually send it around 5 pm on that particular day. good luck :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bmeica wrote:
m27 wrote:

they usually send it around 5 pm on that particular day. good luck :)

Thanks a lot! :)
Was getting a little worried!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts