Last visit was: 13 May 2024, 09:42 It is currently 13 May 2024, 09:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2012 [#permalink]
Hey Guys,

I'm absolutely delighted to be coming to London!

Join the MIM Class of 2012 group on FB so we can get together!

Link:
www[dot]facebook[dot]com/home[dot]php?sk=group_141895822539648

Replace [dot] with .
(I'm unable to post links yet)

or search for "London Business School - Masters in Management 2012"
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Marquis wrote:
Since it is a known fact that last rounds offer very few seats and also reduce the chances of any type of scholarship or financial assistance by a large extent so would it be recommended to wait for next year's R1? I will also gain some work expereince in analytics domain at a 2nd tier consulting firm by then which might be of some help in my post MIM career prospects as I crave for consulting positions.

Hi Marquis,
My suggestion to you would be the following:

If you think you can put together a compelling R4/R5 application, why not apply this year? Clearly LBS find plenty of qualified candidates to admit in R5 or it wouldn't exist. If you are not admitted, you can always reapply the following year in R1 after gaining some work experience, at which time you will benefit from having done the process once before and a healthier resume. The Admissions Committee also reserve the right to grant deferrals in special circumstances, so that could even be an option for you. (Such was my case, and I think I am greatly benefiting from a year of full-time employment.)

As for scholarships, according to the admitted students portal, the Annual Fund scholarships and bursaries are "allocated on an equal basis at each stage of applications," though I would guess that you are probably at an advantage for other sponsored scholarships you may qualify for if you apply earlier.

While the decision is ultimately yours, I would learn towards giving yourself the most options possible. This, of course, is just one opinion!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
candlize wrote:

If you think you can put together a compelling R4/R5 application, why not apply this year? Clearly LBS find plenty of qualified candidates to admit in R5 or it wouldn't exist. If you are not admitted, you can always reapply the following year in R1 after gaining some work experience, at which time you will benefit from having done the process once before and a healthier resume. The Admissions Committee also reserve the right to grant deferrals in special circumstances, so that could even be an option for you. (Such was my case, and I think I am greatly benefiting from a year of full-time employment.)

Hi Candlize,

Thanks for response. Your argument seems valid enough and I'm surely going to apply in R4 or in the worst case R5. The only point of concern is if I get a rejection then, does LBS encourage re-applicants or do they carry a kind of negative impression to the AdCom? I didn't find any relevant information on this in MiM section of LBS website. Any pointers would be extremely helpful.

Btw, it would be interesting to have fellow applicants views if my profile looks competitive for R4/R5, provided I get a decent GMAT score (720-730).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Marquis wrote:
The only point of concern is if I get a rejection then, does LBS encourage re-applicants or do they carry a kind of negative impression to the AdCom? I didn't find any relevant information on this in MiM section of LBS website. Any pointers would be extremely helpful.

I do not sit on the Admissions Committee, so I can only answer this question more generally.
Business schools in general do not view re-applicants negatively, and reapplying can even increase your changes if you are successful at articulating why you still want to attend, and how you have improved over the previous year in the additional essays. I do not suspect that LBS is any different in this regard with any of their degree programmes.

I would Google information on "re-applying to top b-schools" or something along those lines for more information.
Intern
Intern
Schools:LBS, LSE, Cass
Send PM
I would love to say that I could join the Facebook group, but unfortunately I only got waitlisted. Very disappointing, but there is still hope I guess. Crossing my fingers, toes and feet! :wink:

Does anyone know how many there are on the Waitlist?

Congratulations to those of you who got accepted. Great job :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
candlize wrote:

I do not sit on the Admissions Committee, so I can only answer this question more generally.
Business schools in general do not view re-applicants negatively, and reapplying can even increase your changes if you are successful at articulating why you still want to attend, and how you have improved over the previous year in the additional essays. I do not suspect that LBS is any different in this regard with any of their degree programmes.

I would Google information on "re-applying to top b-schools" or something along those lines for more information.

Thanks Candlize... I guess it is always nice to have views from more experienced people :)

I'll write an email to one of my alumnus who is currently a student of LBS MBA class of 2012 as she must be having a much better idea about all these queries.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Now working for the application that starts this fall for 2012 entry. GPA is 8.4/10 (Dutch scale), converted US GPA 4.0. Cum Laude honours (UK equiv. 1:1, First). Member of Educational Board and class rank 1/124. Own company for 3,5 years beside study. Social Sciences background. Internship experience within Marketing. Hope it's kind of competitive, now preparing for the GMAT and hoping on a 670/680.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Schools:LBS, LSE, SSE, RSM
Send PM
Kudos
so i've just submitted my application. there are LONG weeks ahead of me. god help us all
Intern
Intern
Send PM
198d wrote:
so i've just submitted my application. there are LONG weeks ahead of me. god help us all

Good luck!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2012 [#permalink]
deleted

Originally posted by omnikey on 22 Feb 2011, 09:17.
Last edited by omnikey on 24 Apr 2015, 09:30, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
alexgmd wrote:
do they offer any other scholarships besides the 2 ones mentioned on their website?
is there a possibility for loans for international non-EU students?

There are actually only a handful of LBS-sponsored aid options available to students accepted to the MiM programme. Most scholarships and bursaries come from the Annual Fund mentioned on the website. Loan schemes are available, but as you can imagine, not as abundant as for the MBA programme. Your options will vary depending on your country of origin. I would contact the admissions team with your specific query for more information: mim@london.edu.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
Send PM
If one is admitted; is it in any way possible to defer one's enrollment to the following year?

E.g. if one is presented with an internship position that is accepted, after which - hopefully - one is admitted to LBS - can one then enroll the following year without applying again?

Cheers! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools:LBS, LSE, SSE, RSM
Send PM
apparently, there are people who have been allowed to do so. scan the threads (2011 too) and you'll find them

MRHDK1 wrote:
If one is admitted; is it in any way possible to defer one's enrollment to the following year?

E.g. if one is presented with an internship position that is accepted, after which - hopefully - one is admitted to LBS - can one then enroll the following year without applying again?

Cheers! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anyone receive word from round 3 yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Jianbinger mentioned in the other thread that he got a r3 interview, think there's some confusion between the two threads! But answer is yes. (still waiting here!)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I thought they were only given out results on the 15 ??? I am also still waiting..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
davfrench wrote:
I thought they were only given out results on the 15 ??? I am also still waiting..

Ya, I thought so too... Oh well, now we can sit refreshing our e-mail for the next 6 days!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3136 posts