GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 28 Feb 2020, 01:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Wharton Profile Evaluation Thread - Post All Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Wharton Profile Evaluation Thread - Post All Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2019, 00:06
I am Indian, Female. Chartered Accountant working in a MNC bank in Mumbai. Whats my chance of getting into Wharton Business school given that my GMAT score is 730
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2019, 05:35
Sejal16 wrote:
I am Indian, Female. Chartered Accountant working in a MNC bank in Mumbai. Whats my chance of getting into Wharton Business school given that my GMAT score is 730

Go through other posts on the thread and post a little more information. It's not possible for anyone to say anything about your candidature with the information provided

Posted from my mobile device
Admissionado
D
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2019, 08:32
yashbhati wrote:
Sejal16 wrote:

Go through other posts on the thread and post a little more information. It's not possible for anyone to say anything about your candidature with the information provided

Posted from my mobile device

It's hard to assess probabilities with this information alone. We'd definitely need to know more about your strategic positioning - e.g., what you want to do post-MBA long-term and short-term, how you will be involved in the MBA community given your professional and extracurricular skills and talents, how your prior academic and professional successes make your future career interests imminently possible. All of this matters a great deal for *every* applicant, but for an over-represented demo like yours, differentiated strategic positioning is especially important.

Your GMAT is a couple of points below Wharton's average, but it may be a bit low for your demo. We don't know your undergraduate institution or GPA and that will be important to Wharton. We also don't know your age. For Wharton's full-time program, age over ~29ish begins to hurt you. They'll want to see leadership at work and a history of promotions/responsibility increases.

The take-away for you should be that your strategic positioning will be very important. If having a free consultation with an MBA consultant about strategic positioning may be helpful to you, feel free to sign up here: https://admissionado.com/free-consultat ... sultation/
Intern
Intern
B
Wharton Profile Evaluation Thread - Post All Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2020, 16:59
Hi everyone!

Ok, let's try this...

Personal info: Brazilian male. Caucasian. 33 years old (will be 34 at intake). 1 child.

Career and extra-curricular activities

Before college: I had several other jobs, ranging from waiter to entrepreneur.
During college: President of Junior Enterprise (student-run consulting firm providing business advice to local small businesses.
Undergrad degree: Business - at age 28 (I come from a modest family so it took me longer to be able to go to college). Avg. graduation score 82% (we don't use GPA).
After college: 3 years in consulting (2 of them at MBB) + ~2.5 years in large tech companies (current)

Motivations
Why MBA: [short version] Become a more well-rounded professional, developing the skills (hard, soft and interpersonal) that I need in order to build a successful path to senior management.
Post-MBA paths: Go back to tech, preferably a FinTech, or go back to consulting for a few more years.

GMAT: 700 (Q46, V40)

A few more details... As I mentioned, I come from a very modest family. I started working when I was 12 and moved by myself when I was 15. I always studied in public schools (in Brazil, that means lower quality education, unfortunately). I had many ups and down in life, until eventually I managed to set a clear course. Applied to MBB for the first time on my senior year in college. Didn't pass. Went to a boutique firm for 1 year. Applied to MBB again. Passed! Spent 2 years there. Moved to tech industry (working at a Uber competitor) and currently work at a FinTech.

Thanks in advance!

AB
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2020, 21:06
Please Evaluate my profile and any feedback would be nice

Male based in Dallas, Texas

Background and nationality: Age 29 & Black

Undergrad Information: Undergraduate GPA in Mechanical Engineering: 2.9 but Graduate School GPA in Technology Management: 3.87

GMAT: Not taken yet-Goal is >700

Work experience and leadership:
Overall experience: Operations/Manufacturing for about 7 years
Previous experience: Supply Chain Manager/Manufacturing Manager/Quality Engineering. (Fortune 500 Companies)
Current Experience: Program Manager @ Defense Aerospace company leading cross functional teams
Got promoted twice current company in 3 years

Community and others
Undergrad: Researcher at Robotics Lab, Academic Tutor and Financial Chair on National Society of Black Engineers. Multiple internships at Top companies.
Currently: Official paid mentor selected by current company to mentor high school & college students, Appointed-President of Employee Resource Group at Current job, Business Round Table Speaker-Go to high schools in surrounding areas to enlighten Kids on STEM and also tutor some STEM courses. Working in program in Dallas community with under privileged kids in alternative high schools schools to put them on the right path. Leader a Teenage program assisting college and high school students with mentorship, college admission, scholarships etc. President of National Society of Black Engineers Professional Chapter

Post MBA goals - Working in Technology and Strategy

Anything else?
Certification-PMP
Awards & Recognition: Manager of the Quarter Award & Leadership Awards
Excellent Performer ratings at work
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2020, 18:23
Hi guys, I would greatly appreciate it if you use your fortune-telling powers to evaluate my chances of getting invited to Wharton R2 interviews.
- Nationality: Egypt.
- Background: Medical Doctor (M.D.)
- University: Most prestigious medical school in Egypt.
- GPA: 3.82
- GRE: Q:162 (79%) V: 159 (83%)
- Four years of US-based experience in the field of cancer & Molecular diagnostics.
- 3 promotions. From Sales to Marketing to Product development & Strategic planning.
- Published researcher in Biotechnology and Stem Cells form elite US institutions.
- Current: Founder & CEO of a Molecular Diagnostics Consulting Company.
- Extracurriculars: President & Founder of the biggest Student Club. President of the Student Union.
- LORs: President of the company I worked for reflecting on a successful business track record. & University Professor & mentor reflecting on a history of leadership in extracurricular activities.
- Essay: Influences that impacted my decision to pursue medical entrepreneurship, why an MBA & post-MBA goals.
Thanks & I really appreciate your efforts so much!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2020, 12:06
AziMani wrote:
Hi guys, I would greatly appreciate it if you use your fortune-telling powers to evaluate my chances of getting invited to Wharton R2 interviews.
- Four years of US-based experience in the field of cancer & Molecular diagnostics.
- 3 promotions. From Sales to Marketing to Product development & Strategic planning.
- Published researcher in Biotechnology and Stem Cells form elite US institutions.
- Extracurriculars: President & Founder of the biggest Student Club. President of the Student Union.
- LORs: President of the company I worked for reflecting on a successful business track record. & University Professor & mentor reflecting on a history of leadership in extracurricular activities.
- Essay: Influences that impacted my decision to pursue medical entrepreneurship, why an MBA & post-MBA goals.

I think you will definitely get an interview.
INSEAD School Moderator
V
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2020, 23:53
I don't know how you executed the application, but this looks very strong to me. FYI work/client references are preferred to academic references in most cases. AziMani

AziMani wrote:

Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2020, 04:48
Hi all,

I am applying to the full-time program at wharton, and would love to get feedback on what my chances are.

Undergrad: electrical engineering at university in Houston.
GPA: 3.74 - Magna Cum Laude
Work: 4+ years work experience, with clear progression in scope. Completed my professional engineer (PE) exam and got my license.
Goal: Longer term to move into a GM role over a business, or consulting.
GMAT: Just started studying so no official score yet. I'm hoping to aim for 730.

Do I have a shot at getting in?

Thanks in advance!
Admissionado
D
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2020, 23:08
Quyenle94 wrote:
Hi all,

I am applying to the full-time program at wharton, and would love to get feedback on what my chances are.

Undergrad: electrical engineering at university in Houston.
GPA: 3.74 - Magna Cum Laude
Work: 4+ years work experience, with clear progression in scope. Completed my professional engineer (PE) exam and got my license.
Goal: Longer term to move into a GM role over a business, or consulting.
GMAT: Just started studying so no official score yet. I'm hoping to aim for 730.

Do I have a shot at getting in?

Thanks in advance!

Hey there,

Based on your stats and description of your experience, you have a decent "baseline" as a Wharton candidate. Now let's dive into your profile more...

Pros:
- Your high GPA even with a tough major like EE (Wharton will evaluate the undergrad you went to as well)
- Solid work experience & career progression
- You have professional license
- You have a clear vision of what you want out of an MBA

Cons:
- Your demographic is one of the more competitive business applicant pools (engineering)
- You're pursuing a career path that are extremely popular with b-school applicants (consulting)

Unknowns
- Do you have any extracurricular activities?
- Your GMAT - you should get at least a 730 for Wharton
- Quality of your recommendation letters
- Quality of your essays
- Are you a cultural fit for Wharton?

In order to overcome the perceived weaknesses in your profile, you have to address the "Cons" and "Unknowns" head on. Given that you're in a competitive pool applying to a competitive school with goals that a lot of people will be pursuing as well, it's absolutely CRITICAL for you to differentiate yourself through your essays. The "Unknowns" are great OPPORTUNITIES to improve your profile - make sure you have solid recommenders and crystalize the connections between your past experiences and future goals. Do some research on Wharton's culture and position yourself as someone who will fit in with their student body. Also, if you're light on extracurricular activities, it's time to pick up a couple before you apply this year.

Wharton is not out of the question for you based on your stats. However, it's not going to be a walk in the park and you'll still need to put in the effort to address the "Cons" and "Unknowns" to make yourself a competitive applicant for Wharton and Wharton a more realistic target for you. Hope that helps! If you have further questions and would like a more in depth analysis, feel free to schedule a free consultation with us and we're more than happy to do an in-depth analysis of your profile: https://admissionado.com/free-consultation/

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2020, 19:52
Hi,

Here is my profile.

10th-78%
12th-66%
Bachelor of Engineering - 8.6(CGPA) in Mechanical Engineering from India
Work Experience - 4.9 years .Working as Data Analyst in TCS in India. Having Experience of leading team of 10 people for more than 1.5 years. A active member of corporate social responsibility(CSR) and the active member of toastmaster club and other club that are working for NGOs that mainly deal with student education locally. Regular interaction with client and management people from company and outside but no international exposure yet.
GMAT- Giving in FEB end(First attempt)

Certification credential - I am Charter Financial analyst(CFA) Level 3 Candidate.
National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) Certified in Derivative and Market
Certified in Financial Modelling.

Courses for MBA- Finance

Please let me know the expected GMAT score also that i should aim for.

any input would be greatly appreciated

Thanks and Regards
Manager
Manager
G
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2020, 08:55
Hello,please evaluate my fit for Wharton Class of 2023

Male,24

Nationality : Ghanaian
Bachelors Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering ,First Class Honours
GPA 3.89
Was on Dean's List of Best Students(2016)

1st generation colllege student

GMAT: 72O

WORK EXPERIENCE :

WE : 4 YEARS at Matriculation
1. Work for the only private electricty utility provider in the country.
Developed all the utility's revenue collection models, reckoners, load forecasting models
2.Have been appointed to head utility expansion efforts into gas distribution to
industrial companies,
3. Co-lead of project team to build Africa's largest rooftop solar plant

4. Started a business importing sugar from Turkey. Business has since failed.

5. Currently run a jersey distribution business

Extracurriculars:
1. Ambassador,Ghana Tech Summit: Liase with tech entrepreneurs in Accra and prepare them for the yearly 3-day Tech Summit
2.Founded and run two training programs called "Small Business Accounting" and "Financial Modelling and Accounting"
I have taught both programs to 124 small business owners and professionals

3. I run a business that works with the program to provide full service tax
and reporting services to our customers

4. I run a weekly finance newsletter on finance,banking and business.

5.Have written two guides : "Fixed Income Markets and Investment in Ghana"
and "The First Ever Guide to Repo Markets"

Other stuff :
1. Bilingual(English and French)

2. Play guitar at church

Purpose of MBA : Short term -Work in IB for about 7 years(specifically tech coverage),and then use my connections to start a boutique IB,private equity firm that focuses on small ,middle market private tech companies with 2- years of profitability.
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2020, 01:02
Hi can anyone help me review my profile for Wharton class of 2023

GMAT: 760
Bachelor's: Electrical Engineering ( Anna University)
Gpa:8.7/10(University top 51 rank)
Work experience: 4 years as Software Engineer from fortune 500 - PayPal, world's largest Payments platform. Promoted once to Senior Software Developer.

Co-curricular:
1. Attended various workshops and events related to Product Management.
2. Active member of the community where we host and attend various conferences, meetups , workshops related to Product Management.
3. Part of an elite community of young innovators who are selected( through interviews from a pool of 4.5k people) to pursue creative ideas and bring them to action at workplace in a way that would benefit the employees.

Extra curricular:
1. Worked with an Non-profit to collect funds for small scale entrepreneurs and lead the campaign.
2. Leading the wellness initiatives of Employees at the company. Devise plans, consult with the leadership team and implement them.
3. Leading the Social activities of the company. Have lead, organized and volunteered numerous such campaigns with various other Non-profit organizations
4. Voluntered and mentored Children from rural backgrounds and help them with their careers, provide career guidance.
5. Was the Secretary of the college during undergrad. Responsible for voicing out student issues, coordinating with the management and organising various student events at college.
6 Was the Student Placement Coordinator and worked with the College Placement cell preparing the students for Placement drives and aided them in bringing-in various companies for campus placements and smooth conduct of Campus Placements.

Hobbies: Play cricket- represented the company in tournaments
Avid marathon runner. Participated in numerous charity marathons conducted around my neighbourhood.
Part-time teaching at Orphanages

Goals - To get into Product Management at a Tech giant and design innovative products that will change the way we live in this modern era of technology. Want to create an impact with Innovative technology.

I am looking to apply for the class of 2023. Do you think I can stand a chance or are there any areas that I can improve and try for class of 2024?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks !

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device[/i][/b][/size]
GMAT Club Bot
Wharton Profile Evaluation Thread - Post All Requests Here   [#permalink] 25 Feb 2020, 01:02

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   [ 173 posts ] 

Wharton Profile Evaluation Thread - Post All Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: xprometheusx