GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Oct 2018, 16:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

MBA Decoder Admission consultant review - Namita Garg

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Schools: Ross '19 (S)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
MBA Decoder Admission consultant review - Namita Garg  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 31 Dec 2017, 00:38
After four rejects from MBA schools, I turned for help to Namita from MBA Decoder. She did a detailed review of my profile and understood my goals. She also helped me select schools to apply. One of the most important parts of the application is the essay. Namita transformed my essay from a 3/10 to a 9/10. She is a very hard critic and will give a very clear feedback, which is very important to improve one's essays. She provides comments on the essay which are very well thought of and after spending a considerable amount of time thinking through all the parts of the essay. She made me think a lot and ensured I delivered better after each review. She has an excellent command of the English language and she helped me immensely with correct edits. She also took care to ensure that she allocates time for each student. I also trained for the MBA interview with her and found this prep immensely helpful. She prepared a list of questions for me to practice. Later, she took my interview in a recorded line so that I could listen to myself and correct mistakes. I found her overall approach very professional and courteous at the same time. I would hands-down recommend Namita to anyone who wants to make his/her MBA dream a reality. She has helped me live my MBA dream as I recently got an admit from the best B-school in Canada.

Originally posted by arunbalup on 30 Dec 2017, 22:53.
Last edited by Narenn on 31 Dec 2017, 00:38, edited 1 time in total.
Topic moved to appropriate forum
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.91
Reviews Badge
Re: MBA Decoder Admission consultant review - Namita Garg  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 22:31
I approached Namita, the founder of MBA Decoder( http://mbadecoder.com/) two weeks before my first deadline. While she
agreed to help me, she made it very clear that I would need to work very hard. Thereafter, she
constantly followed up with me, counseled me, cajoled me to provide deeper insights for essay building.
Being new to the application writing process and with hardly any time in my hand, I was naive about
what application building entailed. But Namita kept me on track and looking back I can say I couldn’t
have completed my application without her help.
The MBA Decoder team helped me with 5 other b-school applications after that and I received admits
from all of them, save for one. I managed to get hefty scholarships from two b-schools, with 100%
scholarship from one of them.
Namita was persistent about getting my drafts upto the level she felt was required. It was annoying for
me at times, but in the end it worked to my advantage and I am elated about it.
Intern
Intern
Re: MBA Decoder Admission consultant review - Namita Garg  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2018, 05:18
When I first reached out to MBA Decoder, I had no intentions of taking external help for my MS application. I was applying to Richard Ivey’s Masters in International Business program with 1.5 years of work experience. I had already written my SOP and was confident I had a good draft in place. I just wanted to get last minute feedback from some expert and that’s how I reached out to MBA Decoder.

Namita very sweetly agreed to review my essay for me. Her feedback turned out to be an eye opener. Understanding that there was a major scope for improvement, I immediately signed up with MBA Decoder for their resume and essay services.

Over the next two weeks Namita understood my profile in detail and helped me completely turn my resume around. The career goals discussion with Sachin helped me put together my so far scattered career story into place and draw the connections between my past experience and future goals.

Although I had a story to tell, but after talking to the MBA Decoder team, I realized that I was selecting the wrong examples that did not help create the impact. Namita helped me restructure my essay, and put it into a solid and coherent storyline that answered all the answers adcoms look for in a career goals statement. I was amazed with the output and also understood what my essay lacked before.

Three weeks later, after I received an interview invite, I approached MBA Decoder for help on the interview. Once again Namita helped me structure my answers. During the actual interview, I had the admissions team asking me around 10 behavioral questions and thanks to the STAR approach that she had asked me to follow, I was able to give convincing answers for all.

Given that I had applied to only Richard Ivey, this admit was extremely important to me. I started my application with an obvious disadvantage, a sub-par GMAT score. Despite that, I could make it to my dream school, all thanks to MBA Decoder’s help.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: MBA Decoder Admission consultant review - Namita Garg &nbs [#permalink] 23 Sep 2018, 05:18

MBA Decoder Admission consultant review - Namita Garg

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap