It is currently 22 Oct 2017, 20:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA in HR/ Organizational Behaviour

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.81
MBA in HR/ Organizational Behaviour [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2017, 22:22
I would like to apply to one of the top 5 MBA programs (Interested in HR/OB specialization) in Canada, USA, Singapore and Europe.
Request you to evaluate my profile.

- 24 yr old Female

- GMAT - 660 (Q47 V32), AWA - 5.5, IR - 6

-TOEFL/ILETS -yet to take

- UG- B.Tech- Electronics and Communication ,Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), CGPA - 8.7/10

- 12th- 87% CBSE

- 10th - 93 % CBSE

Work Ex:
Worked as a Business Technology Analyst for 2 years in Technology consulting at a Big Four company (Deloitte). Worked with US based Health care Analytics client throughout this time.

HR related experience :
1.I have done an internship in HR (Talent Acquisition specifically) for a month in undergrad.
2.Was involved in recruitment process of the NGO I worked in. (Planned the whole recruitment drive and was in interview panel)
3.Currently involved in recruitment drives conducted at my firm.

Extra curricular-
1. 3 years of NGO experience in college.
2. was a part of CSR activities in Deloitte
3. Involved in automating and gamification of the referral process at Deloitte.

Any leads on top colleges in HR specialization would be helpful. Is there any scope of scholarship with this kind of profile?
Thanks in advance. :)

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
MBA Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 462 [1], given: 3

Re: MBA in HR/ Organizational Behaviour [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2017, 08:12
This post received
KUDOS
Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your background with us. Your best bet is to seek out schools known for their strength in general management and earn a concentration or specialize in Organizational Management (or something similar). With your profile, while your work experience is good, I don't see comments on your leadership capacity. Do you lead team? Have you earned a promotion? As far aw your academic profile goes, it lags a bit behind for top 5 schools. I think schools in the top 15-25 make sense for you (aggregate ranking) in the US. For Canada, I'd look at schools just outside the top 5. And for Singapore and EU, I'd focus on outside the top 10. Now, that's not to say you can't aim higher. You can, but those programs would be stretch programs at this stage.

Where do you see yourself ending up geographically? It may make sense to focus in on a region so that we can come up with an action plan to improve your profile between now and application time for a certain set of schools. Further, we can develop a story framework that allows you to standout from the crowd at your target programs. Feel free to sign up for a free consultation if you'd like to chat about how we can help. Best of luck!

Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Blog | Free Resources | Facebook | Twitter

Was this post helpful to you? Give a Kudos and let us know!

Kudos [?]: 462 [1], given: 3

Re: MBA in HR/ Organizational Behaviour   [#permalink] 21 Feb 2017, 08:12

MBA in HR/ Organizational Behaviour

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap