It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 11:11

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Ross R1 | Kellogg R1 | Darden R1 | Tepper R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA rotational programs in Europe

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
MBA rotational programs in Europe [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2017, 11:13
Does anyone have information on placements to MBA rotational programs in Europe from Insead? especially in Oil & Gas?

I know of the BP program and heard rumours about a Shell program.
Chevron has one based out of California, not sure if they hire in Europe.

I see BP and Shell made it to recruiting events at Insead but did not hire anyone (acc. to latest employment report)
IMD shows a placement in BP

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 7

Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: MBA rotational programs in Europe [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2017, 04:42
I'm not very well aware of the scene in EU but I have some info on the BP program that I can share.
BP goes to almost top schools but hires very few folks. One participant told me that there total recruitment 2-3 years back was only 30 across all schools in all geographies, Hence, they are very selective. Most of the hiring for the leadership program (except these 30) happens internally from the current pool inside BP itself. Since they hire in so few numbers they look for diversity when hiring from schools hence even a strong background in energy/OnG may not help.

Even BASF hires a lot from its internal pool through a separate process instead of visiting campuses.

Hope it helps?

I would also suggest to get in touch with folks in your target companies/geographies because hiring for these leadership programs vary a lot based on company/geography/school.

Cheers,
Rohit

harsha2085 wrote:
Does anyone have information on placements to MBA rotational programs in Europe from Insead? especially in Oil & Gas?

I know of the BP program and heard rumours about a Shell program.
Chevron has one based out of California, not sure if they hire in Europe.

I see BP and Shell made it to recruiting events at Insead but did not hire anyone (acc. to latest employment report)
IMD shows a placement in BP

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 7

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 11 [1], given: 1

Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: MBA rotational programs in Europe [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2017, 05:38
This post received
KUDOS
Here is some info I got from an ex-big oil LDP candidate

His Experience:

- 3 years post graduate school at Big Oil company (think Shell, Chevron, Total etc.) in their rotational leadership development program in business IT (so digitalization, devops etc.). 3 promotions so far, currently work as a Delivery Lead for Major capital portfolio projects at the company's upstream practice, leading a team of 6 and managing multiple projects. My developmental focus at the company's leadership program has been Innovation management and all my roles have had something to do with it (ie. it is my domain).
- Outstanding recommendations and job performance on top 1/3 on each assessment.

My Question:

This is off topic but could you please give me some insight into Big Oil LDPs in Europe?

This is my short-term goal post MBA hopefully at Insead/IE

Just want to know what my chances are and how I should plan to get in.
There is not much information out there!

My background is Petroleum Engineering degree and 5 years a drilling engineer at Canadian E&P.

His response:

Generally speaking it is fairly hard. The LDP-programs at any oil company are very limited in space (for example only 6 people started with me) and the recruitment process is stressful and very competitive, as in as competitive as say an analyst spot at McKinsey. Your best option is to upload your CV through the companies' websites and try your best to get into one of the recruitment days. You can find more information on what these recruitment days entail exactly on the company website. I had to fight my way through a thesis internship through my university due to my unconventional background. Wasn't easy, but I'm happy I did it.

Please bear in mind that ALL big oil companies are looking for people, who have a long term focus on sticking with the company. They invest a lot of resources and time to shape you into a vital part of the company and doing so expect you to stay with them for 20-30 years. I'm saying this not to encourage you to apply, but to make sure that you understand what kind of a ''story'' you want to be telling the HR. You don't want them to think you are just going to leave after a couple of years (like I am, maybe).

You seem to have the ''perfect'' background for it. And the top MBA school will certainly help. Take time to ensure you understand what it is that Big Oil companies appreciate (VALUES! VALUES!) and place your bet :) I think you got a chance.

Kudos [?]: 11 [1], given: 1

Re: MBA rotational programs in Europe   [#permalink] 30 Mar 2017, 05:38

MBA rotational programs in Europe

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap