Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:15 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Merage (Irvine) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
Hello All,

Regarding Wait-list, I am not sure if you need to submit any additional stuff. It's the admission office which takes the final call on wait list->admit. Keep your fingers crossed.

Good Luck

-Asphalt

Originally posted by asphalt on 15 Jan 2014, 16:17.
Last edited by asphalt on 15 Jan 2014, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the information Asphalt. By what time should we expect a decision?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I am in with $ !!! Got the email yesterday.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
Sergiy wrote:

Congrats Sergiy !!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
asphalt wrote:
Sergiy wrote:

Congrats Sergiy !!!

Thank you asphalt, your posts were extremely useful for the prospective students!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Asphalt,

Need your opinion.

I had applied for R2(Last week of Nov13).

I have more than 4.5 yrs work ex with 2yrs of international work ex. I have considerably good profile with great leadership positions handled during my work as well as during my undergrads. I have an experience in an uncommon field of Oil & Gas sector. I have topped university from india in my 3rd yr of engg and possess some gud acads. I tried to be crisp in my application on how merage can be bridge to my goals.

My GMAT is 520 (V20, Q42 AWA 5). Low in verbal will outcast my admission?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
culgaurav wrote:
Hey Asphalt,

Need your opinion.

I have more than 4.5 yrs work ex with 2yrs of international work ex. I have considerably good profile with great leadership positions handled during my work as well as during my undergrads. I have an experience in an uncommon field of Oil & Gas sector. I have topped university from india in my 3rd yr of engg and possess some gud acads. I tried to be crisp in my application on how merage can be bridge to my goals.

Hello culgaurav,

You sound to have an excellent profile for a B-School.Though people with low GMAT score make it to top B-Schools but the cases are rare. High GMAT score not only helps you to shine among the applicants but also helps you to bag a decent fellowship. For international applicants, it is highly advised to have a GMAT score around/above the schools average. My advice would be to improve your GMAT score. AWA is good, Your verbal and Quant score have scope of improvement. Admission season is on and there is still time till April.

-Asphalt
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Alphalt. I will definitely keep this in mind. will university be that patient to hold on my admission till i re-attempt my GMAT by April? I mean with such an option, i can start thinking of preparing for GMAT again! Does univ offer a conditional offer in such case? I dont know how is the procedure.

asphalt wrote:
culgaurav wrote:
Hey Asphalt,

Need your opinion.

Hello culgaurav,

You sound to have an excellent profile for a B-School.Though people with low GMAT score make it to top B-Schools but the cases are rare. High GMAT score not only helps you to shine among the applicants but also helps you to bag a decent fellowship. For international applicants, it is highly advised to have a GMAT score around/above the schools average. My advice would be to improve your GMAT score. AWA is good, Your verbal and Quant score have scope of improvement. Admission season is on and there is still time till April.

-Asphalt
Manager
Manager
Send PM
culgaurav wrote:
Thanks Alphalt. I will definitely keep this in mind. will university be that patient to hold on my admission till i re-attempt my GMAT by April? I mean with such an option, i can start thinking of preparing for GMAT again! Does univ offer a conditional offer in such case? I dont know how is the procedure.

asphalt wrote:
culgaurav wrote:
Hey Asphalt,

Need your opinion.

Hello culgaurav,

-Asphalt

Hello culgaurav,

In most of the cases the admission office responds to an application in 1-3 weeks. If you haven't heard back from them then you can shoot an email to know the status of your application. improving GMAT score is my personal opinion. If you are serious about improving your score, do mention that in your e-mail.

-Asphalt

Originally posted by asphalt on 17 Jan 2014, 10:13.
Last edited by asphalt on 17 Jan 2014, 10:15, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hi All,

I needed an honest suggestion.

I have applied in the last week of November 2013. My status is showing as Complete and nothing more.
Should I have to wait any further or do you think there is no positive chances??

Kindly let me know... :!:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Alphalt,

That was really a valuable suggestion. Actually i met Gary lindblad in one of the MBA fair in Mumbai, India. I am in constant touch with Sajni on the application front. I need to submit my TOEFL score n transcripts and only then she can sent to admissions committee for evaluation. I have scheduled TOEFL on 18th Feb. If i exhibit a gud score of around 105-110, then what do u think, will that compensate my verbal scores? With good AWA and TOEFL score and my interview should cover my verbal score.

asphalt wrote:
culgaurav wrote:
Hey Asphalt,

Need your opinion.

Hello culgaurav,

-Asphalt
[/quote]

Hello culgaurav,

In most of the cases the admission office responds to an application in 1-3 weeks. If you haven't heard back from them then you can shoot an email to know the status of your application. improving GMAT score is my personal opinion. If you are serious about improving your score, do mention that in your e-mail.

-Asphalt[/quote]
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello culgaurav,

It's good that you are following up with Gary/Sajni. Maybe when they receive your official TOEFL score they will consider your application complete and start processing it. I think TOEFL score is just a yes or no type, if you score 100 and above its a tick mark for their checklist. I guess unofficial transcripts are also okay for them, but are required before they roll out the admission decision. Can't comment if TOEFL and interview can cover the verbal score, but worth giving a shot.

(If I were you I would give a parallel shot at improving the GMAT score )

-Asphalt

culgaurav wrote:
Thanks Alphalt,

That was really a valuable suggestion. Actually i met Gary lindblad in one of the MBA fair in Mumbai, India. I am in constant touch with Sajni on the application front. I need to submit my TOEFL score n transcripts and only then she can sent to admissions committee for evaluation. I have scheduled TOEFL on 18th Feb. If i exhibit a gud score of around 105-110, then what do u think, will that compensate my verbal scores? With good AWA and TOEFL score and my interview should cover my verbal score.

asphalt wrote:
culgaurav wrote:
Hey Asphalt,

Need your opinion.

Hello culgaurav,

-Asphalt

Hello culgaurav,

-Asphalt[/quote][/quote]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got an email from UCI on 15th Jan that I was waitlisted..can somebody help,by when we can expect a decision
The school replied, the decision can be as late as June.i hope for international students it better be a bit early...does anyone know someone who got off the wait list in previous years??
Asphalt ..can u pls help here??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Hey I can just let you know that I submitted online application on 27th December, and mailed all hardcopy transcripts/scores reports to school right after, and I got my interview notice on 12th Jan 2014, and I've just complete my interview on 19th Jan, so if you haven't heard anything from them, then maybe you can contact the admission directly to see what's going on......

pomurali wrote:
Hi All,

I needed an honest suggestion.

I have applied in the last week of November 2013. My status is showing as Complete and nothing more.
Should I have to wait any further or do you think there is no positive chances??

Kindly let me know... :!:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I am not sure how they work for wait list. My two cents would be to mail them and check for the actual time line (it takes time to get I20 and the Visa for International students). It's admission season and they may take time to reply. If you have any offer from other Schools make sure that you mention it saying that your final decision depends on the the decision from Merage. If you have time and energy improve your GMAT score and let them know it.

Hope it helps

-Asphalt
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
asphalt wrote:
I am not sure how they work for wait list. My two cents would be to mail them and check for the actual time line (it takes time to get I20 and the Visa for International students). It's admission season and they may take time to reply. If you have any offer from other Schools make sure that you mention it saying that your final decision depends on the the decision from Merage. If you have time and energy improve your GMAT score and let them know it.

Hope it helps

-Asphalt

Hi Asphalt,

I submitted my application on 1st December 2013. I got a mail from Admission team about GMAT retake that I had indicated in my application, on 18th December 2013. I confirmed to continue with my current GMAT score (580). Till 9th of January 2014, I did not hear anything from them. I call up the helpdesk number and asked about my status. Then they indicated that it will take 2 weeks to confirm. further on 17th January when I called them again, they said it will take another 2 weeks to indicate the status. Finally Just yesterday, when I wrote a mail to confirm on my status, they said it will take another 2 weeks to confirm on the application status.
My strong feeling is I am not going to get through. However, do let me know if you think there can be any hope or shall I just stop following-up with the status.

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
pomurali wrote:
asphalt wrote:

Hope it helps

-Asphalt

Hi Asphalt,

I submitted my application on 1st December 2013. I got a mail from Admission team about GMAT retake that I had indicated in my application, on 18th December 2013. I confirmed to continue with my current GMAT score (580). Till 9th of January 2014, I did not hear anything from them. I call up the helpdesk number and asked about my status. Then they indicated that it will take 2 weeks to confirm. further on 17th January when I called them again, they said it will take another 2 weeks to indicate the status. Finally Just yesterday, when I wrote a mail to confirm on my status, they said it will take another 2 weeks to confirm on the application status.
My strong feeling is I am not going to get through. However, do let me know if you think there can be any hope or shall I just stop following-up with the status.

Thanks

Hello pomurali,

Have no clue about your profile, but I think you should work on improving your GMAT score. The school average is 660-670. International students are encouraged to have a score higher than the school average. Just keep in mind you will be competing with people from your own country and background. GMAT score plays a curtail role . It will also be useful for Consulting jobs. I would mail them to keep my application under consideration and mention that I will be reappearing GMAT on xxx day/month and update Merage.

-Asphalt
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts