Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:39 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Merage (Irvine) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Heya asphalt,

I got waitlisted after my interview. Wasn't the result I was hoping for :(

Do you have any stats on the acceptance rate of waitlisted applicants at Merage?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
shreister wrote:
Heya asphalt,

I got waitlisted after my interview. Wasn't the result I was hoping for :(

Do you have any stats on the acceptance rate of waitlisted applicants at Merage?

Hello shreister,

I have no information about the stats you asked for. The decision on waitlist could come after April/May. So if you have any offer from other schools shoot an email to the adcom asking for fast processing and they may take your case with priority. You can even ask them about points that you can improve on, to have a better chance of converting from waitlist.

-Asphalt

Originally posted by asphalt on 02 Mar 2014, 15:18.
Last edited by asphalt on 20 Mar 2014, 00:44, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Any waitlisted candidates from Round 1/2 got any updates /feedback???

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [2]
Given Kudos: 79
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Admitted.... :-D with $$

I can't believe it... As UC Irvine is my no. 1 choice, I will most probably enroll.

Is there any group for admitted students here or in FB?

Regards,
Sridhar
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
sridhar9504 wrote:
Admitted.... :-D with $$

I can't believe it... As UC Irvine is my no. 1 choice, I will most probably enroll.

Is there any group for admitted students here or in FB?

Regards,
Sridhar

Congrats Sridhar !!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
President Barack Obama to speak at UC Irvine commencement celebration 2014 (celebrating the 50th anniversary of UC Irvine)

https://news.uci.edu/press-releases/pres ... lebration/

-Asphalt
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
I was wondering if people could share what their decisions were in terms of UCI vs Other School and what criteria made them choose either UCI or a different program. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Unfortunately, I was denied into the FTMBA (full time MBA) but they admitted me into the FEMBA (fully employed MBA) program (aka part-time MBA). Can someone shed light on UCI's FEMBA program for me please? Biggest knocks I have heard against FEMBA programs, in general, are that they don't get the full support of the career center in terms of career management and also the professors may not be as good as the FTMBA.

As for the whole MBA experience, is it possible to get that through FEMBA, given that the current employer will be quite flexible with my hours? I know with UCI, most networking events occur Thursday nights which I will be able to attend even if I was working. What other experiences will be important?

Also, I am looking to switch careers and often most career switchers are suggested to attend a FTMBA. Is the bad rep for not being able to switch careers from a FEMBA due to the less than stellar career management services from school? And if so, if a school's FEMBA career center was just as dedicated as the FTMBA (which is what I have been suggested to be the case for UCI), would that minimize the risk of not being able to switch careers?

What else should I be considering? Cost is a neutral factor between the two programs.

Thank you in advance for your input!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
ng2014 wrote:
I was wondering if people could share what their decisions were in terms of UCI vs Other School and what criteria made them choose either UCI or a different program. Thanks!

Hey I just cancelled my enrollment at UCI (admitted with 40K USD) and decided to enrolled at USC Marshall( offered half tuition remission)

The UCI adcom has been extremely nice, but unfortunately, I tried to reached out to about 10 alumni and only 1 finally got back to me. Another reason that I chose USC is that USC has a strong emphasis on entrepreneurship with very successful alumni, along with a strong curriculum in other field.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
hieracity wrote:
Unfortunately, I was denied into the FTMBA (full time MBA) but they admitted me into the FEMBA (fully employed MBA) program (aka part-time MBA). Can someone shed light on UCI's FEMBA program for me please? Biggest knocks I have heard against FEMBA programs, in general, are that they don't get the full support of the career center in terms of career management and also the professors may not be as good as the FTMBA.

As for the whole MBA experience, is it possible to get that through FEMBA, given that the current employer will be quite flexible with my hours? I know with UCI, most networking events occur Thursday nights which I will be able to attend even if I was working. What other experiences will be important?

Also, I am looking to switch careers and often most career switchers are suggested to attend a FTMBA. Is the bad rep for not being able to switch careers from a FEMBA due to the less than stellar career management services from school? And if so, if a school's FEMBA career center was just as dedicated as the FTMBA (which is what I have been suggested to be the case for UCI), would that minimize the risk of not being able to switch careers?

What else should I be considering? Cost is a neutral factor between the two programs.

Thank you in advance for your input!

After your query I checked with FEMBA students in Merage. They have the best faculty from the Merage. FTMBA and FEMBA have many common classes (electives). Have no idea where you got the data pertain to your comments. Moreover they do get the Career center help for new opportunities which resonate with their future goals. Career Center works closely with each student. As the class size is small and you have designated career advisors. You should connect with FEMBA students to get proper info.
I guess you are someone who is working in SoCal with , so it makes more sense to do FEMBA.
Networking events in Thursday evening, where did you get this info from. I just returned from a Career night meeting 45 companies (Its wednesday).

My Advice- Talk with the Adcom and get connected with FEMBA Alums to get clear picture.

Good Luck

-Asphalt.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ng2014 wrote:

Small class, dedicated career center support, close knit community, growing program and very competitive students are the points which attracted me here.

I have a couple of classmates who dinged USC, reason cited were poor placement record and costly program.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone. I submitted my application in the last round for the FTMBA. I have an interview coming up, but I am actually surprised I was offered the opportunity considering my very poor GMAT score and only decent GPA. I'm even more surprised after reading all the posts from all very strong applicants in this thread. I really need to make sure I do well in this interview and prove that I am a good candidate despite my poor numbers. Can anyone give me any insight to the interview process?

p.s. congrats to those who are moving forward with Merage. Hopefully, I'll be joining you! :)

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got dinged from waitlist.. I asked them too soon to revaluate my application I guess, since I had admits from other programs.

Current Student
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V27
GPA: 3.4
WE:Marketing (Retail)
Send PM
Raj200014 wrote:
I got dinged from waitlist.. I asked them too soon to revaluate my application I guess, since I had admits from other programs.

Sorry to hear that. Did you just call them and ask for the reevaluation? How long did you get the result after inquiry?
Do you send any additional doc?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi

I was wait listed after round 2, got an admit yesterday... :)
I did not get any scholarship mails(not yet at least). I needed to get an idea about the annual cost of the program. Some breakup would be helpful. I am very keen on joining the program but I think the program will be too expensive for me without any financial aid.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
achatterjee1056 wrote:
Hi

I did not get any scholarship mails(not yet at least). I needed to get an idea about the annual cost of the program. Some breakup would be helpful. I am very keen on joining the program but I think the program will be too expensive for me without any financial aid.

Check the below link.

https://merage.uci.edu/FullTimeMBA/Conte ... age-MBA/43

Tuition fee comes up to 47,089 $ per year for non residents.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sridhar9504 wrote:
achatterjee1056 wrote:
Hi

Check the below link.

https://merage.uci.edu/FullTimeMBA/Conte ... age-MBA/43

Tuition fee comes up to 47,089 $ per year for non residents.

It includes all types of fee (Student center, Bren Events Center, Recreation Center, Association) + Health Insurance + tuition.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts