GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Jun 2019, 19:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Merage (Irvine) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: Merage '15 (A)
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Merage (Irvine) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2013, 23:12
abhishek241 wrote:
Hi asphalt,

I have been invited to interview for Merage. Unfortunately, the slots currently available are only for tomorrow, But I am on official travel for the next 1 week, that too to a remote industrial location in India, so the internet facilities will be extremely poor.... I have written back to UCI requesting for a slot after I return... Do you think they will be willing to accommodate.. and would this harm my chances in any way.. the official travel is completely unavoidable.. :(

abhishek

Hello Abhishek,

Congrats on your interview invite.
The admission department is very helpful so they should accommodate you. I will mail admission department to have a look into your case, just PM me your full name. :idea:

and yes it won't hurt your chances.

(In my case, my internet blew up during the interview, so the admission director called me on my mobile phone to continue the interview, luckily I had a backup- tata photon plus to help me out :)

Good Luck!!!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2013, 00:33
Invited to interview. Scheduled it for 26th. Looking forward to that day!
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2013, 00:45
naveenhv wrote:
Invited to interview. Scheduled it for 26th. Looking forward to that day!

Congrats and Good Luck naveenhv

-Asphalt
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2013, 01:05
Hi all,

The admission team visits many countries to meet future students. It's the right time for you to meet the admission team and get the insight about The Paul Merage School of Business. Pitch in your questions and they will be happy to help you out. I had benefited a lot from the online info session during my MBA college hunting days.

The following link summarized the tour:
http://merage.uci.edu/FullTimeMBA/Conte ... he-Road/63

-Asphalt
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2013, 23:35
Completed my interview on 26th. The questions were the usual like Why MBA, Why Merage, Typical day at work, challenges and how to deal with it, what will you do if you receive admits from all schools.

I was told that a decision will be made in 2 weeks time.

Does anybody know how liberal Merage is with scholarships/fellowships?
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2013, 23:49
naveenhv wrote:
Completed my interview on 26th. The questions were the usual like Why MBA, Why Merage, Typical day at work, challenges and how to deal with it, what will you do if you receive admits from all schools.

Cool you have crossed one hurdle.

In my batch most of the students have some kind of fellowship (Faculty Fellowship, Merage Fellowship etc.). As per my analysis it can cover a good percentage of the fee.

Good Luck with the decision and fellowship :-D

-Asphalt
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2013, 00:02
asphalt wrote:
naveenhv wrote:

In my batch most of the students have some kind of fellowship (Faculty Fellowship, Merage Fellowship etc.). As per my analysis it can cover a good percentage of the fee.

-Asphalt

Thanks Asphalt. Can you tell me about yourself? Are you still a student or have graduated? And also a little bit about the school. Merage is my top choice since i am looking at mostly tech space post MBA
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2013, 00:35
naveenhv wrote:
asphalt wrote:
naveenhv wrote:

-Asphalt

Thanks Asphalt. Can you tell me about yourself? Are you still a student or have graduated? And also a little bit about the school. Merage is my top choice since i am looking at mostly tech space post MBA

I am a first year Full Time MBA at the Paul Merage School of Business and will be graduating in 2015. Most of the information you need is there in the Merage website, but let me provide you my insight.

According to my experience (3 months) at Merage, the faculty here is top notch, the cohorts come from diverse background and culture, the career center works with you to build your linkedin profile, to face interview questions, to build MBA resume and cover letter etc.

We have 2 sections with 45-50 students in each section, the small class helps to build a close knit community and to get personalized attention from the faculty members. The Alumni network is very strong and they are always there to help you.

The program is fast growing and the faculty, admission dept are always eager to help you and work with you. In your first year you are assigned a group (of 5 people, from different background and different country), with the group you need to do projects, presentations , assignments etc. Its a real life learning and contributing experience.

UC Irvine is research based university and focuses on learning and development. We have a strong presence in California, and the ranking is improving every year.

We are eagerly waiting for the New Merage building which will be operational from September 2014. We will have more space to create havoc 8-)

irvine is a clean, green and well planned city and enjoys the weather advantage of California, but without a car its quiet impossible to commute. OCTA and Anteater bus service are kind of okay.

And yes California is a great place to be if you are a techie.

Let me know if you have any other questions, its always fun to share experience

-Asphalt
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2013, 01:51
Great. Thanks. What about the scene for internationals? I know its not easy but how are things?
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2013, 02:10
naveenhv wrote:
Great. Thanks. What about the scene for internationals? I know its not easy but how are things?

I have seen last 3 years landing report, 100% internship for international students.

The placement for 2013 batch:
http://merage.uci.edu/Content/Salary-Statistics/246

Note few international students opt to move back to their home country as they have their own business, are company sponsored or have personal preference. For those who wish to work here, need to work a tad harder but eventually get a job.

-Asphalt
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE: Programming (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2013, 12:13
I was interviewed by Ad Com member today. General questions were asked such as Why MBA , Why Irvine. She also asked few specific questions such as How you selected schools for your application ? How will you decide if you will get multiple selections?

Interview was around 50 mins long and there were lot many questions on POST MBA plans and goals. Result will be announced in 2-3 weeks

Now Fingers crossed !!!!
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2013, 01:04
Aspire009 wrote:
I was interviewed by Ad Com member today. General questions were asked such as Why MBA , Why Irvine. She also asked few specific questions such as How you selected schools for your application ? How will you decide if you will get multiple selections?

Interview was around 50 mins long and there were lot many questions on POST MBA plans and goals. Result will be announced in 2-3 weeks

Now Fingers crossed !!!!

Good Luck Aspire009
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q41 V44
GPA: 2.9

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2013, 18:08
Got an invite for an interview today. I'm beyond thrilled as I applied recently and haven't even heard from UCLA where I applied 1st round.

Now I'm anxious because I know I'm near the bottom of the app pool with my scores, grades, and experience. I want to do well in the interview because I know Irvine would be an excellent fit if I could get in!

I live out of state and I'm very unsure of if I want to interview in person or on skype. On one hand, I would love to visit campus again, on the other, that's a lot of money for me to put out. Do any of you think it matters which I pick?

Also, I've noticed several of you have noted that they ask about how you'll choose if you're admitted to all your schools. What kind of answers have you given? I've based most of my choosing on location, culture, and fit for my goals but I'm not 100% sure what I would do if miraculously admitted to UCLA and UCI. How do you answer if UCI isn't your first choice?
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2013, 19:51
jazzyrhythms wrote:
Got an invite for an interview today. I'm beyond thrilled as I applied recently and haven't even heard from UCLA where I applied 1st round.

Now I'm anxious because I know I'm near the bottom of the app pool with my scores, grades, and experience. I want to do well in the interview because I know Irvine would be an excellent fit if I could get in!

I live out of state and I'm very unsure of if I want to interview in person or on skype. On one hand, I would love to visit campus again, on the other, that's a lot of money for me to put out. Do any of you think it matters which I pick?

Also, I've noticed several of you have noted that they ask about how you'll choose if you're admitted to all your schools. What kind of answers have you given? I've based most of my choosing on location, culture, and fit for my goals but I'm not 100% sure what I would do if miraculously admitted to UCLA and UCI. How do you answer if UCI isn't your first choice?

Hello Jazzyrhythms,

Congrats on your interview invite.
As per my experience the admission committee gives equal weight-age to in person and Skype interviews.

In my case I had mentioned that I have applied to the best universities that meet my goals and my decision will weigh on the scholarship I receive from all.

Hope it helps...
-Asphalt
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT Date: 12-06-2013
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2013, 19:39
jazzyrhythms wrote:

I just did a Skype interview yesterday and I feel that it went very well. I think it will help put you at ease because you are in the comfort of your home, and do not have to deal with the nuances of doing the interview in the admissions office. The following typical questions were asked: Walk me through your resume/professional experience. Why an MBA at UC Irvine? Why now? Short term goals? Long term goals post mba? Hope that helps.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GRE 1: Q163 V154
GPA: 3.86
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2013, 13:43
Hi guys any decisions?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Merage '16 (A$)
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V35
WE: Information Technology (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2013, 19:17
Got notified of decision last night.

Admitted with $$$!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GRE 1: Q163 V154
GPA: 3.86
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2013, 19:23
I haven't received anything yet. I had my interview last Thursday. Any more people got results?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q41 V44
GPA: 2.9

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2013, 19:58
Congrats rishabsunder!!!

When did you interview?
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2013, 22:17
rishabsunder wrote:
Got notified of decision last night.

Admitted with $$$!

Congrats rishabsunder
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Merage (Irvine) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 16 Dec 2013, 22:17

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    Next  [ 167 posts ] 

Merage (Irvine) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status