GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 Sep 2018, 05:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Mfin Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Mfin Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2018, 01:42
Hello everyone,

I recently finished my undergrad in Business Administration and am now looking at Mfin programs. I have a few programs that interest me, but not sure about my chances with any of them, so any comments, ideas and recommendations will help.

Profile:
Undergrad: 3.3GPA (Double Degree in Business Administration from non-target University in Germany and non-target University in New Zealand (majors in Accounting and Finance))
GMAT 710
Big4 Audit Internship
At time of application roughly 6 months full time work experience at a mid-tier consulting firm with risk management focus
Plan is to switch to IB or Asset management after graduation (most likely in Europe, but possibly in the US)

Programs:
London Business School
London School of Economics
Stockholm School of Economcs
Bocconi
HEC Paris
Oxford
Imperial College
RSM

What do you guys think? Any chance of getting into any of these programs?
I don't have a particular interest in academia and would therefore prefer a program that shows a more practical approach with applications of real world problems instead of theoretical essays, etc. can anyone differentiate these programs based on this?

Thank you guys so much! I appreciate the help!
Director
Director
S
Re: Mfin Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2018, 05:15
GMAT is good, GPA is decent, but not great. I think you’d have a good shot at one of the LSE MSc programs. LBS MiM, maybe (Mfin is for experienced people and the MBA isn’t suited for you at this point).

I know Bocconi likes high GMAT scores. I would apply there. All the others are the top schools in Europe. I know their reputation and that European schools like higher scores than say the American programs would. I’d probably apply to as many as you can afford and have time for. Your odds will fluctuate depending on the strength and blend of the applying class.

Posted from my mobile device

Master in Finance HQ
http://www.msfhq.com

Intern
Intern
Re: Mfin Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2018, 05:42
First of all, thank you for reply.

Now that you mention it, I realize that the Masters in Finance at LBS is for experienced people and that's the one that's ranked highly. They do have the Masters in Financial Analysis though, which targets anyone with <2 years work experience, but that doesn't appear to be in any rankings. Do you think this is just due to rankings not showing several programs from the same University or is the program somehow inferior?
Same question could actually be asked about LSE. You mentioned I might have a shot at one of their programs. Since they have quite a few different versions of their Finance programs (just finance, finance & PE, Finance & economics...), is there anything I should look out for when applying? Would this just come down to personal preference regarding the curriculum?

Thanks again!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Mfin Profile Evaluation &nbs [#permalink] 11 Jul 2018, 05:42

Mfin Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap